Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (329855 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Cfo4all: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
Is this thread still working??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Simple16(f): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hi, VO,

I would like to know if CGFNS CP Certificate and VisaScreen Certificate are still required for Registered Nurse EB3 visa approval. I'm asking because the Consular Officer who interviewed me some days ago was NOT interested in seeing these certificates. When I presented the CGFNS CP Certificate, the officer said, 'What's this?'. She also said she was NOT interested in what any organization has stated. Rather, she insisted that I submit an official school record and description of the courses taken, despite having seen my transcripts. Also, she insisted that I submit an official job description of all the places I have previously worked, despite having seen my resume. I tried to explain to her that CGFNS International has evaluated my credentials, and found out that my educational qualification meet that of a first level Registered General Nurse, and as such I was permitted to take the CGFNS Certification Program Exam which I passed, and I passed the IELTS test as well. However, she wouldn't let me.

Regards,

Simple16
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hi V.O?thank God i had my Cr1 immigrant visa interview today,everything was fine and the cool nice guy asked me questions,but i was later given a white paper that says (Pls obtain the documents checked below)the guy checked Affidavit of support+recent tax records.but my wife have two jobs and I think she made more than the $25,225 for household poverty level.I'm confused now what can I do?pls can she just go ahead and fill another affidavit of support,so that she can include her 2016 tax record?she made over 27,000$ from her full time and per time job.what she had on previous affidavit of support she sent to NVC was 2013,2014,2015.though the white paper that the interviewer gave to me still have further detail that says that I should go drop off my international passport and copy of the white paper at GSS document collection center DHL.Plot 230 muri okunola st.VI,Lagos,Nigeria.pls help out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
how you all doing today V.O?thanks so much for your help here. my wife found out that there was mistakes in her 2016 1040 tax return papers,now she has went to another tax preparer to amend her tax for her and now we have 26,055$ as her total income.we are 3 household.my wife,her daughter and I and the poverty level for 3 household is 25,525$.so are we going to be ok with that total income that is now reflected on her amendment tax papers?do i still need a co-sponsor?cos I was given a white paper by my interviewer and it's say a box checked by him that I should bring affidavit of support+recent tax income.pls I need good help asap.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
VisaOfficer:

There is a lot of information available online through official and non-official sites. You might also want to consult with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Hello Vo, can one be refused entry if one turns 21yrs while having a DV?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by edwardAB1: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello Visa Officer,
Thanks for the good job you are doing for people. God Bless You. I'm a permanent resident in United States of America. I got to U.S from Nigeria on February, 2010 and since then I have been living in United States without traveling to anywhere since then. Sir, I was assisted to complete my biodata forms then and I didn't come to U.S with any of the biodata forms and every effort to get these forms proved abortive and becoming citizen for me here is a problem since I could not recollect most information in my biodata forms. Kindly help me out, how do I retrieve my biodata forms from U.S Embassy Lagos.
My details are as follows:
Name: Adewole, Edward Oluwafemi
DOB: December 25, 1969
Case Number: 2009AF00009905.
Sir, I got to U.S through Visa Lottery. Kindly help me out Sir.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
I got this response back to Email that I sent after I sent requested documents from me during my interview.
Thank you for your email. According to our records, we have received the documents sent. Once reviewed, you will be contacted regarding the next step in your application.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0

Correspondence Unit (AAO)

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
Cfo4all:
Is this thread still working??

Yes. I have been traveling over the last few days and have just returned. I took a long ride through the rain forests of Cross River state. Did you know that the world's most endangered gorilla, the Cross River gorilla, calls those forests home? It was an extraordinary experience. Nigeria has some of the most amazing natural wonders of the world.

Look for news reports summarizing the trip.

Regards,
VO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
edwardAB1:
Hello Visa Officer,
Thanks for the good job you are doing for people. God Bless You. I'm a permanent resident in United States of America. I got to U.S from Nigeria on February, 2010 and since then I have been living in United States without traveling to anywhere since then. Sir, I was assisted to complete my biodata forms then and I didn't come to U.S with any of the biodata forms and every effort to get these forms proved abortive and becoming citizen for me here is a problem since I could not recollect most information in my biodata forms. Kindly help me out, how do I retrieve my biodata forms from U.S Embassy Lagos.

Sir, I got to U.S through Visa Lottery. Kindly help me out Sir.

