Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (12375 Views)

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire / Guys,would You Marry A Virgin...girls,what's Your Opinion On No S3X B4 Marriage? / Agreed On Open Relationship All In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:55am On Oct 30, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Apparently, open relationships allow people to spice things up and keep life interesting. Wouldn't it just be easier to stay single?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by k2039: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Open relationships just doesnt make minimum sense to me,yeah why not just play around.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2012
k2039: Open relationships just doesnt make minimum sense to me,yeah why not just play around.

In essence, U can't handle ur partner wit sum1 else rite?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Patdedon(m): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2012
It is discontentment or greed in another form. Predominant in the female folks. I've had some of it, it's fun somehow but not for really matured people.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by k2039: 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

In essence, U can't handle ur partner wit sum1 else rite?

She is my partner because she is mine and mine alone.
I believe in mutual exclusivity.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
phineboy1pimple: [color=#000099][/color]Apparently, open relationships allow people to spice things up and keep life interesting. Wouldn't it just be easier to stay single?

Everyone has its own way of doing things. Personally, keeping an open-relationship is crappy and not mature at all. Like you asked, its better of if they just remain single than to go on with such adventure. I just don't see it to be a matured act.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
i think is a poor alternative, if you cant handle an open relationship, there is no need to start one
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Patdedon: It is discontentment or greed in another form. Predominant in the female folks. I've had some of it, it's fun somehow but not for really matured people.

I second that... Cuz, wat wuld make one wanna look elsewhere, if nt greed?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
k2039:

She is my partner because she is mine and mine alone.
I believe in mutual exclusivity.

I get it now... Noted...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
dmcdad:

Everyone has its own way of doing things. Personally, keeping an open-relationship is crappy and not mature at all. Like you asked, its better of if they just remain single than to go on with such adventure. I just don't see it to be a matured act.

Maybe we(Nigerians) ve this aspersion for this kinda union cuz of our conservatism....

Dnt U tink?... We r culture conscious....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
~vicky~:
i think is a poor alternative, if you cant handle an open relationship, there is no need to start one

Can U?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Maybe we(Nigerians) ve this aspersion for this kinda union cuz of our conservatism....

Dnt U tink?... We r culture conscious....

Mmm.... The society doesn't always determine everything. I think being ethical and having good moral standards plays alot of role in going about things. And you will agree with me that the society doesnt always determine the standards of morality. In that case, it comes down to individuals, how they see it and stuff...

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
dmcdad:

Mmm.... The society doesn't always determine everything. I think being ethical and having good moral standards plays alot of role in going about things. And you will agree with me that the society doesnt always determine the standards of morality. In that case, it comes down to individuals, how they see it and stuff...

U n I knw that we live in a society wia ppls opinion about U matas a lot...

It boils dwn to "hw does our society/tradition sees it?...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

U n I knw that we live in a society wia ppls opinion about U matas a lot...

It boils dwn to "hw does our society/tradition sees it?...

But at the end of the day the society will not be blamed for your misdeeds. You will be the one to blame. Like they say, there is no excuse for failure. Right?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
dmcdad:

But at the end of the day the society will not be blamed for your misdeeds. You will be the one to blame. Like they say, there is no excuse for failure. Right?

Yea I guess.....

On a 2nd tot, y do U fink its seen as normal with "oyibos" n Americans?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Yea I guess.....

On a 2nd tot, y do U fink its seen as normal with "oyibos" n Americans?

Mind you, its not normal among the whites. Despite the fact that its getting common among them doesnt make it normal. Its just as a result of high rate of infidelity.... Its like the way they go about divorcing themselves like hell, its still cos of unfaithfulness among spouses.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Dahbutter(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
Well an open relationship should perfectly suit me! I never get jelouse over any girl, I believe in live en let live. Warning though, don't try it if u r in love u or the other might get burnt!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by vivianc(f): 12:28am On Oct 31, 2012
An open relationship is definitely not for me.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 12:31am On Oct 31, 2012
phineboy1pimple: [color=#000099][/color]Apparently, open relationships allow people to spice things up and keep life interesting. Wouldn't it just be easier to stay single?

