Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (42443 Views)

Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River / Aisha Buhari Launches Sickle Cell Awareness In Abuja, Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Ignyte(m): 6:20am On Oct 21, 2015
bperfectionist this is the best news i've heard in a while..... Make dem finish am sha
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Ademat7(m): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2015
theV0ice:

I think with it being a PPP, it will be finished. Even if the Govt isn't serious, the private investors wouldn't sit idly by watching their investments go to waste.

It's a good and laudable project. I wish them well
d project is good however rail will hv been better considering what dangote truck driver hv done to other highways
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Biosahal: 6:30am On Oct 21, 2015
Ghandi12:
Some clarifications:

Is this State sponsored or Federal government sponsored? Or is it a joint-venture?
See your mind.
Public- private partnership.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Diamondpicture(m): 6:34am On Oct 21, 2015
iconaus:
Baba go slow will do this very fast because it is a road that connects to the north through which the north will use to Invade the South South quickly
You took my comment that is their plan but we are watching
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Valstresser: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros howfar?
Make i put mouth small for your tory, ayade dey lie big time. I was opportuned to tour atleast 60percent of cross river state, i climaxed at obudu which share boundary with benue state, from calabar to obudu it took us more than 10hrs, dont knw how that road design is that will cut a whooping 9hrs from a journey of more than 10hrs. Cross river state is big and that road is passing thru more than 7 local govt areas.
And for the time duration, make i reserve my comment.
10hrs? Within a state?. I comment my reserve

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:44am On Oct 21, 2015
Realdeals:
Good one Mr President! You are indeed for everybody and for nobody, we knew those that would have played politics with it, like they did to the Lagos State Government on the badagry Expressway project.
Exactly jona was just a pinhead as a president.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nov15: 6:54am On Oct 21, 2015
This is great news. Elections are over, so all those weeping/cheering/cursing APC or PDP should know that political parties are vehicles used to arrive at a destination. If you enter a bus and it reaches the last bus stop, even if you refuse to come down, the driver and conductor will put off the engine and leave you in the car.

This is what we need now, synergy and cooperation that will deliver development and democracy dividends. For those who will never see anything good about this govt. My advice to you is to proffer your suggestions while criticizing and uphold our leaders in prayers because we are stuck with them till 2019 at least.

Kudos to the Cross River Gov and Presido.

Long live Cross rivers state
Long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Opinedecandid(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2015
When I hear another infrastructural milestone like this, still emanating from the South South, I remember Senator Godswill Akpabio who worked hard to raise the bar of quality governance in the region and indeed the entire country.
Senator Ajade well done.
Mr. President, welcome.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Valstresser:
bros if person bin tell me, i for no believe am, am talking of first hand experience.
I was on job tour, worked with a company that installed solar panel in the whole lga in cross river state. We tour almost all d lgas and i can authoritative tell u that cross river state is big.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by 989900: 6:58am On Oct 21, 2015
Public-Private Partnership (PPP) is the 'bestest', cheapest, and fastest way to growth and development anywhere in the world -- take that to the bank!!!

This is CONCEPT! An ultra modern, 'intelligent project'!

I dreamt that we need to construct a deep seaport.

As soon as I sent a letter to you on the Bakassi seaport, it took less than one day in your office and it was minuted out.”

I brought investors from South Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore, for similar project for LA-IB road (it was to include a railway line, ambulance/first aid medical centres, amongst a host of other things), and those mofos were asking for bribes.
sad
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by otobong085(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2015
i applaud this initiative. It was always exhausting to move from Ogoja to Uyo via Odukpani in the days i worked there. it is possible to cut the distance n time of travel by cutting through the dense forests In Akpabuyo, Akamkpa, Behind Iyamayong, Iyamitet etc cos the journey from Odukpani to Ikom through Obubra is a msrry go round. in other words, slashing the time would only be actualised if a straight line is drawn from Odukpani to Ikom.

E for make sense die!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by flightdey: 7:08am On Oct 21, 2015
Get updated about news from Africa at kakaki.news
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by otobong085(m): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros if person bin tell me, i for no believe am, am talking of first hand experience.
I was on job tour, worked with a company that installed solar panel in the whole lga in cross river state. We tour almost all d lgas and i can authoritative tell u that cross river state is big.

it is big, stretched. but it is not 10 hours unless asok abad ini ake useke anam installation.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Alexander001(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros howfar?
Make i put mouth small for your tory, ayade dey lie big time. I was opportuned to tour atleast 60percent of cross river state, i climaxed at obudu which share boundary with benue state, from calabar to obudu it took us more than 10hrs, dont knw how that road design is that will cut a whooping 9hrs from a journey of more than 10hrs. Cross river state is big and that road is passing thru more than 7 local govt areas.
I thought I was the only person that noticed the lie, you have to pass through onitsha before going to benue state. from Calabar to onitsha is 6_7 hrs before heading to benue state.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by PHfinest(m): 7:20am On Oct 21, 2015
260km in 1hr 30mins? You have to go at 173km/hr non stop. People no sabi reason?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by ibkgab001: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2015
Stop thinking with your anus
Shits come outta it
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by naptu2: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2015
theV0ice:

shocked shocked shocked

That's very grandiose

Yes, but I think I understand what he was referring to.

