Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? (1188 Views)

What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? / 6 Amazing Apps To Make Your Love Life Stronger / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2015
I grew up in Mushin, a notorious city in Lagos known for all form of vices. Love was never a thing from people who grew up from this part of the city. I never knew I would ever fall in love, let alone with four different girls.

I was in my early 20's and just got admitted into the university to study English and History, what a funny combination but it was fun I must tell you. I enjoyed the History lectures a lot but for English lectures it was more about the GIRLS and the attention.

I remember vividly, it was Emeka having a nice "chyking" conversation with Gbemi while I was sitting right behind them, enjoying and learning new tricks and words to use when engaging in the endangered sport of chasing women (men chase money now). I could not hold myself when I heard Gbemi tell Emeka she lives in Lagos and had spent all her childhood there.

I spoke a little about Lagos, but I was much more interested in knowing what hostel Gbemi stayed in. After so many "ah my street in Lagos is very dirty, mine has no light" and so many other things that could be attribute to Lagos, I asked Gbemi for her phone number and what hostel She stayed in.

That Information marked the beginning of my love life, I visited Ziks Flat more often, thanks to the fact that Alvan Ikoku Hall was a stone throw to Ziks Flat. Gbemi cooked all kinds of food, not for me but for herself, I guess I learnt well from the British and French Colonial style of administration (Assimilation/Association).

Months went by, without me mentioning my hidden agenda to Gbemi. I guess she was smart enough to know what my real intention was. Finally I was bold enough. I spoke fast and simple, "Gbemi, I want you to be your girlfriend". In the same manner she was simple but slow, "I'm very sorry, I can’t date you, we are in the same class and i can’t date someone from my class"

First year ended, but our closeness and friendship grew stronger. She moved on emotionally while I dated someone else. Rregardless of who we both dated, our friendship was pure and real, no hate or jealousy from me regardless of who she was with.

While my friendship with Gbemi enjoyed all my attention, my beautiful girlfriend suffered a lot of loneliness. In as much as I shared a lot of time with Gbemi, it never affected what i felt for my girl friend, I gave her all she needed except for my time and attention.

Life happened and time and fate took its course, I broke up with my beloved beautiful girlfriend. It was difficult to let her go, she loved me, even though she knew my flaws (Gbemi), but fate had to take its course (me and my girlfriend were not compatible health wise. It was better we went our separate ways.

How time flies when you are in love, it was 2012, in the year of our Lord, young Ifeanyi was already in final year, and was living the life of a freelancer - no girlfriend or emotional strings to anybody.  Life was so sweet. I had few courses to write and attended little or no lectures up until I stumbled on a Precious Gift. I met her at a friend’s birthday party and soon after, everything happened and it kept on happening till I graduated and left for NYSC.

Thanks to NYSC, I forgot Precious Gift and remembered what Gbemi said in her room in Ziks Flat "I'm very sorry, I can’t date you, we are in the same class and i can’t date someone from my class". It took me days to actually realize that Gbemi was still very much around and how much I have missed and still loved her.

I was serving in Ibadan, and she was serving in Kebbi State. Distance wasn’t really a problem, I saw her virtually all the time she visited Lagos, I even volunteered to go to the bus park with her each and every time she left for kebbi State, that was how much the love grew and the bond became stronger.

But like every love story it ended with a heart break. Gbemi still had another excuse, this time it was funny, she said, "I like you but I can’t date you, I don’t love you the way you love me".  

Let me tell you, this same bullshit went on for three years until I met Vivian.

I spent a lot of quality time chatting and calling Vivian, it  is a beautiful experience, it felt as if I had known Vivian for a very long time. She showed me how to love myself and a how to forget Gbemi.

Now I'm in love with Vivian, but guess what, she has a boyfriend in whom she is well pleased.

-Ifeanyi
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by dharay99: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2015
& yhu †ink I'll read
yhur lonq s†ory huh...k

Nexxx†.!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2015
dharay99:
& yhu †ink I'll read
yhur lonq s†ory huh...k

Nexxx†.!

I think it's time we got a job for you.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by naijafox(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2015
booked
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by dharay99: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2015
obum88:

I think it's time we got a job for you.
#yaaawwns,
wa†z d †ym boy.?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by FruityLass: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2015
Kidnap, steal, rob her from boyfy

Simple.
Thank me later
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by excellencyabia1: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
so op what is your point?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2015
dharay99:
& yhu †ink I'll read
yhur lonq s†ory huh...k

Nexxx†.!
I know you won't read cuz you don't always read.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by blackmarya(f): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2015
what a story...you know what?

keep it up! kiss.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2015
excellencyabia1:
so op what is your point?

You need to start with Edet in Calabar to improve your level of understand
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by dharay99: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
VenusBetty:
I know you won't read cuz you don't always read.
& dah†z enuff reason ²cry on me huh...
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
OP, I have read the story like 3times, absolute nothing wrong with your love life.

Accept Gbemi as a sister.
And leave Vivian to her boyfriend, you girlfriend snatcher!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by phillipay: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Try steal vivian away from her boyfriend nd if she doesn't want to be stolen sure you gon find another girl since from your story it doesn't take long for you to like a girl
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by jimmyolasun: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Whew!! @op, so yur opened a thread just to attack those whose comments "you don't like" try learn to ignore nairalanders first. Apply this also in yur "love life" and u gonna see changes..
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
op we are not in history ckass abeg, summary pls
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by excellencyabia1: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
obum88:

You need to start with Edet in Calabar to improve your level of understand
you say?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by chomytex(f): 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Reminds me of a korean movie i watched"boys before flowers"..gbemi might come back bt it might be too late then...u are wasting ur time with vivian..it's either she choose u or her bf..wish u luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Love Life? by 2special10: 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
No harm done cool

(1) (Reply)

One Word For This Couple / For Catholics/christians: A Message Sent From A Seminarian To His Love / 9 Important Benefits Of Sex For Both Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.