This is a question for USCIS. Once you get your visa and arrive in the United States, we the Consulate and the Department of State, no longer have jurisdiction over your application.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
elfmann:

Hello Vo, can one be refused entry if one turns 21yrs while having a DV?

Nigeria is no longer a participant in the diversity visa lottery program. I don't understand this question.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
hajj123:
how you all doing today V.O?thanks so much for your help here. my wife found out that there was mistakes in her 2016 1040 tax return papers,now she has went to another tax preparer to amend her tax for her and now we have 26,055$ as her total income.we are 3 household.my wife,her daughter and I and the poverty level for 3 household is 25,525$.so are we going to be ok with that total income that is now reflected on her amendment tax papers?do i still need a co-sponsor?cos I was given a white paper by my interviewer and it's say a box checked by him that I should bring affidavit of support+recent tax income.pls I need good help asap.thanks

For most family visa classes, in order to be a sponsor, the sponsor must prove earnings of at least 125% of the Health and Human Services poverty guidelines for the current year for the sponsoring family and the sponsored family combined. In other words, if a sponsor has three dependents of her own and wants to sponsor three more, then the minimum is six. This is form I-864P.

In your case, for a family of three, the minimum is $25,525 (assuming you're not headed to Alaska or Hawaii in which case the limit is higher). If the adjudicating officer accepts the change, then yes, your new income will be sufficient. Send the updated document(s) at the address indicated to you and the officer will make a determination.

The limits can be found here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
hajj123:
Hi V.O?thank God i had my Cr1 immigrant visa interview today,everything was fine and the cool nice guy asked me questions,but i was later given a white paper that says (Pls obtain the documents checked below)the guy checked Affidavit of support+recent tax records.but my wife have two jobs and I think she made more than the $25,225 for household poverty level.I'm confused now what can I do?pls can she just go ahead and fill another affidavit of support,so that she can include her 2016 tax record?she made over 27,000$ from her full time and per time job.what she had on previous affidavit of support she sent to NVC was 2013,2014,2015.though the white paper that the interviewer gave to me still have further detail that says that I should go drop off my international passport and copy of the white paper at GSS document collection center DHL.Plot 230 muri okunola st.VI,Lagos,Nigeria.pls help out.

Without knowing details of the case, it is likely because you did not show sufficient proof of those earnings. Simply stating so does not make it so. If you have her 2016 tax records, send those in for review. The officer will make a determination once received.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Simple16:
Hi, VO,

I would like to know if CGFNS CP Certificate and VisaScreen Certificate are still required for Registered Nurse EB3 visa approval. I'm asking because the Consular Officer who interviewed me some days ago was NOT interested in seeing these certificates. When I presented the CGFNS CP Certificate, the officer said, 'What's this?'. She also said she was NOT interested in what any organization has stated. Rather, she insisted that I submit an official school record and description of the courses taken, despite having seen my transcripts. Also, she insisted that I submit an official job description of all the places I have previously worked, despite having seen my resume. I tried to explain to her that CGFNS International has evaluated my credentials, and found out that my educational qualification meet that of a first level Registered General Nurse, and as such I was permitted to take the CGFNS Certification Program Exam which I passed, and I passed the IELTS test as well. However, she wouldn't let me.

Regards,

Simple16

A consular officer has a duty and a right to request any reasonable document she feels is necessary in order to adjudicate your visa. This power is invested in her by U.S. law, and her authority is derived from being appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

In short, please provide the documents as requested.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
larrychulo:
i am a son of a US citizen, im over 21, single, have been filed for. What is the significant waiting period.. i heard it could be upto 6yrs for f1

I have just deleted several similar questions.

As stated many times before, any question that amounts to "how long" before you have had your interview at the Consulate should be addressed by USCIS. I will continue to delete these questions going forward.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Nigeria is no longer a participant in the diversity visa lottery program. I don't understand this question.

Regards,
VO
Yea..I was arguing with sb. She said when her sister got selected, the first child would have been 21 by December, the father said they would travel but she was begging they move September to avoid her aging out. I disagreed and told the person I was having this conversation that once you have the visa, age isn't a consideration, only the medical expiration or something else. But the funny thing was that the father was teasing her but I'm not sure if he knew the correct position of the rule that time.

Clarify for knowledge sake.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing details of the case, it is likely because you did not show sufficient proof of those earnings. Simply stating so does not make it so. If you have her 2016 tax records, send those in for review. The officer will make a determination once received.

