Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria (62530 Views)

Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by cyberuzo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
I humbly disagree. Federal.university of Technology, Minna, Niger state
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nairalanders love Baseless arguments... How does it provide jobs for millions of graduates who just sit at home, and are becoming liabilities to their families
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
neoapocalypse:

This is not a list but a fact , ABU is the biggest university in Nigeria
aint arguing abt ABU o.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Johnsonpa:
I just wonder why you people place your judgement on an empty knowledge...did you ever searched for the size of OAU landmass before you started commenting wrongly...
Bobo, no vex as e neva reach d level of empty knowledge.. Av u searched 4 dat of unilorin?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Person wey neva reach anoda man's farm go dey talk say na hin own big pass ....... OAU pre-degree campus alone is bigger than Uniilorin .... #fact not that alone , 100 years to come Uniilorin can neva be compared with OAU in terms of academics ....
ur fist sentence s true.. pre-degreè campus? Haba! Talk anoda tin...lastly, dis aint abt academics, its abt landmass..
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by J4Jenom(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
proudly abusite, '15 alumni ...faculty of law...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

O.A.U., Ile-Ife is second to A.B.U., Zaria. OAU's agricultural farm alone is far bigger than Unilorin.
funny u... U even put "far bigger"
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Person wey neva reach anoda man's farm go dey talk say na hin own big pass ....... OAU pre-degree campus alone is bigger than Uniilorin .... #fact not that alone , 100 years to come Uniilorin can neva be compared with OAU in terms of academics ....
The first day I went to the agric farm on practical, it's as if I was travelling outside Ile-Ife. It's not unsual for graduates of OAU to confess that for the 4, 5, 6, or 7 seven years they spent in the school, they couldn't to some parts of it.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 6fit(f): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
0955eb027:
hmmm! Ok... But d tin s, university of ilorin will swallow O.A.U(fact)

and Univ of Ibadan d premier UNIVERSITY of which i graduated from will swallow both Ilorin and OAU....hit like U.I Alumni in d house
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sweet7oyin(m): 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
6fit:

and Univ of Ibadan d premier UNIVERSITY of which i graduated from will swallow both Ilorin and OAU....hit like U.I Alumni in d house
eleyi n sh'aro
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
6fit:

I can run 400 metres round UI without sweating.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
sweet7oyin:
eleyi n sh'aro
Obirin to n sh'aro. O ti n wa s'Awo.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Mjjordan(m): 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
by landmass ABU=7000 hectares unilorin=15,000 hectares by apprx now do d math!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Covis1991(f): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
How old are this University ?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by micronut(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
Covis1991:
How old are this University ?
"these Universities"! ABU and OAU are 53 while Unilorin is celebrating 40th Anniversary this week. And why did u ask?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Lasveg(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
my own skul is one of d biggest in africa in terms of achievements, not in terms of empty pieces of land. It even boast d largest library in africa, thereby helping people gain more access to books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Daft Nigerian graduates arguing about nonsense!! So what if its the biggest?? How does this solve the unemployment disaster in the land?? I had expected that by now, we would have been united by this problem to pressure our government into doing something?? But No!! Na too dey talk rubbish here.. And please don't quote me.. I'm an ABUsite afterall.. But i nor send una
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Once an Abusite, always an Abusite! Not our fault, that's just how we roll! Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is the largest University in Nigeria, second largest in Africa. Second only to Cairo University in Egypt. ABU is the largest in Sub-sahara Africa, from the North of Niger to the South of Limpopo. ABU may not be the best according to the webometric ranking but it's still within the respectable position... But in terms of largeness, forget! And ABU is known to be the greatest when it comes to producing leaders...people like Azubuike Ihejirika, former Chief of Army
Staff
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR, former
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Namadi Sambo, former Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, former Chief Justice
of Nigeria
Faruk Imam, Justice kogi state judiciary
Atiku Abubakar GCON, former Vice
Oladipo Diya, GCON, former Vice
President/CGS, Federal Republic of
Nigeria
Yayale Ahmed, former Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, former Speaker,
House of Representatives
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba Leader,
Former chairman ACF
Usman Bayero Nafada, former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor
at University of Lagos
Attahiru Jega, Professor, former
chairman, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, former executive
director of the World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister
of Justice & Attorney General of the
Federation
Nnenadi Usman, former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, former First Lady
Shehu Ladan, former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, former Secretary
General OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, current chairman,
EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor Kaduna
State
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda, former Governor, Bauchi
State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor,
Nasarawa State
Shamsudeen Usman, former Minister of
National Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari,
Governor, Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam, Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, former
Governor, Taraba State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor,
Yobe State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State
governor
Abubakar El-Kanemi, Shehu of Borno
Ibrahim Zakzaky prominent Shiite-Islam
cleric
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governor
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), current
Emir of Kano
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state
governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State
governor
Samuel Oboh, architect
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, Namibian, politician
AND MY HUMBLE SELF... Engr Master P.(ademasta), Electrical Engineering, U09 set. If you are proudly an Abusite, or you just enjoy the write-up oya hit LIKE...

