Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (28015 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2015
ibedun:

You are the one who is crazy. Even in the western world the racism and exclusion of non whites particularly black continues to this day. Despite being there for centuries.

Yes let me spell it out to you, I hate Igbos. I do without hesitation. This is not blind hathred but because of their negative and hateful orientation towards my meek and good Yoruba people. I don't roll with my enemy.

Lol. Why are you wasting your time on Myndd? The guy is your typical deceitful, treacherous, chameleon-esque and two-faced Yoruba guy folks need to run from cos folks like him will laugh in ya face - and end up stabbing you at the back. Just look at how inconsistent all his posts on this thread are - from the first one, to the last. He knows the truth...and covered it indirectly with sarcasm on his first post. Then afterwards, he decided to play to the gallery and get PC - just to mask it, so as to sound pseudo-enlightened/sophisticated. he isn't fooling no one but himself. Deep inside him, he knows you're right but his stupidity and cowardice won't let him side with you in public. At least, you said it as it's and sensible Igbos need to laud you for speaking your mind - with no chaser.

The real bigot and tribalist here is the clown who has lived in a place long enough to contest an election and feel comfortable enough to marry into the ethnic group. Only a bigot won't assimilate and it's obvious the guy is a bigot.

So basically cos a lone-ranger found himself in a place that has a custom and has been conducting business a certain way, due to the history/culture/tradition of the place - everyone has to change and start pandering to his pompous entitlement and bigotry, no? This is why a lot of folks will never like an Igbo. These folks are some of the most terrible, selfish, arrogant, and stupid people I've ever seen.

I honestly don't know what a city being cosmopolitan has to do with the culture/tradition of a place. The Welsh Parliament conducts whatever they do in both English and Welsh (and I believe Cardiff is a cosmopolitan city) - that would amount to Scot and Irish MPs who won elections there telling them to stop speaking Welsh and start speaking only the English language. And vice versa for Irish and Scottish Parliaments.

This guy is a clown...this is what happens when you allow a sewage rat to take advantage of your meekness and docility. Effing bigot.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Jascon4: 10:41am On Oct 14, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Typical of teenage nairalanders, getting Insulting when they've no message to pass...

I'm not one of your kind... have a good day!

Now that's some maturity.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Please take note of the numbers. I took the liberty of numbering you post into points(I hope you dont mind)

1. If tomorrow, the house of assembly is dominated by non-Yoruba speaking folks, the thought to change it depends on the majority in the house. Kano is also cosmopolitan and I doubt you or anyone will want to care if they decide to speak Hausa on Mondays in the house of assembly. These things happen

2. You are countering yourself here. You said it should/can only in places where a specific people have a domineering presence in tradition and culture but guess what? There is a domineering presence in Lagos. This is a state shared by the Aworis, Ijebus and the Eguns. Forget those Lagos Island people, they just love noise making grin. They have been there longer than anyone wants to admit. This is why a Governor (Jakande or so) mandated that the 7 O'Clock news be read in English, Yoruba and Egun in the old NTA channel 7 and LTV. I dont know if that is still done. A city can be cosmopolitan but then it also should recognize that the city was built on some indigenous people and language, cultural festivals and religion is part of honor and preservation of these things

3. Have you heard an Egun man talk? Heard an Ijebu (I doubt I need to remind you that Ijebu land is not restricted to Ogun state) talk or an Awori? The language is also deep but because of integration, these dialects are pushed down for use amongst themselves. The use of Yoruba for the honor of the indigenous language and it is beautiful but if they want to vote that it be removed, cool.

