Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (28008 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Kastonkastroll(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
chuna1985:

If u want to witness first hand tribalism, go to Yoruba land.

We won those assembly seats fair n square.
but yorubaland is not your land now Why don't Jude head back to imo state were he wont hear any Yoruba language? grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You are lucky that happened before Oba Akiolu instructed your Ezes about the Lagoon....if it had happened.after their proper drop off would have been in the Lagoon, not in Onitsha.

Bloody freaks!

You are the Mayor of Lagos - on Nairaland.

So enjoy your folly.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Ilekeh(f): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Yoruba language is tonal. I'd rather just leave it alone till I'm in a place where folks speak it properly and build from there, than force it. I do speak a little bit but it's never going to be real. It's just like the way British Jamaicans and New York/Miami Jamaicans speak Patois. It's not the same way as proper Jamaicans from the Island speak it.

I understand the culture perfectly - that's what counts.

K. (lol)
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You are lucky that happened before Oba Akiolu instructed your Ezes about the Lagoon....if it had happened.after their proper drop off would have been in the Lagoon, not in Onitsha.

Bloody freaks!

Silly rants!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I honestly don't know if you're feigning ignorance or it's basically just the typical vacuous exhibition of arrogance, non-existent sense of entitlement, and emotional impulses that override logical reasoning - hence you keep citing non-applicable references out of context to buttress a non-existence point.

1). When was Lagos state ever conquered and who conquered it? Epe all the way to the other side of Lagos Island and Ikorodu have always been under Ijebu Kingdom and they were only seceded to the colonists under an agreement after the Anglo-Ijebu war...but they remain Ijebuland. The Bini ruled Eko (Lagos Island) for a while but after they left the Aworis took back their land. Badagry was Dahomey territory and since Oyo ruled Dahomey for a long time - it was under Oyo. Oyos founded Ikoyi. Ijeshas and Ekitis founded where the Brits built rail terminals in Lagos (Can't remember the name of the place - someone please help me lol). Egbas own certain areas in Lagos. And Aworis own the rest. All these are Yoruba subgroups - so who conquered Lagos?

Or are you saying Igbos have conquered Lagos now? If so, how come you have only one rep member out of the gazillion of rep members in the house? How come the state has a Yoruba governor and the governance of the state is done by only Yorubas? Why is everything, from language, to culture, to tradition, to kingship etc. in Lagos quintessentially Yoruba? You sound more delusional than I initially thought. A conqueror wouldn't be crying about the language of the conquered in the house of assembly - he would change the language. Perhaps, the bigoted and crying lone-ranger should that - rather than cry everywhere. Agree?

And no, London allowed different folks into the city - so as to keep the heritage and culture alive. Hence the primary thing about being a Londoner is how well you've assimilated into the British culture/way-of-life. If you can't assimilate into what London represents - you need to get the fvck out. You can't force your own opinions on a next person's territory. A couple of Scottish MPs have represented different consistuents in London - and they never complained about the use of English language in an English city. Get with it, or get the fvck out, period.

If indigenous people do not build or develop a city - who built and developed Lagos? Who built and developed London, Paris, Budapest, Tehran, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Abeokuta, Ibadan etc.? Aliens, yes?

2). Igbos have a "strong" representation in the economic sphere of Lagos (this is disputable based on what real economics of a cosmopolitan city is - but I'll agree with you for argument sake) - but how does that make Lagos a conquered city owned and controlled by Igbos.

As for the other tosh you spouted here - I'll just ignore the emotional outburst. That has no bearing on the discourse.

The terminus is at Ido, a sub district of Oto, which is owned by Oloto, the child of Olofin, the migrant from Ile Ife and owner of Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Kagawa10: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

Don't you think you're the bigot who's lamenting in this case and even maligning the Igbo Lagos Assembly member who displayed great wisdom and tact while answering the questions posed to him?

Go through the interview and see for yourself so you can cease displaying your vacuous arrogance and conceited ego online.

There's nothing covetous in anyone acquiring landed properties that were freely sold in the market in any place on earth.

