Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness (27510 Views)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supplies To Ghana Over Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by lezz(m): 12:48am On Oct 13, 2015
JiggamanGh:

No dude it was mostly due to low water levels at the dams.

Do your research. Is there for you to see.
What research? Vain banter and denials as usual.

I needn't venture far. Did you digest the post? I did. Here's an excerpt for you. And deductively, it answers all the questions any honest mind can ever ask.

Please read:
[/quote]Wireku-Brobbey told a Ghanaian news medium
that contrary to expectation, the constant
power supply in the country is not dependent
on the incoming power barges from Turkey.
He said, “The problem for us not the arrival or
non-arrival of the power barges. As we speak
the government owes Nigeria over GHC100
million, which we are yet to settle, and that is
the problem that should concern us.”

Currently, Ghana receives in excess of 140
million standard cubic feet per day of gas from
Nigeria. The supply, although not enough, has
greatly enhanced power s[quote]
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by lezz(m): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2015
JiggamanGh:

No dude it was mostly due to low water levels at the dams.

Do your research. Is there for you to see.
What research? Vain banter and denials as usual.

I needn't venture far. Did you digest the post? I did. Here's an excerpt for you. And deductively, it answers all the questions any honest mind can ever ask.

Please read:
[/quote]Wireku-Brobbey told a Ghanaian news medium
that contrary to expectation, the constant
power supply in the country is not dependent
on the incoming power barges from Turkey.
He said, “The problem for us not the arrival or
non-arrival of the power barges. As we speak
the government owes Nigeria over GHC100
million, which we are yet to settle, and that is
the problem that should concern us.”

Currently, Ghana receives in excess of 140
million standard cubic feet per day of gas from
Nigeria. The supply, although not enough, has
greatly enhanced power supply in the country over the past few weeks.[quote]
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by 247notire(m): 12:54am On Oct 13, 2015
StepTwo:
is it that I dont understand the piece?

what I could make is that Nigeria had to compensate them with $10m for failing to keep to their own end of the agreement which arose from Ghanas' own breach of the agreement.

if I understood this very well then Nigeria really needs to be re-colonised.
Take every news you see online these days with a spoon, not even a pinch; of salt
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:30am On Oct 13, 2015
tym92:
anybody with SageM charger pls....
sageM ko Trium ni grin
tym92:
anybody with SageM charger pls....
sageM ko Trium ni
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by deb(m): 5:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Dannyset:
Pay as you go!
Did I just read "$20million is peanut to Nigeria"? Wonderful!

Have we found the $20billion we lost with Allison Diezani and Oga Jonathan? So they know what they are saying. Ordinary $20m

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 13, 2015
The truth is we've not been able to supply gas effectively to ourselves let alone other countries...nigeria is just a mistake...brass lng and the train 7 are all on papers while we lack gas supply both for our consumption and for export...when you talk about a failed state you mention nigeria... angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2015
cut the damn thing off... those ghanians are ingrates.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Dragonking: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Kelklein:
if you go do the Arithmetic now... this money no reach 1 million naira o

modified: ok..people wey sabi maths talk say e pass..I concur.
You don't know anything... 100million Ghana CEDI's is equal to 10billion naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Remmyode(m): 6:05am On Oct 13, 2015
Kelklein:

That's 5.3 Billion naira. Don't underate cedes, it's a lot of money.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by iamord(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2015
JiggamanGh:
Well they didn't follow up with the contract so why should we pay them. Don't they still owe Ghana 10 million for breach of contract.

Pay up Nigeria
pls the whole shot should be cut down. The West Africa gas pipeline is a total flop. Our plant is ready. But now it should be supplying the thermal plants
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Youngzedd(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2015
Kelklein:

About 5bn.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Youngzedd(m): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2015
What are you guys still waiting for?

Cut the damn sh1t off. Ghana OYO.

No free meal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Arcard(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2015
Remmyode:

That's 5.3 Billion naira. Don't underate cedes, it's a lot of money.
taa forget da tin if u re-add d removed zeros ds page no fit contain am, no b weting zimdollar dy Do nw
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by frankzone: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2015
Kelklein:

That's 480 million naira
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by tsdarkside(m): 6:57am On Oct 13, 2015
this is simple...you dont pay,,you dont get the product...its business,,,,you see..i hope ghana dont get angry because of this....its business.....it goes well,dont goes well...hmmmm...who cares...there are more serious matters in this crazy world....
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by bakynes(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2015
I still told one Ghanaian with Moniker called OXYGEN 1 ystdy that Ghana relied on our gas for power supply but he bluffed it off saying they only buy little from us and it's not free but this report states otherwise saying last year we didn't meet up on the agreement so we paid a compensation of 10million dollars and ever since then we supplied Gas to them even in excess of 140MMscf of Gas and they are owing us 100million Gh cedis and we about to cut them off which will worsen their power situation. So to all Ghanaians here stop bragging respect Big brother Nigeria, tell your leaders to travel down to Aso Villa with immediate effect to beg My humble President just maybe we might consider you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by bakynes(m): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2015
I still told one Ghanaian with Moniker called OXYGEN 1 ystdy that Ghana relied on our gas for power supply but he bluffed it off saying, they only buy little from us and it's not free but this report states otherwise saying last year we didn't meet up on the agreement so we paid a compensation of 10million dollars and ever since then we supplied Gas to them even in excess of 140MMscf of Gas and they are owing us 100million Gh cedis and we about to cut them off which will worsen their power situation. So to all Ghanaians here stop bragging, respect Big brother Nigeria, tell your leaders to travel down to Aso Villa with immediate effect to beg my humble President just maybe we might consider you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2015
inicyril:
Naija! Always placing money before the wellbeing of its citizens.

