Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria (62480 Views)

Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Bamoha(m): 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
The Notable and prestigious ahmadu bello university zaria is the biggest university in Nigeria with a landmass spreading to around 7000 hectares of land . The university is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto , Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello , the first premier of Northern Nigeria. The university has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching
hospitals in Nigeria and Africa.

notable mention:
Obafemi awolowo university,
university of illorin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Tunami(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
how does that provide job for graduates

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Demmzy15(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bamoha:
The Notable and prestigious ahmadu bello university zaria is the biggest university in Nigeria with a landmass spreading to around 7000 hectares of land
The university is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto , Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello , the first premier of Northern Nigeria. The university has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching
hospitals in Nigeria and Africa.

notable mention: Obafemi awolowo university, 5000 hectares
Juman! undecided

4 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
@op, hw did u cum abt ur lìst?

4 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by HomieQuan(m): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
0955eb027:
@op, hw did u cum abt ur lìst?
its true ai...its on wikipedia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ekenedavidity: 12:25am On Oct 18, 2015
I don't believe it u guys should check well . I believe FUTO is one of the biggest universities

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 4:19am On Oct 18, 2015
ekenedavidity:
I don't believe it u guys should check well . I believe FUTO is one of the biggest universities
Listen to yourself ''FUTO is one of the biggest universities"... But the Op didn't put the list of universities, he told you the fact. And that's the fact! Search google... Just type "the largest university in Nigeria"

Once an Abusite, always an Abusite! Not our fault, that's just how we roll! Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is the largest University in Nigeria, second largest in Africa. Second only to Cairo University in Egypt. ABU is the largest in Sub-sahara Africa, from the North of Niger to the South of Limpopo. ABU may not be the best according to the webometric ranking but it's still within the respectable position... But in terms of largeness, forget! And ABU is known to be the greatest when it comes to producing leaders...people like Azubuike Ihejirika, former Chief of Army
Staff
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR, former
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Namadi Sambo, former Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, former Chief Justice
of Nigeria
Faruk Imam, Justice kogi state judiciary
Atiku Abubakar GCON, former Vice
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Oladipo Diya, GCON, former Vice
President/CGS, Federal Republic of
Nigeria
Yayale Ahmed, former Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, former Speaker,
House of Representatives
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba Leader,
Former chairman ACF
Usman Bayero Nafada, former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor
at University of Lagos
Attahiru Jega, Professor, former
chairman, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, former executive
director of the World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister
of Justice & Attorney General of the
Federation
Nnenadi Usman, former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, former First Lady
Shehu Ladan, former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, former Secretary
General OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, current chairman,
EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor Kaduna
State
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda, former Governor, Bauchi
State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor,
Nasarawa State
Shamsudeen Usman, former Minister of
National Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari,
Governor, Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam, Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, former
Governor, Taraba State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor,
Yobe State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State
governor
Abubakar El-Kanemi, Shehu of Borno
Ibrahim Zakzaky prominent Shiite-Islam
cleric
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governor
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), current
Emir of Kano
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state
governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State
governor
Samuel Oboh, architect
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, Namibian, politician
AND MY HUMBLE SELF... Engr Master P.(ademasta), Electrical Engineering, U09 set. If you are proudly an Abusite, or you just enjoy the write-up oya hit LIKE...

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 5:13am On Oct 18, 2015
HomieQuan:
its true ai...its on wikipedia
hmmm! Ok... But d tin s, university of ilorin will swallow O.A.U(fact)

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sweet7oyin(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2015
0955eb027:
hmmm! Ok... But d tin s, university of ilorin will swallow O.A.U(fact)
are you kidding me

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Yhemit(m): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2015
Wen we OAU...... unilorin ko unikwara ni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 8:57am On Oct 18, 2015
Yhemit:
Wen we OAU...... unilorin ko unikwara ni
make Google ya friend and stop ranting like an insane dog
Fact: unilorin is bigger than Oau
Anoda fact: ABU is bigger than Unilorin

17 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sweet7oyin(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2015
baruzeez:
make Google ya friend and stop ranting like an insane dog
Fact: unilorin is bigger than Oau
Anoda fact: ABU is bigger than Unilorin
what z actually there is d length of the developed area

3 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Boundless landmass.

African universities have physical space, we just need to improve our content and quality of graduates.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2015
Lol.. Do they specify the land size on their certificates?

Ma school is the 6th largest tho.. cheesy

Btw, who land size don help for labour market? undecided

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by killzone(m): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2015
Ilorin that has plenty land and no structures smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Manweysabi(m): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2015
acenazt:
My School!!! ABU ZARIA we NATURALLY AHEAD.

Wow!
Graduated from this Department '09

Greatest Abusite!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Catalyst4real: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2015
[b]That is my main problem with students from schools in the East and West.
They are wallowing in so much pride.

Taking pride in Futility and inexistent trivialities.
Thats why Northerners are always smarter, wiser and more Intellectual.

Because, an Average Igbo man will underestimate a Hausa man.
You call them "Ewu-Hausa" (Hausa goat) and all types of derogatory names.

You think they're stewpid and incapable of attaining great heights.

It is that contempt that makes you blind to their potentials.
In disguise they are excelling, but you won't see it, because you don't expect excellence from them.

This Tribalism and regionalism is what is Killing us, it has eaten deep into our souls.

You see a university that is the biggest in Nigeria and second largest in Africa

Normally you're expected to tap your chest and say yes, my country is taking the lead.

But No you won't, because the development is not coming from your region.

This is paralysing, and until we learn to unitedly appreciate progress as a nation, irrespective of where it is coming from, we will always be estranged to Growth[/b].

92 Likes 17 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by handie(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
This comment made me modify.
Adeoba10:

Bro, compare ur comment with ur siggy and rate ursef
thanks Adeoba10.... We all make mistakes.
Does this size make it the best university in Nigeria? #BigForNothing. [s] Or does it's size eliminate that annoying Hausa accent that's present in at least 75% of their graduates? [/s]

4 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
North is now a gold mine! Due to boko haram insurgency in the north, thousands of people are running away from that zone but the truth of the matter is there are lots of job opportunities in the north presently.... The West, East and South south is now congested!
So to those looking for jobs, this is food for thought!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by EmmyDe25(m): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
I'm sorry Op.But this is no news. ABU Zaria is the largest university in Nigeria, and in Sub-saharan Africa. And of course, the 2nd largest in Africa. Second only to the university of cairo. However, this has never in anyway increase the institution's webometric ranking... My point exactly? The size means nothing. Btw, I am an alumnus.

7 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by AINATOLULOPE: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
I see serious arguments coming on this thread..

Meanwhile, I Rep NOUN. Biggest University in Africa

DON'T Quote Me. BE WARNED!!!

5 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by obontami: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
[size=22pt]okay [/size]

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Ayoswit(f): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
I hope this isnt a case of 'big 4 nothing'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by damton(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
This kind of school makes schools like university of Lagos look like a department.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by worlexy(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
And so?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by worlexy(m): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
On to the next one
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Not about the size !
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by confamgist237: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ok
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by lincolnj88: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tru talk
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by worlexy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
damton:
h
Are you reciting alphabets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 / UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam / Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.