Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State (38802 Views)

Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North / 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Deltagiant: 12:26am On Oct 21, 2015
salamido:

You stinking vulture never liked the truth!
Nigeria survived and did exceedingly well during the war without the ibos. On the contrary, ibos who were deprived of Nigerian food and meat from the North saw hell on earth and died in their millions without Nigeria! Who are the leeches here, you gawky mouthed vermin!

Mr Usual Nigerian Idioot,

You've not yet answered my questions even as i can forgive Nigeria for driling the oil in my land during the war to feed her lazy ass as always

And good night

12 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by ocelot2006(m): 12:27am On Oct 21, 2015
QuotaSystem:
I thought the Niger Deltans wanted Biafra too...

...clearly Wike and Riverians do not...and their government didn't waste any time to give us the benefit of doubt grin

It is getting increasingly clear that this Biafra movement is located only on web browsers and in the hungry hallucinations of touts and street urchins grin

Who said we Niger Deltans want Biafra? No thank you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by gykes(m): 12:31am On Oct 21, 2015
coolscott:

It is an insult to associate us in Rivers State with movements engineered by pple who we doubt think through properly before they take a position, much less before they act.

The people of Rivers State, with ancient kingdoms and political structures spanning hundreds of years before the white man came.

Please we have not much in common with those south east people whose current day chieftaincy system was instituted by the white man because he needed a way to govern them in some sort of organised way. The white man had to install paramount chiefs for them so that his indirect rule could work.

It pays to know more about the country we call ours. Of course it gets us better informed, but besides that, our social story (both present and especially historical) is that interesting.

That's the part I'm really trying to understand. I see this very strange coinage on NL every now and then - "igbo Rivers", and I begin to wonder who are the igbos in Rivers State. Last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers State. I seriously need to know this strange people because Ikwerre, Etche and Umuma are clearly not igbos as they are stand-alone tribal/ethnic groups. Even Bony where they speak Igbani and simplified/pure igbo languages are ijaw.

Yes I know this because I am a Rivers man and a son of Ikwerre land. On that note, I really need some educating on this "Igbo Rivers" people in Rivers State.

Just a side note: I am not against Biafra and in fact, I am a strong supporter of the UN doctrine on Self Determination, but forcefully dragging a State and/or its people into the Biafran struggle is what I find hard to comprehend let alone assimilate. IMHO It is in every ramification, the same master-slave perception Biafrans as a people are fighting against - it is an obtrusive imposition that should be carefully and promptly checked.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by gykes(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2015
While Igbo call themselves "Ndigbi" and The decision making body of the Igbo Ethnic Nationality is identified as as "Ohaneze ndigbo"

Ikwerre on the other hand recognized themselves as "Ihiruowa" (pardon my spelling but Ikwerre sons know what I mean) while its decision making body is "Obako Ikwerre"...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by 1adewoye: 12:40am On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

Bro relax.
you sound so pained and angry.
d fight for freedom is not for d Nigeria Government or d politicians benefiting from d Nigerian Gov.
It is for d Biafrans and d future of d next Generation of Biafra.

There is nothing like biafra, which ceased to exist under 1970' surrender term! If you want to reawaken this dead and decayed episode in Nigerian history you can only count on a few diehards intent on anarchy. I hope they are ready to dance to the music they play.

Rest assured that majority of Nigerians, including all 36 states are looking forward to progressing the national project rather than the myopic distractions of those wishing to retrogress.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by salamido: 12:46am On Oct 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

You've not yet answered my questions even as i can forgive Nigeria for driling the oil in my land during the war to feed her lazy ass as always

And good night

Am I answerable to a leech?
You have no land as all land belongs to the Federal Government, you slipshod!
You remain a burden on Nigeria and if we should stop sending food and meat down, you starve to death, unrequited bug!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by ayobabas: 12:54am On Oct 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

And good night

Go read the Constitution of Nigeria before you commit act of conversion. You have no land but lease, which in your own hapless state, you haven't any.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by IGBOSON1: 12:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

You people are just very funny, dubious and spurious in so many ways. Why is it that you leeches are always fixated in deciding for Igbo speaking people, which part should identify with their language and which shouldn't? Very nauseating it has become...Can't you guys survive n Nigeria without native igbo speakers?

^^^These bigoted leeches are the very definition of the word shameless!

If they have so much faith in the cohesiveness and unity of their 'one Nigeria' why then are they fretting over Biafran calls for self-determination? Wouldn't a referendum decide one way or the other who wants to continue sharing the same country with Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani and who wants out? They're about to get shot of the very people they hate passionately so i don't understand all this keeping of vigil over Biafran issue!

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by 1adewoye: 1:02am On Oct 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^These bigoted leeches are the very definition of the word shameless!