Covetousness is even the other way round and your greedy Yoruba folks are the culprits. [B]You don't expect an Igbo man who was sold lands at hundreds of millions of Naira per plot not to exercise his rights as the due landlord[/b]. In fact it's criminal and punishable with lengthy jail terms for any Yoruba man to ever think he can dispossess the Igbo man of his assets in Lagos. That can only be possible in medieval times, and it's a wishful thinking and suicidal in this modern age.

There is no law on this earth that prohibits free movement of people, acquiring properties and participation in government. It takes a man of courage to venture into an unknown terrain and conquer it. This is the true character of the ever industrious and peace-loving Great Igbo Nation.

As of today it would be an understatement to aver that Igbos control 50% of the economy of Lagos and its environs.

Advise your Yorubas folks to stop lazing around and depending on the crude oil wealth from another's backyard. Tell them to travel out and see what the future holds in other places and climes. And nothing on this earth stops you from hustling and buying up properties in the South-East.

If Yorubas can grow thick skins then they are capable of surviving and competing favourably across the Niger. They should venture into remote areas of the North, Middle-belt and South-South zones to invest, build houses and establish business empires as the Igbos do. There's nothing stopping them except them!

Cease from being short-sighted and wallowing in the ocean of tribalism. You end up dissipating your energy in hating and being envious of goal-getters and achievers - the Great Igbo Nation who have made life meaningful for you and your folks in Lagos and its environs.
Lands are leased, not sold!
Get that straight, copy and paste dullard!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:
Lands are leased, not sold!
Get that straight, copy and paste dullard!

Scallywag, when you're done with your online chest-beating venture into the streets of Lagos and carry out your numerous, now deafening e-threats...
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by zimoni(f): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
What an interesting thread.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simplycarro: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

Scallywag, when you're done with your online chest-beating venture into the streets of Lagos and carry out your numerous, now deafening e-threats...
Shat da feckk up! He just told you the reality, that you only leased, you can't buy land, except probably in your village hamlets. grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
simplycarro:

Shat da feckk up! He just told you the reality, that you only leased, you can't buy land, except probably in your village hamlets. grin cheesy

Brainless agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawker, you and your fellow clowns cannot try such stupidity with the Great Igbo Nation...
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I honestly don't know if you're feigning ignorance or it's basically just the typical vacuous exhibition of arrogance, non-existent sense of entitlement, and emotional impulses that override logical reasoning - hence you keep citing non-applicable references out of context to buttress a non-existence point.

1). When was Lagos state ever conquered and who conquered it? Epe all the way to the other side of Lagos Island and Ikorodu have always been under Ijebu Kingdom and they were only seceded to the colonists under an agreement after the Anglo-Ijebu war...but they remain Ijebuland. The Bini ruled Eko (Lagos Island) for a while but after they left the Aworis took back their land. Badagry was Dahomey territory and since Oyo ruled Dahomey for a long time - it was under Oyo. Oyos founded Ikoyi. Ijeshas and Ekitis founded where the Brits built rail terminals in Lagos (Can't remember the name of the place - someone please help me lol). Egbas own certain areas in Lagos. And Aworis own the rest. All these are Yoruba subgroups - so who conquered Lagos?

Or are you saying Igbos have conquered Lagos now? If so, how come you have only one rep member out of the gazillion of rep members in the house? How come the state has a Yoruba governor and the governance of the state is done by only Yorubas? Why is everything, from language, to culture, to tradition, to kingship etc. in Lagos quintessentially Yoruba? You sound more delusionally than I initially thought. A conqueror wouldn't be crying about the language of the conquered in the house of assembly - he would change the language. Perhaps, the bigoted and crying lone-ranger should that - rather than cry everywhere. Agree?

And no, London allowed different folks into the city - so as to keep the heritage and culture alive. Hence the primary thing about being a Londoner is how well you've assimilated into the British culture/way-of-life. If you can't assimilate into what London represents - you need to get the fvck out. You can't force your own opinions on a next person's territory. A couple of Scottish MPs have represented different consistuents in London - and they never complained about the use of English language in an English city. Get with it, or get the fvck out, period.

