Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323852 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Cfo4all: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello VO.
Pls I am just curious to know because I have no clue. what happens next after USCIS approves a K1 petition??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Cfo4all:
Hello VO.
Pls I am just curious to know because I have no clue. what happens next after USCIS approves a K1 petition??

I spent five seconds with this question on my favorite search engine and came up with the following, along with 210,000 other results:

* K-1 Process: Step by Step | USCIS
* K1 visa application process, fiance visa - Immihelp
* K1 Fiance Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline - VisaJourney
* After the Interview - Travel State - US Department of State

Immigrant visa petitions require diligence, responsibility, and precision. Living, working, and schooling in the United States will require the same. Your question concerns me because you have not done even the most rudimentary research on the topic. Nevertheless, I wish you success in your application.

Regards,
VO

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
coolwater2:
Wow!I'm so happy you have been enjoying your stay here in the country,it gives me joy when i know foreigners are happy moving around and seeing places.They would be able to say a lot(Good things) when they leave the country. Thank you also for your prompt response CO....I really digested and understood every bit of your reply to my inquiry.I'm so much concerned about the interview stage at the consulate, and since you have alleviated my fears concerning the evidence that are needed to present at the interview stage,I can say a big thank you.We have all those pictures from the birth and the certificate and so on.Since my child is not an illegitimate daughter to her dad,there is no qualms.I hope to have my interview soon at the consulate and I wish I still meet you there even though one cannot recognize who you are sir!Lol.... ;DThank you so much and stay blessed.

Good luck! Doesn't sound like you'll need it, though. One of my favorite quotes, paraphrased, is "Luck favors the prepared." (Louis Pasteur, 1854). The more prepared you are, the better luck you'll have.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:
Dear VO,

Good evening sir.

A quick one here please. There's this relative of ours wanting to inquire about the workings of the Green Card. She acquired hers via the F2A route but happens to be disturbed somehow now. She did apply for the B1/B2 visa category about twice and was refused but advised to ask her husband who was then on a green card to file for her. This she did and got approved and has been to the US on short stays about three times now. The issue bothering her is that she "knows" (with varying views from the net and all around her, I too think strongly that I have read something of such here before but can't vouch on the strength of such thinking) she MUST not be outside of the US for more than 180 days (but she is resident in Nigeria and got loads on her hands at work that militates against so much time availability to her to make this PRESERVATION trips), she however on this particular occasion is finding it difficult to make her next trip to the US within a timeframe of less than 180 days as expected due to time unavailability among other reasons. She wants to know if this her 180 days "KNOWLEDGE" is correct or if it ought to be 365 days. Kindly help do justice to this by either validating or invalidating this knowledge. If the 180 days stuff is valid, are there grounds on which she can do at most 365 days outside of the US till she finally relocates to the US in say about two years on or so? Thanks, and warmest regards!

If she has a valid green card and has not violated any other terms of her status, then she only has to be physically present in the United States for a minimum of one day per 365 days. That means she could, for example, be out of the United States for 185 days, come back to the U.S. for one day, then leave again for 360 days, then return to the U.S. for one day, then leave for 90 days, and so on. However, this type of travel is not the intent of the green card. After all, the application was for an immigrant visa, not an extended travel visa.

If she remains out of the U.S. for more than 365 consecutive days, then she will lose her green card status and will have to reapply as a returning resident. This is an expensive proposition. My strong advice would be to return to the U.S. at least one day every 365 days in order to keep her status current.

Regards,
VO

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Antonio96151: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
In a Good way or a bad way?
VisaOfficer:

The officer will have these records and make a determination as to its impact on your application.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ajigiteri(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2017
Good V.O,
My visa case that's been on administrative processing has been finally approved this week. It's included in the mail I was sent to submit my passport, medical and police report and affidavit of support.My issue is that my fiancé is currently not working she's running an accelerated masters program in nursing which will be completed by May 2018, she stopped working August last year, her affidative of financial support is still valid but I am thinking that she's hasn't made enough money recently. Can my older brother who is also in the states send me his affidavit of support as co sponsor, my brother is in another state with my fiancé though. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by koskikun: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hello VO,
I have been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview in April by NVC. Do I need to register the appointment online? If I need to where do I register it?
Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Antonio96151:
In a Good way or a bad way?

Obviously, I can't tell the future. You will know during your interview.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
ajigiteri:
Good V.O,
My visa case that's been on administrative processing has been finally approved this week. It's included in the mail I was sent to submit my passport, medical and police report and affidavit of support.My issue is that my fiancé is currently not working she's running an accelerated masters program in nursing which will be completed by May 2018, she stopped working August last year, her affidative of financial support is still valid but I am thinking that she's hasn't made enough money recently. Can my older brother who is also in the states send me his affidavit of support as co sponsor, my brother is in another state with my fiancé though. Thanks

There is no need for an additional affidavit of support assuming that your medical record is good. In detail, once approved, an affidavit of support is good for the duration of your visa process unless otherwise adjudicated by a consular officer. In fact, if this is a K1 visa, an affidavit of support is not even technically necessary.

