Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. (5075 Views)

Dear Spinsters In Naija if he doesn't Pass These Tests, Don't Marry Him / How Many Nigeria Ladies Can Do This? / Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
Do you know that 7 out of 10 ladies have struggled all their life right from childhood to adulthood? Will you blame such ladies if they refuse to marry a man who can not boast of an income good enough to adequately cater for a family?

Lets face it,there is nothing absolutely wrong in a lady wanting to marry a made guy or financially ok guy but the problem is the economy that has made it difficult for many hard working smart guys to be "financially ok" hence the need for ladies not to make it a do or die thing

The economy of this country has made it so difficult that even a man that makes 150k a month dares not think about marriage considering the way it is celebrated in Nigeria and by the time you remove monthly expenses from your 150k you wil be left with little or nothing hence saving for a wedding ceremony wil not even come to mind.

Now lets ask ourselves,how many men even in their 30s have jobs paying 100k and above? How many are even gainfully employed?

So this is a practical way it plays out and this is a simple illustration of why we will keep having increasing number of spinsters in Nigeria..so take a look.

-8 out of 10 ladies want a "financially ok guy" but in Nigeria of today,just 2 out of 10 guys are financially ok.

-So the 8 ladies flock around these two guys and because these 2 financially ok guys now realize they are hot cakes and it is about the money,they just play around with these 8 ladies and dump them for other fresh ladies.

-The used and dumped 8 ladies who are desperately looking for a financially stable guy to marry ends up becoming single and searching again after wasting their time with these 2 guys and while some of these 8 learn,some will try their luck again with new guys and the never ending crazy circle continues.

Forget the stupid talks of not wanting to suffer with any man cos he may dump you when or if he becomes rich..what if he never becomes rich?

No lady does any man a favor loving him when he is broke,jobless or poor because love affair is a two way thing...if you love him,stay and if not please take a walk and stop the blackmail. Until ladies make up their mind to start a life with a man even if he is still struggling, we will continue to have crazy increase in the number of over-age single ladies.

As a guy try to get something doing that brings in steady income. Even if you are a graduate,look for job but don't wait for a job and as a lady also try and get something doing.If both you and your man makes at least 60k jointly please start a life and stop s.xing your lives away. Get an apartment like a room self contain,do a very low budget wedding while you plan for a bigger one when the money is available and work on developing your lives together.

Ladies should stop making excuses for the men in their lives because these guys will keep laying them at will while they will keep saying he is not ready as if there is a guaranty that he will get a job tomorrow and suddenly be ready..Think ladies..THINK.

Nigerian spinsters...please be wise and stop having that myopic mindset that marriage is not relevant.....because a time will come probably in your very late 30s or 40s when you will understand the importance of having your own nuclear family.Even the ladies in the western world who believe marriage is irrelevant now know better as they get scammed in the bid to have a companion in their 40s and 50s.

Just trying to make common sense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
Bros, YOU'RE VERY RIGHT!
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by ClassCaptain(m): 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
I dey feel am
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Cutehector(m): 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Funny but true
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by afamjb: 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
True.
bros talk true did u really read dis post form d beginning to d end.!!?
Dis post tall! long
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by bigass123(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
Na today?
Many of them will end up on olx.. Just dey watch as the film dey go.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Then from the sound of things you need to educate your sisters and as men instead of chasing womanliness chase money and pus.say will chase you... From the sound of things undecided
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
afamjb:
Dis post tall! long
I read it to the end. Truly.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
Very true
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Zeedarh(f): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Thats soo true. Consiously or otherwise, the financial factor comes in. Sisters in the house, come there is hot gist here oh
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
afamjb:
Dis post tall! long

Olodo..how you take pass for school wiithout reading long notes?lol
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Harbosede02:
Very true
Very interesting that a lady seconds this.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nubian113:
Then from the sound of things you need to educate your sisters and as men instead of chasing womanliness chase money and pus.say will chase you... From the sound of things undecided

Lol..

ok lets be frank..will your pursuit of money automatically bring the money?

Have you not seen guys strugglin since their 20s and finally hitting the goldmyne in late 30s?

The way people talk about guys looking for money first is so funny cos its one thing to hustle and another for your hustle to yield dividends.

3 Likes

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
A broke guy needs a serious lady. Contact me via 09050958320.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by nawtibownie: 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hmmmmm. The issue of side chic and main chic sets in.

