Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322976 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
janice321:

Thank you so much, can he file after the wedding in US without coming to Nigeria or what do you advice because the health challenges of the spouses require him to want to stay

Filing for him while he is in the US is technically an abuse of the B1/B2 visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by janice321: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Thank you , so he should return to Nigeria before filling .
But I have to say this,, he was previously married but divorced hope it is not wrong

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by africraig: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello VO,

My interview comes up soon, and I just concluded my medical examinations, and it came back well.But the physician said he has to carry out a TB test on me and the result will be available in 8weeks time.Will it affect the outcome of my interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
janice321:
Thank you , so he should return to Nigeria before filling .
But I have to say this,, he was previously married but divorced hope it is not wrong

There are no problems with this, he just has to be legally divorced at the time of the marriage - problems with this sometimes arise when individuals get legally married even though they aren't officially/legally divorced yet. When that happens, the newer marriage is actually legally nullified and it's like it never happened.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
africraig:
Hello VO,

My interview comes up soon, and I just concluded my medical examinations, and it came back well.But the physician said he has to carry out a TB test on me and the result will be available in 8weeks time.Will it affect the outcome of my interview?

This won't affect your interview - we may have to wait until the results come back before the visa can be printed, but this is a separate issue. The interview is all about determining if a qualified relationship exists.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by janice321: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
LagosNIV:

There are no problems with this, he just has to be legally divorced at the time of the marriage - problems with this sometimes arise when individuals get legally married even though they aren't officially/legally divorced yet. When that happens, the newer marriage is actually legally nullified and it's like it never happened.
Thank you so much, but the clarification I want is that, should he returned back to Nigeria after marriage on his B2 visa while the wife file later for him. Then what type of visa should be applied for??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
janice321:

Thank you so much, but the clarification I want is that, should he returned back to Nigeria after marriage on his B2 visa while the wife file later for him. Then what type of visa should be applied for??

Yes, he should return to Nigeria for you to apply. If you are already married you are applying for a IR-1/CR-1 visa.

If you want to apply before you are married (and then get married in the US), you could also apply for a K-1 visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kokobongo: 7:08am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello VO,

My fiancé is about to start filing for our K1 visa now. As she required her naturalisation letter to file which she had misplaced and its talking so long to get another one. However, she's going to start without it now. I meet some who advised me to also request for a business visa so I went ahead to pay the visa fee got an appointment for the 27th of this month. This person inviting is on a business purpose. I'm yet to fill the D.S 160 form. But I have now changed my mind on it. Pls advise how do I cancel the appointment. Also I mistakenly quoted a wrong date of birth for my mum the last time I applied which is 2 years ago. Now that I'm applying for a k1 should I maintain the wrong DOB for my mum or state the correct one.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Teeforeal(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello VO, please i want to ask if my wife's sibling(senior)who is a us citizen can file for her to become green card as well.We are married with kids already,thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Teeforeal(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello VO, please i want to ask if my wife's sibling(senior)who is a us citizen can file for her to become green card holder as well.We are married with kids already,thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2016
kokobongo:
Hello VO,

My fiancé is about to start filing for our K1 visa now. As she required her naturalisation letter to file which she had misplaced and its talking so long to get another one. However, she's going to start without it now. I meet some who advised me to also request for a business visa so I went ahead to pay the visa fee got an appointment for the 27th of this month. This person inviting is on a business purpose. I'm yet to fill the D.S 160 form. But I have now changed my mind on it. Pls advise how do I cancel the appointment. Also I mistakenly quoted a wrong date of birth for my mum the last time I applied which is 2 years ago. Now that I'm applying for a k1 should I maintain the wrong DOB for my mum or state the correct one.

Thanks

You can cancel an appointment on the same site where you booked the appointment.

As far as information goes, you should always provide correct information. If a mistake was made in the past, provide the correct information now. Trying to cover up mistakes is in fact misrepresentation and can lead to ineligibilities.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2016
Teeforeal:
Hello VO, please i want to ask if my wife's sibling(senior)who is a us citizen can file for her to become green card holder as well.We are married with kids already,thanks

Yes, there is an entire category for siblings called F-4 visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jemmiee(f): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi VO, if a US employer files for immigrant visa for a Nigerian citizen, due to employment, do
that immigrant visa include the alien's wife and children?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2016
jemmiee:
Hi VO, if a US employer files for immigrant visa for a Nigerian citizen, due to employment, do
that immigrant visa include the alien's wife and children?