You did not answer the question I posed. Lagos (not Kano) is very cosmopolitan. It doesn't matter who owns a city, but who occupies it. That it why in history, there has always been very strong interest in who 'occupies' a city. For example, today's America used to be occupied by the Red Indians. They are known as the natives. But today, what is the anthropological spread of the American State? What is the percentage of the Native Americans? The Normans conquered Great Britain and till this very day, the royals of the British Kingdom have a trace of the Vikings in their genes. So coming to Lagos, the Igbos have a very strong representation in the city (which is more than 40% - a conservative estimate) and contribute significantly to the commercial and economic activities in the City. Now they have a representation in Government. I understand that the Yoruba folks might want to maintain their cultural heritage but doing so in the Legislative house, where every one has an 'equal' opportunity for a say, and considering that we are diverse in form and substance, it is not good for us. They can have that in the mainstream media, communicating to the public as they desire to achieve a wider reach and audience but not in the House. So if I don't understand Yoruba, and you make it the official language for a particular day, don't you think you are depriving me of something?

I have no problem with traditions, cultures and heritage. In fact, I cherish it and it is one of my motivating factor for wanting to travel and explore. I love to see other people from other culture and naturally take a liking for them. However, for ease of communication, for the benefit of understanding, for forging mutual alliance and strengthening cooperation, the barrier of language must be broken. If by speaking Yoruba we have issues communicating, don't you think it is better for us to speak a language that is very common to both of us?

I can learn your language but should not be out of the fear of mutual distrust and suspicion. But for the sake of my pleasure.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 11:11am On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

So basically cos a lone-ranger found himself in a place that has a custom and has been conducting business a certain way, due to the history/culture/tradition of the place - everyone has to change and start pandering to his pompous entitlement and bigotry, no? This is why a lot of folks will never like an Igbo. These folks are some of the most terrible, selfish, arrogant, and stupid people I've ever seen.

That phrase applies to all ethnic groups and not the exclusive preserve of the Igbos.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Antivirus92(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2015
macof:
I thought these noisemakers said lagos state is no man's land? When will igbo language replace yoruba language in the house assembly?

hey Igboman....are u Yoruba today?
hahahaha
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2015
ibedun:

You are the one who is crazy. Even in the western world the racism and exclusion of non whites particularly black continues to this day. Despite being there for centuries.

Yes let me spell it out to you, I hate Igbos. I do without hesitation. This is not blind hathred but because of their negative and hateful orientation towards my meek and good Yoruba people. I don't roll with my enemy.

I do not really engage in discussions like this. But still, your opinion, your experience, your hatred.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by chaze07(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2015
What do he expect,the majority is yoruba the language must be used.

Though I love his Gut,this kind of people can even rule the Country Successfully because standing in this kind of thing isn't easy, he should just and Cope since he has a yoruba as wife.....
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 11:32am On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

You did not answer the question I posed. Lagos (not Kano) is very cosmopolitan. It doesn't matter who owns a city, but who occupies it. That it why in history, there has always been very strong interest in who 'occupies' a city. For example, today's America used to be occupied by the Red Indians. They are known as the natives. But today, what is the anthropological spread of the American State? What is the percentage of the Native Americans? The Normans conquered Great Britain and till this very day, the royals of the British Kingdom have a trace of the Vikings in their genes. So coming to Lagos, the Igbos have a very strong representation in the city (which is more than 40% - a conservative estimate) and contribute significantly to the commercial and economic activities in the City. Now they have a representation in Government. I understand that the Yoruba folks might want to maintain their cultural heritage but doing so in the Legislative house, where every one has an 'equal' opportunity for a say, and considering that we are diverse in form and substance, it is not good for us. They can have that in the mainstream media, communicating to the public as they desire to achieve a wider reach and audience but not in the House. So if I don't understand Yoruba, and you make it the official language for a particular day, don't you think you are depriving me of something?

Lol.

I'm not interested in any back and forth debate about Lagos with you. However, I only quoted you to make corrections to your post cos it seems you don't really know much about, hence you made references to different historical citations from other climes, in wrong contexts. And almost everything have no correlation whatsoever with Lagos.