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Klexy007(m): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Stop dreaming....... Unilorin has land mass of about 75,000Ha........ D biggest uni in naija by Far!!!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by gidjah(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yea yea !!that's my school,school so so big that it has been able to produce the highest number of criminals ,high way robbers, selfish, corrupt and unpathriotic Leaders In Nigeria!!yea yea that's A B U.a school still enjoying lost and past glory!!thanks to mallaam Hausa and tuwo politics
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by gidjah(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
For Una info, I grad in d yr 2004 as science guru.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by fizzy94(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
elopee3000:
guy Wetin dey vex u? no mind the op ,ABU can be biggest in the world for all I care land mass is nothing bornu state is bigger than Israel yet Israel can defeat the whole west Africa put together ,a lecturer in UNN nsukka is equal to professor in any northern universit angry
Haha biafra people never seize to amaze me. And you'll say you're and educated person o
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by fizzy94(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
elopee3000:
guy Wetin dey vex u? no mind the op ,ABU can be biggest in the world for all I care land mass is nothing bornu state is bigger than Israel yet Israel can defeat the whole west Africa put together ,a lecturer in UNN nsukka is equal to professor in any northern universit angry
Haha biafra people never seize to amaze me. And you'll say you're an educated person o
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
6fit:

UI! Dnt even go dere...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by micodon(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2015
ABU is the largest when you factor in Land mass plus student population plus structures. But Land Mass alone, Unilorin is the largest in Nigeria. No other university comes close
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by HenryG(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2015
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by HAZAZEL: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2015
ademasta:

Listen to yourself ''FUTO is one of the biggest universities"... But the Op didn't put the list of universities, he told you the fact. And that's the fact! Search google... Just type "the largest university in Nigeria"

Once an Abusite, always an Abusite! Not our fault, that's just how we roll! Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is the largest University in Nigeria, second largest in Africa. Second only to Cairo University in Egypt. ABU is the largest in Sub-sahara Africa, from the North of Niger to the South of Limpopo. ABU may not be the best according to the webometric ranking but it's still within the respectable position... But in terms of largeness, forget! And ABU is known to be the greatest when it comes to producing leaders...people like Azubuike Ihejirika, former Chief of Army
Staff
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR, former
Namadi Sambo, former Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, former Chief Justice
of Nigeria
Faruk Imam, Justice kogi state judiciary
Atiku Abubakar GCON, former Vice
Oladipo Diya, GCON, former Vice
President/CGS, Federal Republic of
Nigeria
Yayale Ahmed, former Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, former Speaker,
House of Representatives
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba Leader,
Former chairman ACF
Usman Bayero Nafada, former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor
at University of Lagos
Attahiru Jega, Professor, former
chairman, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, former executive
director of the World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister
of Justice & Attorney General of the
Federation
Nnenadi Usman, former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, former First Lady
Shehu Ladan, former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, former Secretary
General OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, current chairman,
EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor Kaduna
State
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda, former Governor, Bauchi
State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor,
Nasarawa State
Shamsudeen Usman, former Minister of
National Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari,
Governor, Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam, Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, former
Governor, Taraba State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor,
Yobe State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State
governor
Abubakar El-Kanemi, Shehu of Borno
Ibrahim Zakzaky prominent Shiite-Islam
cleric
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governor
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), current
Emir of Kano
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state
governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State
governor
Samuel Oboh, architect
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, Namibian, politician
AND MY HUMBLE SELF... Engr Master P.(ademasta), Electrical Engineering, U09 set. If you are proudly an Abusite, or you just enjoy the write-up oya hit LIKE...

Please I would love to study in ABU in 3 years time, please hope no tribalism there?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2015
HAZAZEL:

Please I would love to study in ABU in 3 years time, please hope no tribalism there?
ABU welcomes you my brother... No tribalism!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2015
Kunlexic:
Shut up and stop making noise jare!
It is what everybody has known and it is non-argueable that ABU has the largest university campus in the sub-saharan africa while OAU follows....stop ur critics.
See your life. Why are you ranting? Verify from google and stop hurling insult.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by dom(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2015
Yeah. Quite large. Have visited it and have driven past enroute to Sokoto. Too large that it cant be fenced. Mostly empty landmass though.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Manweysabi(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2015
I think A.B.U is the only northern university with less or no tribalism.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2015
Lasveg:
my own skul is one of d biggest in africa in terms of achievements, not in terms of empty pieces of land. It even boast d largest library in africa, thereby helping people gain more access to books.
name the school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fun Test: Name the Parts of the Body in Your Language! / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.