1 Like

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by misspicy(f): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
[b]Mr Op,i like the way you construct your writeup and your advice,very insigtful,buh i want to point out somethin... Until the issue of men infidelity is curtailed,most ladies will keep going after the financially ok guys...yes do not quote me wrong....
we know it is very difficult for a couple to start a family without reasonable financial backing,now checkout this scenerio....
Bro A,is still a hustling guy,he meets sis B also a struggling lady,they agree to be with each other,get married when ever they become financially okay,now Bro A gets to hit a jackpot 5 years later,then he met Sis C,due to d fact that he hit some jacpot,he decides to quickly indulge himself with sis C,in d process,he gets carried away by the euphoria of the moment,he forgets abt sis B,all of a sudden,he realise he doesnt love her anymore,or she is not as good for him as sis C.Bro A eventually dumps sis B,marries sis C...Mr Op,if sis B happens to be your sister,will you advice her to start life from scratch with another man?....

I think this is the fear of many spinsters today,only a few can take the risk,the rest resort to trying their luck with the financially ok man,in the end,if it backfires both way,they are at the recieving end....

Conclusion,every unmarried lady out there,should consider the pros and cons before settling to start from scratch or pursue financially ok men...thank you
[/b]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Idydarling(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
what more can i say?
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
While I agree with the beginning of your post, I disagree with the summary of it @ Ladies should make up their mind to marry a man no matter his financial status.

Firstly, there are so many ladies out there married to such men. Some of these marriages/relationships account for kids suffering today in Nigeria.

Money is very important in any relationship. Every human out there reserves the right to dream/wish/aspire... male/female. Way back our fathers toiled to make money, marry and the woman watches after the home.
Now, it's different. A thread on NL showed that men no longer want unemployed ladies or undergraduates <<<This shows that everyone craves financial support.

I think we should be more focused on encouraging female independence. Then the guys should learn to start families earlier, once there is enough to take that plunge_ why not?

How many percent(%) of the Nigerian population earn above or in the range of 150,000? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by ideyhere(f): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
All this talk about girls remaining single because they like money don tire me for this NL ooh. Unless naija guys change their opinion of ladies as things you keep in your house to bear you children while they go gallivanting with other ladies, I don't advice any lady to settle. Since a lot of Nigerian guys have bad characters when it comes to their treatment of ladies, if I must choose a devil, I rather choose one with good physicals and financial prospects. Njo eshi njo omume naa em worse pass. And if I must cry, I rather cry inside a limo....chikina

1 Like

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
misspicy:
[b]Mr Op,i like the way you construct your writeup and your advice,very insigtful,buh i want to point out somethin... Until the issue of men infidelity is curtailed,most ladies will keep going after the financially ok guys...yes do not quote me wrong....
we know it is very difficult for a couple to start a family without reasonable financial backing,now checkout this scenerio....
Bro A,is still a hustling guy,he meets sis B also a struggling lady,they agree to be with each other,get married when ever they become financially okay,now Bro A gets to hit a jackpot 5 years later,then he met Sis C,due to d fact that he hit some jacpot,he decides to quickly indulge himself with sis C,in d process,he gets carried away by the euphoria of the moment,he forgets abt sis B,all of a sudden,he realise he doesnt love her anymore,or she is not as good for him as sis C.Bro A eventually dumps sis B,marries sis C...Mr Op,if sis B happens to be your sister,will you advice her to start life from scratch with another man?....

I think this is the fear of many spinsters today,only a few can take the risk,the rest resort to trying their luck with the financially ok man,in the end,if it backfires both way,they are at the recieving end....

Conclusion,every unmarried lady out there,should consider the pros and cons before settling to start from scratch or pursue financially ok men...thank you
[/b]

I appreciate your input but permit me to cler the air on some perpectual misconceptions of ladies.

YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY MAN A FAVOUR BY DATING HIM OR GETTING MARRIED TO HIM WHILE HE IS STILL STRUGGLING TO BE FINANCIALLY OK.

If you fancy a guy stay with him if not take a walk regardless and no lady must see a man as indebted to her because she coped wiith him during difficult times because no one held you down..

Now concerning faithfullness of guys please prmit me to say that you have no franchise over that. A faiithful guy will be faithful and a philanderr will double date but get this fact right...

8 out of 10 unfaithful guys are nevr interested in leaving their wives for a side chick but they just want to have a taste and dump them.

The problem is that many imature ladies usually hinge their marital happiness on a man staying faithful to them and at the sign of any side chic,they flare up and start threatening fire and brimstone and this guy who is so bent on tasting miss c wll care less and due to hot temper,mrs b gives hr man away willingly to mrs c.

If every lady with a randy guy can just focus on her life nd that of her childrn,ignoring the guy totally and only sees him as hr sex machine when she needs him,the happier many ladies will be in marriage.

So dear please leave out the issue of a man staying faithful out.

ladies must learn to be with a man for the principal purpose of wanting him and must learn to take the risk.

6 Likes

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
While I agree with the beginning of your post, I disagree with the summary of it @ Ladies should make up their mind to marry a man no matter his financial status.

Firstly, there are so many ladies out there married to such men. Some of these marriages/relationships account for kids suffering today in Nigeria.

