Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,381 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade (38357 Views)

Atlantic Slave Trade: Igbo Inhabitant In United States, Cuba, Jamaica & Barbados / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning / Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2009
HOSEA 4:6 -- MY PEOPLE (Israel) ARE DESTROYED FOR THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE: BECAUSE YOU HAVE REJECTED KNOWLEDGE, I WILL ALSO REJECT YOU, THAT YOU SHALL BE NO PRIEST TO ME: SEEING YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE LAW OF YOUR HOLY ONE, I WILL ALSO FORGET YOUR CHILDREN.

The knowledge that Israel is lacking and has rejected is the knowledge of who they are, who YHWH and Yahshuah are, what our special calling is and our special relationship to the most high. Because we have rejected this knowledge, Yah said he would reject us and forget our children.

Look around today and tell me what children are more rejected than, Israel in the western hemisphere. Barbara Kelly Duncan, national director of the children's defense fund's black community crusade for children says: "Black (Hebrew) children are in the worse crises since slavery. When you talk about winning the game our children aren't even in the game. They are lacking a sense of community a sense of support and for too many of them, there's not a sense of HOPE".

And here's why, of the 10.4 million Hebrew youths under the age of 18, 46.3% live below the poverty line. Hebrew children are more than half of the children in the foster care system. Hebrew children are almost 4 times as likely to grow up in poor surroundings. Hebrew children are more than half of all children with AIDS and HIV (They are 60%of the cases). The decked is stacked against them at birth. In 1995, the infant mortality rate among Hebrews was more than twice that of whites (remember Hebrews in the U.S. are only 12% of the general population).

Hebrews ages 1-4 also had the highest Child morality rate of any ethnic group. In 1996 more Hebrew babies died in the predominantly Hebrew section of NY city called Harlem, than in Thailand (a so called third world country). Hebrew children are the number 1 victims of gun violence, the homicide rate for Hebrew males 15 to 19 has tripled and is nearly 9 times that of white males.

The suicide rate for Hebrew children has more than doubled since the 1980's. They die from violence more than any other group of children here in the U.S. and the industrial world at large. They are also the majority of Juvenile offenders in adult jails and prisons, of the 70 death row inmates who were sentence to die as juveniles. 46% of them are Hebrew males.

While pubic schools remain in crisis, 93% of all Hebrew children attend public schools. Hebrew children and high school graduates score the lowest on all test in the U.S. (across the board in reading, math, science etc.). 2/3 of all Hebrew children in public education are coming out of school functionally illiterate.

Tell me who children has been forgotten? Everything that can go wrong will go wrong for our people. Its because we have turned our back on the most high and forgotten the covenant we made. This punishment / curses are on Israel for a little while. All of the promises have been made to us first (Acts 2:39). And we will receive them first. But before we can accept the promises we will have to be cleaned up. This is the reason we are still under the curses / punishment.

These Curses have overtaken us, to the point that many of us now believe that the creator has forgotten us. As it is written in Isaiah 49:14 -16:

BUT ZION SAID, YHWH (YAH) HAVE FORSAKEN ME, AND HE HAVE FORGOTTEN ME.

15. CAN A WOMAN FORGET HER SUCKING CHILD, THAT SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE COMPASSION ON THE SON OF HER WOMB? YEA THEY MAY HAVE FORGET, YET WILL I NOT FORGET YOU,

16. BEHOLD, I HAVE GRAVEN YOU UPON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS: YOUR WALLS ARE CONTINUALLY BEFORE ME.

The Jews don't believe Yah has forsaken them because they don't believe in Yah, and how could a people who have received so much over the pass 50 years think they are a forsaken people? In fact they think they're blessed, and they have every reason to believe this. But Israel in the Western Hemisphere have every reason to fell forsaken, Just look at our conditions today. But Yah said although we have forgotten about him and our special covenant with him. He has not forgotten about us, These curses will be lifted soon.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2009
FowardEast:

I'm gonna keep using that verse because it describes what you are posting.

Tell me. Do AA's actually have a land?

And why do AA's have that attitude?

VERSE 23 OF ISAIAH 42: "WHO AMONG YOU WILL GIVE EAR TO THIS? WHO WILL HEARKEN AND HEAR FOR THE TIME TO COME? (the latter days)

your attitude determines your altitude.

If you, ForwardEast, feel you dont have a land, then you dont.

