Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) (826 Views)

Why Runs Girls’ Get The Good Guys & The Decent Girls Don’t – Joro Olumofin Expla / How Do I Get To Meet A Good Girl? / How To Peacefully End A Relationship With A Good Girl (only 18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
The story so far......
Outside, the night owls were already trooping in. With all the stories of people getting drowned, I wondered why the beach still remained very popular. Some boys catcalled us and Vicky started stopping but I took that as my cue to walk faster. And drag Vicky along.......

CONTINUATION.......
Looking at the time, I felt it was way too late to text or call him back. Plus I was too excited, I didn't trust myself to say anything meaningful at that point. So I wrote “call Anderson" on a tape it and stuck it to my mirror, next to the tape it that had “warm the soup" written on it. That reminded me, I hadn't warmed my soup. I quickly rushed into the kitchen, did that, before finally retiring for bed.
Nothing happened the following couple of days, except Tuesday when we were in the middle of a botany lecture and an announcement came that Medical Physiology students had an ongoing chemistry practical in campus 2. “God dammit! We were in campus 3 and a practical was going on without us?!"
We all rushed out, I had to rush home to get my practical workbook and lab coat first before taking a shuttle down to campus 2. We all got there only to find out it was a false information. Adam and the other department boys rounded up against our coordinator, I felt sorry for him though, he looked terrified.
I hadn't spoken to Anderson since Sunday (yeah. I called him eventually). He was surprised to find out I did get my admission into the university. He said he was getting ready to defend his I.T and seminar. And that was just it. For a second, I felt a part of me was disappointed, that there wasn't more to say. But I made  it known that I missed him.
So I wasn't expecting it at all when on Thursday, Adam and I were headed out of the convocation hall and bam! There was Anderson, standing there, with his hands in his pockets, looking glorious for all he's worth. Looking straight at me. I didn't think twice, I ran up to him but stopped right in front of him, contemplating whether to hug or not because well.....I was brought up with the instruction to refrain from hugging boys. I hugged him anyway.
Adam was just standing there. Trying to look unconcerned. But his face betrayed him beyond any doubt.
I introduced them both, then left with Anderson after making plans to catch up with Adam later.
The walk to Anderson's place was fairly long, he lived almost at the outskirts of town, but we weren't so tired though. His place was nice. The blue walls reminded me of Austin, I felt sick in the stomach but made a good job of hiding it because Anderson didn't seem to notice it.
“ you've grown so much" he said, looking me all over. I smiled. I admired his curtains, the paintings hung on his wall, his neatly dressed bed with Spongebob bed covers. I admired his hair, his dazzling eyes, I knew what happened at Austin's might happen here and I didn't want that so I stopped admiring right away.
We chatted. Caught up on old times. I was just 12 when he left. That was a bit over four years ago. Now I'm just getting into the university and he was passing out. It was like some forces didn't want us to be together. I asked if he ever crossed paths with my brother and he said occasionally. Other than that, it was obvious both guys were not so much of pals. I guessed it was because Anderson was a total homebody, an introvert, while my brother.....let's just say more than half the school knew him- yeah- he was that popular. I refrain from telling people my surname just so they don't identify me with him.
It was already dark outside, but my whole body just seemed to not want to move.
I asked him “tell me, what were you thinking when you came looking for me in the convocation hall?"
“you wouldn't believe me if I told you" he replied.
“try me" I said to him, but he only shook his head.
The more we talked, the more engaged we got. The more oblivious we got of the fact that it was stark dark outside. The more aware I became of how fast my heart was beating.
I started recalling the lines of a poem I'd read years ago..........“ the heat you feel within your bones, the loneliness that gnaws each time apart; they tell the truth of how you feel, so go ahead and make it real".
Anderson leaned over and kissed me. Something clicked. Somewhere outside I heard glass shattering to a thousand pieces.......or was that just in my head? I remember telling myself “Oh God! Please Not AGAIN".

To be continued.....
Re: THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) by gab264(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Huuu, continue niii.
finish up dis and be fast about it!!
"interestin though"
Re: THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) by summerflame(m): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hope you are not gonna stop this story half way?... Well, nice piece of story so far
Re: THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 2) by jamesbawa(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
JustTara come nd continue this story abeg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Putting On A Bra Says About Your Personality By Krissy Brady / How My Husband And His African Traditions Ruined My Life / Ladies What Do You Mean By Its Nothing Serious In Your Relationship Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.