Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View (3791 Views)

Why Amaechi Is Angry, Criticizes Me – Wike / Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / Nigeria Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by CharlesPhc: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
If from what we heard earlier that the Senate Ethics, Privileges and Public Petition Committee had suspended the investigation into the Petition against Amaechi is true, then what would it take the Committee Chairman and members to just put on one page as they did for the nominee from Kaduna State that was changed to Gombe State that Amaechi's case is in Court and as such 'is hereby cleared and presented for screening' by the Senate? Haba, that would be the simpliest and overnight thing to do...!!!

The true picture of things from my opinion is that Amaechi's Screening is deliberately being put on hold until the matters before the Senate Committee are investigated and authenticated.

If Amaechi claimed that the case is before a Court, he may have furnished the Committee with Court details and these would need to be checked or investigated.

My Take…!!!
The case that was in Court and had already been determined (which was instituted by Amaechi himself) was the legality of the RSG or jurisdiction of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry to investigate the activities of the Rotimi Amaechi’s Administration during a specific period of years. The case has already been determined by a competent Court in Rivers State. Amaechi lost and is yet to Appeal that judgment.
Ameachi later filed a suit in Court against the State PDP Chairman and PDP for labeling him a thief (Libel & Defamation of Character) requesting Billions as damages. Case File has not been assigned, parties have not been served etc. No Court has given any order barring anyone from investigating or petitioning Amaechi and as such the Senate Committee is mindful of these and must act accordingly without fear or favour.

Meanwhile…!!!
If the case against his corrupt allegation was before the Court, the Judicial Panel of Inquiry would not have sat, concluded its sitting and submitted its findings to the RSG. It would amount to Abuse or Contempt of Court.

If the case was in Court, the RSG would not have issued a White Paper on the Judicial Commission of Inquiry's Recommendation.

Conclusion
Ameachi has questions to answer period...!! His screening and confirmation is now a case of conscience, integrity and morality by the Senate and the Presidency. Judging by Political manipulation however, he may have his way now but he should not forget the old adage "99 days for a thief, but 1 day is for the owner of the house"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by kemlily(f): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
HMmmmm okay
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by zik4ever: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Negotiations still ongoing apparently.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by CharlesPhc: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
zik4ever:
Negotiations still ongoing apparently.....

Seriously and both parties are refusing to shift ground

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by zik4ever: 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
CharlesPhc:

Seriously and both parties are refusing to shift ground
You really get it! I am not surprised at all given the personalities involved. Rivers case is peculiar -most others have worked out their "differences".

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by IykeChukz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
Too controversial and complicated...

Let him learn a lesson for once.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by staymore: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
But his name is still on the headline has the 10th nominee to be screened today.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by ddippset(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Seriously me thinks at this stage it's got nothing to do with written petitions or wike's witch hunt. Amaechis been used as bait to secure a soft landing for Saraki. They want charges on Saraki waived. Especially with anyanwu and dino melaye who are fore front Saraki supporters being the main men in the ethics committee. That's what it is!

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by HzRF(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
staymore:
But his name is still on the headline has the 10th nominee to be screened today.
It has been delisted negotiations still on going

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by UmuEri(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Even before he was delisted, I had told them that Amaechi will not be screened. But they doubted me.

https://www.nairaland.com/2664486/amaechi-not-screened-he-been

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
If the Senate fails to screen him, the President is empowered to swear him in after 21 working days as a minister by section 147 (6) of the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
ddippset:
Seriously me thinks at this stage it's got nothing to do with written petitions or wike's witch hunt. Amaechis been used as bait to secure a soft landing for Saraki. They want charges on Saraki waived. Especially with anyanwu and dino melaye who are fore front Saraki supporters being the main men in the ethics committee. That's what it is!
"going by what you just posted, do you believe that the 'change' chanting is a scam"?

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
UmuEri:
Even before he was delisted, I had told them that Amaechi will not be screened. But they doubted me.

https://www.nairaland.com/2664486/amaechi-not-screened-he-been
Within 21 working days, Buhari may go ahead to swear in Amaechi as a minister, whether or not the Senate screens him, in line with section 147 (6) of the Constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
lalasticlala ...this debate is getting hot shocked
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by CharlesPhc: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If the Senate fails to screen him, the President is empowered to swear him in after 21 working days as a minister by section 147 (6) of the Constitution.

Section 147 (6) An appointment to any of the offices aforesaid shall be deemed to have been made where no return has been received from the Senate within twenty-one working days of the receipt of nomination by the Senate.

