Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View (1292 Views)

Benefits Of Remaining A Virgin Till Marriage By Nancy Hanna / What's Ur View On Girls That Woo Guys? / TOP 8 Things Nigerian Girls Do That Made Them Special And Spontaneous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
I received much criticism on this forum when I narrated how I recommended a lady for cousin. My family and I are strong protagonist of "Marriage by Recommendation" and it has yielded great result since Adam. I have two elder brothers, both are married via recommendation and the marriage is almost perfect. When I look at them I just want to get married. I have female and male cousins who also got married and we seldom have family dramas. There also rules, for instance you are not allowed to date for more than three months. At total six months if there are some reasons or matters that needed to be clarified. After six months if marriage does not occur, he/she is advised to withdraw from such courtship. The person making the recommendation must not be of questionable character and must have a sound knowledge about the other person's family. You are also free to make ur own choice as long as you can provide detailed information about your partner and the information must be verifiable (not I know the mum and dad, she was born in lagos...that is all). You are also free to decline immediately when linked with the other partner if you do not find him or her attractive or after the first three months of the relationship. If the relationship exceeds three months you have to give an excuse that is beyond reasonable doubt.
This process helps to reconcile partners faster when there is conflict. It also increase the bond of the lady and her in-laws. Since the mother was in total support of the marriage. You are easily loved by the family because we all married you. grin...It becomes easier to dig deep into the family you are getting married to, you know their history (for instance you won't like to get married in a family where so many members of the family are mentally unstable or the family where death often reside in the evenings).... Either of the partners do not waste their time and it must be quite patent that both are ready for marriage: age wise, financially (for the guy, he must have a job, not a potential grin) and mental wise before they are finally linked. A recommended Marriage is not limited to tribe alone, as in the case of my aunt who married from ijebu ode...the guy was linked with her by a family friend very close to the guy's family. It sounds archaic...but we love it

NB....I do not disapprove of spontaneous Marriages. I just want you to air your opinion about either of them and why you prefer one to the other....No Insults....If you are here just to pick out grammatical error..i recommend Yaba left...

#OctoberDevotion...pray a rosary today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by naijaboiy: 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Still reading. undecided
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by ige101(m): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Am not an advocate of that
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Lalasticlala...please Do Not move this topic to the front page. The last time you moved my topic to the front page I read too many jargons....
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
ige101:
Am not an advocate of that
you are not an advocate of which? and why?
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by MizTyna(f): 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
Right now,I'll prefer recommendation. Too many nonsense people out there

2 Likes

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
MizTyna:
Right now,I'll prefer recommendation. Too many nonsense people out there
...wow..i think when people are linked, you know the other person is ready for marriage and there are people who can vouch for ur good behaviour. Saves time and also reduces complexities

1 Like

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
Believe me when I say this, recommendation is the best. No time to waste, no trifling, and no too much quarrels and fights. So many marriages are dead on arrival cos before the wedding, there's been too much water under the bridge. Case closed

2 Likes

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by misspicy(f): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
So somebody will choose husband for me because they are my family? Lai lai,i'd rada make a mistake than allow that...

What if i had a bf all along,so i will dump him abi

1 Like

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
misspicy:
So somebody will choose husband for me because they are my family? Lai lai,i'd rada make a mistake than allow that...

What if i had a bf all along,so i will dump him abi
yep.... embarassed...I guess he has had enough time...to come forward...or the boyfriend never reach to marry be that...my opinion though
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
KhaleesiAdaz:
Believe me when I say this, recommendation is the best. No time to waste, no trifling, and no too much quarrels and fights. So many marriages are dead on arrival cos before the wedding, there's been too much water under the bridge. Case closed
... cool...correct babe
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by Luckygurl(f): 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Different strokes for different folks..

None of my elder ones got married by recommendation and they are doing very well, the spontaneous thingy also works for some other..

Someone is trying that recommendation stuff on my head but I'm indifferent about it.
All I know is this, when I'm ready and I meet my classic man, I'm getting in regardless of whether it's by recommendation or not.

1 Like

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Luckygurl:
Different strokes for different folks..

None of my elder ones got married by recommendation and they are doing very well, the spontaneous thingy also works for some other..

Someone is trying that recommendation stuff on my head but I'm indifferent about it.
All I know is this, when I'm ready and I meet my classic man, I'm getting in regardless of whether it's by recommendation or not.
In summary you are indifferent about either...more like fate, when it comes to meeting mr right...
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by Luckygurl(f): 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
SSpeter:
In summary you are indifferent about either...more like fate, when it comes to meeting mr right...

I'm more concerned with the personality involved not necessarily how I met him.
If you choose to call it 'fate', that's what it is then....
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by theSpark(m): 6:34am On Oct 13, 2015
When I was younger I was always vehemently against the recommendation thing probably just because I have this rebellious streak.

Now if my people recommend and I like what I see I wouldn't say no. Saves time, unnecessary drama, and everyone behaves. It's almost a smooth sail.

I'm indifferent to how I get my spouse recommendations or spontaneously.
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by kokoA(m): 6:50am On Oct 13, 2015
Provided the person being recommended has a fine face and wonderful curves in the right places, I support. No be say I come follow recommendation for marry Shrek!
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by jmoore(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2015
Some folks can't seem to get it that what works for Mr A may not work for Mr. B

There is nothing wrong with any type of marriage.

Recommendation saves time, it gets you the right partner that is ready for marriage. So you avoid those girls wey still dey do shakara.

I will choose recommendation as the best option.

1 Like

Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2015
Recommendatn is even sweeter for rshps. Ur female frnd hook u up with her frnd....rshp don start gbam! d followin week is bleepin
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
kokoA:
Provided the person being recommended has a fine face and wonderful curves in the right places, I support. No be say I come follow recommendation for marry Shrek!
looooooool!!!
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
jmoore:
Some folks can't seem to get it that what works for Mr A may not work for Mr. B

There is nothing wrong with any type of marriage.

Recommendation saves time, it gets you the right partner that is ready for marriage. So you avoid those girls wey still dey do shakara.

I will choose recommendation as the best option.
cool
Re: Marriage By Recommendation Or Reference Vs Spontaneous Marriage..air Ur View by SSpeter(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
parrygee:
Recommendatn is even sweeter for rshps. Ur female frnd hook u up with her frnd....rshp don start gbam! d followin week is bleepin
embarassed lipsrsealed#Abstinence...

(1) (Reply)

Confession: My Boss Uses Me As He Likes, I Have Become His Play Thing / How We Celebrated Christmas In Badagry In 1923 (photo) / On The Day February 2nd In Black History...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.