Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323546 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
ijenma1:
HI VO,

my husband is a US citizen, he filed for an I-130 since April of last year . we are still yet to get an approval. I put to bed last month, my husband is planning to visit next month so we can register our baby's birth at the embassy. how possible is it for me to apply for a visiting visa to spend Christmas with my husband while we still await an approval from uscis .

Approval of immigrant petitions are all handled by USCIS so unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that process - That being said, sure, you can apply for a B1/B2 visa but there is no guarantee that it will be approved.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello officer. I am an American man married to a Nigerian woman.she had applied for a tourist visa in the past but she was denied.on that application she lied that she was married but she was single.That was two years ago. Now I want to file the I130 so she can come here to be with me. Please will the lie destroy her coming here? Or do I sell my home and relocate to Nigeria instead? I don't want to waste my time on filling if she will be denied because of previous lie on visa
Thanks. Worried American
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ijenma1: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
thanks for the response .its really frustrating to wait this long and also care for a baby alone .
LagosNIV:

Approval of immigrant petitions are all handled by USCIS so unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that process - That being said, sure, you can apply for a B1/B2 visa but there is no guarantee that it will be approved.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Dozillion:
Hello officer. I am an American man married to a Nigerian woman.she had applied for a tourist visa in the past but she was denied.on that application she lied that she was married but she was single.That was two years ago. Now I want to file the I130 so she can come here to be with me. Please will the lie destroy her coming here? Or do I sell my home and relocate to Nigeria instead? I don't want to waste my time on filling if she will be denied because of previous lie on visa
Thanks. Worried American

If you are actually married now, then she is entitled to an immigrant visa; HOWEVER, she will, of course, face additional scrutiny and may be requested to provide additional information as proof that she was not actually married at the time of her NIV application.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks for your response officer. May I know how she can prove that she was never married at the time of the NIv interview.? What type of documents does she have to present to prove that she was never married at that time? What are the acceptable documents? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 01, 2016
LagosNIV:

If you are actually married now, then she is entitled to an immigrant visa; HOWEVER, she will, of course, face additional scrutiny and may be requested to provide additional information as proof that she was not actually married at the time of her NIV application.

The word entitled threw me off here.

Did you mean entitled to an immigrant visa or entitled to apply for an immigrant visa?

I've always through visas were a privilege and not a right.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dozillion:
Thanks for your response officer. May I know how she can prove that she was never married at the time of the NIv interview.? What type of documents does she have to present to prove that she was never married at that time? What are the acceptable documents? Thanks

She will have to interview and they may make specific requests. Unfortunately, this is the position she has put herself in by misrepresenting on previous applications. I would also caution against fabricating documents to 'prove' the previous marriage as that can lead to a permanent ineligibility.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The word entitled threw me off here.

Did you mean entitled to an immigrant visa or entitled to apply for an immigrant visa?

I've always through visas were a privilege and not a right.

Thanks.

Immigrant visas are entitled to individuals based on a qualifying relationship. For non-immigrant visas this is not the case.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by medeay(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good day to you CO..... My Cr1 case has been completed since 20th of july 2016 and i am yet to receive interview date. According to NVC, Lagos embassy is yet to schedule interview for me. I just want to know if the interview schedule for september is closed or there is still hope for me to get scheduled for september interview. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
medeay:
Good day to you CO..... My Cr1 case has been completed since 20th of july 2016 and i am yet to receive interview date. According to NVC, Lagos embassy is yet to schedule interview for me. I just want to know if the interview schedule for september is closed or there is still hope for me to get scheduled for september interview. Thanks

We will contact you to schedule the interview as soon as we receive your case file - but this often takes several weeks. USCIS will box up the file and send it to the embassy here. I don't have a reliable way of predicting when you will be asked to interview without having the file on hand.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hi, I'm applying for a k1 and I just checked the ceac website and it says ready. I'm a little confused because I and my fiancee have not received the packet 3 or an appointment letter. So the question is should we go ahead and pay the visa fee or wait till we get an appointment letter?

You will get more instructions as your appointment date nears - that being said, the fees won't have to be paid until the interview date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by purplecircle: 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Dear VO, what can i do if the email attached to my profile application has issues. And requesting for a reset means a link will be sent to it & i do not have access to it as a result of the issue.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
purplecircle:
Dear VO, what can i do if the email attached to my profile application has issues. And requesting for a reset means a link will be sent to it & i do not have access to it as a result of the issue.

You should call the help desk (information on the application website) for assistance with this.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bleek147(m): 3:36am On Aug 06, 2016
LagosNIV:

If you have not met in person, it will not be reaffirmed. This is a requirement of the K-1 visa.

so why do they approoved it at the first place, they knew we have not met. they approoved it for us to waste money right. this is too bad.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fneboy: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.