Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Save A Soul: HIV Infection - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Save A Soul: HIV Infection (1026 Views)

SHE Got An Infection After Getting "BAD BOOTY Shots"...( Viewers Discretion). / Every Man Or Woman You Have S3x With Deposits A Soul In You! Halima Reveals / Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save A Soul: HIV Infection by angel21(f): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
MY FRIEND WAS INFECTED WITH HIV VIRUS AFTER SHE WAS GANG LY RAP BY ARM ROBBERS 4MONTHS AGO. SHE WENT FOR TEST LAST WEEK SHE WAS TESTED POSITIVE. YOUR ADVICE IS URGENTLY NEEDED B4 SHE COMMIT SUICIDE
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by brutal(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
wicked criminals!so sad.she should embrace jesus.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by izeek(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
what is the assuarance that it was the robbers that infected her and not the other way round?
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by yme1(f): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2009
blood of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only God can help her in this situation
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by angel21(f): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2009
thank you, izeek the lady in question is a qualify nurse in one of the General hospital in d country  I'm very sure she was negative b4 d incident
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by webpro(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
rapped by robbers na reasons for HIV infected Nigerians, anyway no need for suicide, HIV is a virus not diseases, she can live wit it all her life being healthy offcourse. let her go for counsellng
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2009
damn! God have mercy!
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by findjobuba: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
there is no need for her to commit sucide, do not mind what pple would have to say, u must embrace christ, take heart, remain focus and you will achieve anything you would have set 4 urself. May the lodr b your strenght
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Czarskit(m): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
~ Thats bad news ~ Miracles do happen but not at death. ~
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by 190: 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
man its not SAFE A SOUL
its SAVE A SOUL

anyway i dnt reply on HIV threads
I run away from dem,
i dnt wana get infected by replyin 2 dem
so im out

zooms off in my yaris! tongue
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by SeanT21(f): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2009
This is not the end of her life. She still has a long way to go.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by yjay(f): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
prayers i think will be most useful to her right now, goodluck!
and for the criminals, BASTARDS!!!!!!!!
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by argent(f): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
Having the virus is not the end of life. She can still live and enjoy her life.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by yme2(f): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
yeah that is true
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by spikedcylinder: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
Most infected people claimed to have been raped. How are you going continue to live a positive, healthy life is you don't take responsibility for your actions, change and try and move on?
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by manoy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Most infected people claimed to have been raped. How are you going continue to live a positive, healthy life is you don't take responsibility for your actions, change and try and move on?

Hmn,expert! wink wink wink
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Feelitx(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2009
Why put and end to your life over a disease ? People live with HIV and are doing well in all aspects of their lives. You just need to be more disciplined.When she kills herself, what happens to the affected ?
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2009
Let she be on ARV drugs ,as a nurse, she stands a better chance to know what to do naa!
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by bluespice(f): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
a nurse knows hiv is not the end of her life
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Tatase(f): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2009
I think of course she needs prayers but most of all she needs encouragement that her life is not necessarily over, and that there are people who have been living with it for years etc. There are support groups all over Nigeria where she can meet others living with HIV (usually voluntary counseling and testing centers should give this info out or if not NACA/SACA can probably give info). It's not a death sentence like it used to be. She definitely needs counseling and support from people who have been in her position.

Obviously continuing as a nurse might be difficult, I'm not quite clear on the policy about HIV-positive practicing medical personnel is in Nigeria but she can go into health education and there are so many NGO-type opportunities for people living with AIDS to serve as consultants and peer educators and mentors.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I SECOND THAT
i have heard too many stories about people being raped by armed robbers who were HIV positive, i think some people use that excuse to come out of the closet.
anyway, i dont think she can ever work as a nurse agaian but at least she will have access to the right treatment.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 8:24am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

You'd better stop that crusade, what's that suppose to mean, if claimed to be a victim, whats the beef, afterall a girl that was tricked against her wills to go without condom can claim a rape victim.
Nevertheless, there 're many ways to contract the virus and its quite pathetic.
sad
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by spikedcylinder: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2009
Igwe.:

You'd better stop that crusade, what's that suppose to mean, if claimed to be a victim, whats the beef, afterall a girl that was tricked against her wills to go without condom can claim a rape victim.
Nevertheless, there 're many ways to contract the virus and its quite pathetic.
sad

I don't think you got my point, I will explain again.
In our society, being sexually active is frowned upon and seen as a taboo. This is why, when girls get pregnant, they say they were raped. When a girl of 16 gets a new boyfriend, she starts by telling him she's a virgin and then later says she's not one because she was raped. When, in actual fact, she's been having sex since she was 12 and enjoying it. To cover up for that, she tells her new boyfriend that she was raped by her grand father's uncle. Same thing applies to HIV infected women. They feel its a bad thing to be sexually active and when they manage to contact a disease from their activeness, guilt sets in. Hence, to assuage their guilt, they say they were raped.
If you start a healing and prolonged process by lying to yourself and not taking responsibility for your actions, you are only deceiving yourself.
This is not to say that some people are not truly raped.
I hope you get it now.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by goodass(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2009
@ OP
d importance of her will to live cant b over-emfasized. having said that, there are services available 4 pips livin wt HIV. i know of an N.G.O one at Obanikoro, name is Hope World Wide (i can give you a contact, just buzz my YIM). Also she can go to the NACA office at Yaba.

d earlier she starts d berra. al d best to u n ur frnd
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I don't think you got my point, I will explain again.
In our society, being sexually active is frowned upon and seen as a taboo. This is why, when girls get pregnant, they say they were raped. When a girl of 16 gets a new boyfriend, she starts by telling him she's a virgin and then later says she's not one because she was raped. When, in actual fact, she's been having sex since she was 12 and enjoying it. To cover up for that, she tells her new boyfriend that she was raped by her grand father's uncle. Same thing applies to HIV infected women. They feel its a bad thing to be sexually active and when they manage to contact a disease from their activeness, guilt sets in. Hence, to assuage their guilt, they say they were raped.
If you start a healing and prolonged process by lying to yourself and not taking responsibility for your actions, you are only deceiving yourself.
This is not to say that some people are not truly raped.
I hope you get it now.

I got your point spiky smiley, for the fact the person is sick and needs our help to survive is enough for us to jettison  all kinds of negative thoughts, sad
we ‘d learn to rejoice with our brothers and sisters when things are moving fine for them  smiley cool and also sympathize with them when reverse has assumed the case. cry sad cool
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by spikedcylinder: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2009
It doesn't also mean people shouldn't take genuine responsibility for their actions.
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

It doesn't also mean people shouldn't take genuine responsibility for their actions.
Reserve this your advice for Adam, he ’d be needing it when next he tastes the apple. tongue smiley
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by spikedcylinder: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2009
Sure. Are you Adam?
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2009
If I were Adam cheesy, I'd take it without complaint. smiley
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by spikedcylinder: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2009
Aha! So maybe the advice was for you after all. wink
Re: Save A Soul: HIV Infection by Igwe9(m): 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Aha! So maybe the advice was for you after all. wink
How?

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Broke Up With Me Twice. / My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe / Oh Na Na: What Is My Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.