Regards,
VO
Thanks VO,yes I have got her 2016 tax records and she also did fill another affidavit of support and her 2016 tax records now have 26,055$ as her total income for 2016.i have dropped off the Gss documents center on Friday.we are just 3 household.my wife,our daughter and I.and the poverty level 3 household is 25,225 or 25,525.so what do you think about our new total income which 26,055$ for 3house hold?are we good?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
VisaOfficer:

For most family visa classes, in order to be a sponsor, the sponsor must prove earnings of at least 125% of the Health and Human Services poverty guidelines for the current year for the sponsoring family and the sponsored family combined. In other words, if a sponsor has three dependents of her own and wants to sponsor three more, then the minimum is six. This is form I-864P.

In your case, for a family of three, the minimum is $25,525 (assuming you're not headed to Alaska or Hawaii in which case the limit is higher). If the adjudicating officer accepts the change, then yes, your new income will be sufficient. Send the updated document(s) at the address indicated to you and the officer will make a determination.

The limits can be found here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Regards,
VO

Thanks VO,I have sent the updated documents on Friday and I also email the consulate immediately and then I got this response today in my email.

Thank you for your email. According to our records, we have received the documents sent. Once reviewed, you will be contacted regarding the next step in your application.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0

Correspondence Unit (AAO)

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zx12beast: 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
My wife received a letter stating that, Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

My wife was approved and issued a VISA in May, which was returned because she could not travel before the expiration date 20 October 2016. The VISA was returned unopened and CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE". I explained that personal/family reasons did not permit her to travel at this time and they advised (see email below) that I could reapply.

As you can see, we were advised to reapply 4 November 2016 which has been a little over 4 months ago. My wife's circumstances have now changed and we wish to start the process again.

email sent 04 November

Dear Mr.

If she wishes to pursue the immigrant visa application in April/May 2017- she will have to re-apply, take medical exam and pay immigrant visa processing fee.

Applicant is to contact this office in March 2017 in order to restart the application.

Immigrant visa unit
US Consulate General, Amsterdam
19 Museumplein
rvw

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 11:06 AM
To: ImmigrantVisas, Amsterdam
Subject: Reference Immigrant Visa
Importance: High

To Whom It May Concern,

In a previous email, I stated that my wife returned the approved immigrant visa package with her passport. The passport was returned stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".

Hopefully, she would like to come to the States in Apr/May next year, what are the procedures?

Do I have to reapply all over? Can this be accomplished through the US Consulate in Amsterdam or do I need to do it in the US?

Please advise.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
zx12beast:
My wife received a letter stating that, Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

My wife was approved and issued a VISA in May, which was returned because she could not travel before the expiration date 20 October 2016. The VISA was returned unopened and CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE". I explained that personal/family reasons did not permit her to travel at this time and they advised (see email below) that I could reapply.

As you can see, we were advised to reapply 4 November 2016 which has been a little over 4 months ago. My wife's circumstances have now changed and we wish to start the process again.

email sent 04 November

Dear Mr.

If she wishes to pursue the immigrant visa application in April/May 2017- she will have to re-apply, take medical exam and pay immigrant visa processing fee.

Applicant is to contact this office in March 2017 in order to restart the application.

Immigrant visa unit
US Consulate General, Amsterdam
19 Museumplein
rvw

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 11:06 AM
To: ImmigrantVisas, Amsterdam
Subject: Reference Immigrant Visa
Importance: High

To Whom It May Concern,

In a previous email, I stated that my wife returned the approved immigrant visa package with her passport. The passport was returned stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".

Hopefully, she would like to come to the States in Apr/May next year, what are the procedures?

Do I have to reapply all over? Can this be accomplished through the US Consulate in Amsterdam or do I need to do it in the US?

Please advise.

Before I can answer this, I need clarification on a couple points. You say that the petition was cancelled due to a lack of response within a year. However, you say that your wife was issued a visa in May 2016. Both cannot be true. What is the visa class of the visa issued May 2016? Second, what is the date of the letter you received?

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Usifo216: 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hi VO,

Thank you for your support.
I have picked up my visa and paid the immigrant fees online.
I was told my green card will be available in 120days.
What is the first thing to do immediately I get to the US cos I'm leaving soon.
Thanks.

Have a blessed day.

Usifo.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Rebmem1987: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dear VO, thank you for all your prompt responses.My CR1 immigrant visa is scheduled for 30th of May and I would like to know if the police clearance certificate I submitted to NVC will still be accepted on the day of my interview because it has expired.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (96)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.