If they have so much faith in the cohesiveness and unity of their 'one Nigeria' why then are they fretting over Biafran calls for self-determination? Wouldn't a referendum decide one way or the other who wants to continue sharing the same country with Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani and who wants out? They're about to get shot of the very people they hate passionately so i don't understand all this keeping of vigil over Biafran issue!

Read the meaning of leeches in the post below, you stinking asshole bigot!

salamido:

You stinking vulture never liked the truth!
Nigeria survived and did exceedingly well during the war without the ibos. On the contrary, ibos who were deprived of Nigerian food and meat from the North saw hell on earth and died in their millions without Nigeria! Who are the leeches here, you gawky mouthed vermin!

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Mimee803: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2015
This is d whole point! Nd d reason dis same quest for self determination failed b4! I wld love 2 see biafra created 2morow bt u cannot I repeat cannot drag Niger delta states or any oda state for dat mata with u it defeats d whole purpose of d struggle! The handlers of d biafra movement r insane if u ask me!y incite a war u r not ready for? Do u tink u fight wars wit mere words or sticks? Common pple read educate urselfs! D best way 2 win dis struggle is by simple diplomacy...nw it seems 2 me dat d igbo folk knw nothing about diplomacy if not dey wld be lobbying wit oda African countries and international organisations (take d struggle out der put d name Biafra on d lips of oda world leaders)nd eventually d Nigerian govt trust me ders merit in d claim for a new state a blind man can see dat! U can't win dis by a war trust me u simply can't stop wasting ur tym and stop creating unnecessary enemies 4 urslfs.
gykes:

That's the part I'm really trying to understand. I see this very strange coinage on NL every now and then - "igbo Rivers", and I begin to wonder who are the igbos in Rivers State. Last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers State. I seriously need to know this strange people because Ikwerre, Etche and Umuma are clearly not igbos as they are stand-alone tribal/ethnic groups. Even Bony where they speak Igbani and simplified/pure igbo languages are ijaw.

Yes I know this because I am a Rivers man and a son of Ikwerre land. On that note, I really need some educating on this "Igbo Rivers" people in Rivers State.

Just a side note: I am not against Biafra and in fact, I am a strong supporter of the UN doctrine on Self Determination, but forcefully dragging a State and/or its people into the Biafran struggle is what I find hard to comprehend let alone assimilate. IMHO It is in every ramification, the same master-slave perception Biafrans as a people are fighting against - it is an obtrusive imposition that should be carefully and promptly checked.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Femolacaster(m): 1:12am On Oct 21, 2015
superstar1:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/rivers-govt-dissociates-self-from-separatist-protests/

That is for you to read. Kindly have a sleepless night. It must have been the fault of the yorubas again.
Those deluded dingbats will say, "Gov. Wike is Yolober"!

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by IGBOSON1: 1:17am On Oct 21, 2015
gykes:

^^^Please don't display your ignorance for the entire world to see!

For every Ikwerre who goes out of his way to claim not to be Igbo, i can show you one who has decided not to buy into the lie sold to him by Igbo haters who see Ndigbo as the last obstacle on their way to claiming their war booty and maintaining the status-quo that continues to give them an unfair advantage over the rest of us!

When Igboland was balkanised in 1967 -with parts of it placed in Rivers state to deny Ndigbo access to the sea and deny us access to our God-given natural resources- where Ndigbo invited for the discussion!? The delineation was done by Hausa/Fulani with help from their Yoruba friends! Fastforward a couple of decades later and you're now telling me i should accept the boundaries and decisions arrived at by the very people that hate me? You must be off your rocker mate!

For your information, Ndoni, Egbema and Obigbo are Igboland! The fact that slaves like you have decided to kowtow to the wishes of the arrogant and wicked 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern assistants is entirely your business, but never in your enslaved life posit that Igboland does not extend into Rivers state!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by kostadinis: 1:18am On Oct 21, 2015
gykes:

A true ikwerre should have known the tribal components of Rivers state and here you failed woefully. A true Ikwerre should have known about Ogba, Egbema, Ndoni and Obigbo. These are Igbos of RIVERS STATE.

On the other hand, NOT all Ikwerre deny being Igbo. Isaac Mahowu the Deputy President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is a proud igbo man and a lot others. Diobu is a historically well documented Igbo enclave of Aro ancestry. All Ikwerre and Etche deities are IGBO including the Ojukwu of Diobu. So, what the hell are you talkng? Go learn your history and geography. Na afoto onu! Nonsense!

Or better still, learn from your brother HopeAtHand. He misbehaves most of the time but will readily admit that Ikwerre "were once Igbo".
And that "Diobu is of Aro ancestry". With respect to the Okirikans, PH and Rivers state smacks of Igbo.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by IGBOSON1: 1:41am On Oct 21, 2015
1adewoye:

Read the meaning of leeches in the post below, you stinking asshole bigot!

