Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) (31288 Views)

PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by deeone10: 9:59am On Oct 17, 2015
ZYZZA:
Which kind bad luck this baba carry come self

#IHATEAPC
#BROOMWAVINGDEMONDS
#IREFUSETOBEAZOMBIE

Even if u cannot think you will still blame APC
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by nanizle(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2015
The man looks not to be wearing hand gloves shocked shocked

Or are my eyes misleading me
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Surejobsng(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2015
May his soul R.I.P
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by menix(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2015
What happens when engineers re not employed.

It's high time FG prioritizes safety in all its endeavors...
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by drrid(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2015
cry cry cry may his soul rest in peace.... No vital tools and dude are too rush....
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by ebonge1: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2015
OkeEsibe:
Over sabi Nai kill am sad

I dedicate dix 4th tu comment tu MTN Simpleserver grin
May God have mercy on u.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Olukat(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2015
sweetgala:

Forget PPE I know of no equipment that can stop 240v at only good knows the current going through your body. Power should not have been restored while service is being done. To start with in Nigeria we need to redesign our infrastructure.

I work in telecommunications and I'm responsible for sending many field engineers to line repairs everyday , we've had only one death in the many years I've been there

It comes down to poor safety controls infrastructure design.

I doubt if you've gone tru any safety program
So you mean if that man was on non conducting gloves, he would've been electrocuted?
Probably, he's the "only one death in the many years..." sad

1 Like

Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Ganjafama(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2015
The crew members of the dead man and the control room guys should be fired. Before any work is carried out on a high tension cable, the control room guys must be aware and the particular line switched off and a tag bearing "work in progress" hung on the the line. I don't think there was anything of such.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by sweetgala(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2015
Olukat:

I doubt if you've gone tru any safety program
So you mean if that man was on non conducting gloves, he would've been electrocuted?
Probably, he's the "only one death in the many years..." sad
Non conducting gloves ! You are a joker

Plain and simple the electrical power to those lines should have been temp offline pending completion of the repairs.

That's probably why the lad went up thinkin he is invisible because of some gloves, those gloves are a secondary measure and do not perfectly insulate from electrical charge. Please educate yourself
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Xfemt(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2015
I never wished him death thou
But as em die e gud and many of them should follow and even the owner of BEDC light ona no go give but ona go de cut light
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2015
ebonge1:
May God have mercy on u.

Lolx
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by benELOHIM7(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2015
Guy send me games abeg na
buzquet:
The rate way electric and fire dey kill people this days, mhen! I hope it's not our leader ther use AL this incidents for their rituals?

Meanwhile, RIP to the DEAD

I no know say na how FTC dey feel be this ooooooo!

E Don Sure die say na today I go finish Nairabet Company.

#MYTICKETGOCOMETODAY
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by goshen26: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2015
poor working condition
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Cvesta(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2015
Zikkyfuse:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-QB5S_ZY7qh4/ViIAOc2uGAI/AAAAAAAAALA/ms7H85jtGA4/s400/Photo0165.jpg[/img]

Tuesday, October 13, was a horrible day for a staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company and his family as he was electrocuted while doing his job.

According to the eye witness who sent in the photos, the young man whose name is unknown at the moment, came with his crew and started work. In less than 10 minutes that he started working, Power was restored. A load shout was heard by all that were around there and when the looked up to see what happened, they found the man in that position.

According to another eye witness, it took about 30 minutes to get him down from that height, after which he was taken to the hospital. Information reaching me today says the man died that same day.

What a loss... Is this a case of carelessness or wickedness?

A closer view of the picture below

Source:
http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/10/bedc-staff-electrocuted-while-doing-his.html

Late news..This happened since Tuesday and news has it dude survived after much effort in the hospital
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by LORDDICE(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2015
cheesy
OkeEsibe:
Over sabi Nai kill am sad
I dedicate dix 4th tu comment tu MTN Simpleserver grin
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Depot(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2015
destinysaid:
damn, ain't the light given to that section of town suppose to be turned off till the work is done? who go on am ..... RIP guy.

There was no proper outtage before executing the job. Might be illegal duty dough. NE PA 2 dem.