1). The story of "Native Americans" and those from Lagos have no correlation whatsoever. The Indian tribes who used to live in today's America were conquered and the conquerors created their own country on a conquered territory. Lagos State isn't a conquered territory albeit you can make an argument for a small portion of it - Eko/Lagos Island - as being conquered by Bini. However, all the other parts of Lagos were never conquered by anyone and the natives who founded those places are still the ones who own them. So no correlation whatsoever.

2). Normans never conquered Great Britain. Great Britain includes: England, Scotland and Wales. The Normans only conquered England and Wales. Scotland was never conquered by the Normans. And the Welsh maintained their heritage after the conquest, hence they still speak a unique language and they're still predominantly Celts - just as their Irish and Scottish cousins. Though there's an admixture of ancient Bretons.

England is a different kettle of fish entirely. And the reason why you can't use England is because all those who conquered England - from the Normans (Normans and Vikings are basically the same people), to the Jutes, to the Saxons, to the Angles - are all from the same ethnic group. They're all Germanic people. And these are the folks who make-up the English nation - same people. Also, the British Royal family is of German ancestry and also Germanic. So I don't know why you had to emphasise the Viking blood, since it has no relevance here.

And what's the point of the pseudo-history, anyway? Just debate the topic with the guy you're debating with by using modern cosmopolitan cities as references - rather than re-writing history and applying it in wrong contexts.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by nairaminds(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"the sophisticated people got so many evil characters, they're snitch, back-stabbers, back-bitters, tribalistic, and so on. They like behaving like slaves".
they are tribalistic bt they allow3d another tribe into their assembly.... even ur tribe cnt do dat mehn..
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

That phrase applies to all ethnic groups and not the exclusive preserve of the Igbos.

I agree that no one is perfect and our imperfection is what makes us human. But I seldom see others exhibit those traits the same way Igbos do. Why?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by nairaminds(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2015
jmoore:
Jude Idimogu, carry on. Nothing do you joor. Enjoy the dividends of one Nigeria The online warriors can hug the transformer in our street [ Light dey] grin

light wey yorubas work hard to make am realistic by voting out GEJ
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by chaze07(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
coolitempa:

For far too long we have endured all sorts of abuse from these people.... cheesy.....we have bent over backwards....... cheesy.....accommodated them...sheltered them.....given them an even playing ground on all....it has never been enough. What do we get back Nothing but lies upon lies upon lies... cheesy...now we know there is nothing we can ever do or change other than chasing them out of our lands....when we succeed in helping them get Biafra.....we can then form a relationship of respect... angry angry....but first they must get their Biafra... angry
See my brother don't even talk about divide or chasing anybody away,because the yorubas are the main reason why this country will not divide,oduduwa nation has nothing but sea port to the national income, so what are we saying. the people u want chase away want to Even be on their own.

Ibos are bless better know that from anambra to Akwa ibom is full of Crude oil and very industrious physically.

Hausa have something to depend on, what would the yorubas depend on?

Better be wise my friend cry
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by jmoore(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
nairaminds:

light wey yorubas work hard to make am realistic by voting out GEJ
See yourself. Celebrating less than 5,000 megawatts for a population of 170 million.
Dude, park one side.

Wetin concern GEJ here?

undecided
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by chaze07(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
chaze07:

See my brother don't even talk about divide or chasing anybody away,because the yorubas are the main reason why this country will not divide,oduduwa nation has nothing but sea port to the national income, so what are we saying. the people u want chase away want to Even be on their own.

Ibos are bless better know that from anambra to Akwa ibom is full of Crude oil and very industrious physically.

The issue is we better resolve differences and live together

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by coolitempa(f): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
chaze07:

Listen my friend,......face front.....we no dey the same level.......... angry.....ur brain is too full of the kalus garbage to be of any use..... cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simplycarro: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
coolitempa:

Listen my friend,......face front.....we no dey the same level.......... angry.....ur brain is too full of the kalus garbage to be of any use..... cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kalu's garbage now runs in the veins of many of these touts from the East.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by coolitempa(f): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
simplycarro:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kalu's garbage no runs in the veins of many of these touts from the East.

