Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323587 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 10, 2016
medeay:
Hello VO, i want to know if the birth certificate i obtained 1985 (Short birth certificate from local Government) is acceptable by the embassy or i need to obtain Attestation of birth from NPC. My Interview comes up 15th of September and i need to know this as soon as possible.

A government issued birth certificate should suffice - also, it needs to be the same birth certificate that was provided as part of the petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2016
Ceejayo:
Hello vo, I am in my early 30's and in a relationship with an American citizen, she is in her early 50's. She visited my family April, we also intended meeting at Dubai for Christmas. Now she intends to file a petition for me.
Does the difference in our age(about 20years) raises a [b][/b]Red flag?

It could. Many things can raise "red flags," but that doesn't mean you don't qualify for a visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 10, 2016
VO good morning Sir.Based on my previous question concerning me migrating to the United States.Should I go ahead and apply for the visa or my aunt will have to file first?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
judithidoghogm:
VO good morning Sir.Based on my previous question concerning me migrating to the United States.Should I go ahead and apply for the visa or my aunt will have to file first?

All immigrant visa petitions must be filed by the American citizen or legal permanent resident. Also, based on my previous response to your question, you are not eligible for an immigrant visa through your aunt.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Mafe112: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dear Consular,
I am a USC presently residing with my fiancé here in Nigeria, I need your candid advice please.
I have been engaged to my fiancé since March last year, had our introduction late last year when I came to spend time with him, got pregnant in the process and had to return to the states . My Fiancé applied 4 a visit visa earlier this year (April 2016) and lied he is married at that time in a bid to get visa approval due to erroneous believe that the embassy issue visas for married people. Now I have filed for a k1 visa for him but wrote single as his Marital Status. My fiancé is afraid cos he had lied in his previous application. Now by virtue of all iv read here on this ur wonderful thread, What would you advise we do on this please. What's his chance? I had to move to Nigeria last month because the distance was killing us and We needed each other around. Tanx!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ajigiteri(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dear VO,
Let me start by thanking you in advance because I believe your response will calm my nerves. I am an applicant for K1 immigrant visa. My first interview was on February 2015, the consular that interviewed me claimed not to be convinced and my case was sent back to USCIS, we waited for about 8 months to hear from USCIS until the application expired after which my fiancé filed for me again and she visited me in Nigeria the second time around match this year during which we had our introduction, my second interview was 5th of May 2016 and I presented more evidences to prove the relationship is genuine and I answered all questions sincerely. After the session the consular said there's need for further administrative process before my visa can't be issued and if I don't hear from the embassy in 60 days then I should request for an update. Twice I have email the embassy and the responded by saying they will get back as soon as they are done with the administrative process. V.O, twice my fiancé and I have chosen wedding date and twice we have posponed it. The last time we went as far as giving invitation cards to our friends and relatives in U.S, it's been very challenging for us, we love each other so much and we want to be together for ever. Our case number is 2016528028. Thanks in anticipation for your prompt and favorable actions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2016
Mafe112:
Dear Consular,
I am a USC presently residing with my fiancé here in Nigeria, I need your candid advice please.
I have been engaged to my fiancé since March last year, had our introduction late last year when I came to spend time with him, got pregnant in the process and had to return to the states . My Fiancé applied 4 a visit visa earlier this year (April 2016) and lied he is married at that time in a bid to get visa approval due to erroneous believe that the embassy issue visas for married people. Now I have filed for a k1 visa for him but wrote single as his Marital Status. My fiancé is afraid cos he had lied in his previous application. Now by virtue of all iv read here on this ur wonderful thread, What would you advise we do on this please. What's his chance? I had to move to Nigeria last month because the distance was killing us and We needed each other around. Tanx!

He is going to have to explain his previous lies, plain and simple. This is why we tell people not to lie. Unless the officer is convinced that he actually wasn't married then and still isn't married, they can't issue the visa. This may lead to delays with investigations, etc. This is the reality of the situation he has put himself in, but at this point there isn't much you can do but deal with the consequences of those choices.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 11, 2016
ajigiteri:
Dear VO,
Let me start by thanking you in advance because I believe your response will calm my nerves. I am an applicant for K1 immigrant visa. My first interview was on February 2015, the consular that interviewed me claimed not to be convinced and my case was sent back to USCIS, we waited for about 8 months to hear from USCIS until the application expired after which my fiancé filed for me again and she visited me in Nigeria the second time around match this year during which we had our introduction, my second interview was 5th of May 2016 and I presented more evidences to prove the relationship is genuine and I answered all questions sincerely. After the session the consular said there's need for further administrative process before my visa can't be issued and if I don't hear from the embassy in 60 days then I should request for an update. Twice I have email the embassy and the responded by saying they will get back as soon as they are done with the administrative process. V.O, twice my fiancé and I have chosen wedding date and twice we have posponed it. The last time we went as far as giving invitation cards to our friends and relatives in U.S, it's been very challenging for us, we love each other so much and we want to be together for ever. Our case number is 2016528028. Thanks in anticipation for your prompt and favorable actions.

