Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate (1531 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) / Police Bow To Pressure, Releases Detained Premium Times journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2015
The meaning of the bow that ppl don't know; Matthew 4: 8 - 10 "8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me (bowing down). 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

My question is:
What will happen if a nominee refuses to bow?.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by Nhenhye(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2015
He/She looses the nomination.Pls moderator FP so we can b enligthened...

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by slapandfall(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2015
Incase.. #investment
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by kelch19(m): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2015
Hmmm..na e be say u no want the ministerial appointment na.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by gabinogem(m): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2015
If u cannot respect ur fellow man, how can u respect or serve God in humility?... Give honour to whom honour is due... If he refuses to bow, it shows that he's not inline with the screening proceedings & he shouldn't be there in the first place.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by Chylo(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Why do you bow when you greet your father. Is your father devil too?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Chylo:
Why do you bow when you greet your father. Is your father devil too?

Is Saraki Ngige's father?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by Ugomba(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2015
They bow to the mess which is a symbol of Nigeria Legislature Authority.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by managermahmud: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2015
Your scripture tells u not to fornicate, but you do it comfortably. So what are we sayin?? undecided
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 7:25am On Oct 15, 2015
gabinogem:
If u cannot respect ur fellow man, how can u respect or serve God in humility?... Give honour to whom honour is due... If he refuses to bow, it shows that he's not inline with the screening proceedings & he shouldn't be there in the first place.

You call it respect to humanity when the same senator or commissioner will withold the fund meant for the masses for selfish use?

My brothers and sisters, this is all about rich and fame and it was handed over to the Devil by the first man Adam. He who has ear let him hear.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2015
Ugomba:
They bow to the mess which is a symbol of Nigeria Legislature Authority.

"Idol"
Symbol is a token, representative of a covenant between people maybe u don't know what that means. Mess is symbol of covenant, oneness of Nigeria on an altar somewhere (in river Niger I heard) is a representative of that spirit to human world to witness the events. So, when u bow down to it, u've bowed down to the source (the devil) plz make una understand this life.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2015
managermahmud:
Your scripture tells u not to fornicate, but you do it comfortably. So what are we sayin?? undecided

How do u know I fornicates?
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by opalu: 7:51am On Oct 15, 2015
Taking a bow doesn't mean the context in which people bow to God.
This bow to senate is like bowing to your elders and parents when you greet them. It's like calling a judge 'my lord'.
Shey you grab?
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by afoo02(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2015
victorazy:

Is Saraki Ngige's father?
. GBAM
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2015
afoo02:
. GBAM

grin
U know because we lack knowledge that's why white ppl dey use us.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by victorazy(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2015
opalu:
Taking a bow doesn't mean the context in which people bow to God.
This bow to senate is like bowing to your elders and parents when you greet them. It's like calling a judge 'my lord'.
Shey you grab?

I got ur point.
Can I ask you?
Must we bow to our elders?

Who is Lord? This is ur superior, person that has authority over you.

Even ur parents can be ur lord at a certain age and time but not God.

My question is that, must you bow to them?
When u bow, what are u bowing to and what for?

When I bow to my elder, I bow to respect BECAUSE of their age and experience.

...But when u bow to the senate, what do u bow for because I don't think Saraki is older than Ngige or Onu.

Plz reply sir.
Re: The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate by gabinogem(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2015
victorazy:

You call it respect to humanity when the same senator or commissioner will withold the fund meant for the masses for selfish use?

My brothers and sisters, this is all about rich and fame and it was handed over to the Devil by the first man Adam. He who has ear let him hear.
Because there was sin in heaven shouldn't stop the rituals/activities going on there... Tackle the crime not the good Morale.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Now Is Best Time To Act, World Bank Tells Buhari / Open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu By General Adebayo Adeyinka / Breaking: Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.