If indigenous people do not build or develop a city - who built and developed Lagos? Who built and developed London, Paris, Budapest, Tehran, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Abeokuta, Ibadan etc.? Aliens, yes?

2). Igbos have a "strong" representation in the economic sphere of Lagos (this is disputable based on what real economics of a cosmopolitan city is - but I'll agree with you for argument sake) - but how does that make Lagos a conquered city owned and controlled by Igbos.

As for the other tosh you spouted here - I'll just ignore the emotional outburst. That has no bearing on the discourse.

Sup Shymexx

I've been scaling through all your comments with that guy for long. Truth is, he won't crack a bit to accept the reality that Ibos and their relevance in Lagos is a mirage, just like his fellow kinsmen. Though he is making good points about the need for Yorubas to be more open as democracy dictates, he at the same time is doing a very poor job of hiding his bias by not accepting that "the majority makes the call". He failed to understand and accept that be it the "owners" or the "occupiers", the majority is what determines democracy, not the other way round.

A simple question to him will be if we are agree with the dictates of democracy, and Yorubas institute laws that locks out non-natives of SW from certain political positions in Yoruba States through their power of the majority rule, are they still right or wrong?.... I remembered the last time I threw this question to one of the sensible Igbos, all of a sudden, our once sensible and constructive arguments turned sour. Next thing, this pazzo went nuts and starting raining insults when he couldn't keep up. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simplycarro: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

[s]Brainless agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawker, you and your fellow clowns cannot try such stupidity with the Great Igbo Nation..[/s].

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I find your rants rather amusing. I always imagined you with red eyes while typing out these your angered words.
Most of don't even have the CofO, leaving you at the mercies of the Omo-Oniles. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simplycarro: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

[s]Brainless agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawker, you and your fellow clowns cannot try such stupidity with the Great Igbo Nation..[/s].

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I find your rants rather amusing. I always imagined you with red eyes while typing out these your angered words.
Most of you Igbos don't even have the CofO, leaving you at the mercies of the Omo-Oniles. grin
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
simplycarro:
simplycarro, the brainless agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawker, you and your fellow Yorrobber clowns cannot try such stupidity with the Great Igbo Nation...
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Or are you saying Igbos have conquered Lagos now? If so, how come you have only one rep member out of the gazillion of rep members in the house? How come the state has a Yoruba governor and the governance of the state is done by only Yorubas? Why is everything, from language, to culture, to tradition, to kingship etc. in Lagos quintessentially Yoruba? You sound more delusional than I initially thought. A conqueror wouldn't be crying about the language of the conquered in the house of assembly - he would change the language. Perhaps, the bigoted and crying lone-ranger should that - rather than cry everywhere. Agree?

You are a case of one who writes epistle without going straight to the point. You claim to be 'intelligent' but don't let it becloud sound reasoning and judgement. I never asked you about the chronological history of Lagos as it is irrelevant to our discussion - well thanks for enlightening me. You should open your eyes when reading from me. I'll repeat it: it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies and control it. If the Egbas like, they can be the aboriginal owners of Onitsha but today, the Igbos control it. That is what matters. So any reference to it should not whip up unnecessary sentiments but merely academic exercises.

The Egbas, Aworis, Ijebus, Ekitis and co can lay claim to the ownership of Lagos for all I care. That's for an academic exercise to you and probably your comrades who spill bile.

It is laughable for you to ask who built Lagos. It appears you are deficient in that area. Whenever you take the trip down here, you'll answer that question yourself. As for London, Paris and the rest of Europe, the coveted history you so revere is actually 'twerking' against you.

For the last time - and probably my last response to you because you seem to have a problem of not properly reading through comments before jumping to respond - I have never talked about the conquest of Lagos by the Igbos. I have and still maintained that those who contribute significantly towards the success of your community must be represented.