RIP TO THE DEAD.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2015
I don't believe he is a staff of bedc.Any phcn staff will first switch off power from the central power distribution before they carryout any work. This could be an illegal connection from one of the guyz around that neighborhood.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by bellville: 10:51am On Oct 17, 2015
May his soul rest in peace. Sad.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by LORDDICE(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2015
Love Machine:
I don't believe he is a staff of bedc.Any phcn staff will first switch off power from the central power distribution before they carryout any work. This could be an illegal connection from one of the guyz around that neighborhood.
this is nt always true, as i have seen nepa do jobs like dis several times in my area
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Originalsly: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Sad.... hmmm.....no helmet no gloves.....makes me wonder if he was officially on the job...or those responsible for switching on power don't know or don't care if workers are working on the lines and n which areas. Safety is definitely not the top priority.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by kalufelix(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2015
The guy 4get cond0m...
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by bummyla(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2015
Rest In Perfect Peace! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by kuzee(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2015
Oboy

Get your Casio asio Edifice difice, Diesel and Armani at an affordable price,visit link at signature
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by sherlock229(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
wow! may he rest in piece. Benin witches dey work! kudos.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
Great engineer RIP
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Iykolysis: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
So sad. It's high time DISCOS started implementing CMMS in it operations. Employ dem no go gree, short cut all the time leading to fatality. With a seasoned and sound safety professional on ground, he would have activated a PTW and enforced 2 Tier Lock-Out and Tag-Out (LOTO) before commencement of the task.These steps would have nipped the risks in the bud. RIP to the dead.
Zikkyfuse:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-QB5S_ZY7qh4/ViIAOc2uGAI/AAAAAAAAALA/ms7H85jtGA4/s400/Photo0165.jpg[/img]

Tuesday, October 13, was a horrible day for a staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company and his family as he was electrocuted while doing his job.

According to the eye witness who sent in the photos, the young man whose name is unknown at the moment, came with his crew and started work. In less than 10 minutes that he started working, Power was restored. A load shout was heard by all that were around there and when the looked up to see what happened, they found the man in that position.

According to another eye witness, it took about 30 minutes to get him down from that height, after which he was taken to the hospital. Information reaching me today says the man died that same day.

What a loss... Is this a case of carelessness or wickedness?

A closer view of the picture below

Source:
http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/10/bedc-staff-electrocuted-while-doing-his.html

cc:
lalasticlala
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by tsdarkside(m): 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
now that the power is getting better,we see how unexperienced and unprofessional and unqualified our electricity-workers are......this incidents are happening more and more....its better they send them back to electricity-school to learn to work,when electricity is always flowing......
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by otiigba1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
eleojo23:
I can't see any gloves on his hands.
What the hell was he thinking?
Many people don't always pay attention to safety measures until damage is done. This attitude is borne out of the tendency for the average Nigerian to neglect giving attention to things such as following standard procedures for doing things.

How would he climb an electric pole without safety equipment?
precisely, his hoping God will save him, plus his pastor has probably told him that because he paid his tithe he will be fine without safety gloves or equipments.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
destinysaid:
damn, ain't the light given to that section of town suppose to be turned off till the work is done? who go on am ..... RIP guy.
na him village people were de follow am go turn the thing on
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
Sijo01:

Make your comment and stay off my mention.
nowaday girls are very insultive and insolent. Is this the best way you could reply him? SMH!
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by edo3(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
buzquet:
The rate way electric and fire dey kill people this days, mhen! I hope it's not our leader ther use AL this incidents for their rituals?

Meanwhile, RIP to the DEAD

I no know say na how FTC dey feel be this ooooooo!

E Don Sure die say na today I go finish Nairabet Company.

#MYTICKETGOCOMETODAY
abeg bros gv me code na.
Re: BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) by freshvine(f): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
He killed himself.

That's an intersection of High Voltage network crossing another with dedicated Low Voltage line on every angle. This sort of connection is a death trap.

Before climbing, he has to write to his service manager who in turn will minute on it to the business manager. The business manager gives approval for an outage and the request is forwarded to the control section in the transmission and the power is shut down pending when correspondence is entered for restoration. Anything short of this process is illegal and suicidal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikechukwu Ikeji, Lawyer & Pastor Dies (Photo) / Pictures Of How I Stylishly Resumed Work Yesterday (pics) / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.