Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (28010 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
bakynes:
@ shymexx Thank you my brother, my fellow Londoner and Yoruba citizen. I have told igbos severally that, the Lagos they say is owned by the Binis was Lagos island and it was reclaimed by the aworis when the Binis left.I told them aside Lagos island all other lands in Lagos is owned by Ijebus, aworis etc. even though I didn't explain it in details like you did, thanks for educating us further. We must open our eyes and be vigilante to the threat from this people(igbos). I even used the Yoruba and Indian MPs in London as an example, does it mean because of them they will start speaking Yoruba or whatever language they speak in Indian.

Now if they say igbos has a 40% Population in Lagos, so the Yorubas who own Lagos are a minorities in Lagos then because we have a sizeable population of Hausas, Binis, Ijaw, Calabar etc in Lagos so Yorubas and the rest of other tribes share the rest of the 60% Population. I laugh out so loud. grin.

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develop a place or the various igbo traders?
Lets just leave them alone, they have opened our eyes and now we shouldn't sleep with our two eyes closed.

The 40% claim is dumbest thing ever. It just shows these folks lack common sense and most of them suffer from a strange type of mental disease. You failed to add foreigners, especially other Africans, who should also have a sizable population in Lagos. If Igbos are 40% - then Yorubas don't exist in Lagos at all. grin
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
but yorubaland is not your land now Why don't Jude head back to imo state were he wont hear any Yoruba language? grin grin

Lagos is no man's land!!!

Our population in the no man's land don reach more than 40% .... It's our land already.

Sorry, we ain't going nowhere.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Igala wey be Muslim na ibo cousin?
Yeye!

Afikpo in Ebonyi state is a massive Muslim community so chill.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by macof(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
bakynes:
@ shymexx Thank you my brother, my fellow Londoner and Yoruba citizen. I have told igbos severally that, the Lagos they say is owned by the Binis was Lagos island and it was reclaimed by the aworis when the Binis left.I told them aside Lagos island all other lands in Lagos is owned by Ijebus, aworis etc. even though I didn't explain it in details like you did, thanks for educating us further. We must open our eyes and be vigilante to the threat from this people(igbos). I even used the Yoruba and Indian MPs in London as an example, does it mean because of them they will start speaking Yoruba or whatever language they speak in Indian.
Now if they say igbos has a 40% Population in Lagos, so the Yorubas who own Lagos are a minorities in Lagos then because we have a sizeable population of Hausas, Binis, Ijaw, Calabar etc in Lagos so Yorubas and the rest of other tribes share the rest of the 60% Population. I laugh out so loud. grin.

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develops a place or the various igbo traders?
Lets just leave them alone, they have opened our eyes and now we shouldn't sleep with our two eyes closed.

Sir, even the part of lagos state the is originally "settled" by Binis is not all of lagos island but jst a section called Enuwa, the bushes surrounding the place belonged to the Awori particularly Aromire family who invited them to the main town

Funny how this igbos use Bini to fight
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Ibos won't even have the ticket to contest let alone of winning in the near future!
Bunch of losers

The igbo population in Lagos will keep getting igbos votes to win more seats in Lagos state n federal houses.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by macof(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
chuna1985:

Lagos is no man's land!!!

Our population in the no man's land don reach more than 40% .... It's our land already.

Sorry, we ain't going nowhere.

Yet you can't fix ur igbo language in the house of assembly grin noisemakers
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by achiphet(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Am beginning to hate nairaland.....y shud this tribalist trend with a misforming headline still come fo d front page?
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao @ epistles. I'm just educating you because you sound ridiculously clueless/ignorant and half-baked. And it's a tough job trying to educate a kid who says a lot without saying anything - and uses different types of disjointed references to make a point that doesn't exist. Evidently, when dealing with someone from that space - you'll to break it down properly and explain in details. That's what I'm doing here - a service to humanity.

1). I explained the history of the place to you cos you keep spouting historical references of conquerors and conquered territories and it's my responsibility to tell you the chronological history of the place - to show you that it has never been conquered. And that the examples you cited have no correlation whatsoever with the place. The onus is now on you to stop referencing inconsequential conquered territories and conquerors...and stick to the point.