The Radio Nigeria presenters kept asking him what the point of the expressway is? Where does it lead to? So he explained that he had already spoken to the Benue State Governor and Benue State already has plans to construct an expressway to the Nassarawa border.

So they asked where that expressway would lead to and he mentioned the Central African Highway to either Morocco or Algeria. I've heard of this highway before. It's part of the Trans-Africa Highway System that was planned by the OAU/AU.

See the number 2 highway in the map in this Wikipedia article. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-African_Highway_network

http://ww2.radionigeria.gov.ng/frprog-detail.php?ID=1595
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by 247Dior(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2015
I was filled with joy yesterday... because during Buhari's election campaign, the former governor of cross river state Mr Imoke refused giving Buhari stadium for campaign and even a head mistress that allowed her school field to be used by Buhari was sack immediately... but that yesterday, that same former governor that sacked a head mistress for giving Buhari school field for campaign was among those standing on the sun to receive Buhari.. always be careful in your doings

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by rolchi(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros howfar?

I wish to agree with you. It is a big big project. We pray that they have done their homework properly. Learnt from the failed TINAPA and other projects and have decided to do it right. It is obvious that the investors must recoup their money from tolls. The tolls will be heavy. What is challenging for me to understand is the fact that Benue is not represented here. Is it still the rivalry of APC/PDP playing out from their side? Well, like someone said, we hope to receive more clarifications in the coming days.

Goodluck to Cross River State.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by rolchi(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2015
400billionman:
What is the present economic relevance of this road when Enugu - Ph is not motorable, Ikot Ekpene - Calabar is not motorable ?

Check Ikot Ekpene - Aba. Ikot Ekpene - Umuahia, Owerri - Ph, Enugu - Onitsha...

My only Joy is that Calabar will rise again like in the days of Donald Duke the performer. The last governor was a waste. So dormant and without effect.

Since these sort of projects are possible, it is evident that some state govenors are just a waste of space if actually states can partner with foreign investors to build us federal roads which the federal government abandoned. Why then cant we have good roads ? Rather let these foreign partners collect tolls on these roads for 5 to 10 years before handing them over to FG. We will pay with all happiness.

Most interesting is a Deep sea port in Calabar.

I may not agree that the last governor of CR was a huge failure. Donald Duke borrowed so much money. Someone will have to pay back the debt. And I am sure Ayade will still have the challenge to paying up. Again, it was during Liyel Imoke's that CR lost out on the Oil table of honours. With the dwindling resources from the centre, Ayade will really really sweat. Except, if Liyel was able to pay-off debts owed banks on the TINAPA and Obudu racket...you know Nigerian Banks are not smiling oh!
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by rolchi(m): 7:55am On Oct 21, 2015
PHfinest:
260km in 1hr 30mins? You have to go at 173km/hr non stop. People no sabi reason?

Exactly, Ayade over exaggerated....Politicans and lies!
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by rolchi(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Valstresser:

Bad road factor.

Ordinarily, from Calabar to Obudu is good 6H!

Also, consider from Suleja to Kontagora....one state!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by TheAdvocate(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2015
Ghandi12:
Some clarifications:

Is this State sponsored or Federal government sponsored? Or is it a joint-venture?

It is a project of the Cross Rivers state government with foreign partnership sourced by the governor.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by allrights: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2015
Buhari should stop these nonsense this is no longer invoke; THIS IS 2015. you are not suppose to be doing this if you know exactly what to do, Star thinking of how to create more jobs and health care
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by chicobaddest(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
Nice one Mr president
But I don't see any place the cost for the 260km road was mentioned
Where is the credibility?
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by theV0ice: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2015
naptu2:

Yes, but I think I understand what he was referring to.

The Radio Nigeria presenters kept asking him what the point of the expressway is? Where does it lead to? So he explained that he had already spoken to the Benue State Governor and Benue State already has plans to construct an expressway to the Nassarawa border.

So they asked where that expressway would lead to and he mentioned the Central African Highway to either Morocco or Algeria. I've heard of this highway before. It's part of the Trans-Africa Highway System that was planned by the OAU/AU.

See the number 2 highway in the map in this Wikipedia article. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-African_Highway_network

http://ww2.radionigeria.gov.ng/frprog-detail.php?ID=1595

Thanks for the education bro.... wink
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by theV0ice: 10:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Ademat7:
d project is good however rail will hv been better considering what dangote truck driver hv done to other highways

Well, rails have their place and roads also have theirs. We can't stop road construction because we are terrorised by dangote trucks. Car owners like you and I also need good roads.

However, your point is valid and i hope the FG's ministry of transport will see the big picture and borrow some ideas from your line of thought wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Types Of Nigeria Senators / Obasanjo Warning Letter To President Buhari: 6 Areas Obasanjo Scored Buhari Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.