And lastly, you missed my point about London. London opens it doors to all and sundry - for the charm, for economic and social development, for the history and heritage. But it is also inevitable that man has a nature to conquer and you have to work towards avoiding that. So one way of allowing the threat to your survival is by allowing those who contribute significantly to the progress of your community a representation in Government, in the grand scheme of things. That is why London is thriving today - not the glamour, glitz, culture and heritage. So when you read and study history, pay attention to the substance. That is why the people are asking for a representation in government from the Royals - from Saudi Arabia, to the UK, to Spain.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
StBlack1:

Sup Shymexx

I've been scaling through all your comments with that guy for long. Truth is, he won't crack a bit to accept the reality that Ibos and their relevance in Lagos is a mirage, just like his fellow kinsmen. Though he is making good points about the need for Yorubas to be more open as democracy dictates, he at the same time is doing a very poor job of hiding his bias by not accepting that "the majority makes the call". He failed to understand and accept that be it the "owners" or the "occupiers", the majority is what determines democracy, not the other way round.

A simple question to him will be if we are agree with the dictates of democracy, and Yorubas institute laws that locks out non-natives of SW from certain political positions in Yoruba States through their power of the majority rule, are they still right or wrong?.... I remembered the last time I threw this question to one of the sensible Igbos, all of a sudden, our once sensible and constructive arguments turned sour. Next thing, this pazzo went nuts and starting raining insults when he couldn't keep up. cheesy

You are funny and biased too.

On the question of if there's a relevance of Igbos in Lagos, I'll leave that for another day.

I will restate it again. It doesn't matter who owns a community but who occupies it. But simple logic, devoid of biased reasoning will tell you that the occupiers (in their numbers) determine who controls the city.

If we agree to the dictates of democracy and even in a state like Ogun and somehow, the majority of the House are of the Igbo stock, how will you feel as a Yoruba when laws are made to exclude you? The answer you provide will be give insight to your last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Missy89(f): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

kaboninc slayer cool

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

You are funny and biased too.

(1)On the question of if there's a relevance of Igbos in Lagos, I'll leave that for another day.

(2)I will restate it again. It doesn't matter who owns a community but who occupies it. But simple logic, devoid of biased reasoning will tell you that the occupiers (in their numbers) determine who controls the city.

(3)If we agree to the dictates of democracy and even in a state like Ogun and somehow, the majority of the House are of the Igbo stock, how will you feel as a Yoruba when laws are made to exclude you? The answer you provide will be give insight to your last paragraph.

(1) In as much as I won't talk much on this before others, the best way to determine who really moves the economy of Lagos is by a simple research into what sectors of the economy drives Lagos activities. Ibos are traders and we all know how little Lagos is driven by the trading sector.

(2) Looks like Shymexx hasn't yet gotten you hard enough but I'll ensure I do. Please do answer these questions in your next response :

- Who are the occupiers in Lagos if you say it doesn't matter who owns a place but who occupies it?

-Then who are the majority of the occupiers in Lagos? Is it Yorubas or Ibos or Hausas or who?

-Then who are the "occupiers in their numbers (aka majority) that control or 'should' control Lagos?

(3) A 10-year old will be surprised and disappointed with these contribution of yours. I thought you said you'd prefer 'sound reasoning' to suit this argument. Can you please justify how sound you are by claiming Ibos are majority in Lagos or even the supposedly Ogun State?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

The terminus is at Ido, a sub district of Oto, which is owned by Oloto, the child of Olofin, the migrant from Ile Ife and owner of Lagos.

Thanks, Sir.

The encyclopedia of Lagos history. I'm one of the sons you raised under the enigmatic old handle and I shall forever remain grateful to you and the other Yoruba greats on this forum.

Salute.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
StBlack1:

Sup Shymexx

I hear that.

But you just have to keep educating these ignorant folks to save them from themselves and help them before they self-destruct. The Lagos issue might end up being what will finally consume them.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

You are a case of one who writes epistle without going straight to the point. You claim to be 'intelligent' but don't let it becloud sound reasoning and judgement. I never asked you about the chronological history of Lagos as it is irrelevant to our discussion - well thanks for enlightening me. You should open your eyes when reading from me. I'll repeat it: it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies and control it. If the Egbas like, they can be the aboriginal owners of Onitsha but today, the Igbos control it. That is what matters. So any reference to it should not whip up unnecessary sentiments but merely academic exercises.

The Egbas, Aworis, Ijebus, Ekitis and co can lay claim to the ownership of Lagos for all I care. That's for an academic exercise to you and probably your comrades who spill bile.

