Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway (46437 Views)

FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway / Aisha Buhari Arrives Cross River State / FG Suspends 260km Super Highway Project Of Governor Ben Ayade Of Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by thefakestan: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
samento:
See bad bele people o! Na road you want abi na road design. Kai human beign.

Can you read?

What does "waiting for it mean"?

Can't you appreciate smth even before it arrives?

So going to do "Scan" for your baby "na bad belle"?
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by swaggerdgrt(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
We want BIAFRA not road frm d so call zoo president
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Jaideyone(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
Dapaboy:
A dark cloud hangs over Nigeria.
no the dark cloud hangs over your head eran

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by MrHighSea: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Standard 6 cert holder meeting with Professors. D air is cool, wen Men of reason n understanding meet.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by geez18(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
flagging-off of projects should'nt generate this much fuss! commissioning should. there are so many abandoned road projects in Nigeria,what is he doing to see that they are completed? when it comes to nigerian politicians, "unfulfilled promises" is always their bane;these folks have made a skeptic out of every sane and rational thinking person.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by TheAdvocate(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
Burger01:
My presidosmiley

God bless you my presido as we keep reaping benefit of voting you in. We no regret voting you and we shall never regret doing so. In fact, baba, we go vote for you 2019 by fire by force cheesy

Sai Buhari 2019.

RIP PDP tongue

Haters do the needful and.....

The super Highway is the product of a PDP led administration grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
260 Km?

Nice one. We do not need the fanfare sha.

Anyway for those who are not happy.....

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Burger01(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
TheAdvocate:

The super Highway is the product of a PDP led administration grin
Not talking about any super highway but the fact that things are getting much better under Buhari, and walahi, things shall continue to get better. Haters can quench for all I care smiley
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by akins56(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
yongnoble:
Are you kidding me?
Calabar - Katsina is 1274Km and not 260km.
http://www..com/ng/places-in-nigeria/24539-kilometer-chart-between-major-cities-in-nigeria.html
Every little thing is an avenue for propaganda and lies. SMH embarassed
mumu, katsina ala is in benue state not katsina state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by footreja: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Skoopy:
Don't give misguided info pls, it's calabar- ikom- obudu super highway. State of cross river cannot use its funds to make roads to katsina ala. Quote me.

They dunno
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by onyxo76(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
i don't see pictures of the road to be commissioned....
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by eagle13(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
Reference:

why not embarking on d extension n rehabilitation of d existing obudu,ikom n calabar road instead of d eye service n more money gulping option he's about going for?
Yes. Its an entirely new road in some parts and the alignment takes it closer to the Camerounian border than the existing highway. Its a brilliant idea for two reasons; one, it opens up hitherto cut off communities which as I understand are the food vaults of Cross-River, that is serious agricultural communities and secondly they can avoid paying huge compensations to communities where the existing Federal highway passes in the process of dualisation. If you are familiar with Cross-River you'd realise that virtually every local government headquarters is located on that road going north. Development is virtually strangulating it and it will be massively expensive to relocate and compensate everyone. Far beyond the State means.

My concern remains the funding. Fresh roads are notoriously expensive to build and the number of bridges involved are just incredible. Wish them luck. I still prefer a railway as a better, long term solution to our transportation problems.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
I did not see the DULLARD in any of the pictures! Or has he turned to the "Hollow Man"

The indigenes of Cross-River should stone the Kunu-sipping Drunk to death for bombing a community over the rumors of Kidnappers!
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by eagle13(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
[quote author=eagle13 post=39172356][/quote]@reference I intend quoting ur opinion n not editing it d way it appeared sorry.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by 97loodbre(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
yongnoble:
Are you kidding me?
http://www..com/ng/places-in-nigeria/24539-kilometer-chart-between-major-cities-in-nigeria.html
. Don't be dumb pls. Read well b4 u just type rubbish. It is. Not Katsina, it is Katsina-Ala, and it is nowhheer near katsina state.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by LondonCool(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has performed the ground breaking of the super highway in Obung, Akamkpa Local government area of Cross River State. In his speech he pledged the total commitment, support and dedication to the success of the project that he described as visionary and revolutionary.

He commended Governor Ayade for his foresight in conceptualizing the project that will link South/South, North Central and North East on completion. PMB described Governor Ayade as ' his brother' for his foresight in conceiving the project which is expected to link South South with North Central and North East.