Imagine the idiot trying to discuss what he knows nothing about.......crap like crude oil is all over the SE......ibo is akwa ibom...etc etc.......and I am expected to respond to such crap......my punishment never reach that level I beg...... cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by chaze07(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

Instead to you to say what's objective and acceptable especially in a society as ours, you've decided to play your usual game.

For the benefits of others reading, Nigeria is a secular society and more so is Lagos State. There's a reason why English is adopted as the official language.

The Lagos State House of Assembly must desist forthwith in using the Yoruba language as the language for communication in any capacity whatsoever.

We want to reduce mutual suspicion and improve mutual understanding among the various ethnic groups in Nigeria. This way, we strengthen the bond of unity in the country. Our diversity with a common language is our greatest strength.

Imagine this nonsense happens in the National Assembly.
Infact u have said it all my dear brother,and one infant idiot is talking about how to chase some ppl away who will suffer it ppl that can't not even hustle that is depending strangers.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by chaze07(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
chaze07:

Infact u have said it all my dear brother,and one infant idiot is talking about how to chase some ppl away who will suffer it ppl that can't not even hustle that is depending on strangers owo da every where I tire oo
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by VirginFinder: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
He must be a bastard! Anyway, I blame Bode George for this. I hope the other lawmakers treat him like a leper.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

I'm not interested in any back and forth debate about Lagos with you. However, I only quoted you to make corrections to your post cos it seems you don't really know much about, hence you made references to different historical citations from other climes, in wrong contexts. And almost everything have no correlation whatsoever with Lagos.

1). The story of "Native Americans" and those from Lagos have no correlation whatsoever. The Indian tribes who used to live in today's America were conquered and the conquerors created their own country on a conquered territory. Lagos State isn't a conquered territory albeit you can make an argument for a small portion of it - Eko/Lagos Island - as being conquered by Bini. However, all the other parts of Lagos were never conquered by anyone and the natives who founded those places are still the ones who own them. So no correlation whatsoever.

In today's world, a city does not necessarily needs to be 'conquered' by 'force' before there can be a 'change'. I made reference to America because today's occupiers of that country were not the aborigines. So I do not see your point here. I know so well that it was conquered and I also said too that it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies it. That goes a long way to tell us that some way, the use of force must have been in place and that happened in the US and also in Northern Nigeria. But in today's world, with the deepening of democracy, another system of obtaining ownership is unfolding - this time through votes.

2). Normans never conquered Great Britain. Great Britain includes: England, Scotland and Wales. The Normans only conquered England and Wales. Scotland was never conquered by the Normans. And the Welsh maintained their heritage after the conquest, hence they still speak a unique language and they're still predominantly Celts - just as their Irish and Scottish cousins. Though there's an admixture of ancient Bretons.

England is a different kettle of fish entirely. And the reason why you can't use England is because all those who conquered England - from the Normans (Normans and Vikings are basically the same people), to the Jutes, to the Saxons, to the Angles - are all from the same ethnic group. They're all Germanic people. And these are the folks who make-up the English nation - same people. Also, the British Royal family is of German ancestry and also Germanic. So I don't know why you had to emphasise the Viking blood, since it has no relevance here.

And what's the point of the pseudo-history, anyway? Just debate the topic with the guy you're debating with by using modern cosmopolitan cities as references - rather than re-writing history and applying it in wrong contexts.

Yeah, it wasn't Great Britain but England.

I wonder why you think I shouldn't have had to emphasize the Viking blood as part of the British Royal Family when the Vikings did conquer and rule England (beginning from Rollo - Robert, first ruler of Normandy). I see no distortion of facts here neither did I attempt to re-write history nor apply it in wrong contexts.

However, the essence of my reference to this topic was to make us know that it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies and controls it.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

In today's world, a city does not necessarily needs to be 'conquered' by 'force' before there can be a 'change'. I made reference to America because today's occupiers of that country were not the aborigines. So I do not see your point here. I know so well that it was conquered and I also said too that it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies it. That goes a long way to tell us that some way, the use of force must have been in place and that happened in the US and also in Northern Nigeria. But in today's world, with the deepening of democracy, another system of obtaining ownership is unfolding - this time through votes.

