Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,863 members, 7,841,245 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (64428 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah Visits Proforce Vehicles (Photos) / Buhari Urges Okechukwu Enelamah To Join Cabinet / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by repogirl(f): 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
Make he do do start work abeg, our economy needs serious ginger! angry
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by kolafas1: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
TheImp:
Don't know much about him but his CV seems impressive. For the 2nd time running Abia gets Finance Minister, Okonjo now him.
Okonjo from delta state
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by ZYZZA: 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
nobeku:
Remain like that in Jesus name.. Say Amen?
mumu
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Goke7: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
hope pdp will not come again and say they discovered him two years ago to replace NOI. grin
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by seangy4konji: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
Let's make love.not war
FreeGlobe:

you must be from that side too
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by oviejnr(m): 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
The Biafrian won't see this now, good to know they stopped saying PMB is prejudice
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by ekeneidiagbor: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
I knew a lot of speculations wud arise being that the presidency did not attach portfolios to the list of nominees. However, the Senate should av insisted on the portfolios which wud av allowed for a more credible assessment of the nominees.. Senators asked questions based on their idea of which ministry a nominee welll serve. The candidates were not rigorously stretched intellectually, more disappointing is that, some where given priviledges on the basis that they were former members of the senate. Truthfully, writing a jamb examination is more difficult than that jamboree of a screening. The screening reminds me of christain campus fellowship screening. No commitee was assigned d duty of actually scrutinizing these nominees, even the existing commitees deliberating on salient sectors were clueless of its activites.. .Maybe the president shud be blamed for leaving out the portfolios of the nominees.

Put simply the senate was either not prepared or were in a hurry.

What's the essence of assessing a nominee on aspects of science and technology and then he is taken to culture and tourism... As far as am concerned we can only infer the nominees based on the various field of study but they may not reflect the mind of the president.

5 Likes

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by CSTR2: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
They would mess this man up.
I seriously hope he does not accept this.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
At Harvard Business School, the top academic honor is the Baker Scholar designation given to only the top 5% of the class. Nigeria has some real great minds and I am sure he would do great as the minister of finance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by CSTR2: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
sirmobol:
What then do we give Kemi Adeosun ...
?
I have compared both CVs and professional achievements.
Adeosun or whoever she is, is relatively a learner.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Ayibaba1: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
Buhari's cabinet is taken shape gradually, and I must confess that I am impressed with the number of technocrats that would be working with him. Wherever they come from, east or west, south or north is actually inconsequential, what we need is a Nigeria that works, that we can all be proud of.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by nobeku: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
ZYZZA:
mumu
Wetin happen? Abi you no dey proud of being a wailer again? And you said you hate APC.. Self acclaimed.. REMAIN like that for life in Jesus name.. HATING AND WAILING...
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Ayibaba1: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
CSTR2:

A learner with over 25 years experience in both private and public sector

You really need help!

2 Likes

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by trustdanalhaji(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
Johnpaul2k2:
[size=14pt]I knew it

when it comes to anything economy, leave it for the IGBO

Yorubas are used to miscalculations and Hausa don't know anything other than marrying 10 years old Girls[/size]
A good citizen of Nigeria will not insult any tribe of the country because we are all Nigerians. I think you are not well educated, you should go back to school

1 Like

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Eastlink(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
kolafas1:
Okonjo from delta state
She was nominated to represent Abia state by Abians themselves. Orubebe took the slot of Delta.

3 Likes

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Adelaide2: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
theV0ice:

grin grin

Funny but true. If it goes like this, with Fashola getting works, Onu getting power or science and tech, Fayemi getting external affairs, I'm OK.

Onu Science and Tech? What has been his recent science and tech pedigree to warrant that particular position?
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by neocortex: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
Zuria:

Because it's Thursday and I'm letting my hair down grin grin grin

Really
This thursday must be special, what is happening ?
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by arsenal33: 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
Johnpaul2k2:
[size=14pt]I knew it

Yorubas are used to miscalculations and Hausa don't know anything other than marrying 10 years old Girls[/size]
h

I thought Buhari does not trust igbos!

WA.L.RS see yourselves
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by CSTR2: 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ayibaba1:

A learner with over 25 years experience in both private and public sector

You really need help!
You don't know the meaning of ''relative'', do you?
A 5 year stint at goldman sacchs is better than 10 years experience at UBA.
Comparing her professional experience and achievements with enemalah, adeosun is a learner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
TheImp:
Don't know much about him but his CV seems impressive. For the 2nd time running Abia gets Finance Minister, Okonjo now him.

how does having two finance minsters from a state back to back ur headache?. ppl and unnecessary wahala.

1 Like

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Eastlink:
She was nominated to represent Abia state by Abians themselves. Orubebe took the slot of Delta.

wrong there was an emeka nwogu from Abia in charge of labour ministry. okonjo came under extra six geopolitical zone. she did represent Abia sha.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by OYIBN: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
An lgbo man is the Governor of Central bank. It is very unlikely an lgbo man would head Ministry of Finance.Can't leave our economy in the hands of lbos alone, more so an lbo man will be the Minister of State of Petroleum resources. Not with the lgbos wanting to break away. We need to be careful.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by tng(f): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
Johnpaul2k2:
[size=14pt]I knew it

How stupid can people get?
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
CSTR2:

Ermm ok. CV comparing expert. What are you teaching teaching her? Or what do you recommend She learns?
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by onatisi(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
If this news is true ,then that man is making a great mistake he will later regret. NigeriA political appointment will ribbishh ones career and reputation.I wish him the best any way

1 Like

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by kinmayor(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
Congrats in advance
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by tuniski: 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
seunmsg:
He has a very impressive CV. He's eminently qualified to head the finance ministry if PMB in his discretion deploys him there. I just pray he won't turn out to be another NOI who only achieved statistical economic growth without any reflection and improvement in the lives of most Nigerians.
my brother I can bet you that is exactly what will happen. The reality of the people and the statistics though real doesn't sell govt. Cos if u have 100m hungry people and u reduce 2m out of that. While 2m is some movement the remaining 98m will make this to look like a lie from pit of hell.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by 400billionman: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo boys to the rescue.

NNPC and FINANCE ministry.

Una wan try. ?

2 Likes

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
omenka:
Until their respective portfolios are officially disclosed by the presidency, everything remains a speculation to me.

Everything remains speculation except the fact that Fulani herdsmen are on rampage in your state.

1 Like

Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by playboy19(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
Dummb newspaper for dummb people. How can an investment banker be qualified for a post of a minister of finance? Does it even make any sense? Whatever happen to the post of a minister for trade and investment?

And all these kids are already shouting about. Can't think on their own. Future leaders indeed.
Re: Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria by blackpanda: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo man in finance
Choi we are in trouble! shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hand-Cuff, Leg Chain Removed From Igboho, As Security Grants Him Access To Wife / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Deborah Samuel: Police Fire Live Bullets At Protesters In Sokoto, Scores Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.