^^^Look who's calling one a bigot! A debased pogrom loving spawn of lucifer calling someone a bigot!?......Joke of the century!

Listen mate! Igboland depends on absolutely nothing from toerags like you!

I guess you're not conversant with the strafing and bombing raids carried out on farms, markets and schools by the Egyptian mercenaries your evil kinsmen brought into the war when it was becoming clearer as the months went by that Nigeria couldn't defeat Biafra in a clean fight!?

You're not aware that Nigeria resorted to giving away a large chunk of her territory (Bakassi) to Cameroon in order to get Ahmadu Ahidjo to block the Biafran supply routes from the eastern flank!? Yet again we see you bastards unilaterally making life-changing decisions for an entire group of people without bothering to ask for their opinion on the matter! Today the Bakassi people are refugees and homeless because of you scum!

I guess you're not aware of the starvation policy dreamed up by Awo! A policy used as a last resort when it became all to apparent that even with your Egyptian planes and shooting at any and everything that moves, that it was going to be impossible to beat the plucky Biafran soldiers into submission!?

Isn't it funny that you say i can't do without you yet i want out of this shithole you call a country; and on the other hand, a two-faced animal like you is clinging on to 'one Nigeria' like your life depends on it!?

Who's fooling who!?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by coolscott(m): 1:42am On Oct 21, 2015
Mimee803:
This is d whole point! Nd d reason dis same quest for self determination failed b4! I wld love 2 see biafra created 2morow bt u cannot I repeat cannot drag Niger delta states or any oda state for dat mata with u it defeats d whole purpose of d struggle! The handlers of d biafra movement r insane if u ask me!y incite a war u r not ready for? Do u tink u fight wars wit mere words or sticks? Common pple read educate urselfs! D best way 2 win dis struggle is by simple diplomacy...nw it seems 2 me dat d igbo folk knw nothing about diplomacy if not dey wld be lobbying wit oda African countries and international organisations (take d struggle out der put d name Biafra on d lips of oda world leaders)nd eventually d Nigerian govt trust me ders merit in d claim for a new state a blind man can see dat! U can't win dis by a war trust me u simply can't stop wasting ur tym and stop creating unnecessary enemies 4 urslfs.

Any serious people who may want to help their "struggle" may not when they see that some basic realities are not yet understood by them.

When the agitators cannot see that it is so much easier going the diplomatic route and so immensely difficult going the war route, that there is no justification for trying the war route.

When they attack you and consider you an enemy for pointing this out to them.

What else can any non-Igbo would-be supporter do other than scratch his head in disbelief and leave them to their fate? Maybe leave with a new found disrespect for them (which he may not utter out in public, but which he may keep in his heart).

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by HopeAtHand: 3:30am On Oct 21, 2015
Wike fall hands, he shouldn't have been taken unawares.its obvious he is currying unnecessary favour from all and sundry because he has a case pending in the tribunal..The appropriate thing for Biafra demonstrators is to tear gas the hell out of them..and increase their shop levies and taxes the next day.

Let them protest again, they will be dealt with next time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by fr3do(m): 3:44am On Oct 21, 2015
As if the State governments of the South East states are part of the secession.
grin divisive tactics uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by ikechu1278: 3:46am On Oct 21, 2015
fr3do:
As if the State governments of the South East states are part of the secession.
grin divisive tactics uncalled form

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As if anyone expected anything different from the River state government. grin grin
These thread just showed me how desperate yolovas and their Hausa/Fulani masters are in their division tactics and believing their delusions. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by HopeAtHand: 5:03am On Oct 21, 2015
gykes:

Meka su wene.

Oyigbo LGA and Egbema in Onelga seem the door through which all kind of Igbo elements lay claim to Rivers state.

I recognise that Egbema and the Asa/Ndoki stock of Oyigbo have their kith and kin in Imo and Abia states respectively and willingly identify with them, it is quite irresponsible for Igbos to now tag Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma, Ndoni and even Ahoada as Igbos.

i wonder the reason for this forced attachment of Igbo especially on Ikwerre..this is a joke taken too far.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Armaggedon: 5:17am On Oct 21, 2015
kostadinis:

A true ikwerre should have known the tribal components of Rivers state and here you failed woefully. A true Ikwerre should have known about Ogba, Egbema, Ndoni and Obigbo. These are Igbos of RIVERS STATE.

On the other hand, NOT all Ikwerre deny being Igbo. Isaac Mahowu the Deputy President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is a proud igbo man and a lot others. Diobu is a historically well documented Igbo enclave of Aro ancestry. All Ikwerre and Etche deities are IGBO including the Ojukwu of Diobu. So, what the hell are you talkng? Go learn your history and geography. Na afoto onu! Nonsense!