Yeah, it wasn't Great Britain but England.

I wonder why you think I shouldn't have had to emphasize the Viking blood as part of the British Royal Family when the Vikings did conquer and rule England (beginning from Rollo - Robert, first ruler of Normandy). I see no distortion of facts here neither did I attempt to re-write history nor apply it in wrong contexts.

However, the essence of my reference to this topic was to make us know that it doesn't matter who owns a city but who occupies and controls it.

I still don't understand your point.

1). Why should there be a change in a place still occupied by the indigenous people and what type of change are you campaigning for? London is a cosmopolitan city - however the greatness of London stems from the great architecture, history, culture, and tradition of the place. Ditto Paris, Amsterdam, Milan, Berlin, Rome etc. That's why London is a unqiue city and why tens of millions of tourists visit London annually. And whoever moves to London assimilates into the city, without trying to change it - not the other way around. If you can't assimilate into the uniqueness of a place - you have to get out of there. I believe your mindset is of a covetuous one and you're envisaging a scenario whereby Lagos would become an Igbo city. That's just wishful thinking cos it's never going to happen. And this is also why folks resent Igbos. You lot better change ya suicidal mindset before you self-destruct.

Also, this is why Europeans will always be more advanced than Africans and why they continued to dominate via continuity. When the Roman empire collapsed and the Romans left all their conquered territories in Europe - most of the tribes that moved in never changed the system/structures that they left behind. They kept everything intact, assimilated into it, and consolidated on everything - hence they were able to project easily into the next stage of development. However, with Africans - it's always about utter destruction and obtuse change.

2). However, how's one Germanic blood different from the other? That's like emphasising Ijebu blood in the King of Ibadan, when Ibadan is part of Yorubaland and Ijebus are also Yorubas. Or emphasising the Ketu (Yoruba group in Benin) in probably an Alaafin of Oyo. How does that change the fact that they're basically from the roots?

3). So Igbos now own and control Lagos? If so, why's this bigot, the lone-ranger, crying about the use of Yoruba language? A lot of you are just unnecessarily and vacuously arrogant, and suicidal. You lot are too conceited with unnecessary sense of entitlement and that's your biggest Achilles heel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Missy89(f): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I still don't understand your point.

1). Why should there be a change in a place still occupied by the indigenous people and what type of change are you campaigning for? London is a cosmopolitan city - however the greatness of London stems from the great architecture, history, culture, and tradition of the place. Ditto Paris, Amsterdam, Milan, Berlin, Rome etc. That's why London is a unqiue city and why tens of millions of tourists visit London annually. And whoever moves to London assimilates into the city, without trying to change it - not the other way around. If you can't assimilate into the uniqueness of a place - you have to get out of there. I believe your mindset is of a covetuous one and you're envisaging a scenario whereby Lagos would become an Igbo city. That's just wishful thinking cos it's never going to happen. And this is also why folks resent Igbos. You lot better change ya suicidal mindset before you self-destruct.

Also, this is why Europeans will always be more advanced than Africans and why they continued to dominate via continuity. When the Roman empire collapsed and the Romans left all their conquered territories in Europe - most of the tribes that moved in never changed the system/structures that they left behind. They kept everything intact, assimilated into it, and consolidated on everything - hence they were able to project easily into the next stage of development. However, with Africans - it's always about utter destruction and obtuse change.

2). However, how's one Germanic blood different from the other? That's like emphasising Ijebu blood in the King of Ibadan, when Ibadan is part of Yorubaland and Ijebus are also Yorubas. Or emphasising the Ketu (Yoruba group in Benin) in probably an Alaafin of Oyo. How does that change the fact that they're basically from the roots?