It is laughable for you to ask who built Lagos. It appears you are deficient in that area. Whenever you take the trip down here, you'll answer that question yourself. As for London, Paris and the rest of Europe, the coveted history you so revere is actually 'twerking' against you.

For the last time - and probably my last response to you because you seem to have a problem of not properly reading through comments before jumping to respond - I have never talked about the conquest of Lagos by the Igbos. I have and still maintained that those who contribute significantly towards the success of your community must be represented.

And lastly, you missed my point about London. London opens it doors to all and sundry - for the charm, for economic and social development, for the history and heritage. But it is also inevitable that man has a nature to conquer and you have to work towards avoiding that. So one way of allowing the threat to your survival is by allowing those who contribute significantly to the progress of your community a representation in Government, in the grand scheme of things. That is why London is thriving today - not the glamour, glitz, culture and heritage. So when you read and study history, pay attention to the substance. That is why the people are asking for a representation in government from the Royals - from Saudi Arabia, to the UK, to Spain.

Lmao @ epistles. I'm just educating you because you sound ridiculously clueless/ignorant and half-baked. And it's a tough job trying to educate a kid who says a lot without saying anything - and uses different types of disjointed references to make a point that doesn't exist. Evidently, when dealing with someone from that space - you'll to break it down properly and explain in details. That's what I'm doing here - a service to humanity.

1). I explained the history of the place to you cos you keep spouting historical references of conquerors and conquered territories and it's my responsibility to tell you the chronological history of the place - to show you that it has never been conquered. And that the examples you cited have no correlation whatsoever with the place. The onus is now on you to stop referencing inconsequential conquered territories and conquerors...and stick to the point.

And who controls Lagos? So, what's the basis of your argument, if the Igbos don't control anything in Lagos - and that's evident in the fact that there's nothing Igbo about Lagos - not even the house of assembly? Can you see how arrogantly clueless you sound?

2). Egbas, Aworis, Ijebus, Ekitis et al don't need to be vocal about their claim - it's evident in Lagos, since the place is quintessentially Yoruba.

3). How about tell us who built a Lagos that existed and was cosmopolitan way before there was a Nigeria? Who built it? Aliens? When you keep repeating "own", "control", and "conquered" like it's not evident that Yorubas own and control Lagos, and the place has never been conquered: it's only right that I ask you if you believe Igbos in grandiose delusions own, control, and conquered Lagos - or planning to do so. And perhaps, English usage isn't ya forte and you don't know words carry deeper meanings in context of an argument/discourse, no?

4). I never argued against the representation of those who contributed towards the success of a community. However, I do the representation has to start with proper assimilation and it also has to be symbiotic. You can't force your own opinions/culture on a place that existed way before you get there - you assimilate into it and help in the progress of the place - or get out of there. They never begged you to go there in the first place and when you're long gone the place would still be there.

5). London opened its doors to all and sundry when they needed cheap labour. However, one thing London never compromised and will never compromise is the history, tradition, culture, and heritage of the place. That's what makes London unique. Hence whoever moves to London always have to assimilate into the London way of life. The pride of London is its history and heritage - and that's why it's one of the biggest tourist cities on the planet. In London, you have to speak in English cos it's England (English land) and everything is done based on British culture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missy89:

kaboninc slayer cool

The guy just sounds like an educated illiterate. Copying and pasting all kinds of disjointed historical references with non-existent ownership and conquest. A lot of these folks are just delusional.

I can't believe they folks think they own, control, and conquered Lagos - bwahahahahahaha.

Conqueror that owns nothing significant, not even the smallest representation of his culture in a conquered territory. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Where the hell is Kaboninc?....

You are yet to defend my questions. cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

Brainless agbo ópá èyín and şépè hawker, you and your fellow clowns cannot try such stupidity with the Great Igbo Nation...

