Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard (33153 Views)

GEJ Urges The Implementation Nat"l Conference Report - Vanguard / FG Appoints Florence Anyanwu As Auditor-general Of The Federation (Acting) / SGF Directs Auditor-general, Ukura To Retire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by baralatie(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:
Something is fundamentally wrong with this news. The Auditor General does not report to the president, so, why is he presenting the report of the environmental impact audit of Lake Chad basin to PMB? The report should form a part of his annual report to the National assembly for consideration by the public accounts committee.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by maupe: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

Thanks bro.
Just to be fair, i'll point out that the said drama never took place. This is simply another stunt from the Gods you worship. They are actually more ignorant than their ediotic supporters. When the story was been cooked, they did not take into account, the constitution. They were more concerned with the awe, ignorant people would have gotten from the display of the President, in terms of crossing the I's and Dotting the T's, on corruption. The story will be debunked once the APC get wind of the constitution gaffe.

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

I don't know if he was invited or not. But the constitution is very clear that all his audit report should go to the National assembly. Beside, the Auditor General does not take direction or orders from anyone.

Section 85 (5) The Auditor-General shall, within ninety days of receipt of the Accountant-General's financial statement, submit his reports under this section to each House of the National Assembly and each House shall cause the reports to be considered by a committee of the House of the National Assembly responsible for public accounts. (6) In the exercise of his functions under this Constitution, the Auditor-General shall not be subject to the direction or control of any other authority.

But he found his way into the presidential chamber invited.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by frankyychiji(f): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
kokoA:
Didd your read the post at all?
MrMcJay do the needful please.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Eziachi: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
owobokiri:

You cant blame the man.. He is running a 1984 government in the year of our lord 2015 and will continuously need "interpretations" to understand whats going on.... The fact that he wasted over 5 months to appoint Fashola and Amechi ministers only illustrates the monumental confusion that pervades officialdom under this mans watch.. He acts as if he knows what he is doing but the fact is that he is actually shallow/petty minded while lacking the intellectual base to run a modern economy..
Do you just oppose for the mere sake of opposition? Did you read the report or you just commented because you saw the word Buhari?
The report is about a leader who seems to understand the issue more than the civil servants who must have done a terrible job but cannot get away with it because the person receiving the report well understood the subject matter more than him.

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Eziachi: 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:
Something is fundamentally wrong with this news. The Auditor General does not report to the president, so, why is he presenting the report of the environmental impact audit of Lake Chad basin to PMB? The report should form a part of his annual report to the National assembly for consideration by the public accounts committee.
So you know the system more than the civil servants and presidency? Tell me something I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by seunmsg(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
Eziachi:
So you know the system more than the civil servants and presidency? Tell me something I don't know.

I am not one of those anti Buhari elements that criticises everything that comes from the president. I have also not claimed to know more than anybody. I only pointed out a clear breach of the constitution and I have quoted the relevant section in my previous post on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by anonimi: 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
owobokiri:

You cant blame the man.. He is running a 1984 government in the year of our lord 2015 and will continuously need "interpretations" to understand whats going on.... The fact that he wasted over 5 months to appoint Fashola and Amechi ministers only illustrates the monumental confusion that pervades officialdom under this mans watch.. He acts as if he knows what he is doing but the fact is that he is actually shallow/petty minded while lacking the intellectual base to run a modern economy..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2029034_failbuhari10_jpeg11315a33f99ed88e64c2c875eabb4b78

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Abbeyme: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
How can Auditor-General of the Federation say some spendings are outside of its accounting scope and scrutiny ...

That is irresponsibility...

5 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by omonnakoda: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

I don't know if he was invited or not. But the constitution is very clear that all his audit report should go to the National assembly. Beside, the Auditor General does not take direction or orders from anyone.

Section 85 (5) The Auditor-General shall, within ninety days of receipt of the Accountant-General's financial statement, submit his reports under this section to each House of the National Assembly and each House shall cause the reports to be considered by a committee of the House of the National Assembly responsible for public accounts. (6) In the exercise of his functions under this Constitution, the Auditor-General shall not be subject to the direction or control of any other authority.

Where does it say that he is the author of "THE" report

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Aromas: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
alcmene:
Everything aint just right in this government....