Money is very important in any relationship. Every human out there reserves the right to dream/wish/aspire... male/female. Way back our fathers toiled to make money, marry and the woman watches after the home.
Now, it's different. A thread on NL showed that men no longer want unemployed ladies or undergraduates <<<This shows that everyone craves financial support.

I think we should be more focused on encouraging female independence. Then the guys should learn to start families earlier, once there is enough to take that plunge_ why not?

How many percent(%) of the Nigerian population earn above or in the range of 150,000? grin

We are on the same page.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
misspicy:

[/b]

You're spot on on this. These bros aint loyal too.

Reminds me of a book I read on the life & imprisonement of Betty Broderick. This woman married a guy with nothing. Went on to work several jobs to pay for his tuition in law. He graduated, started a law firm & became rich. He decided to have an affair with his secretary. Betty found out about it & the heartless man gave her a list of things on why the mistress is so much better than her. He told her she was fat while the mistress is slim, etc...forgetting that she became fat because she gave birth to his children. Eventually, he divorced her & a few days after the divorce was finalised he married his mistress & moved with her to a mansion. During the divorce proceedings he refused to share half of his fortune with her, but had the gall to live lavishly with his new wife. Long story short, Betty broke into their mansion & shot them both to death. Her story is so heartbreaking to me & it's unfortunate that she spent all those years sacrificing for a backstabbing scumbag.

2 Likes

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
ideyhere:
All this talk about girls remaining single because they like money don tire me for this NL ooh. Unless naija guys change their opinion of ladies as things you keep in your house to bear you children while they go gallivanting with other ladies, I don't advice any lady to settle. Since a lot of Nigerian guys have bad characters when it comes to their treatment of ladies, if I must choose a devil, I rather choose one with good physicals and financial prospects. Njo eshi njo omume naa em worse pass. And if I must cry, I rather cry inside a limo....chikina

And what is the guaranty that you will readily find the rich man?

Do you have the power to make the presumed fin buoyant guy marry you?

oh you preffer to be a punching bag for a rich dude rather than being a queen with a struggling man?

smh
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Babe2sure(f): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
True talk. It become a vicious circle sort of.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by misspicy(f): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Toks2008:

I appreciate your input but permit me to cler the air on some perpectual misconceptions of ladies.

YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY MAN A FAVOUR BY DATING HIM OR GETTING MARRIED TO HIM WHILE HE IS STILL STRUGGLING TO BE FINANCIALLY OK.

If you fancy a guy stay with him if not take a walk regardless and no lady must see a man as indebted to her because she coped wiith him during difficult times because no one held you down

Now concerning faithfullness of guys please prmit me to say that you have no franchise over that. A faiithful guy will be faithful and a philanderr will double date but get this fact right...

8 out of 10 unfaithful guys are nevr interested in leaving their wives for a side chick but they just want to have a taste and dump them.

The problem is that many imature ladies usually hinge their marital happiness on a man staying faithful to them and at the sign of any side chic,they flare up and start threatening fire and brimstone and this guy who is so bent on tasting miss c wll care less and due to hot temper,mrs b gives hr man away willingly to mrs c.

If every lady with a randy guy can just focus on her life nd that of her childrn,ignoring the guy totally and only sees him as hr sex machine when she needs him,the happier many ladies will be in marriage.

So dear please leave out the issue of a man staying faithful out.

ladies must learn to be with a man for the principal purpose of wanting him and must learn to take the risk.
Sir,with all honesty you are contradicting yourself,okay ladies should not see themselves as doing a guy a favour because dey dated him when he was struggling,yet earlier u adviced ladies to stick to their man even if he is still struggling,sir,so you mean a lady should stick to a guy who might eventually not marry her,in d process wasting d little time she has?we both know that ladies have little time to play dilly dally with relationships....please be specific in this advice u are giving....

Note i hate long post wch it seems u r fond of,if u want to reply dis please make it short....thank you
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by misspicy(f): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
PunkyVeer:

You're spot on on this. These bros aint loyal too.

Reminds me of a book I read on the life & imprisonement of Betty Broderick. This woman married a guy with nothing. Went on to work several jobs to pay for his tuition in law. He graduated, started a law firm & became rich. He decided to have an affair with his secretary. Betty found out about it & the heartless man gave her a list of things on why the mistress is so much better than her. He told her she was fat while the mistress is slim, etc...forgetting that she became fat because she gave birth to his children. Eventually, he divorced her & a few days after the divorce was finalised he married his mistress & moved with her to a mansion. During the divorce proceedings he refused to share half of his fortune with her, but had the gall to live lavishly with his new wife. Long story short, Betty broke into their mansion & shot them both to death. Her story is so heartbreaking to me & it's unfortunate that she spent all those years sacrificing for a backstabbing scumbag.
My dear it all boils down to the chauvinistic nature of men,afterall its a men's world....
(wanting to eat their cake and have it)
So why will anyone advice me to suffer both ways,i cnt wait for u to make it n get dumped again,i would rather hustle for my money,or go for that financially okay man,n damn d consequences.....note,i cnt even fend for a man....

