Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State (38810 Views)

Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North / 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by shota(m): 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
EzePromoe:
Well let me pay my own quota in lecturing you by dissecting this poor defence mechanism you've just put up here;
Yes we speak Ikwerre as our language but did our progenitors ascended from the ground with Ikwerre language? Don't you think this language was developed from somewhere not necessarily superior. Going by your postulation then there are over 50 'tribes' in Rivers state. Seems you don't know the meaning of a tribe? Ikwerre is an ethnic group and no matter how you deny this vehemently, we're speaking Igbo creole, that is why an Ikwerreman who has never left his father's compound will understand Igbo language though he won't start speaking it immediately. You won't understand this because you're not Ikwerre. I understand that many of our youths today don't know our history and sadly enough they don't care to know either, that is why ignorance is prevalent in our society today.

[b]I know it's the word KELGA that is deceiving you because that is the only instance you can give to buttress your assertion. Now, here is how the word 'KELGA' came about: Then under the Old Rivers (comprising of the present Rivers and Bayelsa states) both Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma and Emohua were under a local government authority known as Ikwerre/Etche Local Government Authority. There is even a high school still named by this location (County Grammar School Ikwerre/Etche) which is between Igwuruta and Chokocho, that is my alma mater. Now back to your point, do you think that those who created the local government were stupid not to have made that distinction between 'Ikwerre' and 'Etche'? Why was it not simply called Ikwerre Local Government since Etche people were once Ikwerre according to you. Like I said earlier I'm happy that you're picking up. Then it was 'Etche speak some kind of Ikwerre' now it is 'they're grouped alongside with Ikwerre'. I believe next time you'll come up with something better.[/b]

Nice guess. Etche dialect is almost similar to the Mbaise dialect. For the fact an Ikwerre man will understand Igbo on his first hearing, he will also understand Etche like Igbo. Here amongst Ikwerre, we even consider them to be pure Igbos though some won't agree. But when an Ozuzu man or Isu man or Akwukabi man speaks, I bet it that an Ikwerreman will not understand a sentence. IGBO language is always what it is, differing per square mile. As for Ikwerre, forget it! An Etche man who hasn't lived in Ikwerre land won't understand a sentence from it.

Jesus! shocked
First of all, there are many distinct ethnic Igboid and Ijoid groups that make up Ahaoda. Do you know that Ahoada is divided into two local government, Ahoada East and Ahoada West. Ibaa does not even border Ahoada to start with. Who is feeding you with all this junk? Do that person know the distance between these two places. Ibaa is reputed to have one of the most complicated Ikwerre dialect. I from Igwuruta need to put my ears on ground carefully and figure out what they are saying. How come somebody from Ahoada will understand this with ease. You've just proven to all NLders that you're no Rivers man talkless of Ikwerre. Even an Ogoni man knows that there's a big difference between Ikwerre and Ahoada.

Please name the part of Obigbo land owned by Eleme or Iriebe not by making empty assertions. It seems to me like you're using Google map to dictate and allocate piece of lands. You don't know that there are errors in that application. I've observed many of them.

More like you've subtly requested for a lecture. Luckily enough, you got one for yourself. You claim to be from Ogbakiri but I can bet my entire fortune that you can't name the villages in Ogbakiri or the neighbouring towns. You'll crawl to Google as usual to save your face.

Cheruv Tonychristopher Freeglobe shota xtorse Easternlion and so on, you guys should stop dissing the Ikwerres because of this boy because he's not one.

Jamaicans speak English and so to you they must be English... Haitians speak French so to you they must be French . Opobo speak Igbo and Bonny speak Igbo so to you they are Igbos , Apoi Ijaws speak Yoruba so to you Apoi must be Yorubas. You don't consider the reason why people speak other people's language ... Igbo people in Oyigbo are all settlers.. They are people who went there to trade and Oyigbo was a market and never a settlement ..
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by cheruv: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
shota:

Jamaicans speak English and so to you they must be English... Haitians speak French so to you they must be French . Opobo speak Igbo and Bonny speak Igbo so to you they are Igbos , Apoi Ijaws speak Yoruba so to you Apoi must be Yorubas. You don't consider the reason why people speak other people's language ... Igbo people in Oyigbo are all settlers.. They are people who went there to trade and Oyigbo was a market and never a settlement ..
A Rivers man has drilled you and you're still asking questions
Oya go collect your school fees back! angry
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by gykes(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

President Buhari Hosts Senators At His Daura Residence / Imam Of Peace Calls For Arrest Of Buhari Over Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / Enugu Government Invites Woman Who Returned N14M Erroneously Paid To Her Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.