Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Guys I Need Your Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys I Need Your Opinion (2252 Views)

Help Me Guys!!! I Cant Stop Peeping At My Cousin Tru The Door Knob / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys I Need Your Opinion by ima1(f): 12:48am On Apr 30, 2009
okay here is my question.

Is it a bad thing to want to know where your husband is when he goes out and has not returned for like 5 hrs after he called you to say he was coming back home. i do not want to be a nagging wife, i trust him and don't think he is cheating (cuz he knows i will leave him in a heartbeat if i knew he was cheating).
According to my husband, "a man is not required to tell his wife where is", which i totally disagree with cuz if something bad happens to him, i would want to know. i feel like maybe i am up all in his business when i ask him where he was. what do u guys think.

should i just let him do his thing and do mine, and not care where he goes to or what he does. cuz most of the time i am stuck in the house alone while he is out, i work and go to school full-time and when i have a day off, i just wanna spend it with him but he is not home and i don't wanna be a nag.

so what should i do, go out myself and have my own fun and just ignore him, cuz wats the point of being married.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 12:52am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

Is it a bad thing to want to know where your husband is when he goes out and has not returned for like 5 hrs after he called you to say he was coming back home. i do not want to be a nagging wife, i trust him and don't think he is cheating (cuz he knows i will leave him in a heartbeat if i knew he was cheating).
According to my husband, "a man is not required to tell his wife where is", which i totally disagree with cuz if something bad happens to him, i would want to know. i feel like maybe i am up all in his business when i ask him where he was. what do u guys think.

should i just let him do his thing and do mine, and not care where he goes to or what he does. cuz most of the time i am stuck in the house alone while he is out, i work and go to school full-time and when i have a day off, i just wanna spend it with him but he is not home and i don't wanna be a nag.

so what should i do, go out myself and have my own fun and just ignore him, cuz wats the point of being married.

Was he joking when he said that?? undecided
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 12:53am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

Go out with your girlfriends and have fun.
Leave him alone to do his thing.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by ima1(f): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2009
tope2000:

Was he joking when he said that?? undecided

I wish he was cuz, i was shocked when he said it and was like what the fu*k did u say

~Sauron~:

That is what i have been thinking
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 12:59am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Communication is vital in every relationship.

@Poster
Please dont just start going out with ur friends because ur husband wont tell u where he has been . . . . . .This might have effect on ur relationship later on e.g. Lack of trust

Try n talk to him wink

B.T.W I op the tone in which u asked him where he was wasnt too harsh? this might have pissed him off undecided
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Bad advice IMO. Your husband's "thing" is now your "thing" . . . if anything happens to him its you who will feel the pinch the most. Try and talk to him and make him see sense. I wouldnt want to spend so much time away from my wife.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 1:04am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

That is what i have been thinking

Join a Yoga class, go to the nearest cinema, take a stroll to the library.
Keep your mind busy. . . . .get PS3 console, burn ur energy playing Mortal Kombat.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
The more you worry about your hubby's whereabouts, the shorter your life span gets.

BE HAPPY!!!

tope2000:

Communication is vital in every relationship.

And who told you they don't communicate on other issues??
There's nothing in the constutition that says a man should tell his partner everything.
Hell. . . . . .I don't tell God everything.

davidylan:

Bad advice IMO. Your husband's "thing" is now your "thing" . . . if anything happens to him its you who will feel the pinch the most. Try and talk to him and make him see sense. I wouldnt want to spend so much time away from my wife.

I get antsy when women overdo their calls bombardment.
"Where are you" question every 5 mins can be tiring.
Jeeeez, i am fyne(i have been taking care of meself since). . . . . . .That should be enough.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 1:08am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

And who told you they don't communicate on other issues??
There's nothing in the constutition that says a man should tell his partner everything.
Hell. . . . . .I don't tell God everything.