Cc Toks2008

1 Like

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
misspicy:

My dear it all boils down to the misogynist nature of men,afterall its a men's world....
So why will anyone advice me to suffer both ways,i cnt wait for u to make it n get dumped again,i would rather hustle for my money,or go for that financially okay man,n damn d consequences.....note,i cnt evee fend for a man....

Cc Toks2008

I prefer that part where you wrote .. wouldd rather hustle for my money..sounds responsible.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Toks2008:
Do you know that 7 out of 10 ladies have struggled all their life right from childhood to adulthood? Will you blame such ladies if they refuse to marry a man who can not boast of an income good enough to manage a family?

The economy of this country has made it so difficult that even a man that makes 150k a month dares not think about marriage considering the way it is celebrated in Nigeria and by the time you remove monthly expenses from your 150k you wil be left with little or nothing hence saving for a wedding ceremony wil not even come to mind.

Now lets ask ourselves,how many men even in their 30s have jobs paying 100k and above? How many are even gainfully employed?

8 out of 10 ladies have no reason been single even at 25yrs of age YES you read right but the issue is with these ladies.

A typical Nigerian lady will state all she wants in a man but even if she hides the "Must be financially ok" part,it is very apparent that the financial aspect to her is even more important than the guy being GOD fearing. So in the past, they have probably had guys that are seen as poor by them practically asking them to be their wife but because by her standard,the guy is not financially ok enough,ITS A NO and gradually they get older.

So the bottom line is that 8 out of 10 ladies want a "financially ok guy" and in Nigeria of today,just 2 out of 10 guys are financially ok so the 8 ladies flock around these two guys and because these 2 guys now realize they are hot cakes,they just play around with these 8 ladies and dump them for other fresh ladies and these ladies who are desperately looking for a financially stable guy to marry ends up becoming single and searching again after wasting their time with these 2 guys with the hope that these 2 guys will marry the 8 ladies and the never ending crazy circle continues.

This is why i fear for Many Nigerian spinsters and until they make up their mind to start a life with a man even if he still strugling, we will continue to have crazy increase in the number of averaged single ladies.

Just trying to make common sense.

Painfully your sense isn't common. If a lotta ladies could see this your line of thought then your far and possibly the fear of many other people would be curbed.
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by ideyhere(f): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Toks2008:

And what is the guaranty that you will readily find the rich man?

Do you have the power to make the presumed fin buoyant guy marry you?

oh you preffer to be a punching bag for a rich dude rather than being a queen with a struggling man?

smh

Nobody is begging anybody to marry anybody. And if you must quote me, read what I wrote and quote me correctly. I said if you MUST settle down with ONE OF THE DEVILS...
And if what I'm looking for is a rich guy and I don't find, I'll stay single naa. And poor men naa dem dey punch their wives pass. So I still maintain what I said...and even add more to it... If I must be a punching bag, it best be for the rich dude than for one living from hand to mouth.

One more thing... It would be better if you don't quote me again cos as you like seniority for NL reach, e no go tey now you go talk say I never sabi anything come they argue with person wey fit be my father...and before we say jack you go talk say me don insult you
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
misspicy:

My dear it all boils down to the misogynist nature of men,afterall its a men's world....
So why will anyone advice me to suffer both ways,i cnt wait for u to make it n get dumped again,i would rather hustle for my money,or go for that financially okay man,n damn d consequences.....note,i cnt evee fend for a man....

Cc Toks2008

You go girl! smiley
Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
ideyhere:

Nobody is begging anybody to marry anybody. And if you must quote me, read what I wrote and quote me correctly. I said if you MUST settle down with ONE OF THE DEVILS...
And if what I'm looking for is a rich guy and I don't find, I'll stay single naa. And poor men naa dem dey punch their wives pass. So I still maintain what I said...and even add more to it... If I must be a punching bag, it best be for the rich dude than for one living from hand to mouth.

One more thing... It would be better if you don't quote me again cos as you like seniority for NL reach, e no go tey now you go talk say I never sabi anything come they argue with person wey fit be my father...and before we say jack you go talk say me don insult you

I honestly dont get the logic behind this post..

I would advise you to reestrain from making comments on a topic you are not ready to discuss intellgently and intellectually.

You really do not need this your post cos the last time i checked,we were having some reasonable communication.

O ga o

3 Likes

Re: My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. by Toks2008(m): 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
intresting comments

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Person Lose His Virginity To A Sex Doll? / (VIDEO) Two Lovebirds Publicly Having A Qu*ckie At The Maryland Mall In Lagos / Husband Finds Out In Birthday That Gf Is A GHOST — Twitter Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.