Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... (3813 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Diezani To Visit Prophet T. B Joshua As Condition Worsens - Daily Post / Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2963110_facebook20151015031043_jpeg96df85cb3ad699eaf9b3b6a0269fade7

Quick facts:

Do you know that individuals studying Medicine & Surgery in Imo State University stay nothing less than 10 years in med school? (Not by their own fault)

Do you know that in the recently concluded accreditation exercise conducted by the NUC, Medicine & Surgery along with 4 to 5 other notable departments (including Law, Nursing & Med Lab Science) in Imo State University lost accreditation?

Do you know that the Nigerian Medical Council (NMC) would be heading there by Nov/Dec to conduct a separate screening exercise? & if the NMC accreditation is lost, their stay in Med School would be lengthened by 4 to 6years?

Check this thread: www.nairaland.com/1162187/imsu-medical-students-protest-imo#13829239

The situation at Imo State University Teaching Hospital is one that calls for divine intervention.

As I type this, the doctors are on strike, the wards are near empty, the med & nursing students are hopeless, helpless & lost.

Rochas is nowhere to be found. No funds have been released to 'fix' the place. The Accreditation team would soon be on their way.

This is a plea to #SaveIMSUTH

Now here's the news:

the students of Imo State University Medical School under the body of Imo State Uni Medical students association (IMSUMSA) plan to take to the streets today (in a repeat of the protest that took place in 2013)

They are pleading that Rochas Okorocha should come to their "rescue".

This would be a peaceful but highly disruptive protest.

[size=24pt] #SaveIMSUTH [/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2963109_photogrid1444891556339_jpeg2f2c6f39eb90e9676c5b451e81fe1e00

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by NOBODYY: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by chidekings(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Any smooth talker is a cheat,Rochas and fayose are among the worst governors in Nigeria .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 15, 2015
That boy Rochas hm I no understand again ooh no road good uncompleted projects every where unpaid salaries hm hm hm Rochas hm

2 Likes

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2015
"You voted for 'ASALA' and you want it to be as sweet as strawberry, you have criminal my brother". Quote me anywhere

4 Likes

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by kelch19(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2015
This is really serious..ROCHAS na beg I dey beg.please attend to this problem asap

3 Likes

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by Stangeneral(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2015
Okorocha was not interested in dis governors chair he aimed high bt as condition would be he landed in d gov seat.pls my fellow student d best u can do is to pray nothing z above prayer
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"You voted for 'ASALA' and you want it to be as sweet as strawberry, you have criminal my brother". Quote me anywhere

In the recently concluded elections, didn't you notice the "power tussle" between himself & Emeka Ihedioha?
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
SaveImsuth
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by maupe: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
Make your plea to your govenor who, is more concerned with throwing parties everyday of the week, and dancing Shoki.
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Abagworo says it's a lie undecided.

2 Likes

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by abagoro(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
Lest we forget

http://okgist.com.ng/blog/2013/09/after-15-years-imo-state-university-graduates-first-set-55-medical-doctors/

At last, the Imo State University Teaching
Hospital
Orlu, has finally graduated 55 of its fifth set of
medical
doctors, fifteen years after. Okgist gathered that
the fresh medical graduands had spent not less
than 15 years at the medical institution due to
the period of non-accreditation of the medical
programme as well as strikes.
At the oath-taking ceremony yesterday, a
of the Federal House of Representatives, Jerry
Alagbaso,
who chaired the event, had challenged the new
medical
doctors to be good ambassadors of their alma-
mater and
uphold the ethics of the profession.
The law maker admonished them to be religious
in
discharging their professional obligations saying
“bear in mind that you have the supreme task of
saving lives first before any other thing.”
Alagbaso, applauded the Chief Medical Director
of
IMSUTH, Dr. Chijioke Nzewuihe, management of
both Imo
State University and IMSUTH for making the
graduation
of the doctors a reality.
Vice Chancellor of IMSU, Prof. Ukachukwu
Awuzie,
in his speech, had expressed satisfaction with
the
graduating doctors for persevering to the end.
Awuzie also appreciated their parents for toiling
day and night to make the dreams of their
children come
through.
The Chief Medical Director of IMSUTH, Dr.
Chijioke
Nzewuihe, described the graduation of the
doctors as historic and unique, stating, “under
my administration, two sets of doctors have been
turned out.”
Nzewuihe said that the target of IMSUTH is to
embark on programmes and services that will
make the institution a centre of excellence and
promised to give his best
towards the objective. High points of the
colourful ceremony were the formal induction of
the 55 new doctors after their professional oath.
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
I am still searching for those that called me names while I was trying to expose the real Rochas Rochas and his incompetence.Rochas is nothing but a loudmouthed empty brain who has turned Imo state government to a charity organisation. Imo state has been ran to the ground by Rochas welfarist policies....Any reasonable administrator should know Imo is too poor to award free education up to tertiary institutions. No feasibility studies,no poverty mapping no clear ideology on how to uplift Imo and make it one of the most desirable destination. The f.ool just dey share money like fada crismas. What a waste of energy and time. But I don't feel sorry for ndi Imo because they got exactly what they deserve. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
abagoro:
Lest we forget