The Africa you're daydreaming about, also consists of people fighting over land.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

your attitude determines your altitude.

If you, ForwardEast, feel you dont have a land, then you dont.

The Africa you're daydreaming about, also consists of people fighting over land.

Who says I'm dreaming about Africa? Surely it's not in what I posted. Now I feel I'm staying on land that can "shift" any second. See when you come here and things go wrong you can leave. I can't. Then again it's not for you to worry about or any other people.

I mean, I see your point but I know you don't see my point.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 24, 2009
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:30am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

quite true.

I see your point in general but you lost me with the Hebrew stuff.

But you can also leave to either somewhere else in America or some other country entirely.

Brits do it all the time. Likewise there are quite a few Americans including AAs who have made France their home.

You are probally thinking what every one else is. What!!! Niggers can't be Israelites.

VERSE 23 OF ISAIAH 42: "WHO AMONG YOU WILL GIVE EAR TO THIS? WHO WILL HEARKEN AND HEAR FOR THE TIME TO COME? (the latter days)

You see how AA's act. I doubt anyone else would want them. You and I both now that.

Of course. France is beautiful, lol. If I had the money I would go somewhere nice. Hopefully College will "pay off" lol.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 24, 2009
Isrealite is a pretty general term not limited to race or color. Arabs also have every right to claim they're Isrealites, should they be so inclined. White Mormons already say they're a lost tribe of Israel.

However, Moses was castigated for marrying an Ethiopian woman, remember? Ethiopian meant black negro back in those days.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:33am On Aug 24, 2009
I actually love the U.S., it's a great country. But by no means am I going to turn a blind eye to what the bible says when it's obviously true.

Are you a christian?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 24, 2009
FowardEast:

I actually love the U.S., it's a great country. But by no means am I going to turn a blind eye to what the bible says when it's obviously true.

Are you a christian?

yes, and I'm not under a curse because you're supposed to be free from all such attitudes when you're a Christian.

In any case, curse or no curse, life goes on.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:36am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

Isrealite is a pretty general term not limited to race or color. Arabs also have every right to claim they're Isrealites, should they be so inclined. White Mormons already say they're a lost tribe of Israel.

However, Moses was castigated for marrying an Ethiopian woman, remember? Ethiopian meant black negro back in those days.

I don't think arabs fit into that what I posted. Mormons lol. Moses married outside his nationality. Skin color had nothing to do with it. It's akin to when a nigerian marries an AA and the nigerian family secretly doesn't want anything to do with the child who married the AA.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:40am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

yes, and I'm not under a curse because you're supposed to be free from all such attitudes when you're a Christian.

In any case, curse or no curse, life goes on.

Of course you aren't. Did you read what I posted? See, you read the same bible I do.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 24, 2009
FowardEast:

I don't think arabs fit into that what I posted. Mormons lol. Moses married outside his nationality. Skin color had nothing to do with it. It's akin to when a nigerian marries an AA and the nigerian family secretly doesn't want anything to do with the child who married the AA.

that could also be correct.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:44am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

that could also be correct.

I think it is.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 24, 2009
FowardEast:

It's akin to when a nigerian marries an AA and the nigerian family secretly doesn't want anything to do with the child who married the AA.

I'm not sure where you got this from but different people have different experiences I guess.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

I'm not sure where you got this from but different people have different experiences I guess.

I was just saying mainly people marry in their nationality. I know sometimes race overshadows it but judging from the comments I've seen on here many don't like AA's. I mean they have good reason not to but this is what I've seen.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 7:06am On Aug 24, 2009
http://www.hebrewisraelites.org/index.html

^^^This is a pretty Interesting site. All the info I posted was from here. I implore anyone to read this all the way through. I'm still skeptical towards it, however the information given is in the bible. Yes I'm a Christian.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2009
FowardEast:

I was just saying mainly people marry in their nationality. I know sometimes race overshadows it but judging from the comments I've seen on here many don't like AA's. I mean they have good reason not to but this is what I've seen.

Nigerians seldom cut off a child permanently because of his/her choice of partner. Not saying it doesnt happen though.

However, I've never seen someone being abandoned by his family simply because he married an AA.

Most people can overlook it as long as he sends them something to keep them comfortable.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
FowardEast:

But by no means am I going to turn a blind eye to what the bible says when it's obviously true.

What on Earth are you talking about? Your whole "cursed" theory cannot be taken seriously, What if your great great great great grandfather was taken as a slave? That must mean you are also cursed. The way some people think scare me shocked. Your the same kind of Christian as Helen Ukpabio, there's no difference in the brain processing between you two.

