Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria (62527 Views)

Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Zellie: 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
damton:
This kind of school makes schools like university of Lagos look like a department.
And the University of Benin, a cafeteria grin

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

O.A.U., Ile-Ife is second to A.B.U., Zaria. OAU's agricultural farm alone is far bigger than Unilorin.
where do u put funaab with 10,000hectares? 1st or 2nd
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Macgreat(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
then they should make use of the land, build industries, farms etc.

All those land just wasting away!

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bamoha:
The Notable and prestigious ahmadu bello university zaria is the biggest university in Nigeria with a landmass spreading to around 7000 hectares of land . The university is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto , Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello , the first premier of Northern Nigeria. The university has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching
hospitals in Nigeria and Africa.

notable mention:
Obafemi awolowo university,
university of illorin
you are misleading o;check well to know funaab is 10000hectare
source:www.unaab.edu.ng

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
bankot123:

That's so true. You can decide to stay inside the campus for a whole year without stepping out of the gate.. All what you need include a very big market is within the campus. Great Ife
Exactly. You can even fuel your car and refill your gas without going out of the campus. For those that like fresh food, agric students sell their farm produce.

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by DTOBS(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
baruzeez:
make Google ya friend and stop ranting like an insane dog
Fact: unilorin is bigger than Oau
Anoda fact: ABU is bigger than Unilorin
Mr man, shut up and stop saying rubbish!
OAU is by far the biggest uni in Nigeria in terms of land mass... right from Moro where the PD school is located down to the outskirt of the city of ile ife...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sir05za(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
ABU the greatest

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ademat7:
where do u put funaab with 10,000hectares? 1st or 2nd
I only know the first and second, ABU and OAU; which are the second and third, respectively in Africa.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ayoswit:
I hope this isnt a case of 'big 4 nothing'.
bad bellerism is allowed. I'm sure no matter how "big for nothing" it is it'll still be better dan d uni u attend (dat's if u're in a uni sef)
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
DTOBS:

OAU is by far the biggest uni in Nigeria in terms of land mass... right from Moro where the PD school is located down to the outskirt of the city of ile ife...
Don't mind him. OAU extends beyond Ile-Ife.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
DTOBS:

shhhhhh lipsrsealed. Google is ur friend
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I only know the first and second, ABU and OAU; which are the second and third, respectively in Africa.
compare to ABU with 7000Ha
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by paulsir: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Funaab has a land mass of 40k hectares.How did i know you will say?,i was a student there.i remember a course PCP in which you will get your farm by shooting a catapult or are you saying a school that that the jungle housed a tiger like animal is not big enough.Although i rep BU.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by SaintRobs: 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oh,is it after Unilorin snatches the lands of the neighbouring villages? I'm from one of those villages,so stop boasting of the evil acts perpetrated by Unilorin.
baruzeez:
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Olamilekan08(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
In case you don't know, Unilorin has a landmass of 15,000 Ha. Which is the highest figure claimed by a University that I've ever come by.
Pls next time make a thorough and objective research so you won't be bias.
http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=11065
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cigrjournal.org/index.php/Ejounral/article/view/1372/1260&sa=U&ved=0CAoQFjACOApqFQoTCNrxzfmTzMgCFUHHGgoda28BqA&usg=AFQjCNHUfg7Sv9T7xbP02-5g4Xz3SiPQ7g

unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/237-unilorinnews/3731-building-a-campus-like-no-other-2?highlight=WyJoZWN0YXJlcyJd
And one interesting thing is that Unilorin "embarked on a massive project of 10,000 hectares of oil Palm plantation to invest in the future and generate another oil revenue for the nation. The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala, was on our campus on Thursday, May 15, 2014 to inaugurate the project”. Take note, that that plantation is situated on the campus and 'swallows' the whole of ABU.
unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/237-unilorinnews/4115-ambali-seeks-better-synergy-between-researchers-investors?highlight=WyJoZWN0YXJlcyJd

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
With 10000 Hectare...FUNAAB leads, others follow...In terms of land mass grin