I don't engage in open relationships otherwise I wouldn't have gotten married. I am heavily into clean health and body.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 31, 2012
Personally, not my cup of tea.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
dmcdad:

Mind you, its not normal among the whites. Despite the fact that its getting common among them doesnt make it normal. Its just as a result of high rate of infidelity.... Its like the way they go about divorcing themselves like hell, its still cos of unfaithfulness among spouses.

I guess d high level of unfaithfulness is d reason Y its gradually becoming a phenomenon...

Dnt U tink...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
vivian chinaza: An open relationship is definitely not for me.

Why?...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yield: Personally, not my cup of tea.

Why?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

I guess d high level of unfaithfulness is d reason Y its gradually becoming a phenomenon...

Dnt U tink...

Yeah! And its gradually becoming a norm...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
many people are clueless about the pleasures of an open r/ship, so let me educate you all on the matter:
- FIRST and foremost, you should understand that being in an open r/ship does NOT mean that you both should go out and fukc as many people as you want, but simply that you guys are open minded enough to understand that you cant please your partner fully, and therefore you let them fully indulge in what they desire in life. yes, you can be in a r/ship with such person, as whatever "extra" they have is nothing but some spice in their lives, and nothingmore.

- SECOND, being in an open r/ship allow people discover themselves FULLY, rather than being zombies like many are in r/ships. it is not easy to be honest with your partner OR with yourself. many of you lot should try it someday. how many of you have OPENLY told your partner about the fantasies that you guys have?! if you have the audacity to come here and claim that you aint got any fantasies that i suggest you go lie to someone who believe your crap.
if your wife would like to try being with another woman, then let her indulge in it and DISCOVER HERSELF, instead of enslaving her.
i'd rather know who my partner really is and let her be HERSELF than living with a pretending ZOMBIE.

- THIRD, is it the action that scares most of you lot away, OR is it the fact that someone may actually do a better job than you?! i certainly understand why so many are turned off by their now baby whale of a wife (or pot belly bveast of a husband)......and if there is no chemistry any longer, then an open r/ship is recommended by Dr MBJ.

- FOURTH, if you CANT satisfy your partner, but yet LOVE THEM very much, what else but an open r/ship do you propose?! or do you think that they should be sexually miserable for the rest of their natural lives?

- FIFTH, many men will gladly cheat, but look down on the fact that their wives could possibly do the same thing. many people cheat on their spouse simply because they are NO MORE ATTRACTED to her, yet the simplest thing to do would be to let HER do the same thing in an open r/ship......... but sadly it is never the case as most men's ego is in the way.....while gladly fukcing their secretary.

- LAST BUT NOT LEAST, why be single when you can have a very understanding partner?! makes no sense!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Why?

Because: I'm a one-man woman and want a one-woman man.

If it works for some, good! That's their prerogative.
I, on the other hand, am not interested.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY: many people are clueless about the pleasures of an open r/ship, so let me educate you all on the matter:
- FIRST and foremost, you should understand that being in an open r/ship does NOT mean that you both should go out and fukc as many people as you want, but simply that you guys are open minded enough to understand that you cant please your partner fully, and therefore you let them fully indulge in what they desire in life. yes, you can be in a r/ship with such person, as whatever "extra" they have is nothing but some spice in their lives, and nothingmore.

- SECOND, being in an open r/ship allow people discover themselves FULLY, rather than being zombies like many are in r/ships. it is not easy to be honest with your partner OR with yourself. many of you lot should try it someday. how many of you have OPENLY told your partner about the fantasies that you guys have?! if you have the audacity to come here and claim that you aint got any fantasies that i suggest you go lie to someone who believe your crap.
if your wife would like to try being with another woman, then let her indulge in it and DISCOVER HERSELF, instead of enslaving her.
i'd rather know who my partner really is and let her be HERSELF than living with a pretending ZOMBIE.

- THIRD, is it the action that scares most of you lot away, OR is it the fact that someone may actually do a better job than you?! i certainly understand why so many are turned off by their now baby whale of a wife (or pot belly bveast of a husband)......and if there is no chemistry any longer, then an open r/ship is recommended by Dr MBJ.