Or better still, learn from your brother HopeAtHand. He misbehaves most of the time but will readily admit that Ikwerre "were once Igbo".
And that "Diobu is of Aro ancestry". With respect to the Okirikans, PH and Rivers state smacks of Igbo.

there is no need wasting your time. hopeathand has never been known to be ikwerre. Many ikwerre sons have on this forum suggested that his is an impostor. Even the idiot you are quoting is yoruba.

Most yorubas know that 75 percent of rivers state including ph is igboland but they find it difficult acknowledging it b'cos of igbophobia

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Ebbunwa(m): 5:34am On Oct 21, 2015
Baboons and monkeys everywhere. MY GOODNESS ME.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by ogedengbeakogun: 5:47am On Oct 21, 2015
We ibos re nothing but bandits nd petty thieves.... We re only scheming on our fixation of Niger delta resources... We create monikers to depict oda non ibo tribes to make seem as if dey re in support of our stupid charade... I know we deserve nothing but ur curse... We re already accursed... Yes we yigbos In alaibo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by HopeAtHand: 5:53am On Oct 21, 2015
kostadinis:

Stop talking rubbish and tagging me to it.

I dont have time for baseless argument, just provide the link.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by FreeGlobe(f): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2015
gykes:

[s]That's the part I'm really trying to understand. I see this very strange coinage on NL every now and then - "igbo Rivers", and I begin to wonder who are the igbos in Rivers State. Last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers State. I seriously need to know this strange people because Ikwerre, Etche and Umuma are clearly not igbos as they are stand-alone tribal/ethnic groups. Even Bony where they speak Igbani and simplified/pure igbo languages are ijaw.

Just a side note: I am not against Biafra and in fact, I am a strong supporter of the UN doctrine on Self Determination, but forcefully dragging a State and/or its people into the Biafran struggle is what I find hard to comprehend let alone assimilate. IMHO It is in every ramification, the same master-slave perception Biafrans as a people are fighting against - it is an obtrusive imposition that should be carefully and promptly checked.[/s]
You are very ignorant, igbo is one of the tribes recognized in Rivers state constitution. Omuma, oyigbo, etc are all full blooded igbos

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by FreeGlobe(f): 5:59am On Oct 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Stop talking rubbish and tagging me to it.

I dont have time for baseless argument, just provide the link.
where we you during the protest yesterday? Why will you allow biafrans to protest in ikwerre? It seems there is nothing to your noise on nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by FreeGlobe(f): 6:01am On Oct 21, 2015
ogedengbeakogun:
We ibos re nothing but bandits nd petty thieves.... We re only scheming on our fixation of Niger delta resources... We create monikers to depict oda non ibo tribes to make seem as if dey re in support of our stupid charade... I know we deserve nothing but ur curse... We re already accursed... Yes we yigbos In alaibo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
we igbos also staged a massive protest in port harcourt yesterday that is giving yoruba sleepless nights..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltZjY0creA

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by HopeAtHand: 6:02am On Oct 21, 2015
Armaggedon:

there is no need wasting your time. hopeathand has never been known to be ikwerre. Many ikwerre sons have on this forum suggested that his is an impostor. Even the idiot you are quoting is yoruba.

Most yorubas know that 75 percent of rivers state including ph is igboland but they find it difficult acknowledging it b'cos of igbophobia

Call your many Ikwerre sons out..That Anambra fool Ezepromoe can only deceive himself and not me.

Aside Oyigbo LGA and Egbema in Onelga, there is no Igbo whatever in Rivers state..you are just lying to yourself..because about 100 or less persons took to the streets to wail about the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, you have decided you run PH..you Igbos have been noticed..

Our stand on the issue has been made clear, we regard Ipob as miscreants and any other protesters will be treated as such next time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 21, 2015
I WISH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAN NUKE ALL IGBO STATES SO OTHER NIGERIANS CAN LIVE IN PEACE

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by kingzizzy: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2015
ocelot2006:

Who said we Niger Deltans want Biafra? No thank you.

Of course they don't want Biafra. What they want is the Almajiris of the North and the greedy Southwesterners to come and collect their Oil wealth on a daily basis abi?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Armaggedon: 6:32am On Oct 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Call your many Ikwerre sons out..That Anambra fool Ezepromoe can only deceive himself and not me.

Aside Oyigbo LGA and Egbema in Onelga, there is no Igbo whatever in Rivers state..you are just lying to yourself..because about 100 or less persons took to the streets to wail about the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, you have decided you run PH..you Igbos have been noticed..

Our stand on the issue has been made clear, we regard Ipob as miscreants and any other protesters will be treated as such next time.
you are not ikwerre. You dont even know the make up of Rivers state.

Many ikwerres are proud igbos. Even at that most of the ikwerres that deny their igboness dont flaunt it online like you do b'cos they know they cant defend their argument.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) / BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED / 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.