Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard (33152 Views)

GEJ Urges The Implementation Nat"l Conference Report - Vanguard / FG Appoints Florence Anyanwu As Auditor-general Of The Federation (Acting) / SGF Directs Auditor-general, Ukura To Retire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Truckpusher(m): 7:14am On Oct 13, 2015
The current Government can be likened to a TV program like Telemundo - Olisah metuh grin grin grin
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by back2sender: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2015
Adminisher:

SILLY post.
We finally have a president who knows his job, knows his own mind and has a point of view. Contrast with Dr Clueless who will nod his head and ask.."where do I sign?"
god bless you for this comment, no mind the fuuls that think with thier anuus. the era of rubber stamp anything goes don pass.
Buhari is very conversant with lake chad because he dealt with the chadians as a GOC commander back then and also he is a farmer.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by collyno1985: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2015
Adminisher:

SILLY post.
We finally have a president who knows his job, knows his own mind and has a point of view. Contrast with Dr Clueless who will nod his head and ask.."where do I sign?"

Short ur dirty stinking mouth uP. Always defending stupidly.... stop thinking from ur anus.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2015
Lattop:
Sack am put better personcheesy

You mean hire another kolanut eater. grin

Koseregrin
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Lakeland4321: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2015
Adminisher:

Awo was running the country for more than six years. Ask Gowon who was a young army officer probably younger than you. Forget about titles my friend.
Look lets not be trivial, we all also know that idiagbon ran the country under buhari and dikko under shagari, but make sure you call a spade a spade, i repeat they were not former presidents even if they were influential.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by sweetgala(m): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lots of those reports as part of Nigeria's pledge in combatting global house warming now goes to the President for urgent consideration and action.

Truth is that Buhari didn't read his handover note properly.As a president you're suppose to be abreast with the day to day national concerns on a matter of such magnitude and not chasing oppositions up and down over nothing.
Buhari, will run Nigeria like a crippled man's farmland.

Wrong he obviously read his handover notes, that was why he was knowledgeable on the matter and able to correct the auditor general when appropriate

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by sweetgala(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Call Buhari whatever but I am more impressed with his style than the Fedora-wearing zoologist (who goes to university to study Zoology up to Ph.D level in Nigeria?)

Let the Auditor-General present the report as demanded or be ready to join the unemployment pool.

It is not without a doubt that Buhari is a beneficiary of the quota system. But he is walking through where graduates fear to thread.

One opportunity God gave the SS to ameliorate their condition fell on the lap of a clueless man who blew it big time. Today they are worse off.

There you have it.

\

Marine zoology for the matter, he had his thesis on shrimp lavae. I have a copy somewhere
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by emzila(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2015
alcmene:
Everything aint just right in this government....

No clear-cut direction cry
did you read and understand at all, So you expect him to just accept it like that without cross checking or question abnormalities? This is why i don't have issues with the old ones recycling themselves in power because the youths seems not to have anything to offer. Are we not suppose to be happy knowing that we now have a president who take time to look into reports submitted to him? What a shame to our youths criticising a president who takes time to look into issues of national interest.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by emzila(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Order is better than speed. We said a lot of negative thins about Ya Adua, only to know his value after his death. Let wailer continue wailing, Nigeria must be better.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by wiseolly: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2015
owobokiri:

You cant blame the man.. He is running a 1984 government in the year of our lord 2015 and will continuously need "interpretations" to understand whats going on.... The fact that he wasted over 5 months to appoint Fashola and Amechi ministers only illustrates the monumental confusion that pervades officialdom under this mans watch.. He acts as if he knows what he is doing but the fact is that he is actually shallow/petty minded while lacking the intellectual base to run a modern economy..

I WONDA IF U AVE EVER BEEN TO LAGOS TO SEE WHAT FASHOLA DID. IF U AVE HAD D PRIVILEDGE OF BEING TO LAGOS WHAT FASHOLA DID IN OSHODI ALONE IS ENOUGH YARDSTICK TO MEASURE A GOOD GOVENANCE
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Seunolad1(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2015
You can never sertisfy human in this life, when it obvious to everyone tht mr PHD miss manage his administration people are saying a lot nw someone is dng it right some stupid fellow are still critizing nawa o. #Nigeria# please encourage him, motivate him he can't do it alone, this is our home let build it together.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by johnie: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2015
I watched a clip of the presentation on Channels TV this morning. I you have access to Channels TV you may still be able to watch it in their bulletins this morning.

I think there's more to it that we are seeing or reading.

The first indication I had that something was going on was when the cameras zoomed in on the AG at the beginning of the report and I saw him wearing a medal on his lapel.

I thought it was odd but then dismissed it. On the premise that the man felt he should wear it since he was appearing before the president. I am of the opinion that heshould not have worn it at all except maybe to an ocassion like a presidential ball.