3). So Igbos now own and control Lagos? If so, why's this bigot, the lone-ranger, crying about the use of Yoruba language? A lot of you are just unnecessarily and vacuously arrogant, and suicidal. You lot are too conceited with unnecessary sense of entitlement and that's your biggest Achilles heel.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missy89:

I've got a new profile picture for you - check it out. grin tongue

And have you seen videos of Syrian female soldiers fighting in that war? Beautiful and brave women. They gave me hope about women and womanhood. Another great woman is: Monique Pressley, Bill Cosby's lawyer. Supremely beautiful and intelligent black woman, with great knowledge of history and sound intellect. These are the women you need to emulate. And you do look like Monique Pressley a bit with ya short hair. lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Missy89(f): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I've got a new profile picture for you - check it out. grin tongue

And have you seen videos of Syrian female soldiers fighting in that war? Beautiful and brave women. They gave me hope about women and womanhood. Another great woman is: Monique Pressley, Bill Cosby's lawyer. Supremely beautiful and intelligent black woman, with great knowledge of history and sound intellect. These are the women you need to emulate. And you do look like Monique Pressley a bit with ya short hair. lipsrsealed tongue

Your new DP is a lie thou. 90 percent of guys spend pennies on investment and $$$$ on girls. It is a proven fact cool.

No I haven't seen it. will find it online. I know the Kurds have a lot of women fighting on the front-lines. Monique is awesome
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missy89:

Your new DP is a lie thou. 90 percent of guys spend pennies on investment and $$$$ on girls. It is a proven fact cool.

No I haven't seen it. will find it online. I know the Kurds have a lot of women fighting on the front-lines. Monique is awesome

Well, I'm unique and I'm definitely different from other guys. I spend copper and steel on women, apart from probably when I take them to eat or normal outings. And that's just normal. grin

Yes, I almost got emotional when I saw the video but you know thugs will always keep a straight face....brave women. And they dressed normal - unlike other Muslim countries. Obviously, Syria under Assad is a secular state.

Monique is my new crush. After seeing her tackle my dapper don, Marc Lamont Hill, on Huffington Post live and how she articulated her points - I fell in love with the woman. Great and highly intelligent black woman right there. Can you now see why I'm a sucker for AA women? tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

I have no problem with traditions, cultures and heritage. In fact, I cherish it and it is one of my motivating factor for wanting to travel and explore. I love to see other people from other culture and naturally take a liking for them. However, for ease of communication, for the benefit of understanding, for forging mutual alliance and strengthening cooperation, the barrier of language must be broken. If by speaking Yoruba we have issues communicating, don't you think it is better for us to speak a language that is very common to both of us?

I can learn your language but should not be out of the fear of mutual distrust and suspicion. But for the sake of my pleasure.

Everytime there is discussion on Yoruba culture and indigenity you Ibos throw an American example to whitewash legitimacy of the points in favor to native rights. Yorubaland is not America and will never be America. There is no validity to Ibo's population in Lagos any other way than to look at election results and voting patterns. There is no way you are 40% in Lagos and APC had a landslide victory in the State at all levels. It is mathematically and statistically impossible.....the only area the number has validity is in the minds of propagandists.

As a Lagos indigene myself my hatred for Ibos knows no bounds, simply because traditionally our motto is Eko for Show....Eko is the land of fancy and merriment, you make your money, live a good life and uplift the community. Since Ibo started smelling itself in Lagos the Show in Eko has dissapeared, what we have now is Eko for Conflict! Every news, every topic, every issue about Lagos Ibo wants to dominate and when you are denied space you turn it into conflict....your Ohanaeze gets involved, your Ezes get involved, you run to social media and insult and denigrate Yoruba culture, its leaders and even the land.

We do not owe you anything.....Iboland owe you a Yoruba free assembly, Yorubaland does not.

I want you also to pay attention to emerging issues in the Nation. Hausas in the North are tired of you and your ignomity in their region and everytime the issue of separation comes up from anywhere they oppose it but when issue of regionalism comes up they are silent.
Yorubas have been agitating for regionalism as a first option and secessiin as a last resort.
Ibos do not ask for regionalism at all, you are focused on either a continous centralized power or a secession.