The university is one of the three universities of agriculture in
Nigeria , the other being in Makurdi (Benue State) and Umudike
(Abia State). The university started at its mini-campus in Isale-
Igbein in the heart of Abeokuta , the capital of Ogun State . In
December 1997 it moverd to its permanent site on a 10,000-
hectare campus which is located next to the Ogun-Oshun River
Basin Development Authority on the Abeokuta-Ibadan road in the
North Eastern end of the city, 15 km from Abeokuta City Centre https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki Federal_University_of_Agriculture,_Abeokuta
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ahmadu Bello LMAO... But one of his sons is schooling in my university in the UK. Its not by land mass and the name self no merit him children
Bamoha:
The Notable and prestigious ahmadu bello university zaria is the biggest university in Nigeria with a landmass spreading to around 7000 hectares of land . The university is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto , Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello , the first premier of Northern Nigeria. The university has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching

notable mention:
university of illorin
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
handie:
Does this size make it the best university in Nigeria? #BigForNothing. Or does it's size eliminate that annoying Hausa accent that's present in at least 75% of their graduates?

Every human being has an accent.

The post does not claim that it is the best. It is the biggest in terms of land mass.

Of course you are correct that size does not equate quality. We need to celebrate quality more than just size.

However, the size is notable.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sweet7oyin(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Catalyst4real:
[b]That is my main problem with students from schools in the East and West.
They are wallowing in so much pride.

Taking pride in Futility and inexistent trivialities.
Thats why Northerners are always smarter, wiser and more Intellectual.

Because, an Average Igbo man will underestimate a Hausa man.
You call them "Ewu-Hausa" (Hausa goat) and all types of derogatory names.

You think they're stewpid and incapable of attaining great heights.

It is that contempt that makes you blind to their potentials.
In disguise they are excelling, but you won't see it, because you don't expect excellence from them.

This Tribalism and regionalism is what is Killing us, it has eaten deep into our souls.

You see a university that is the biggest in Nigeria and second largest in Africa

Normally you're expected to tap your chest and say yes, my country is taking the lead.

But No you won't, because the development is not coming from your region.

This is paralysing, and until we learn to unitedly appreciate progress as a nation, irrespective of where it is coming from, we will always be estranged to Growth[/b].
lol Hu is arguing with you Abi is t Hu s jealous of you
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Adeoba10(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
handie:
Does this size make it the best university in Nigeria? #BigForNothing. Or does it's size eliminate that annoying Hausa accent that's present in at least 75% of their graduates?
Bro, compare ur comment with ur siggy and rate ursef
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
0955eb027:
hmmm! Ok... But d tin s, university of ilorin will swallow O.A.U(fact)
Person wey neva reach anoda man's farm go dey talk say na hin own big pass ....... OAU pre-degree campus alone is bigger than Uniilorin .... #fact not that alone , 100 years to come Uniilorin can neva be compared with OAU in terms of academics ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by younghartz(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mouau will reach there someday grin smiley
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bamoha:

notable mention:
university of illorin

This is not true at all, Unilorin is the biggest.
The University of Ilorin is located in the
ancient city of Ilorin, about 500 kilometres
from Abuja, the Federal capital. Ilorin, the
Capital of Kwara State, is strategically located
at the geographical and cultural confluence of
the North and South with a land mass of
75,000 (approximate) hectare.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Abusite are all son's and daughters of love, let love rules.. We love love... Proud to be a product of Abusite.....
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by olutunde12(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Buhari will soon "release" the stale list universities in Nigeria and NLders will have another list to celebrate!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sir05za(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
That's ABU Zaria, take it or leave it.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Dayg88(m): 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
baruzeez:

Seems you're high.
I finished from OAU and presently a team member in the construction of the NLNG engineering lab and I've gone round the whole school and can authoritatively tell you that unilorin is like a lecture theatre in OAU. Always get your facts right
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Olamilekan08(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Person wey neva reach anoda man's farm go dey talk say na hin own big pass ....... OAU pre-degree campus alone is bigger than Uniilorin .... #fact not that alone , 100 years to come Uniilorin can neva be compared with OAU in terms of academics ....
Have you set your foot or eyes on Unilorin campus?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
AINATOLULOPE:
I see serious arguments coming on this thread..

Meanwhile, I Rep NOUN. Biggest University in Africa

DON'T Quote Me. BE WARNED!!!
and I quoted u tongue
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by moshoodn(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bamoha:

notable mention:
university of illorin

FUTMINNA has 10,650 hectares of land.....
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Mikeal09: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
A.B.U Zaria, we're naturally ahead!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fun Test: Name the Parts of the Body in Your Language! / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.