And who controls Lagos? So, what's the basis of your argument, if the Igbos don't control anything in Lagos - and that's evident in the fact that there's nothing Igbo about Lagos - not even the house of assembly? Can you see how arrogantly clueless you sound?

2). Egbas, Aworis, Ijebus, Ekitis et al don't need to be vocal about their claim - it's evident in Lagos, since the place is quintessentially Yoruba.

3). How about tell us who built a Lagos that existed and was cosmopolitan way before there was a Nigeria? Who built it? Aliens? When you keep repeating "own", "control", and "conquered" like it's not evident that Yorubas own and control Lagos, and the place has never been conquered: it's only right that I ask you if you believe Igbos in grandiose delusions own, control, and conquered Lagos - or planning to do so. And perhaps, English usage isn't ya forte and you don't know words carry deeper meanings in context of an argument/discourse, no?

4). I never argued against the representation of those who contributed towards the success of a community. However, I do the representation has to start with proper assimilation and it also has to be symbiotic. You can't force your own opinions/culture on a place that existed way before you get there - you assimilate into it and help in the progress of the place - or get out of there. They never begged you to go there in the first place and when you're long gone the place would still be there.

5). London opened its doors to all and sundry when they needed cheap labour. However, one thing London never compromised and will never compromise is the history, tradition, culture, and heritage of the place. That's what makes London unique. Hence whoever moves to London always have to assimilate into the London way of life. The pride of London is its history and heritage - and that's why it's one of the biggest tourist cities on the planet. In London, you have to speak in English cos it's England (English land) and everything is done based on British culture.

When you jump into a fight without getting to know what is responsible, you end up being dealt with.

Keep your academic history and properly read my position on this issue. Because when you do, we can argue with a common reference point. That is what should distinguish you from the bigots on this tread. Alas, you've shown to be like them.

I made references to the British Royal Family, the conquest of England (which I wrongly mention Great Britain), the development of cities and then the anthropological composition of Lagos. You only ended up spewing history of Aworis and Egbas and Ijebus. All these, I did to illustrate the fact that if care is not taken, those who claim ownership of a city can be displaced of the city. And that applies to the Igbo societies. And because of this fact, London, Paris, New York are what they are today - retaining their culture and heritage. Did I tell you that Aworis come from Mars? More so where did I distort fact? On the fact that the Royal Family has a Viking (which is same as the Normans) gene?

You Shymmex are the very educated ignorant fellow. Maybe you wanted to read where I wrote about the Igbos conquering Lagos. I understand. But read my replies to you to clear your doubt.

You talk of the aesthetics of London. I talk of the survival of London.

Keep your rant and infectious bile to yourself.

When you have the balls, you come visit Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

Lol.

Which questions sir?

Don't act like you didn't see them in my last response to you. They are 3 in number. Check them grin
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
bakynes:

Some say igbos developed Lagos, please help me ask them if the past and present Governors of Lagos are igbos, is it the Government that develop a place or the various igbo traders?

You are living in denial.

When you decide to live in truth, then you will know the extent of the spread of the Igbos in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Bwahahahahaha. grin

I guess that's why they can't let go and just be decent folks living and thriving on a next man's ancestral land...and the concept of mutual respect and territorial integrity is foreign to them.

It's basically like a lot of Igbos I've met. Every time I ask them where they're from - they'll start saying Lagos, like WTF? I just laugh inside cos I can't let folks know that I know a lot about Nigeria. Yorubas always claim where they're from in Nigeria but only the Igbos always claim Lagos. grin

Duke,
Its same here in America. Most Americans know Lagos, when you say you are Nigerian they ask where in Nigeria. When I respond and say Lagos they wonder why every Nigerian is.from.Lagos. To add injury to salt they preempt.and declare "so you must be Ibo". Wtf!!! angry I dont look anything close to a chimpanzee, they have associated Lagos with Ibo because its so many Ibos claiming it when asked to identify their roots in Nigeria.

Death to Ibo!!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

You are living in denial.

When you decide to live in truth, then you will know the extent of the spread of the Igbos in Lagos.