Even today in ministerial screening we got hints first, of Ibo's sourness and reference back to a transparent action in which every ethnic group was affected by Fsshola's deportation saga, the fact an Ibo senator will challenge that more than a year after a court threw it out speaks volume of your bitterness, hatred and long throat. Second, Fashola introduced into the minds of Senators that decentralisation will be an agenda of the current administration. In fact two Emirs in the North have joined the chorus of Yorubas and begged Buhari to implement the Confab report of 2014.

Regionalism will shift our political center in Yorubaland back to Ibadan. Policies will be drafted by representatives from each of the Yoruba Commonwealth and business in Lagos will no longer be as usual.

Yorubaland has never in its history regretted welcoming others on its soil and providing refuge and solace for their troubles....for first time in our land and history every Yoruba regrets having Ibo on its soil.

Shame and death on Ibos!

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simplycarro: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Everytime there is discussion on Yoruba culture and indigenity you Ibos throw an American example to whitewash legitimacy of the points in favor to native rights. Yorubaland is not America and will never be America. There is no validity to Ibo's population in Lagos any other way than to look at election results and voting patterns. There is no way you are 40% in Lagos and APC had a landslide victory in the State at all levels. It is mathematically and statistically impossible.....the only area the number has validity is in the minds of propagandists.

As a Lagos indigene myself my hatred for Ibos knows no bounds, simply because traditionally our motto is Eko for Show....Eko is the land of fancy and merriment, you make your money, live a good life and uplift the community. Since Ibo started smelling itself in Lagos the Show in Eko has dissapeared, what we have now is Eko for Conflict! Every news, every topic, every issue about Lagos Ibo wants to dominate and when you are denied space you turn it into conflict....your Ohanaeze gets involved, your Ezes get involved, you run to social media and insult and denigrate Yoruba culture, its leaders and even the land.

We do not owe you anything.....Iboland owe you a Yoruba free assembly, Yorubaland does not.

I want you also to pay attention to emerging issues in the Nation. Hausas in the North are tired of you and your ignomity in their region and everytime the issue of separation comes up from anywhere they oppose it but when issue of regionalism comes up they are silent.
Yorubas have been agitating for regionalism as a first option and secessiin as a last resort.
Ibos do not ask for regionalism at all, you are focused on either a continous centralized power or a secession.

Even today in ministerial screening we got hints first, of Ibo's sourness and reference back to a transparent action in which every ethnic group was affected by Fsshola's deportation saga, the fact an Ibo senator will challenge that more than a year after a court threw it out speaks volume of your bitterness, hatred and long throat. Second, Fashola introduced into the minds of Senators that decentralisation will be an agenda of the current administration. In fact two Emirs in the North have joined the chorus of Yorubas and begged Buhari to implement the Confab report of 2014.

Regionalism will shift our political center in Yorubaland back to Ibadan. Policies will be drafted by representatives from each of the Yoruba Commonwealth and business in Lagos will no longer be as usual.

Yorubaland has never in its history regretted welcoming others on its soil and providing refuge and solace for their troubles....for first time in our land and history every Yoruba regrets having Ibo on its soil.

Shame and death on Ibos!

Simply beautiful. a loud round of applause.
I thought I was the only one that have noticed the small portion in bold.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:
... I believe your mindset is of a covetuous one and you're envisaging a scenario whereby Lagos would become an Igbo city. That's just wishful thinking cos it's never going to happen. And this is also why folks resent Igbos. You lot better change ya suicidal mindset before you self-destruct.

... why's this bigot, the lone-ranger, crying about the use of Yoruba language? A lot of you are just unnecessarily and vacuously arrogant, and suicidal. You lot are too conceited with unnecessary sense of entitlement and that's your biggest Achilles heel.