No clear-cut direction cry
What is not right in dis now Mr Wrong undecided shey na crime 4d president to have request 4d feasibility study on Lake Chad? B4 arguing wit u, what is Feasibility Study
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by symbianDON(m): 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
Adminisher:

SILLY post.
We finally have a president who knows his job, knows his own mind and has a point of view. Contrast with Dr Clueless who will nod his head and ask.."where do I sign?"
wicked!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by tinsel: 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
People commenting on what they know is a fake news. Una get too much time.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by deebsman1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Babangida nko
Adminisher:
[b][/b]

A president who remembers details of a study done during Obasanjo regime. That is a President that is switched on.
Only Awo, Obj and Yaradua have ever displayed that detailed knowledge and concentration on what happens in government. Abacha and Shagari would have fallen asleep during the briefing. Gowon would have asked too many questionsc directed at the super permanent Secretaries.Murtala Muhammed would have told the man to hurry up with his recommendation he wants to take his decision there and then.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by tranxo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
Adminisher:

Who exactly does the Auditor General report to when ministers are not around?. The report itself was on a financial audit so what was wrong with this news item?

Hope you learn something from the below answers? Smh. Lol.

seunmsg:

The Auditor General does not report to the president or any minister. He reports to the National Assembly and his reports are considered by the public accounts committee of both the house of reps and senate.

seunmsg:

5 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by seunmsg(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
omonnakoda:
Where does it say that he is the author of "THE" report

"While the president noted that the report did not take into account the feasibility study conducted by a team under the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasabjo which cost Nigeria $5 million, the AGF insisted that that was outside his supervision, saying that Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) has that responsibility.

But the president insisted that the AGF should give relevant explanations of the omission"

So, who authored the report?

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by mekaboy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

Well the problem with the report is that the lake chad is drying up and PMB intends to sink more money there till he finds oil.

So he needs the $5m report to justify his spending when the time comes.

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
la Buhari la confusion

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by omonnakoda: 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

"While the president noted that the report did not take into account the feasibility study conducted by a team under the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasabjo which cost Nigeria $5 million, the AGF insisted that that was outside his supervision, saying that Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) has that responsibility.

But the president insisted that the AGF should give relevant explanations of the omission"
So, who authored the report?

We are not told. Basic comprehension
We are not told what the report is either whether it is a financial report or a qualitative report we can only speculate
We do not know in what capacity he went there so we cannot say he "broke protocol"
It is not wise to make assertions without facts

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by ManirBK: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The President should have understood the protocol before arguing with the AGF.
Why u are always against mr president?
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by iskay1971: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
It is always hard to cover lies. The AGF suddenly forgot the meaning of the word "general" when the time came for real auditing. Let him be drilled well and he will open up on what he and obj are covering.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ukura the bad man, pack all allowances chop, staff suffering. I never see this kind Auditor-General before
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by mapet: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
alcmene:
Everything aint just right in this government....

No clear-cut direction cry

Not that you can comprehend what the meeting is about, but it's more awful that you could not comprehend even when it's staring at you in the face......
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by seunmsg(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
VenusBetty:
Ukura the bad man, pack all allowances chop, staff suffering. I never see this kind Auditor-General before

You work in Audit house?
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

You work in Audit house?
yeah i work in Audit House
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Aitee1: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
Adminisher:

SILLY post.
We finally have a president who knows his job, knows his own mind and has a point of view. Contrast with Dr Clueless who will nod his head and ask.."where do I sign?"

cheesy cheesy cheesy

GEJ...ye haff suffered! grin

1 Like

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by seunmsg(m): 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
VenusBetty:
yeah i work in Audit House

I taught as much.
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by mapet: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The President should have understood the protocol before arguing with the AGF.

Bros,

Is it that in your quest to rubbish PMB, you're beginning to loose your senses? The president should have understood protocol? sometimes you guys just throw up ridiculous statements

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
ManirBK:
Why u are always against mr president?
Am I?
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

I taught as much.
tot as gini? do you work there too?
Re: Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard by shogz89: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
maupe:
Another lie from the APC e-sh|t machine. After their fake story on the supposed price drop in PMS has been debunked by the NNPC, they have moved on to more scintillating lies. Tomorrow, the AGF will come out to also debunk this story. Sometimes I wonder if the APC spin crowd proof read this stories before releasing them, because at the end of the day, they actually do more harm than good to the APC government. Someone needs to reset their priorities and that has to be done ASAP.
bro you need rest ASAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Unveils Take-off Of High Speed Train From Abuja To Lagos / Random Facts About Ebonyi / Ibrahim Idris Appears Before Senate Panel Over Misau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.