An updated financial statement may come into play as you progress through to applying for your permanent residence status, but this is not necessary for your arrival to the United States.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
koskikun:
Hello VO,
I have been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview in April by NVC. Do I need to register the appointment online? If I need to where do I register it?
Thanks!

Write LagosIV@state.gov with your question. Include your case number, the petitioner's name, and the beneficiary's name.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ajigiteri(m): 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
VisaOfficer:

There is no need for an additional affidavit of support assuming that your medical record is good. In detail, once approved, an affidavit of support is good for the duration of your visa process unless otherwise adjudicated by a consular officer. In fact, if this is a K1 visa, an affidavit of support is not even technically necessary.

An updated financial statement may come into play as you progress through to applying for your permanent residence status, but this is not necessary for your arrival to the United States.

Regards,
VO
Thank you very much sir, please I forgot to add this, my fiancé's adress during the filing is different from where she is staying right now in fact she was in California when she filed for me but now in Missouri where she's running her masters program pls how do I adress this because I don't want it to be an issue for me at the point of entry. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:22am On Mar 24, 2017
ajigiteri:

Thank you very much sir, please I forgot to add this, my fiancé's adress during the filing is different from where she is staying right now in fact she was in California when she filed for me but now in Missouri where she's running her masters program pls how do I adress this because I don't want it to be an issue for me at the point of entry. Thanks

Where she lives now will have little to no bearing on your visa, as long as it is the United States. More importantly, an accurate address is critical for any communications between USCIS, the Consulate, and your fiance. It is your responsibility to keep everyone informed. You should contact USCIS and LagosIV@state.gov to update your records.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by menuwe: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ma'm Please I am a bit worried about the status of my issued visa as seen on CEAC website. The issue is that I have tried to track my visa(passport) on the website but it keeps saying the (status of the passport is not available). And today makes it 10 business days from the day of, interview . Am wondering what might be the delay as the Co specifically asked me to pick it up in two weeks time. Since it's two weeks now, should I just go ahead for it at the given address or must I be called before I go for it? Thank you for your anticipated positive response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
@Iflyhigh & alexxy

Please read the title of this thread before posting your questions. Look for appropriate thread and post your questions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2017
menuwe:
Ma'm Please I am a bit worried about the status of my issued visa as seen on CEAC website. The issue is that I have tried to track my visa(passport) on the website but it keeps saying the (status of the passport is not available). And today makes it 10 business days from the day of, interview . Am wondering what might be the delay as the Co specifically asked me to pick it up in two weeks time. Since it's two weeks now, should I just go ahead for it at the given address or must I be called before I go for it? Thank you for your anticipated positive response.

Write LagosIV@state.gov. Include the case number, petitioner's name, and beneficiary's name in your correspondence.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Usifo216: 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hi VO,

I sent a mail LagosIV regarding my medicals. My medicals was done 1 week before interview due to proximity and being unable to reach the medical line online.
My Visa was approved and I was told to pick up after 10days.
I have my medical report now. And this mail below is the response I got with g221 form.

"Thank you for your email.

You can send your medical report through our DHL PICKUP Facility/GSS Document Collection Center – DHL, Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Find attached submission sheet for same."

Am I meant to sent all the documents required in the attachment again or just the medical alone?

Thanks

Usifo
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vawosijj(f): 5:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Hello VO,
I am writing in regards to the I-129F application that was forwarded to the embassy by the National Visa Center. The case status online shows that the visa is ready but my fiance and I have not gotten any information about scheduling the visa interview. I must mention that the the only email I received throughout the process was for the receipt of the case with USCIS. I have a couple of questions:
1) Can my fiance go ahead and start the medical process, payment of visa fees, application for visa, and scheduling of interview?
2) Who receives the letter from the embassy? Is it my fiance or I? Is the notification an email or a mail?
3) My fiance and I don't have time on our side, is there an expedited process for this stage? I am active duty and I have an upcoming overseas assignment. I want my future spouse with me.
Thank you for your assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Usifo216:
Hi VO,

I sent a mail LagosIV regarding my medicals. My medicals was done 1 week before interview due to proximity and being unable to reach the medical line online.
My Visa was approved and I was told to pick up after 10days.
I have my medical report now. And this mail below is the response I got with g221 form.

"Thank you for your email.

You can send your medical report through our DHL PICKUP Facility/GSS Document Collection Center – DHL, Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Find attached submission sheet for same."

Am I meant to sent all the documents required in the attachment again or just the medical alone?

Thanks

Usifo

I think it makes sense to be cautious, but in this case, just send your medical report.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Usifo216: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
VisaOfficer:

I think it makes sense to be cautious, but in this case, just send your medical report.

Regards,
VO

Thanks VO,

I mailed the medicals yesterday.
The status on ceac has changed today 10th day from interview day to AP.
what is the likely next step after medicals gets there?
What if I am contacted to send the medicals, when I have already sent it?
Are there any case of missing documents in transit?

Please pardon my curiosity.

Kindly advise.

Best regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.