Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) (6587 Views)

Nigeria Deploys New Contingent Of Police Officers To Somalia [Photos] / Nigerian Policeman To Celebrate His Birthday In The War Front In Somalia. Photos / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by DaBullIT(m): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2015
So when some people say Nigeria will be like somalia , it means Nigeria will be better ?? grin grin
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by captainflash(m): 6:04am On Oct 22, 2015
One day,Nigeria will be a million times better than this... Truth Me.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by tpiander: 6:06am On Oct 22, 2015
DaBullIT:
So when some people say Nigeria will be like somalia , it means Nigeria will be better ?? grin grin

i guess you mean Somalia will be like Nigeria, that way it can be better.

and yes, we get it, no blacks @ whoever.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 22, 2015
DaBullIT:

The joke is on those folks who keep making fun of Somalia even though its cities are better developed. Nigeria is in a sad situation for real. That's the bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by dejavski(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Not as mediocre as these ones.

Blehh!! undecided please don't upload more of these pix it's gives me nausea embarassed
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by femmy2010(m): 6:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Their citizen sure using the proceed from piracy well. grin
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by BOWOTO(m): 7:01am On Oct 22, 2015
trapQ:
nothing special here. our standards are too low in africa
in "west Africa "
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 22, 2015
SOMALIA is one of the poorest
SOMALIA is the most corrupt

Yet just observe.
Some times I wonder IF we are really humans..
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Those brown zinc roofing from the 1930s have to go. Besides white people still use bricks to build beautiful modern houses. What is stopping us from knocking down those rotten old mud houses and build modern ones with bricks? A city can be ancient but the buildings in it doesn't have to be.
No the owners said they are preserving their ancient heritage as if London and Paris are not ancient cities, that is what you get when lazy people start giving excuses for their been stagnant.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by BOWOTO(m): 7:04am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Your attitude is the reason why if given another 100 years, Nigeria will never develop. If this somalia that has been at war for the past 35 years can still manage to have cities that that look like this, then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I can post pictures of some Nigerian cities so we can compare but I choose not to go that route.
The problem with most Nigerians is that they haven't seen what is out there, I live in Capetown South Africa, and I sometimes feel ashamed of my country.

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by BOWOTO(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
Looks better than Abuja. This is what annoys me when Nigerians brag about development
You are right, Nigerians brag about everything and nothing to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Even Juba in poor south sudan is better than the sophisticated region atleast in housing and standard of living.

Some times I wonder what the sophisticated region would be like without lagos

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by scholes0(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2015
What does posting few select pictures from the Capital of Somalia prove to anybody?

If I post 20 well selected pictures of Abuja here, You will be asking when Machester UK will look as good as Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by 989900: 7:20am On Oct 22, 2015
Wow!!! #humbling

This is a war torn country for fxcksakes!!!

Decades of war, and unending internal strife, and they can still come up with something like this??!!

Some first world countries have poorer suburbs than this.

Never knew they had one city in the whole of Somalia that could compete with anywhere in Nigeria.

#shameonyounigeria

#shameonyouhollywood

#kudossomalia!!
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Olayinka8793(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Ilekeh:
Sorry, none of this will EVER make me travel to Somalia. I'd rather take my chances with the land of the rising crime.
bro ehn u sabi yab dem easterners sha.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by imsuboi(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2015
At least, they have electricity. I can't say the same about a certain zoo ruled by an illiterate with body odor. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Your attitude is the reason why if given another 100 years, Nigeria will never develop. If this somalia that has been at war for the past 35 years can still manage to have cities that that look like this, then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I can post pictures of some Nigerian cities so we can compare but I choose not to go that route.

Bros, Naija has cutie 50times more beautiful than all these your pics

Somalia has its ugly parts, Naija has its ugly parts, but Naija over Somalia anyday! cool

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by moredollar(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2015
Omo, see something. Somalia, here I come...!!!!!!
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2015
Lagos is the way it is because of GREED. cry
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by ChimaAdeoye: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:
more

Only northerners should be interested in this thread.perhaps with a few yorubas
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by FlintGuevara(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Abegi... make I hear word. Even Mushin go fine for aerial pics. Show us the picture of streets for Somalia make we see.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
FlintGuevara:
Abegi... make I hear word. Even Mushin go fine for aerial pics. Show us the picture of streets for Somalia make we see.