I'm waiting for your reply.!!!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
macof:

Yet you can't fix ur igbo language in the house of assembly grin noisemakers

It's step by step. In 2010 if we told u that we will win federal reps n state assembly in Lagos, u will mock us as noisemakers.

We are moving into Lagos on a daily basis, if a few more years, we will over take Lagos. Dont say u were not told.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

The what Nation

Igalas are beheading you and sacking you from your communities, Fulani is coming behind them....dont vex Yoruba to.follow in after Fulani we will demolish everything that moves ....and even things that dont move!

xtrorse:
Frustrated disciple of slavery, hate and propaganda..., if you are man enough venture into the streets of Lagos to prove your senseless rantings. Just this once...
Until then you remain a piss in the wind!

"And let me tell you that in the event of the breakup of this country, Ilorin and Offa will remain 100 % Northern Nigeria and not one inch of land will be ceded to yorubas".- Junaid Mohammed.
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69271-north-ready-nigeria-s-breakup-if-junaid-muhammed.html
Your Fulani slave master has spoken, Yorrobber slaves like your loudmouthed self can only but cheer him. It's your destiny on earth.  grin grin

Your slave masters, whom you shamelessly ass-lick as if without them Yorrobbers are worthless, don't even consider Yorubbish Muslims as equals but inferior beings.  
The same Fulani herdsmen have been hunting Yorrobers for sport for decades. And few days ago about 20 Fulanis had the guts to kidnap Olu Falae (from his farm in Ondo State) and hold him in bondage for a ransom of N100m, and 200 bloody cowards like you in the farm can only but watch and later take to the Internet to rant uselessly.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/how-fulani-herdsmen-abducted-olu-falae/
https://www.nairaland.com/2615875/how-fulani-herdsmen-abducted-olu
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
StBlack1:

(1) In as much as I won't talk much on this before others, the best way to determine who really moves the economy of Lagos is by a simple research into what sectors of the economy drives Lagos activities. Ibos are traders and we all know how little Lagos is driven by the trading sector.

(2) Looks like Shymexx hasn't yet gotten you hard enough but I'll ensure I do. Please do answer these questions in your next response :

- Who are the occupiers in Lagos if you say it doesn't matter who owns a place but who occupies it?

-Then who are the majority of the occupiers in Lagos? Is it Yorubas or Ibos or Hausas or who?

-Then who are the "occupiers in their numbers (aka majority) that control or 'should' control Lagos?

(3) A 10-year old will be surprised and disappointed with these contribution of yours. I thought you said you'd prefer 'sound reasoning' to suit this argument. Can you please justify how sound you are by claiming Ibos are majority in Lagos or even the supposedly Ogun State?

I thought you were reasonable in asking me questions. You ended up asking questions that are only discussed in bear parlours.

Please Black, I never said Igbos are the majority in Lagos. Do not quote me out of context - for petty reasons.

You rightly said that Igbos are mainly traders. The strength of an economy depends on the nature of trading activities. The higher the volume, the more the economy prospers.

But firstly, before I go hard on you too or anyone, I want someone who has lived and worked in Lagos to identify himself/herself. I do not want to banter words with those who have never set foot on the streets of Lagos or those who just come to Lagos but lock themselves up in their rooms or those who just visit a few stores. I want someone who has lived, hustle on the street and knows the life of a Lagosian. Only then will I talk about the commercial activities of Lagos - most especially, trading. Only then will I have a healthy debate. Not someone who rants about academic history of the Aworis and Egbas.

All of you are typing from Mars.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Kagawa10: 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
chuna1985:

The igbo population in Lagos will keep getting igbos votes to win more seats in Lagos state n federal houses.
Lol!
It seems dullness is hereditary in ibo!
What part of the statement 'there won't be ticket for any ibo candidate to contest' you don't understand?
Yeye people!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Antivirus92(m): 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
macof:

You are very stupid
Hahahaha.....I think its only a silly man that denies his ethnicity
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Shymm3x: 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

When you jump into a fight without getting to know what is responsible, you end up being dealt with.

