Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria (62526 Views)

Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2015
Klexy007:

Stop dreaming....... Unilorin has land mass of about 75,000Ha........ D biggest uni in naija by Far!!!
who is dreaming among both of u? Can u now see dat u are d 1 dreaming
75,000Ha...oniiro oshi!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2015
Bimpe29:

See your life. Why are you ranting? Verify from google and stop hurling insult.
I knew dat from ur google search,u went to wikipedia.
The wikipedia that told u that the landmass of the institutions said unilorin is 15k ha right while ABU is 7K Ha and OAU is 11Ha.why dnt u notice that it is that same search engine that told u Abu is the biggest in Nigeria and 2nd in Africa after univ of cairo.

I just want u to knw dat dose figures of landmass are not confirmed figures,they are estimated figures from their eyes view into the campus and it is written on their site but from research and ranking ABU was given the largest in Nigeria,OAU is the 2nd in terms of land mass.

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by bukqar(m): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2015
ekenedavidity:
I don't believe it u guys should check well . I believe FUTO is one of the biggest universities
u want join land wey dey north and west.we don't horde for land bro....dats y its call center of learning Dan ubanka
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Dayg88(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
baruzeez:
common sense is though tagged to be common but the fact is that it is 'uncommon', I told you make Google ya friend since u can't Wikipedia it I've already done dat for you now
Oau: 11,861 hectares
Unilorin: 15,000 hectares
Sources: oauife.edu.ng, Wikipedia and unilorin.edu.ng

Oh, thanks for the insult and also for the research. Guess I didn't see that part of Wikipedia. Still can't believe unilorin is still bigger than OAU. If u've been to OAU, you'll understand what I mean

But wait......
Wiki actually placed ABU first with a land mass of 7ha
OAU second with 11ha and
Unilorin third with 15ha. Seems something is wrong.
I've gone around the whole unilorin in just 3 months, but I haven't didn't even get to half of OAU in my 6 yr stay.
You'll understand better if u get to OAU. It's actually the biggest I've been to.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Dayg88:

Oh, thanks for the insult and also for the research. Guess I didn't see that part of Wikipedia. Still can't believe unilorin is still bigger than OAU. If u've been to OAU, you'll understand what I mean

But wait......
Wiki actually placed ABU first with a land mass of 7ha
OAU second with 11ha and
Unilorin third with 15ha. Seems something is wrong.
I've gone around the whole unilorin in just 3 months, but I haven't didn't even get to half of OAU in my 6 yr stay.
You'll understand better if u get to OAU. It's actually the biggest I've been to.
so u even enter those unilorin bush reach our Teaching Hospital
yeye dey smell. Just like saying U carry Keke Maruwa go moon
u no even sabi lie, when even our teaching hospital is inside the school
ogbeni no follow me drag ma school jawe
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Lasveg(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2015
Kunlexic:
name the school
UNN of course
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by harbeeblanre(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
olohu. i love u .even if u may be a guy. chai! see fact. if u cant hit d like u be hypocrite. even as a lasuite, i need to be honest
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by harbeeblanre(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
dagini sowenu
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by adamshuaib(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
ademasta:

AND MY HUMBLE SELF... Engr Master P.(ademasta), Electrical Engineering, U09 set. If you are proudly an Abusite, or you just enjoy the write-up oya hit LIKE...

Omo, This part na die, make sense di.e *thumbs up* Proudly an Abusite u10 Metabolite
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by freddaboh(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
ademasta:

Listen to yourself ''FUTO is one of the biggest universities"... But the Op didn't put the list of universities, he told you the fact. And that's the fact! Search google... Just type "the largest university in Nigeria"

Once an Abusite, always an Abusite! Not our fault, that's just how we roll! Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is the largest University in Nigeria, second largest in Africa. Second only to Cairo University in Egypt. ABU is the largest in Sub-sahara Africa, from the North of Niger to the South of Limpopo. ABU may not be the best according to the webometric ranking but it's still within the respectable position... But in terms of largeness, forget! And ABU is known to be the greatest when it comes to producing leaders...people like Azubuike Ihejirika, former Chief of Army
Staff
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR, former
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Namadi Sambo, former Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, former Chief Justice
of Nigeria
Faruk Imam, Justice kogi state judiciary
Atiku Abubakar GCON, former Vice
Oladipo Diya, GCON, former Vice
President/CGS, Federal Republic of
Nigeria
Yayale Ahmed, former Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, former Speaker,
House of Representatives
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba Leader,
Former chairman ACF
Usman Bayero Nafada, former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor
at University of Lagos
Attahiru Jega, Professor, former
chairman, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, former executive
director of the World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister
of Justice & Attorney General of the
Federation
Nnenadi Usman, former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, former First Lady
Shehu Ladan, former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, former Secretary
General OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, current chairman,
EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor Kaduna
State
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda, former Governor, Bauchi
State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor,
Nasarawa State
Shamsudeen Usman, former Minister of
National Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari,
Governor, Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam, Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, former
Governor, Taraba State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor,
Yobe State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State
governor
Abubakar El-Kanemi, Shehu of Borno
Ibrahim Zakzaky prominent Shiite-Islam
cleric
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governor
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), current
Emir of Kano
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state
governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State
governor
Samuel Oboh, architect
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, Namibian, politician
AND MY HUMBLE SELF... Engr Master P.(ademasta), Electrical Engineering, U09 set. If you are proudly an Abusite, or you just enjoy the write-up oya hit LIKE...