http://okgist.com.ng/blog/2013/09/after-15-years-imo-state-university-graduates-first-set-55-medical-doctors/

At last, the Imo State University Teaching
Hospital
Orlu, has finally graduated 55 of its fifth set of
medical
doctors, fifteen years after. Okgist gathered that
the fresh medical graduands had spent not less
than 15 years at the medical institution due to
the period of non-accreditation of the medical
programme as well as strikes.
At the oath-taking ceremony yesterday, a
of the Federal House of Representatives, Jerry
Alagbaso,
who chaired the event, had challenged the new
medical
doctors to be good ambassadors of their alma-
mater and
uphold the ethics of the profession.
The law maker admonished them to be religious
in
discharging their professional obligations saying
“bear in mind that you have the supreme task of
saving lives first before any other thing.”
Alagbaso, applauded the Chief Medical Director
of
IMSUTH, Dr. Chijioke Nzewuihe, management of
both Imo
State University and IMSUTH for making the
graduation
of the doctors a reality.
Vice Chancellor of IMSU, Prof. Ukachukwu
Awuzie,
in his speech, had expressed satisfaction with
the
graduating doctors for persevering to the end.
Awuzie also appreciated their parents for toiling
day and night to make the dreams of their
children come
through.
The Chief Medical Director of IMSUTH, Dr.
Chijioke
Nzewuihe, described the graduation of the
doctors as historic and unique, stating, “under
my administration, two sets of doctors have been
turned out.”
Nzewuihe said that the target of IMSUTH is to
embark on programmes and services that will
make the institution a centre of excellence and
promised to give his best
towards the objective. High points of the
colourful ceremony were the formal induction of
the 55 new doctors after their professional oath.

This report was dated 12 September 2013. Just trying to point that out.

1 Like

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
embarassed

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by abagoro(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

This report was dated 12 September 2013. Just trying to point that out.

Yes. IMSUTH had no accreditation until Rochas Okorocha became Governor in 2011. They got accreditation in 2013 to graduate the 1st set of medical Doctors. NMA accreditation is not easy.
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by abagoro(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
They also graduated 56 in 2014. So its obvious the issue started this 2015. I guess its all about politics because this year's politicking was taken too far.

www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2014/09/imsuth-graduates-56-doctors
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
abagoro:
They also graduated 56 in 2014. So its obvious the issue started this 2015. I guess its all about politics because this year's politicking was taken too far.

www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2014/09/imsuth-graduates-56-doctors

you are something else; i would have said you're an animal, but that would be an insult to animals. angry
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by AlomoReloaded: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
Lalasticlala, front page naa!!! No be if person paste topless pictures of toto dicke, una go put am for front page!!!!! sad angry angry
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
im still ttrying to upload the pictures.. apparently, they are too large
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2015
we were protesting peacefully...

1 Like

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by Pavore9: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
While he is eager to build schools in the North! angry
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by TinieAA: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
Right now in Owerri the State capital of Imo State at Okigwe Road roundabout the Student Doctors of Imsuth orlu who are currently undergoing a peaceful protest over non payment of salaries, deplorable condition of the hospital and the 10 years duration of its medical school, are now been beaten up and tear gassed by the Nigerian Police on the order of Governor Rochas Okorocha...please help ‪#‎SaveImsuth‬

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
armed personnel started arriving in large numbers

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
we continued protesting in peace...

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
they started harrassing us; the next thing we saw was tear gas embarassed embarassed

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
embarassed

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by Yeske2(m): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
Too bad
Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
shocked

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
sad

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
embarassed embarassed cry cry

Re: The Situation In Imo State University Worsens... by imsuboi(m): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
cry lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Greets His Favorite Hausa Musician At The Kaduna Music Festival / Breaking News : Amaechi Urges Army Chief Not To Send Igbo Soldiers To Rivers / See The Sticker NANS Produced To Protest Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.