Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) (31247 Views)

PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Zikkyfuse(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-QB5S_ZY7qh4/ViIAOc2uGAI/AAAAAAAAALA/ms7H85jtGA4/s400/Photo0165.jpg[/img]

Tuesday, October 13, was a horrible day for a staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company and his family as he was electrocuted while doing his job.

According to the eye witness who sent in the photos, the young man whose name is unknown at the moment, came with his crew and started work. In less than 10 minutes that he started working, Power was restored. A load shout was heard by all that were around there and when the looked up to see what happened, they found the man in that position.

According to another eye witness, it took about 30 minutes to get him down from that height, after which he was taken to the hospital. Information reaching me today says the man died that same day.

What a loss... Is this a case of carelessness or wickedness?

A closer view of the picture below

Source:
http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/10/bedc-staff-electrocuted-while-doing-his.html

cc:
lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by buzquet(m): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2015
The rate way electric and fire dey kill people this days, mhen! I hope it's not our leader ther use AL this incidents for their rituals?

Meanwhile, RIP to the DEAD

I no know say na how FTC dey feel be this ooooooo!

E Don Sure die say na today I go finish Nairabet Company.

#MYTICKETGOCOMETODAY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by femi4: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2015
Too bad
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by laurel03(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
So many bad things happen everyday in 9ja...
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
Over sabi Nai kill am sad

No gloves too shocked

I dedicate dix 4th tu comment tu MTN Simpleserver grin

12 Likes

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by dennisworld1(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
R.I.P
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by eleojo23: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
I can't see any gloves on his hands.
What the hell was he thinking?
Many people don't always pay attention to safety measures until damage is done. This attitude is borne out of the tendency for the average Nigerian to neglect giving attention to things such as following standard procedures for doing things.

How would he climb an electric pole without safety equipment?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by destinysaid(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
damn, ain't the light given to that section of town suppose to be turned off till the work is done? who go on am ..... RIP guy.

6 Likes

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Sijo01(f): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2015
Too bad
Dereliction of duty.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by destinysaid(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
rip man
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by zingywingy: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
No gloves

3 Likes

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by courna(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Rip
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by tunesoft(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
That guy no wear gloves now....so sad

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by itsMrIke(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Ouch
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by mattsteve(f): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Rip man
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by mystical109(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
H
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by jamex93(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked

una don forget say na change we dey so?

light full every where

r.i.p man

1 Like

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Higherhere: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
season of electrocution
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by destinysaid(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Sijo01:
cheesy
wha u smiling for undecided

1 Like

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by teemanbastos(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Bad
laurel03:
So many bad things happen everyday in 9ja...
God will deliver us
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by ademoladeji(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Why bad news this morning now?

Moderators, make una do better nau

Btw, is there not supposed to be a Safety Officer attached with his operation?

Work at Height plus Electrical Work needs Permit To Work.

We are seriously behind in this country. No Risk analysis, No Contingency Plan, No Management System... All we know is Work, Get Paid, Goan Chop the Money......

May God deliver us from POVERTY. We seriously need to always insist on the best practices coz our lives are at stake.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by streetzdreamz(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
what a horrible way to die,may his soul rest in peace.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by ZYZZA: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Which kind bad luck this baba carry come self
#IHATEAPC #BROOMWAVINGDEMONDS #IREFUSETOBEAZOMBIE
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
From the pix, I see his bare hands... Safety 101: wear your handgloves angry

RIP to the dead

May none of us or any of our loved ones lose his life this season in the line of duty cry

3 Likes

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by kennyddonn(m): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
eyah soh sad
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Ohhh... Rest in peace..
hope your remaining friends must have learnt from you not to do forming with electricity..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by DEXTROVERT: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
He must be investigated and probed for Successful SUICIDE, why will he climb that pole without Gloves, no safety Helmet

I need answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by pretydiva(f): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Wat a painful way 2 die cry...may dis not be our portion in jesus name
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by funkiebully: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Benin witches

1 Like

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by VickyRotex(f): 9:24am On Oct 17, 2015
Carelessness!

May his soul find rest.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Sijo01(f): 9:24am On Oct 17, 2015
destinysaid:
wha u smiling for undecided
Make your comment and stay off my mention.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by hensben(m): 9:24am On Oct 17, 2015
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo) / Mass Sack In Alpha Beta Consulting Limited Allegedly Owned By Tinubu / IGP Orders Probe Of The Sack Of Unmarried Pregnant Policewoman In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.