That would amount to an affront, disrespect on the Powers of the Legislators.
Secondly, if he is rejected, the Senate will put the President on notice

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The senate would have to reject him before the 21 days elapse then.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
CharlesPhc:

That would amount to an affront, disrespect on the Powers of the Legislators

The constitution only gives the president powers to go ahead and appoint him if only THE SENATE TAKES NO ACTION 21 DAYS AFTER THE NOMINEES NAME IS SENT.If the senate go ahead and rejects him before the 21 days elapses,he would not be a Minister

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

The senate would have to reject him before the 21 days elapse then.
21 working days starts from 30-09-2015, when Saraki received the letter from Buhari. It's now day 10.
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

The constitution only gives the president powers to go ahead and appoint him if only THE SENATE TAKES NO ACTION 21 DAYS AFTER THE NOMINEES NAME IS SENT.If the senate go ahead and rejects him before the 21 days elapses,he would not be a Minister
I believe you are refering to your village association's constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
CharlesPhc:

Section 147 (6) An appointment to any of the offices aforesaid shall be deemed to have been made where no return has been received from the Senate within twenty-one working days of the receipt of nomination by the Senate.

That would amount to an affront, disrespect on the Powers of the Legislators.
Secondly, if he is rejected, the Senate will put the President on notice
Who has more power between the Constitution and the legislators?

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by temitemi1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
Beremx what's happeninig to ur man friend nah grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Candyrain(m): 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

KPONKWEM!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Candyrain(m): 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Within 21 working days, Buhari may go ahead to swear in Amaechi as a minister, whether or not the Senate screens him, in line with section 147 (6) of the Constitution.

So where's the power of the Senate if the President can overrule their collective decision? If what you are saying is the case then the Senate should be scrapped, it means they are of no use.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Candyrain:

So where's the power of the Senate if the President can overrule their collective decision? If what you are saying is the case then the Senate should be scrapped, it means they are of no use.
If the President decides to go ahead and use section 147 (6), it won't be unilateral, but constitutional.
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by Candyrain(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If the President decides to go ahead and use section 147 (6), it won't be unilateral, but constitutional.

Here's what that place states

What I understand here is that the president will assume that his nominees have been cleared and accepted by the Senate if he doesn't get a feedback from them (the Senate) after 21days of submitting their (the nominees) names to the Senate. But in a situation where a nominee is rejected and the president was made aware of this within the 21-day period then there's nothing the president can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by ddippset(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"going by what you just posted, do you believe that the 'change' chanting is a scam"?
It would be unrealistic and hypocritical to expect a 100 %change over night. Of course there is a lot of change from the Jonathan regime, when civility went to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by LoopsPR: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Please it wont take up to 5mins to fill out my survey. Pls help me its very urgent and important. God bless you very much here is the link;

https:///LX73Ho

Thank you.
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by drss(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
dat section is talking about where d senate fails to screen a minister nominee, or his/her confirmation has not been send to d president, the president has d power to appoint him after 21 working days. But if the senate screened and reject the minister nominee notifying him, d president will have to look for another one.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
drss:

dat section is talking about where d senate fails to screen a minister nominee, or his/her confirmation has not been send to d president, the president reserve has d power to appoint him after 21 working days. But if the senate screened and reject the minister nominee, d president will have to look for another one.
Has Amaechi been screened?
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by drss(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Has Amaechi been screened?
not yet. But he will be screen. after d screening, he will rejected by d senate.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
drss:
not yet. But he will be screen. after d screening, he will rejected by d senate.
The confirmation of any nominee lies in the gavel of Saraki, irrespective of the outcome of the voice vote.
Re: Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View by philips70(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Anybody who still thinks Amaechi will not be screened and confirmed is still a learner. Whatever they are doing is just due diligence. Saraki is trying to buy the heart of his party which he's doing very well and he will be the last man who will fail Amaechi in that senate. Even Ekweremadu will do everything to make sure he is confirmed. At the end of the day the hawks in Rivers state with their bitter filled heart will be left in limbo licking their wounds. Amaechi, wherever he is right now is calmer than Wike and all his transducers.
Let me reiterate the APC will never allow their poster boy and slayer to go down for some local warriors in Portharcourt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! IPOB Protest Happening Now In Aba Over Buhari's Statement / This Message Was Sent To Me On Whatsapp, Who Else Get The Message. / See The Igbo Man Who Wants To Be Governor Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.