Keep your academic history and properly read my position on this issue. Because when you do, we can argue with a common reference point. That is what should distinguish you from the bigots on this tread. Alas, you've shown to be like them.

I made references to the British Royal Family, the conquest of England (which I wrongly mention Great Britain), the development of cities and then the anthropological composition of Lagos. You only ended up spewing history of Aworis and Egbas and Ijebus. All these, I did to illustrate the fact that if care is not taken, those who claim ownership of a city can be displaced of the city. And that applies to the Igbo societies. And because of this fact, London, Paris, New York are what they are today - retaining their culture and heritage. Did I tell you that Aworis come from Mars? More so where did I distort fact? On the fact that the Royal Family has a Viking (which is same as the Normans) gene?

You Shymmex are the very educated ignorant fellow. Maybe you wanted to read where I wrote about the Igbos conquering Lagos. I understand. But read my replies to you to clear your doubt.

You talk of the aesthetics of London. I talk of the survival of London.

Keep your rant and infectious bile to yourself.

When you have the balls, you come visit Lagos.

1). Well, I never jumped into a fight - you dragged me into it, despite the fact that I told you I wasn't interested in the topic. I only came to correct ya historical innuendos and jejune tales, applied in wrong contexts. And when you kept on spouting all kinds of tosh - it's my responsibility to educate you like a tutor would do to a wayward student.

2). You referenced the Norman conquest of Great Britain and the Viking blood of the British Royal Family (the royal family is more of an English thing, to be honest). And I corrected your obvious mistake, since Normans only conquered England, and maybe Wales - and showed you why ya reference is wrong, ditto the context - since all the groups who make-up the English ethnicity are Germanic (same ethnic group), including the Normans (who're also more or less the Vikings). Then went further to show you that all the groups indigenous to Lagos are Yorubas and the place was never conquered by anyone.

Also, how're those who claim ownership to Paris, London et al displaced? Have you been to these cities? If you have, what language do they speak there and what crosses ya mind once you first land in these cities? No one needs to tell you that Paris is a French city before you know it's, regardless of how cosmopolitan it's. Ditto London. That's the beauty of cosmopolitan cities - the heritage and culture of the place are kept intact, and whoever moves in assimilate into it. You don't change great cities - you assimilate into it.

3). I never referenced "own", "control", "conquest" et al - you did. So, in what context were you citing those claims? This is English language and words when used in context have deeper meanings, no matter how you feign ignorance. Learn how to use words next time and don't blame me for your gaffes.

4). London has been surviving for eons as a cosmopolitan city and the only reason it opened its doors to more people was to consolidate on the empire status and maintain it. And why the city has survived is basically cos it has been able to keep its heritage, culture, and tradition - and as new migrants move into the city - they assimilate into its greatness, without trying to change it. That's how civilisations survive. Civilisations don't survive when you try to change a winning formula -thus fostering all kinds of extras on what has worked for eons. You leave it alone and blend into it, to make it grow.

Lmao @ balls. I've got biggest balls ever - I doubt you can say the same. I'm coming to Lagos soon. Let me tell you how Yorubas roll with an example. The biggest UK urban artist, Skepta, just posted a picture of a dream house he's building for his parents in Lagos yesterday. And he was elated about it and he emphasised the word "home". That's how Yorubas roll - we know where home is. I'm buying a personal house in Lagos soon as well, despite the fact that my family has a lot already there - cos I know that's where my home is. Suck on that. You obviously don't know where ya home is - hence you're stuck on Lagos. The joke is on you.

Last post to you.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Duke,
There are thousands of Ibos in Lagos whose kins back in village are misled to believe they are in London. This is a fact!

They have a well developed mind and elaborate skills in creating, packaging and delivering deceptions and things generally apathy to truth. Hence they excel in manufacturing and selling fake products and convincing their customers that the product is the best anywhere. This is their gift and no one can beat Ibo in the act of deception and mistruth.

So they represent to their people back home, with pictures, that mansions in Lekki and Ikoyi and Ikeja and high end residential areas of Lagos are owned by Ibos. Picture speaks more than words. The villagers are sold on the lies and they in turn startbrumors that their sons own mansions in Lagos. When it passes to the next village the story has been embellished to include all of Lagos. So new refugees leaving village to Lagos come with the impression of Ibos own Lagos.