Akwa ibom power plant is currently suffering setback cos the FG doesn't see the need to sign the Gas deal.

The problem with our power sector lies in the over reliance on gas a source of energy, we have neglected other options like Hydro power, wind and solar, Nigeria s gas supply is limited because we dont have the technology to fully trap and utilize it, the distribution of gas is also poor.

Most of these power plants are political power plants, cos they are supposed to be sighted near their source of power just as cement plants are located near limestone areas.

Until we get this right power companies wont get to their full potential.
Piping gas over long distances is expensive as alot has to be invested on the infrastructure security and other wise, we need drone suppoer to monitor the pipes from vandals and sabotage, also need to upgrade the pipe infrastructure, gov can do it alone, it need sto create an enabling environment to encourage real investors to come in. sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by nosiebaba(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2015
inicyril:
Naija! Always placing money before the wellbeing of its citizens.

Akwa ibom power plant is currently suffering setback cos the FG doesn't see the need to sign the Gas deal.
Ghana has started taking gas e Nigeria started full dependence on power plants AND THE CONTRACT HAD BEEN SIGNED THEN. Get your facts right.
GHANA HAS ALWAYS MOCKED US FOR NOT HAVING CONSTANT POWER. NOW THAT THEY CANNOT PAY, THEY SHOULD BE CUT OFF

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by alpha75(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=kevoh post=38925492]

1 Ghanaian Cedi is about 26 cents and about 52 Naira

100 million Ghanaian Cedi? Now do the arithmetic and stop exhibiting ignorance unnecessarily. Whether 52 naira equals to 1 ghanian cedi or not, that does not stop the GDP of Lagos and Portharcourt to be greater than the GDP of the whole of Ghana! So what do u have to say about that?
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by persius555(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2015
Ghana better look for better alternative.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by vislabraye(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2015
Let Ghana pay what they owe..
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by whizidude(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2015
Nawa
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by kevoh(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2015
alpha75:
Whether 52 naira equals to 1 ghanian cedi or not, that does not stop the GDP of Lagos and Portharcourt to be greater than the GDP of the whole of Ghana! So what do u have to say about that?
How does the GDP of Lagos and Port Harcourt relate to you exhibiting your ignorance in full glare of the public that ''100 million Ghana Cedi is a million naira'', does that even make any sense to a sane human being for the total cost of gas supplied to a particular country in a given period? A simple google check would have helped your knowledge.

If Ghana likes let them be the poorest country, it still does not change the fact that you, as at yesterday, confidently and gleefully exposed your ignorance. You should take to corrections and stop making it look like a Ghana vs Nigeria contest, I'm not even ghanian. A full blooded Naija boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by alpha75(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2015
I THINK IS TIME MY PRESIDENT EXTENDS THIS PROBING STUFF TO GHANA, STARTING WITH THEIR MINISTER OF PETROLEOM! SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON THERE. IN SUMMARY, GHANA SHOULD BE PROBED!!!
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by namdo(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2015
100,000,000x52 = N5,200,000,000.00 ie 5.2Billion Naira? Sheeebi Ghana get oyel moni too they outa pay sharp sharp.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by priscillawill(m): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Kanji what? You are retarded. The gas provides less than 15% of ghanas energy. Most of our energy comes from dams in Ghana and others are wind and solar
who told you that, 44.4% that is thrmal plants
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by edogho(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2015
People foolish o, see rubbish e-fight

If we don't do biz with our fellow Africans, who will?
Should d Ghanaians go to Europe for a gas their sister country has? n not like Nigeria is even using d gas

Europeans trade with themselves first before allowing others in, same with the Asians...

Africans, when will u guys wake up that u're hurting the mother land?

Next, some bastard will quote me and say more nonsense, I av my weapon-IGNORE

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Captainswag225(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2015
edogho:
People foolish o, see rubbish e-fight

If we don't do biz with our fellow Africans, who will?
Should d Ghanaians go to Europe for a gas their sister country has? n not like Nigeria is even using d gas

Europeans trade with themselves first before allowing others in, same with the Asians...

Africans, when will u guys wake up that u're hurting the mother land?

Next, some bastard will quote me and say more nonsense, I av my weapon-IGNORE
u have said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Reconciliation: Bola Tinubu, Tambuwal And Wamakko Meet (Photos) / FG Has Procured Six High-Tech Hilux Vehicles To Safeguard Rail Lines - Amaechi / Nigerian Medical Association Invites Tinubu, Obi, Atiku & Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.