The what Nation

Igalas are beheading you and sacking you from your communities, Fulani is coming behind them....dont vex Yoruba to.follow in after Fulani we will demolish everything that moves ....and even things that dont move!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bakynes(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
@ shymexx Thank you my brother, my fellow Londoner and Yoruba citizen. I have told igbos severally that, the Lagos they say is owned by the Binis was Lagos island and it was reclaimed by the aworis when the Binis left.I told them aside Lagos island all other lands in Lagos is owned by Ijebus, aworis etc. even though I didn't explain it in details like you did, thanks for educating us further. We must open our eyes and be vigilante to the threat from this people(igbos). I even used the Yoruba and Indian MPs in London as an example, does it mean because of them they will start speaking Yoruba or whatever language they speak in Indian.
Now if they say igbos has a 40% Population in Lagos, so the Yorubas who own Lagos are a minorities in Lagos then because we have a sizeable population of Hausas, Binis, Ijaw, Calabar etc in Lagos so Yorubas and the rest of other tribes share the rest of the 60% Population. I laugh out so loud. grin.

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develops a place or the various igbo traders?
Lets just leave them alone, they have opened our eyes and now we shouldn't sleep with our two eyes closed.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bakynes(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
@ shymexx Thank you my brother, my fellow Londoner and Yoruba citizen. I have told igbos severally that, the Lagos they say is owned by the Binis was Lagos island and it was reclaimed by the aworis when the Binis left.I told them aside Lagos island all other lands in Lagos is owned by Ijebus, aworis etc. even though I didn't explain it in details like you did, thanks for educating us further. We must open our eyes and be vigilante to the threat from this people(igbos). I even used the Yoruba and Indian MPs in London as an example, does it mean because of them they will start speaking Yoruba or whatever language they speak in Indian.

Now if they say igbos has a 40% Population in Lagos, so the Yorubas who own Lagos are a minorities in Lagos then because we have a sizeable population of Hausas, Binis, Ijaw, Calabar etc in Lagos so Yorubas and the rest of other tribes share the rest of the 60% Population. I laugh out so loud. grin.

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develop a place or the various igbo traders?
Lets just leave them alone, they have opened our eyes and now we shouldn't sleep with our two eyes closed.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

The guy just sounds like an educated illiterate. Copying and pasting all kinds of disjointed historical references with non-existent ownership and conquest. A lot of these folks are just delusional.

I can't believe they folks think they own, control, and conquered Lagos - bwahahahahahaha.

Conqueror that owns nothing significant, not even the smallest representation of his culture in a conquered territory. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Duke,
There are thousands of Ibos in Lagos whose kins back in village are misled to believe they are in London. This is a fact!

They have a well developed mind and elaborate skills in creating, packaging and delivering deceptions and things generally apathy to truth. Hence they excel in manufacturing and selling fake products and convincing their customers that the product is the best anywhere. This is their gift and no one can beat Ibo in the act of deception and mistruth.

So they represent to their people back home, with pictures, that mansions in Lekki and Ikoyi and Ikeja and high end residential areas of Lagos are owned by Ibos. Picture speaks more than words. The villagers are sold on the lies and they in turn startbrumors that their sons own mansions in Lagos. When it passes to the next village the story has been embellished to include all of Lagos. So new refugees leaving village to Lagos come with the impression of Ibos own Lagos.

When you have someone like Jude, allowed by Yorubas, to win a seat in the Lagos assembly and its published in papers and is taken to village for them to see and read, tell me, my brother, how anyone in alaibo, even if they were doubters before, will not now believe that Ibo is the true owner of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by macof(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
Antivirus92:
hey Igboman....are u Yoruba today?
hahahaha

You are very stupid
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Everytime there is discussion on Yoruba culture and indigenity you Ibos throw an American example to whitewash legitimacy of the points in favor to native rights. Yorubaland is not America and will never be America. There is no validity to Ibo's population in Lagos any other way than to look at election results and voting patterns. There is no way you are 40% in Lagos and APC had a landslide victory in the State at all levels. It is mathematically and statistically impossible.....the only area the number has validity is in the minds of propagandists.