Telling ur wife where u were or went is now a big deal ?
So own wife's whereabout is non of ur bizness? undecided
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

do you want to go out to get back at him? or you really want to hang out with ur friends?
if you are doing it to get back at him, history and statistics suggest that you'd be on the losing side.

dont' do it ma'am. talk to him
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 1:18am On Apr 30, 2009
tope2000:

Telling ur wife where u were or went is now a big deal ?
So own wife's whereabout is non of ur bizness? undecided

It's a big deal if i had already told her where i was going and she kept asking.
Gosh. . . . . .I am going to Finsbury park, i will be back in 2 hours.
Why call him again within the 2 hours to ask the same question?
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 1:22am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's a big deal if i had already told her where i was going and she kept asking.
Gosh. . . . . .I am going to Finsbury park, i will be back in 2 hours.
Why call him again within the 2 hours to ask the same question?

I dont think u read the poster's story very well undecided
Is it a bad thing to want to know where your husband is when he goes out and has not returned for like 5 hrs after he called you to say he was coming back home

So therefore she is bound to be worried n have the right to ask him where he has been. cool
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

I get antsy when women overdo their calls bombardment.
"Where are you" question every 5 mins can be tiring.
Jeeeez, i am fyne(i have been taking care of meself since). . . . . . .That should be enough.

As long as she's not asking in a way that makes it sound like she's suspicious of your every move, i think its a valid question to ask as your wife. I'd be worried if my gf (not even wife) wasnt bothered about where i'd spent my day.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by kaypumpin2(m): 1:25am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

The highlighted is a recipe for a precipice in a relationship.

Maybe his response was impulsive thus communication and  understanding is KEY.

And remember we are talking about a life-long journey here. cool
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by kaypumpin2(m): 1:25am On Apr 30, 2009
davidylan:

As long as she's not asking in a way that makes it sound like she's suspicious of your every move, i think its a valid question to ask as your wife. I'd be worried if my gf (not even wife) wasnt bothered about where i'd spent my day.

Couldn't have said it any better! cool
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Hauwa1: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2009
oh goodness Sauron is making me laugh, do her thing playing mortar kombart? now that's funny grin grin
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2009
Are you minding Sauron?

@topic

Ask him if it works both ways? I mean are you also entitled to be wherever you want to be, go wherever you want to go without telling him? He didn't put your feelings into consideration before blurting out that statement. Does he realize the type of trauma one can go through if their loved one appears to be missing? I don't know why people think like this.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 1:28am On Apr 30, 2009
davidylan:

Thanks jare
some men deserve to grow old alone . . . i swear tongue

@poster
Talk to him wink
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 30, 2009
stillwater:

Are you minding Sauron?

@topic

Ask him if it works both ways? I mean are you also entitled to be wherever you want to be, go wherever you want to go without telling him? He didn't put your feelings into consideration before blurting out that statement. Does he realize the type of trauma one can go through if their loved one appears to be missing? I don't know why people think like this.

Before we jump into conclusions here . . . we have only heard Ima's side of the story. How did she ask him? Nicely or aggressively? Was he stressed or in a bad mood when she asked the question? There is a way to win over your husband . . . its not by being dismissive.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 1:29am On Apr 30, 2009
kay_pumpin:

The highlighted is a recipe for a precipice in a relationship.

Maybe his response was impulsive thus communication and  understanding is KEY.

And remember we are talking about a life-long journey here. cool

Are u married? Life-long journey??
U must be an ardent fan of Mills n Boon . . . . . grin

davidylan:

Of course, women ask these questions like they are suspicious of something.
"Where are you, hmmmmmm??"  "Are u sure??" "Don't do what i wouldn't do"
Lets be honest, such comments bore men to death.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 1:31am On Apr 30, 2009
davidylan:

Before we jump into conclusions here . . . we have only heard Ima's side of the story. How did she ask him? Nicely or aggressively? Was he stressed or in a bad mood when she asked the question? There is a way to win over your husband . . . its not by being dismissive.