Everything is dependent on the visa class - what visa class is this? You can learn more about it on the website as it clearly outlines which classes allows for derivatives.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ejiro2006(f): 5:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Hello VO,

I want to thank you for your continued help on this forum, it is well appreciated.
We collected our visas last week but found out this morning that our son's gender was wrongly stated as 'female'. Please what do we do?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2016
ejiro2006:
Hello VO,

I want to thank you for your continued help on this forum, it is well appreciated.
We collected our visas last week but found out this morning that our son's gender was wrongly stated as 'female'. Please what do we do?

Errors such as these carried over from the initial application that you filled out - contact the embassy at LagosIV@state.gov to get more information about bring this back to be corrected.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dear Amiable Vo,how are you doing and how is your family,hope all is well? A friend of mine needed assistance so I decided to get answers from the horse's mouth by asking you. He was invited to the US by a woman last year after they met on Facebook, so he applied for a tourist visa. He LIED on the b1/b2 visa that he was married with a son,regardless, he was denied that visa. The lady visited him afterwards and filled for him and they have been truthful on the I130 and ds260 forms. His interview comes up soon and he seeks to know if...
(1) The issue of the last denied tourist visa would come up?
(2)Since this current petition is a marriage-based immigration, does the previous lie about being married constitute fraud or material misrepresentation?
(3)He intends to be completely honest during his interview, will this help in any way?
(4)Would he need a waiver? And
(5)would the waiver be on the past lie on the tourist visa or would it be a waiver where his us spouse would suffer extreme hardship if not admitted? I mean,if he does need a waiver, what category of waiver would it be? Thanks my Amiable vo
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
I forgot to mention that he is legally married to the American lady
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2016
Dozillion:
Dear Amiable Vo,how are you doing and how is your family,hope all is well? A friend of mine needed assistance so I decided to get answers from the horse's mouth by asking you. He was invited to the US by a woman last year after they met on Facebook, so he applied for a tourist visa. He LIED on the b1/b2 visa that he was married with a son,regardless, he was denied that visa. The lady visited him afterwards and filled for him and they have been truthful on the I130 and ds260 forms. His interview comes up soon and he seeks to know if...
(1) The issue of the last denied tourist visa would come up?
(2)Since this current petition is a marriage-based immigration, does the previous lie about being married constitute fraud or material misrepresentation?
(3)He intends to be completely honest during his interview, will this help in any way?
(4)Would he need a waiver? And
(5)would the waiver be on the past lie on the tourist visa or would it be a waiver where his us spouse would suffer extreme hardship if not admitted? I mean,if he does need a waiver, what category of waiver would it be? Thanks my Amiable vo

1. Yes, it might come up.
2. Does it constitute material misrepresentation outright? No. That being said, he now has to prove that he wasn't married at that time - the burden is on him.
3. Honesty is the only thing that will help him with the interview. The fact that he has already lied, though, will make the process a bit longer and more painful than it would be for someone who had committed to honesty from the beginning
4. It depends - they will let him know t the interview.
5. See #4
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Good morning Vo and thanks for the answers. It has been communicated to him. May God keep you healthy. Amen. Have a good day at work
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hello VO,my fiance file an i-129f for me,we got approved and we are at the nvc stage now but i have a question bothering me.i and my fiance had a baby together last year which her name has being included on our i-129f(k1)already but still need to know if my fiance need to file a k2 for our baby or not since we have her name on our k1 ,please sir/ma we need to know this before my interview date.2,for the medical aspect would she also need to do medical before coming for d interview or not .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ijenma1: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2016
HI VO,

my husband is a US citizen, he filed for an I-130 since April of last year . we are still yet to get an approval. I put to bed last month, my husband is planning to visit next month so we can register our baby's birth at the embassy. how possible is it for me to apply for a visiting visa to spend Christmas with my husband while we still await an approval from uscis .

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
wal02:
Hello VO,my fiance file an i-129f for me,we got approved and we are at the nvc stage now but i have a question bothering me.i and my fiance had a baby together last year which her name has being included on our i-129f(k1)already but still need to know if my fiance need to file a k2 for our baby or not since we have her name on our k1 ,please sir/ma we need to know this before my interview date.2,for the medical aspect would she also need to do medical before coming for d interview or not .

All you will need to do is contact USCIS and they can add the baby as a K2, that way your fiancé and baby will have the same interview date and receive their visas at the same time. You will be provided more detailed instructions about the medical exam before coming in, but if possible it should be completed before the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.