Anyway good luck with your crusade, btw have you told an African American they're cursed yet? I suggest you go into some ghettos first, bring a friend to film you while you tell them their cursed so we can use the video as a textbook example of natural selection in action.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by KB1(m): 2:58am On Aug 26, 2009
As I've said, I and others, like Hero, have proven over and over again on the place that we AA are of majority Igbo descent. When will you nay sayers get that through your heads. We aren't attempting to cling on to anything or anyone in saying this; we are proud of what our people have achieved and become since arriving in this land. We are simply stating the undeniable facts; you can wish it away and or simply deny it, but the truth will always remain just that.

By the way, to the person who's said that Igbos hat AA, let me inform you of the fact of that out of of the Nigerian ethnics, the Igbo are by far the most intermarried with the AA population. My wife is Igbo, and I personally know about a dozen other Igbo/AA couples. Emeagwali is married o an AA woman. Most of the Igbo professional sports players here in the US are married and or engaged to an AA woman. I'm around Nigerians of various ethnicity quite a lot, and I've observed very few non Igbo Nigerians who were married to, engaged to and or dating an AA in comparison to the number of Igbo who are.

So those who say that we AA are so deeply hated by Igbo, you are very much so mistaken, because out of all of the Naija groups we AA and Igbo have the closes bond in respect to all of the other Naija groups, and possibly out of all the African groups here in the US period.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 27, 2009
KB1:

As I've said, I and others,  like Hero, have proven over and over again on the place that we AA are of majority Igbo descent. When will you nay sayers get that through your heads. We aren't attempting to cling on to anything or anyone in saying this; we are proud of what our people have achieved and become since arriving in this land. We are simply stating the undeniable facts; you can wish it away and or simply deny it,  but the truth will always remain just that.

By the way, to the person who's said that Igbos hat AA,  let me inform you of the fact of that out of of the Nigerian ethnics,  the Igbo are by far the most intermarried with the AA population. My wife is Igbo, and I personally know about a dozen other Igbo/AA couples. Emeagwali is married o an AA woman. Most of the Igbo professional sports players here in the US are married and or engaged to an AA woman. I'm around Nigerians of various ethnicity quite a lot, and I've observed very few non Igbo Nigerians who were married to, engaged to and or dating an AA in comparison to the number of Igbo who are.   

So those who say that we AA are so deeply hated by Igbo, you are very much so mistaken,  because out of all of the Naija groups we AA and Igbo have the closes bond in respect to all of the other Naija groups, and possibly out of all the African groups here in the US period.

You've done your homework I see!

Any idea of the percentage of Igbo women married to Yorubas and whites?

I know you reserve a very special dose of pathological hatred for these two groups ( Yorubas and whites), seeing how they sold you into slavery, enslaved you and all.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by KB1(m): 2:34am On Aug 27, 2009
tpia.:

You've done your homework I see!

Any idea of the percentage of Igbo women married to Yorubas and whites?

I know you reserve a very special dose of pathological hatred for these two groups ( Yorubas and whites), seeing how they sold you into slavery, enslaved you and all.

You slob, don't speak to me spewing your endless hatred. Why don't you at least make an effort at trying to act like a civilized lady instead of a wild ass uncouth jungle bunny all the time. angry
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 27, 2009
KB1:

You slob, don't speak to me spewing your endless hatred. Why don't you at least make an effort at trying to act like a civilized lady instead of a wild ass uncouth jungle bunny all the time.  angry

struck a nerve, I see!

I'm quite sure you sniffed a lot of crack before logging on today, because the way you're sniffing and typing leaves little to the imagination.

if I'm a slob, what does that make you and your wife? Ghetto funky?

You think you got mouth, right?

I'm African yet you can fool anyone interested in your wild schizo ravings, into thinking you're as jungle and bush as they come, because you dont even sound civilized or American when you type.

Welcome to the back of beyond, boy. Oh, I forgot- jungle is in your genes- you cant escape that.

Retarded outsider weeping louder than the bereaved.