PROUDLY AN ABUSITE.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by HAZAZEL: 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
ademasta:

ABU welcomes you my brother... No tribalism!

What are the entry requirements for electrical electronics engineering? I am about to complete my degree programme in chemical engineering. Can I use the result to seek a direct entry in ABU? Thanks
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by yrash: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
ademasta:

Listen to yourself ''FUTO is one of the biggest universities"... But the Op didn't put the list of universities, he told you the fact. And that's the fact! Search google... Just type "the largest university in Nigeria"

Once an Abusite, always an Abusite! Not our fault, that's just how we roll! Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is the largest University in Nigeria, second largest in Africa. Second only to Cairo University in Egypt. ABU is the largest in Sub-sahara Africa, from the North of Niger to the South of Limpopo. ABU may not be the best according to the webometric ranking but it's still within the respectable position... But in terms of largeness, forget! And ABU is known to be the greatest when it comes to producing leaders...people like Azubuike Ihejirika, former Chief of Army
Staff
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR, former
Namadi Sambo, former Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, former Chief Justice
of Nigeria
Faruk Imam, Justice kogi state judiciary
Atiku Abubakar GCON, former Vice
Oladipo Diya, GCON, former Vice
President/CGS, Federal Republic of
Nigeria
Yayale Ahmed, former Secretary to the
Government of the Federation
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, former Speaker,
House of Representatives
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba Leader,
Former chairman ACF
Usman Bayero Nafada, former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor
at University of Lagos
Attahiru Jega, Professor, former
chairman, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, former executive
director of the World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister
of Justice & Attorney General of the
Federation
Nnenadi Usman, former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, former First Lady
Shehu Ladan, former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, former Secretary
General OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, current chairman,
EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor Kaduna
State
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda, former Governor, Bauchi
State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor,
Nasarawa State
Shamsudeen Usman, former Minister of
National Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari,
Governor, Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam, Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, former
Governor, Taraba State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor,
Yobe State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State
governor
Abubakar El-Kanemi, Shehu of Borno
Ibrahim Zakzaky prominent Shiite-Islam
cleric
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governor
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), current
Emir of Kano
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state
governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State
governor
Samuel Oboh, architect
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, Namibian, politician
Great ABUSITE
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
adamshuaib:

Omo, This part na die, make sense di.e *thumbs up* Proudly an Abusite u10 Metabolite
I see you brother... Proudly Abusite!

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
freddaboh:

PROUDLY AN ABUSITE.
Naturally ahead!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
HAZAZEL:

What are the entry requirements for electrical electronics engineering? I am about to complete my degree programme in chemical engineering. Can I use the result to seek a direct entry in ABU? Thanks
Wow, congrats! But why wanting to enter into another degree program wit a degree certificate? I hope you are in a university already.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by HAZAZEL: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2015
ademasta:

Wow, congrats! But why wanting to enter into another degree program wit a degree certificate? I hope you are in a university already.

Yeah am in a degree programe in a university already. But I don't love the course.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ademasta(m): 7:51am On Oct 21, 2015
HAZAZEL:

Yeah am in a degree programe in a university already. But I don't love the course.
Wow... But seriously i haven't heard a case of using degree to pursue a degree in this country sha... All i have been hearing so far is transfering from a school to another. Maybe from 200l to 200l in another sch.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by maturemindsonly(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
ictrepublic:
I know FUNAAB is over 10,000 hectares.So, how come 7000 is the biggest?

ABU has a land mass area of 7000hec.. n FUNAAB covers 10000hec, FUNAAB has a river, n a dam I think...
I'm not sure ABU does
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by decosule93(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2016
A student of Ahmadu Bello University is naturally ahead...
Proudly an Abusite and always an abusite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ekelepat(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
rep abu !!!
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sexyellency(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

O.A.U., Ile-Ife is second to A.B.U., Zaria. OAU's agricultural farm alone is far bigger than Unilorin.
You dey yne oau? unilorin go swallow oau 3×! I repeat 3×!! just try waka unilorin from gate to dam wey still far to campus nah den u go knw wetin dem mean by better by far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fun Test: Name the Parts of the Body in Your Language! / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.