Administrative processing is required by law for certain circumstances. It sounds like your case falls under these circumstances. Until admin processing is complete, we cannot move forward. Unfortunately, this can be a lengthy process and the K1 visa is, by it's nature, prone to expire under these circumstances. I don't know what your individual circumstances are or why it is so important to get married in the U.S., but there are other options that you can pursue if you so choose.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jxlan: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Greetings VO.
Am a Dv winner,completed my interview in May. since Ive been on AP about to make 100 days. the reason for the AP academic paper verification. does it take this long to verify such documents? Or AP involves a complete haul in the review of the application. i will be greatly honored to have an answer.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
Greetings VO , my dad filed for my big since 2009 , since then she as not been called for interview , now she is married and with a child , will that filling be sufficient for her spouse and child to migrant over here.

Thanks for your swift response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2016
jxlan:
Greetings VO.
Am a Dv winner,completed my interview in May. since Ive been on AP about to make 100 days. the reason for the AP academic paper verification. does it take this long to verify such documents? Or AP involves a complete haul in the review of the application. i will be greatly honored to have an answer.

It depends. You can contact the e-mail listed on the paper for more specific information on your case.

Naturally, if we have to verify documents from other countries it will take longer.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 12, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
Greetings VO , my dad filed for my big since 2009 , since then she as not been called for interview , now she is married and with a child , will that filling be sufficient for her spouse and child to migrant over here.

Thanks for your swift response

I don't know what visa class she was filed under. You all need to review the various visa criteria and contact USCIS - she may simply have to switch to another category.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2016
Goodmorning VO,thanks for the wonderful work you are doing here,sir/ma my fiance just email the US embassy few hours ago about our case and he got a response that our k1 is ready for interview and they sent him what to download,now am about to go and get my police report but i don't know what to take along,is there anything to take along when going for the police report and for the medical.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
wal02:
Goodmorning VO,thanks for the wonderful work you are doing here,sir/ma my fiance just email the US embassy few hours ago about our case and he got a response that our k1 is ready for interview and they sent him what to download,now am about to go and get my police report but i don't know what to take along,is there anything to take along when going for the police report and for the medical.thanks

I honestly don't know - these are handled by outside agencies (the police and hospital, respectively) but I don't think there are any special requirements...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
LagosNIV:

I don't know what visa class she was filed under. You all need to review the various visa criteria and contact USCIS - she may simply have to switch to another category.

It was F1 visa for unmarried child of us citizen, now she is married with a child, will dad need to refile for them again or SWITCH TO ANOTHER CATEGORY hope this won't delay their priority date ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Titilayodeji13:

It was F1 visa for unmarried child of us citizen, now she is married with a child, will dad need to refile for them again or SWITCH TO ANOTHER CATEGORY hope this won't delay their priority date ?

She can switch to another category (married child) without having to re-file. You just have to contact NVC. Also, this new category allows her husband and child to immigrate to the US with her.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
LagosNIV:

She can switch to another category (married child) without having to re-file. You just have to contact NVC. Also, this new category allows her husband and child to immigrate to the US with her.

But there will be delay for her interview ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
Titilayodeji13:

But there will be delay for her interview ?

Maybe? Honestly, whether it causes a delay or not is not relevant because if she lies about it and it is discovered she will be banned for life. Best to just do it the right way the first time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
LagosNIV:

Maybe? Honestly, whether it causes a delay or not is not relevant because if she lies about it and it is discovered she will be banned for life. Best to just do it the right way the first time.

Highly noted ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ajigiteri(m): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2016
LagosNIV:

Administrative processing is required by law for certain circumstances. It sounds like your case falls under these circumstances. Until admin processing is complete, we cannot move forward. Unfortunately, this can be a lengthy process and the K1 visa is, by it's nature, prone to expire under these circumstances. I don't know what your individual circumstances are or why it is so important to get married in the U.S., but there are other options that you can pursue if you so choose.
Please what are the options?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 16, 2016
ajigiteri:

Please what are the options?

Qualify under another visa class.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jxlan: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Dear VO
After my interview in May. my case was put on AP and there was no any status update since. on Friday last week i saw a status update. Does the update have any meaningful message. please help me to understand the change in dates on my case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.