Don't you think you're the bigot who's lamenting in this case and even maligning the Igbo Lagos Assembly member who displayed great wisdom and tact while answering the questions posed to him?

Go through the interview and see for yourself so you can cease displaying your vacuous arrogance and conceited ego online.

There's nothing covetous in anyone acquiring landed properties that were freely sold in the market in any place on earth.

Covetousness is even the other way round and your greedy Yoruba folks are the culprits. You don't expect an Igbo man who was sold lands at hundreds of millions of Naira per plot not to exercise his rights as the due landlord. In fact it's criminal and punishable with lengthy jail terms for any Yoruba man to ever think he can dispossess the Igbo man of his assets in Lagos. That can only be possible in medieval times, and it's a wishful thinking and suicidal in this modern age.

There is no law on this earth that prohibits free movement of people, acquiring properties and participation in government. It takes a man of courage to venture into an unknown terrain and conquer it. This is the true character of the ever industrious and peace-loving Great Igbo Nation.

As of today it would be an understatement to aver that Igbos control 50% of the economy of Lagos and its environs.

Advise your Yorubas folks to stop lazing around and depending on the crude oil wealth from another's backyard. Tell them to travel out and see what the future holds in other places and climes. And nothing on this earth stops you from hustling and buying up properties in the South-East.

If Yorubas can grow thick skins then they are capable of surviving and competing favourably across the Niger. They should venture into remote areas of the North, Middle-belt and South-South zones to invest, build houses and establish business empires as the Igbos do. There's nothing stopping them except them!

Cease from being short-sighted and wallowing in the ocean of tribalism. You end up dissipating your energy in hating and being envious of goal-getters and achievers - the Great Igbo Nation who have made life meaningful for you and your folks in Lagos and its environs.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by simpleseyi: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"the sophisticated people got so many evil characters, they're snitch, back-stabbers, back-bitters, tribalistic, and so on. They like behaving like slaves".

Similar statements like the gibberish you posted above made Awolowo, Obasanjo and Benjamin Adekunle to use over 3 million Ibos for pepper soup and suya. It seems you stubborn goats want a full genocide this time around. We shall kill you all and make sure your children never grow.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Missy89(f): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Well, I'm unique and I'm definitely different from other guys. I spend copper and steel on women, apart from probably when I take them to eat or normal outings. And that's just normal. grin

Yes, I almost got emotional when I saw the video but you know thugs will always keep a straight face....brave women. And they dressed normal - unlike other Muslim countries. Obviously, Syria under Assad is a secular state.

Monique is my new crush. After seeing her tackle my dapper don, Marc Lamont Hill, on Huffington Post live and how she articulated her points - I fell in love with the woman. Great and highly intelligent black woman right there. Can you now see why I'm a sucker for AA women? tongue

Yea right. Guys are notorious for not thinking straight at the critical moment when a chick is involved

I heard a song for the first time yesterday. Alelu ( Wale and some local naija artists) My question to you - Your yoruba sound crappy like Wale's? grin
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missy89:

Yea right. Guys are notorious for not thinking straight at the critical moment when a chick is involved

I heard a song for the first time yesterday. Alelu ( Wale and some local naija artists) My question to you - Your yoruba sound crappy like Wale's? grin

Lmao...too wavey for that. I'm a different breed and being around me is a privilege to a lot of chics that I know, hence some of them always develop low self-esteem when around me - true story. Not vain - if you've the mindset that you can get any chic you want, what you wrote up there won't be applicable. Not saying I can't help a chic that's desperately in need, if we're friends - or reciprocate a nice gesture - but that sucker shiit isn't my forte. Never have and will never be.

Looool. I only speak thick village Ijebu - can't speak Yoruba loool. tongue My Yoruba is celestial. I dunno, man. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Okorocha Reacts To Being Slapped By A Ghost / Osinbajo Panel Report: Witnesses Open Can Of Worms / IMO: APC, Uzodinma Urge Supreme Court To Reject Ihedioha’s Request For Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.