Better up your game before a Yoruba or white man snatches your wife, loser.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by KB1(m): 3:14am On Aug 27, 2009
LOL at this trifling Cow. Nice attempt at trying to sound at least half ass intelegent, but you still are showing clear as day that you're little more than a ditsy piece of putrid, trifling trash, fresh out the bush. I can only dread realizing how you must smell of the aroma of a freshly loaded garbage truck, with more hair on your body than your daddy. I see you haven't learned much civility sense coming to this land. Typical of a Yoyo chick. Be gone, I'm done with your nappy arss. smiley
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 27, 2009
KB1:

LOL at this trifling Cow. Nice attempt at trying to sound at least half ass intelegent,  but you still are showing clear as day that you're little more than a ditsy piece of putrid, trifling trash, fresh out the bush. I can only dread realizing how you must smell of the aroma of a freshly loaded garbage truck, with more hair on your body than your daddy.  I see you haven't learned much civility sense coming to this land. Typical of a Yoyo chick.  Be gone, I'm done with your nappy arss.  smiley

look at this baboon of a poster.

If you werent a deadbeat loser like you've always been your whole life, you'd know better than to log on the internet while drunk and in a psychotic daze from bad crack.

Talking of garbage- you should know about that, being filled with garbage and descended from garbage. Hence, can you ever spew anything but garbage. Trick question I'm sure.

beast of no gender and no hometown. wink

terribly ugly to boot. cheesy that ya wife sef better find one properly handsome Yoruba or white dude rather than suffer your ugly behind.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2009

shocked. . . . . . . .Okay, Let me formally put this thread back on track.

After this line, posts only should relate to the original thread topic.

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2009
tpia.:

Nigerians seldom cut off a child permanently because of his/her choice of partner. Not saying it doesnt happen though.

However, I've never seen someone being abandoned by his family simply because he married an AA.

Most people can overlook it as long as he sends them something to keep them comfortable.

True.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
ezeagu:

What on Earth are you talking about? Your whole "cursed" theory cannot be taken seriously, What if your great great great great grandfather was taken as a slave? That must mean you are also cursed. The way some people think scare me shocked. Your the same kind of Christian as Helen Ukpabio, there's no difference in the brain processing between you two.

Anyway good luck with your crusade, btw have you told an African American they're cursed yet? I suggest you go into some ghettos first, bring a friend to film you while you tell them their cursed so we can use the video as a textbook example of natural selection in action.

You are probally thinking what every one else is. What!!! Niggers can't be Israelites.

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2009
KB1:

As I've said, I and others, like Hero, have proven over and over again on the place that we AA are of majority Igbo descent. When will you nay sayers get that through your heads. We aren't attempting to cling on to anything or anyone in saying this; we are proud of what our people have achieved and become since arriving in this land. We are simply stating the undeniable facts; you can wish it away and or simply deny it, but the truth will always remain just that.

By the way, to the person who's said that Igbos hat AA, let me inform you of the fact of that out of of the Nigerian ethnics, the Igbo are by far the most intermarried with the AA population. My wife is Igbo, and I personally know about a dozen other Igbo/AA couples. Emeagwali is married o an AA woman. Most of the Igbo professional sports players here in the US are married and or engaged to an AA woman. I'm around Nigerians of various ethnicity quite a lot, and I've observed very few non Igbo Nigerians who were married to, engaged to and or dating an AA in comparison to the number of Igbo who are.

So those who say that we AA are so deeply hated by Igbo, you are very much so mistaken, because out of all of the Naija groups we AA and Igbo have the closes bond in respect to all of the other Naija groups, and possibly out of all the African groups here in the US period.

I found this to be interesting. I mean all of this couldn't be coincidence.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
FowardEast:

Niggers

Is that a tribe? Anyway please if you want to continue your Hebrew Israelite talk, please open a separate thread.

FowardEast:

I found this to be interesting. I mean all of this couldn't be coincidence.

It's something Igbo people have always known.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
ezeagu:

Is that a tribe? Anyway please if you want to continue your Hebrew Israelite talk, please open a separate thread.

It's something Igbo people have always known.

You knew what It meant.

Ok. Well it's new to me.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
FowardEast:

You knew what It meant.

The Canaanites were 'mulattos'.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2009
ezeagu:

The Canaanites were 'mulattos'.

http://sarabe3.tripod.com/israeliteimages.html

Really. Probally were. This site also says they were "Redbones or Yellowbones". If that's the american slang for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

White Man Holds Umbrella For Oluwo Of Iwoland, Rasheed Akanbi In London / Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) / Death Of Prince Kelechi Ineke, Son Of Gabriel Ineke, The Echemugo 1 Of Abaomege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.