The second odd thing was when they showed PMB expressing his disappointment that the report did not include details of a particular activity. The president said he was expecting to find details of that activity so he could cross check the figures with those had obtained in his own research. PMB actually mentioned some figures he said was reportedly spent and that the AG's report did not indicate if the activity was carried out and a report submitted.

In the next scene the AG responded by saying that information to the activity had not been provided.

I knew right there something funny was going on.

As if to confirm that, the next scene featured the actual presentation of the report by the AG to PMB. At this point, PMB quizically pointed to the medal and asked him what the medal was and the AG responded that it was an OFR medal.

This caused a stir in the room.

Next I observed that there was no handshake between the two as is customary after such presentations.

I then realised that the AG probably wore the medal to impress PMB who must have thought in his mind "is this the sort of people that are awarded national honours?

Now reading the report in the original post and the contributions of some posters here and the fact that the constitution does not allow the AG to submit reports to any other authority than the NASS, I think that there must have been some undercurrents before the presentation.

For instance, the AG probably did not respond favourably to the request of the executive to submit the report to the preseident rather than the NASS.

Secondly as someone pointed out, it is odd that the report is only for a particular government agency.

At the end of the new report I concluded that the AG should start looking for another job!
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by johnie: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2015
I wonder if the drama has anything to do with this:

The Auditor General of the Federation, AuGF, Mr. Samuel Ukura, has threatened to sue Premium Times for misinterpreting his position in the purported response published by the medium to its Freedom of Information, FoI-backed request on the Forensic Audit report on the missing NNPC funds.

Contrary to the newspaper’s publication that Mr. Ukura blamed the long delay by his office in releasing the full audit report on the “great interest” of the presidency on the matter, the AuGF noted that “the reply to the freedom of information followed template (1) (Information not held by public institution) on page 16 of the guidelines on the implementation of the freedom of information Act 2011. Revised Edition 2013 issued by the Honorable Attorney-General of the Federation, and Minister of Justice on the 27th February, 2013 specifically defined institutions with “greater interest”.

The AuGF said, “The Office of the Auditor General for the Federation OAUGF followed this legal requirement, and the Civil service rules in the response. OAUGF identified the “Presidency” as the institution in the reply as required by the FOI Act.”

This clarification was made in a press release forwarded to DAILY POST by Barr (Mrs.) Uche Okafor Agbi, on behalf of the Auditor General for the Federation. She noted that, “For any group of persons or a media House to misinterpret this very important aspect of the Act as casting blame and to personalize any Public interest duly identified as an institution with “greater interest” is mischievous, which in no small measure calls for a legal action and the attention of the Attorney-General as His good Office has been directing”.

The online newspaper had reported that in response to its request for the document detailing the outcome of the forensic audit days before the presidency released it, Mr. Ukura said he was not in a position to release the report because the presidency has “great interest” in the information contained therein. He then purportedly advised the medium to redirect its request for the report to the presidency which had custody of the document.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/30/nnpc-report-auditor-general-threatens-to-sue-premium-times-over-misinterpretation/
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by cehnigeria: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, kindly visit www.crmnigeria.com to read articles on customer relationship management and project management. You can also ask questions on how you can get I.T certifications on any of the courses. I will be willing to help you out. See you there.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by InvertedHammer: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
"It could" simply means that it could also not be the reasons .

Back to topic ; I maintain that your messiah is super clueless , abdated and can't function in a 21 century economy with her unending challenges.
How do you even start with a man that waited for almost how many months to come up wih an ordinary ministerial list only to come up with a "thank you for helping me win the election" list....smh
By the time the economy crumbles under his feet , maybe just then you guys might just wake up.
/
What I find funny is:

GEJ was clueless. His God-father Edwin Clark (who should know him well) attested to that recently.

When the opportunity for replacement came up, all of you modern day economists that know how to solve the problems of Nigeria recoiled in your shelves and failed to pick nomination forms. Buhari contested and won. Now all of you crawled out of your shelves to cry wolf.

What stopped you from contesting?

\
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by 989900: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Too much "oversabi" commenters chastising the President. #ITK
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by nikysmart007: 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
seunmsg:

Thanks bro.
Buh whoz gonadotropin inform them of d. Breach anyway. ...or is d@ info simply for enter10mnt
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by prmascot: 1:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Nigerian youth should learn to focus on building a career or start-up. The government has failed us, its time for us to work smart and in unity.... register with PR-Mascot business community for ideas on start-up. lets take our country back. www.prmascot.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Other Nigerians Should Emulate South-West Political Maturity - President Buhari / Nigerian Air Force Jet "Accidentally" Bombs Kunkuna Village, Katsina / Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.