After the ceremony the President and his entourage including Governors Ayade; Rochas Okorocha and Udom Emmanuel; APC governorship candidate for Akwa Ibom State; Otega Emerhor, APC governorship candidate for Delta State and Chief Obono Obla boarded the Nigerian Airforce One Chopper at the Margaret Ekpo International airport back to Abuja.

In the cabin with the President was Umana Umana, Otega and Chief Obono Obla. While chatting with the President, Umana Umanah used the opportunity to thank the President for affording them the privilege to travel with him. The President jocularly said he was 'wooing ' the people of the South/South.

The President then told those traveling with him how as a young officer in the Army during the civil war trekked from Gekam in the present Bekwarra Local Government Area to the border between Nigeria and Cameroon in the present Etung Local Government Area.

According to Chief Obono Obla, PMB is an intensely private person but at the same time friendly , humorous and a study in humanity

Source: Chief Obono Obla (APC Chieftain and Radical Human Rights Lawyer from Cross River State).

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by guttentag(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
lilbazy:
Click like if you want saraki in kirikiri by next week.....click share if you want saraki till 2019

They will suspend the case, you suppose know your country well
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by timoney45(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
CR77:
Scam presido tongue
Oops! The presido that was scamming left since may 29. grin
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Crieff(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Burger01:

Jumping into the lagoon?
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by stebell(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
ifihearam:
Yeye president

My tots too.
Must the road get to Kastina his home town.

Ma wait wen the work start sha
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by bsfufore: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
This is the PMB we are begging them to vote for.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by teepain: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
lawanson44:
I did not see the DULLARD in any of the pictures! Or has he turned to the "Hollow Man"

The indigenes of Cross-River should stone the Kunu-sipping Drunk to death for bombing a community over the rumors of Kidnappers!

You can critique the government and even the President. But while you do it, be guided not to run foul of the laws of the land.

Inciting violence and bodily harm against the President is not a wise thing to do, a word is enough for the wise.

Stay blessed!
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Belmot(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
stebell:

My tots too.
Must the road get to Kastina his home town.

Ma wait wen the work start sha
Another mumu..... Katsina-ala is in benue state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
teepain:

You can critique the government and even the President. But while you do it, be guided not to run foul of the laws of the land.

Inciting violence and bodily harm against the President is not a wise thing to do, a word is enough for the wise.

Stay blessed!

Oh really? If some stu.pid gloats from the Nought and South-Waste did same to GEJ during his time, why shouldn't i reciprocate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by COMPAQ(m): 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
What on earth is a "super highway"? Shouldn't the government simply be focused on repairing existing roads?

Port Harcourt - Owerri is a road that needs serious attention.
Port Harcourt - Enugu is another one that needs mega attention
Lagos - Ibadan needs super dupa attention
Benin - Shagamu while largely done, I understand still has a few small bad portions
And i'm sure there are many more roads you more traveled guys out there can think off...

And here we are starting a brand new "super" highway......!!!!
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by Burger01(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Crieff:

Jumping into the lagoon?
Lol. Nooooo. The lagoon is for the haters and wailers tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by habtop(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please never rush to condemn.....Katsina Ala is not in Katsina State....haba
yongnoble:
Are you kidding me?
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by InMyOpinion(m): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
Skoopy:
Don't give misguided info pls, it's calabar- ikom- obudu super highway. State of cross river cannot use its funds to make roads to katsina ala. Quote me.

Makes sense
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by lordmassac(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
yongnoble:
Are you kidding me?

Katsina Alla is different from Katsina state.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by asha80(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
COMPAQ:
What on earth is a "super highway"? Shouldn't the government simply be focused on repairing existing roads?

Port Harcourt - Owerri is a road that needs serious attention.
Port Harcourt - Enugu is another one that needs mega attention
Lagos - Ibadan needs super dupa attention
Benin - Shagamu while largely done, I understand still has a few small bad portions
And i'm sure there are many more roads you more traveled guys out there can think off...

And here we are starting a brand new "super" highway......!!!!
it is being constructed by cross river state govt not fg

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by samento: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
ifihearam:
Yeye president
Your drunken father cannot win ordinary landlord association elections if at all he own a plot of land and you are here calling our God sent Buhari yeye president. God will shame all of you.
Re: Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway by wetinhappen(m): 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Emmanuel was in Cross River State to recieve President Muhammadu Buhari as he performs the ground breaking ceremony for the 260km super highway and Bakassi seaport in the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspended Senator Omo-Agege Thug Runs With The Mace Of Senate (Video) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment / EFCC Raids The Residence Of George Turnah, Goodluck Jonathan's Godson (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.