When you have someone like Jude, allowed by Yorubas, to win a seat in the Lagos assembly and its published in papers and is taken to village for them to see and read, tell me, my brother, how anyone in alaibo, even if they were doubters before, will not now believe that Ibo is the true owner of Lagos.

This is so so true. God bless you bro.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

I thought you were reasonable in asking me questions. You ended up asking questions that are only discussed in bear parlours.

Please Black, I never said Igbos are the majority in Lagos. Do not quote me out of context - for petty reasons.

You rightly said that Igbos are mainly traders. The strength of an economy depends on the nature of trading activities. The higher the volume, the more the economy prospers.

But firstly, before I go hard on you too or anyone, I want someone who has lived and worked in Lagos to identify himself/herself. I do not want to banter words with those who have never set foot on the streets of Lagos or those who just come to Lagos but lock themselves up in their rooms or those who just visit a few stores. I want someone who has lived, hustle on the street and knows the life of a Lagosian. Only then will I talk about the commercial activities of Lagos - most especially, trading. Only then will I have a healthy debate. Not someone who rants about academic history of the Aworis and Egbas.

All of you are typing from Mars.

Mr man, I only asked you questions to answer. I don't think 3 simple questions should rile you up to the point of no-return. I wonder how my questions are been discussed in beer parlors, seeing that it eventually occurred one of us is here sharing his experience in a beer parlor rather than boldly facing the questions directed to him. All I need were responses, not emotional outbursts. I didn't critique you for saying Ibos are majority in Lagos, did I? Please answer my questions as i'v responded to you earlier. I need responses, not outbursts.

Kaboninc, my nuclear family lives in Lagos, so there is no point looking for someone living in Lagos to verify your claims. And for your information, an Egba or Awori is more qualified to school even me, a non-Egba/non-Awori, about Lagos, talk less some non-Yorubas who think they share Lagos with the Egba or Awori in the name of the constitution of one British scam called Nigeria. In short, here I am, a Lagosian like you. Do open the floor of a SENSIBLE debate.

But before you do so, please 'respond correctly and politely' to my last 3 questions. Your response will dictate how I respond.

Here we go. Over to you.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Duke,
Its same here in America. Most Americans know Lagos, when you say you are Nigerian they ask where in Nigeria. When I respond and say Lagos they wonder why every Nigerian is.from.Lagos. To add injury to salt they preempt.and declare "so you must be Ibo". Wtf!!! angry I dont look anything close to a chimpanzee, they have associated Lagos with Ibo because its so many Ibos claiming it when asked to identify their roots in Nigeria.

Death to Ibo!!

And so why are americans finding why yorubas look like chimpanzee on Google search?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
ibedun:

This is so so true. God bless you bro.

That guy, inspired autos, what's his tribe again.....

Please remember me.

Coward!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MrMbaM: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

Please remember me.

Coward!

Good you are now a tribalist.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Kolade354(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
chuna1985:

It's step by step. In 2010 if we told u that we will win federal reps n state assembly in Lagos, u will mock us as noisemakers.

We are moving into Lagos on a daily basis, if a few more years, we will over take Lagos. Dont say u were not told.
You're moving to lagos everyday and yet u want Biafra.......You're developing a south west state and ur pple on this forum still want Biafra. Who is decieving who??
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
StBlack1:

Mr man, I only asked you questions to answer. I don't think 3 simple questions should rile you up to the point of no-return. I wonder how my questions are been discussed in beer parlors, seeing that it eventually occurred one of us is here sharing his experience in a beer parlor rather than boldly facing the questions directed to him. All I need were responses, not emotional outbursts. I didn't critique you for saying Ibos are majority in Lagos, did I? Please answer my questions as i'v responded to you earlier. I need responses, not outbursts.

Kaboninc, my nuclear family lives in Lagos, so there is no point looking for someone living in Lagos to verify your claims. And for your information, an Egba or Awori is more qualified to school even me, a non-Egba/non-Awori, about Lagos, talk less some non-Yorubas who think they share Lagos with the Egba or Awori in the name of the constitution of one British scam called Nigeria. In short, here I am, a Lagosian like you. Do open the floor of a SENSIBLE debate.