- FOURTH, if you CANT satisfy your partner, but yet LOVE THEM very much, what else but an open r/ship do you propose?! or do you think that they should be sexually miserable for the rest of their natural lives?

- FIFTH, many men will gladly cheat, but look down on the fact that their wives could possibly do the same thing. many people cheat on their spouse simply because they are NO MORE ATTRACTED to her, yet the simplest thing to do would be to let HER do the same thing in an open r/ship......... but sadly it is never the case as most men's ego is in the way.....while gladly fukcing their secretary.

- LAST BUT NOT LEAST, why be single when you can have a very understanding partner?! makes no sense!

Are U telln us nw that if U stumble upon your "partner" wit another man on d bed U share.. U won't react or feel jealous?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY: many people are clueless about the pleasures of an open r/ship, so let me educate you all on the matter:

I am single and proud. Are you insinuating that being in an open relationship is better of than being single? HELL NO!!! You see! Everyone has its own way of treating and reacting to certain issues.. Anywayz, thats just your logomach.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:46am On Nov 01, 2012
It means ur not satisfied with the partner u have and u go and look for fulfillment outside.My question is why don't u just don't date one person at once?hopping from one relationship to another is better than multi-tasking.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

I am single and proud. Are you insinuating that being in an open relationship is better of than being single? HELL NO!!! You see! Everyone has its own way of treating and reacting to certain issues.. Anywayz, thats just your logomach.

When U said U r "Single n Proud", do U mean U dnt ve a gf/bf?.... If U do, r U completely faithful to d relationship? Dnt U tink its OK if both parties ve an agreement on seeing oda ppl rather doing it secretly?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

When U said U r "Single n Proud", do U mean U dnt ve a gf/bf?.... If U do, r U completely faithful to d relationship? Dnt U tink its OK if both parties ve an agreement on seeing oda ppl rather doing it secretly?

It means I do not have a gurl friend... If I were to be in a relationship, then its faithfulness to the core. That is my blueprint for keeping my loyalty intact.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple: Are U telln us nw that if U stumble upon your "partner" wit another man on d bed U share.. U won't react or feel jealous?

if you have an open r/ship, then you cant "stumble" upon your partner because you fully well know whats going on, and if you REACT or feel JEALOUS then it is a clear sign that you are not READY or EMOTIONALLY STRONG enough to be in an open r/ship....remember not everyone has what it take in the guts to be in such r/ship......its all about your emotional strength. if you know that your partner is lacking, and you cant give them what they desire/require in the bedroom, then let them go and get it elsewhere instead of having them be miserable for the rest of their natural lives because of YOUR LACKING STATUS. a miserable being is not good for any family/unit!

dmcdad: I am single and proud. Are you insinuating that being in an open relationship is better of than being single? HELL NO!!! You see! Everyone has its own way of treating and reacting to certain issues.. Anywayz, thats just your logomach.

bro, i am sorry to say that being single is the worst possible state in life (no offense to you)...... yes its better to be single than with the wrong person, but it will NEVER make being single better than having a caring and loving partner. ALSO, you have to remember that people who are in open r/ships are NOT forced into them, they CHOOSE to enter such r/ship on their own accord because thats what's best for them at the time, and they are very happy with it. so again, it is ALL about what works for you as an individual. if you'd rather be single, then fair enough, i wont look down on what you want in life, to each their own!

HumbledbYGrace: It means ur not satisfied with the partner u have and u go and look for fulfillment outside.My question is why don't u just don't date one person at once?hopping from one relationship to another is better than multi-tasking.

sadly you dont understand the mechanics of open r/ships. how can you call it multitasking, when you simply meet a person "sometimes" and have a good time with them, before going back home and be with your partner? is that so difficult to do? how gifted must one be to dedicate a few hrs a week to a lover?

the important question any of you must ask yourself IS: if you love your partner and have a few kids together, but sadly after a few yrs of relationship (or marriage) the satisfaction is not there any longer, what would you suggest a person do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VIDEO: Ebony Model With Large Boobs Shares Viral Video On Instagram / Why Men Should Marry Ebira Women / Nigerian Lady Caught Pants Down In A Hotel, Cheating On The Boyfriend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.