Now thats another thing undecided
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Hauwa1: 1:34am On Apr 30, 2009
deleted
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 30, 2009
davidylan:

I can only go by what Ima says for now. She can't even call him to ask how he is after five hours of saying he's on his way before he says she's monitoring his movements, abeg.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by kaypumpin2(m): 1:35am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are u married? Life-long journey??
U must be an ardent fan of Mills n Boon . . . . . grin

Of course i am and speaking from experience cheesy

Except you have a contrary defination for marriage,i will take your M&B shot as a compliment. tongue
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 30, 2009
stillwater:

I can only go by what Ima says for now. She can't even call him to ask how he is after five hours of saying he's on his way before he says she's monitoring his movements, abeg.

Perhaps she does this way too often the guy was begining to feel smothered. I'm not even a fan of married folks who bring their marital problems here . . . solve them at home! It isnt rocket science . . . if you cant read your partner's body language by now . . . na wa o.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by twealth: 1:37am On Apr 30, 2009
Pls dont  strike back on your hubby's act.Just talk him.A word is enough,
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 1:38am On Apr 30, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Of course i am and speaking from experience cheesy
Except you have a contrary defination for marriage,i will take your M&B shot as a compliment. tongue

Don't take it personal. cheesy

stillwater:

This musta been going on for a long time.
Men don't just make such comments without under-currents.
Women should learn to give men a little breathing space. . . . .
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by ima1(f): 1:39am On Apr 30, 2009
thank you all for ur advice.

i never asked him where he was just to be a nag, but it was because i prepared dinner and everything and he called to tell me he was coming home, and 5 hrs later no show, so i decided to go to bed cuz i have classes the next morning, and he walked in, i let him put his things down and was asking if he ate outside, cuz it was late and i put the food back in the fridge so it doesn't get spoiled (since i did not know when he was coming home). funny it was the first time i asked him and he blew things outta proportion. i was alone at home and it sucked just being there alone.

i think maybe i need to have a life outside us. i try to keep busy with work and school, and he tells me we need family time, so when i am available he ups and leave with no info as to where is going. i have been supportive but would hate to be taken for-granted.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Sauron1: 1:42am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

i think maybe i need to have a life outside us. i try to keep busy with work and school, and he tells me we need family time, so when i am available he ups and leave with no info as to where is going. i have been supportive but would hate to be taken for-granted.

You are over-reacting.
Talk to him about it in bed. . . . . . .Maybe he wasn't really in a good mood and the manner of approach was not right.
He is not taking you for granted.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by ima1(f): 1:44am On Apr 30, 2009
davidylan:

Perhaps she does this way too often the guy was begining to feel smothered. I'm not even a fan of married folks who bring their marital problems here . . . solve them at home! It isnt rocket science . . . if you cant read your partner's body language by now . . . na wa o.

To be honest i don't call him at all to find out where he is at cuz i have work 5-6 days outta the week (in the evening) and classes from 7am in the morning and from class i have to rush to work, so its not like i sit down nagging him, cuz nagging is the last thing i ever want to do. but the thing is i did not get married to be left alone at home.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by kaypumpin2(m): 1:45am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't take it personal. cheesy

Nah i didn't. cheesy

~Sauron~:

You are over-reacting.
Talk to him about it in bed. . . . . . .Maybe he wasn't really in a good mood and the manner of approach was not right.

Heed to this one! cool
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by tope2000(f): 1:45am On Apr 30, 2009
ima1:

thank you all for ur advice.

i never asked him where he was just to be a nag, but it was because i prepared dinner and everything and he called to tell me he was coming home, and 5 hrs later no show, so i decided to go to bed cuz i have classes the next morning, and he walked in, i let him put his things down and was asking if he ate outside, cuz it was late and i put the food back in the fridge so it doesn't get spoiled (since i did not know when he was coming home). funny it was the first time i asked him and he blew things outta proportion. i was alone at home and it sucked just being there alone.

Im sorry but how long have u guys been married??

How long did u guys dated for b4 u marry each other??

Have u always kept quiet abt everything he does because u dont want to come across as nagging person?? If so big mistake.
Re: Guys I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are over-reacting.

Ima take note.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry The Kind Of Guys Or Babes U Date? / Where And How Did You Meet Your Girlfriend/boyfriend? / Little Things That Your Other Half Does That Warms Your Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.