As a Lagos indigene myself my hatred for Ibos knows no bounds, simply because traditionally our motto is Eko for Show....Eko is the land of fancy and merriment, you make your money, live a good life and uplift the community. Since Ibo started smelling itself in Lagos the Show in Eko has dissapeared, what we have now is Eko for Conflict! Every news, every topic, every issue about Lagos Ibo wants to dominate and when you are denied space you turn it into conflict....your Ohanaeze gets involved, your Ezes get involved, you run to social media and insult and denigrate Yoruba culture, its leaders and even the land.

We do not owe you anything.....Iboland owe you a Yoruba free assembly, Yorubaland does not.

I want you also to pay attention to emerging issues in the Nation. Hausas in the North are tired of you and your ignomity in their region and everytime the issue of separation comes up from anywhere they oppose it but when issue of regionalism comes up they are silent.
Yorubas have been agitating for regionalism as a first option and secessiin as a last resort.
Ibos do not ask for regionalism at all, you are focused on either a continous centralized power or a secession.

Even today in ministerial screening we got hints first, of Ibo's sourness and reference back to a transparent action in which every ethnic group was affected by Fsshola's deportation saga, the fact an Ibo senator will challenge that more than a year after a court threw it out speaks volume of your bitterness, hatred and long throat. Second, Fashola introduced into the minds of Senators that decentralisation will be an agenda of the current administration. In fact two Emirs in the North have joined the chorus of Yorubas and begged Buhari to implement the Confab report of 2014.

Regionalism will shift our political center in Yorubaland back to Ibadan. Policies will be drafted by representatives from each of the Yoruba Commonwealth and business in Lagos will no longer be as usual.

Yorubaland has never in its history regretted welcoming others on its soil and providing refuge and solace for their troubles....for first time in our land and history every Yoruba regrets having Ibo on its soil.

Shame and death on Ibos!

By fire By force our land must be rid of this people. I support your views 100 % shame and damnation to the bloody Igbos. Anyone saying this conflict is not going on the street is living in fools paradise.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
StBlack1:
Where the hell is Kaboninc?....

You are yet to defend my questions. cheesy cheesy

Lol.

Which questions sir?
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
bakynes:

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develop a place or the various igbo traders?

Bini never owned Lagos. Bini owned a throne that ruled Eko (Lagos Island). British never owned Lagos, they owned a Crown that ruled Lagos.

In the tussle for occupation and colonization of Lagos the Idejo Chiefs refused to sign papers ceding their land to Britain and chastised Dosunmu for signing their land over to whiteman. The Chiefs refused to cooperate and the Crown redrafted the contract of the Treaty of Lagos and officially recognized the Idejos as Land Barons.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Duke,
There are thousands of Ibos in Lagos whose kins back in village are misled to believe they are in London. This is a fact!

They have a well developed mind and elaborate skills in creating, packaging and delivering deceptions and things generally apathy to truth. Hence they excel in manufacturing and selling fake products and convincing their customers that the product is the best anywhere. This is their gift and no one can beat Ibo in the act of deception and mistruth.

So they represent to their people back home, with pictures, that mansions in Lekki and Ikoyi and Ikeja and high end residential areas of Lagos are owned by Ibos. Picture speaks more than words. The villagers are sold on the lies and they in turn startbrumors that their sons own mansions in Lagos. When it passes to the next village the story has been embellished to include all of Lagos. So new refugees leaving village to Lagos come with the impression of Ibos own Lagos.

When you have someone like Jude, allowed by Yorubas, to win a seat in the Lagos assembly and its published in papers and is taken to village for them to see and read, tell me, my brother, how anyone in alaibo, even if they were doubters before, will not now believe that Ibo is the true owner of Lagos.

Bwahahahahaha. grin

I guess that's why they can't let go and just be decent folks living and thriving on a next man's ancestral land...and the concept of mutual respect and territorial integrity is foreign to them.

It's basically like a lot of Igbos I've met. Every time I ask them where they're from - they'll start saying Lagos, like WTF? I just laugh inside cos I can't let folks know that I know a lot about Nigeria. Yorubas always claim where they're from in Nigeria but only the Igbos always claim Lagos. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Abia Tribunal Annuls Election Of Emeka Nnamani, Bars APGA From Re-run / Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki, Others Under Surveillance, Their Phones Hacked – APC / Aminu Sambo Kidnapped In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.