But before you do so, please 'respond correctly and politely' to my last 3 questions. Your response will dictate how I respond.

Here we go. Over to you.

No sir, you didn't. But....you did. Go read the question you posited to me. You are funny. Remember this "Looks like Shymexx hasn't yet gotten you hard enough but I'll ensure I do."?

You do not live in Lagos and so I won't bother responding to your questions. You already have a biased mindset and anything I say to you will be fruitless. I hate to waste resources.

Sorry.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
MrMbaM:

Good you are now a tribalist.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Everytime there is discussion on Yoruba culture and indigenity you Ibos throw an American example to whitewash legitimacy of the points in favor to native rights. Yorubaland is not America and will never be America. There is no validity to Ibo's population in Lagos any other way than to look at election results and voting patterns. There is no way you are 40% in Lagos and APC had a landslide victory in the State at all levels. It is mathematically and statistically impossible.....the only area the number has validity is in the minds of propagandists.

As a Lagos indigene myself my hatred for Ibos knows no bounds, simply because traditionally our motto is Eko for Show....Eko is the land of fancy and merriment, you make your money, live a good life and uplift the community. Since Ibo started smelling itself in Lagos the Show in Eko has dissapeared, what we have now is Eko for Conflict! Every news, every topic, every issue about Lagos Ibo wants to dominate and when you are denied space you turn it into conflict....your Ohanaeze gets involved, your Ezes get involved, you run to social media and insult and denigrate Yoruba culture, its leaders and even the land.

We do not owe you anything.....Iboland owe you a Yoruba free assembly, Yorubaland does not.

I want you also to pay attention to emerging issues in the Nation. Hausas in the North are tired of you and your ignomity in their region and everytime the issue of separation comes up from anywhere they oppose it but when issue of regionalism comes up they are silent.
Yorubas have been agitating for regionalism as a first option and secessiin as a last resort.
Ibos do not ask for regionalism at all, you are focused on either a continous centralized power or a secession.

Even today in ministerial screening we got hints first, of Ibo's sourness and reference back to a transparent action in which every ethnic group was affected by Fsshola's deportation saga, the fact an Ibo senator will challenge that more than a year after a court threw it out speaks volume of your bitterness, hatred and long throat. Second, Fashola introduced into the minds of Senators that decentralisation will be an agenda of the current administration. In fact two Emirs in the North have joined the chorus of Yorubas and begged Buhari to implement the Confab report of 2014.

Regionalism will shift our political center in Yorubaland back to Ibadan. Policies will be drafted by representatives from each of the Yoruba Commonwealth and business in Lagos will no longer be as usual.

Yorubaland has never in its history regretted welcoming others on its soil and providing refuge and solace for their troubles....for first time in our land and history every Yoruba regrets having Ibo on its soil.

Shame and death on Ibos!

We give props to whom its due

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaboninc:

Please remember me.

Coward!

What is your point here?
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
FreeGlobe:

And so why are americans finding why yorubas look like chimpanzee on Google search?

You gon make me.pounce between those thighs and turn you to babyfactory if.you dont shut up.

Yeye
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
ibedun:

What is your point here?

Cow!

You are asking me my point again?

You see, when I said you guys don't have senses (the bigots on this thread) you still won't agree.

Now you've shown me the class of your stupidity and you have the audacity to ask me "What is my point here"?

Just be very careful and hold your hands.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You gon make me.pounce between those thighs and turn you to babyfactory if.you dont shut up.

Yeye
Reserve your pouncing for the fulanis who are about to wipe your village off the map and turn you to a slave in your own soil.. yeye

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hahahaha interesting thread.I wasn't even expecting this thread to get this far,I thought the mods would have locked it.Mayoroflagos has said it all,there is absolutely nothing to add

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules / Tolu Ogunlesi Suffers To Defend Buhari’s Twitter Ban on CNN / Jonathan Angry Over Leakage Of Patience's Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.