Please post aerial pics of mushin let's compare.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by miqos02(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Trash! black men are actually cursed!!! Descendants of the Cursed son of Noah!!! Will send u a page on NL detailing it.
i will like to see that page too
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by azzima(m): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

A country that has been at war for over 30 years still managed to develope its cities better than most Nigerian cities and you say nothing special?
SOMALIA? ??This OP is chewing too much "kat".A country with about 10 different governments. You can show us the picture of some plush areas in Somalia all you want but ain't nobody is rushing there. To compare Somalia to Nigeria?what an insult! That quagmire called Somalia is no more a country. Doesn't even have a "recognizable "government. A country where a wheel barrow is used to convey the useless currency just enough to buy a chicken. Heck naw! !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
azzima:
SOMALIA? ??This OP is chewing too much "kat".A country with about 10 different governments. You can show us the picture of some plush areas in Somalia all you want but ain't nobody is rushing there. To compare Somalia to Nigeria?what an insult! That quagmire called Somalia is no more a country. Doesn't even have a "recognizable "government. A country where a wheel barrow is used to convey the useless currency just enough to buy a chicken. Heck naw! !!!!!!

Wrong... Somalia has only one government assisted by AU and UN. Also if you check throughout this thread, I never said that Somalia was better than Nigeria. All I said was that Somalia which has been at war for over 30 years still manages to have some cities that look better than SOME Nigerian cities.

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Yanks101: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
The way Nigeria is going, somalia would soon become a much better country.

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
miqos02:
i will like to see that page too
https://www.nairaland.com/2641620/revealed-true-reason-why-black

See for urself
NAIJASOM:

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Meanwhile, our foreign mainstream media only reports terrible news from this beautiful country with the photos you see here.

Africa is not the only place with disparities and gap between the rich and poor. In some parts of Europe it is terrible. The number of homeless people in Paris is alarming.

However, fact is we need to improve the dividends of governance in Africa, corruption needs to be done away with and we need to stop all this war mongering.

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
DaBullIT:

grin grin grin
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by sweetgala(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
989900:
Wow!!! #humbling

This is a war torn country for fxcksakes!!!

Decades of war, and unending internal strife, and they can still come up with something like this??!!

Some first world countries have poorer suburbs than this.

Never knew they had one city in the whole of Somalia that could compete with anywhere in Nigeria.

#shameonyounigeria

#shameonyouhollywood

#kudossomalia!!

And we have no excuse of blaming our difference for our lack of progress, Like Nigeria Somalia culture is that of Families, Clans and Tribes which play a very core importance in self identity and a major cause of their civil war.

#whichwaynaija

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by azzima(m): 3:07am On Oct 23, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Wrong... Somalia has only one government assisted by AU and UN. Also if you check throughout this thread, I never said that Somalia was better than Nigeria. All I said was that Somalia which has been at war for over 30 years still manages to have some cities that look better than SOME Nigerian cities.
You must be crazy .have some cities that are better than some Nigerian cities??. You even took the word out of my mouth, "ASSISTED BY AU and UN" ....and that's supposed to be impressiveyou know why they are being assistedbecause they lack a CENTRAL government with all these clannish warlords governing different areas. My friend,a country that is "assisted by UN and AU is just "not a country anymore"!!! Don't you "ever " open your mouth and compare a quagmire called Somalia with Nigeria. Now it's ok for you to compare it to Haiti or Congo.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 23, 2015
azzima:
You must be crazy .have some cities that are better than some Nigerian cities??. You even took the word out of my mouth, "ASSISTED BY AU and UN" ....and that's supposed to be impressiveyou know why they are being assistedbecause they lack a CENTRAL government with all these clannish warlords governing different areas. My friend,a country that is "assisted by UN and AU is just "not a country anymore"!!! Don't you "ever " open your mouth and compare a quagmire called Somalia with Nigeria. Now it's ok for you to compare it to Haiti or Congo.

You call me crazy but talk like a crazy man. I am talking about cities and you are talking about government. Are you trying to say that all Nigerian cities look better than Somalian cities. Don"t make me start posting pictures of Nigerian cities here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Abdulrahman Should Nominate Kwara Federal Appointee, Group Tell Buhari / Young Woman Who Refused To Raise The Nigerian Flag At Enugu Protest Yesterday / Oshiomhole: We Come With A Message Of Renewed Hope For Okpekpe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.