Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle (14928 Views)

"I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Between The Nnamdi Kanu-led-protest And The Tuface-led-protest?? / 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by fastestfinger: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Na so SABOTAGE dey start...dat was how our fathers thought this guys were on our side,only to have them chicken out to go after our properties...one would have expected the other saboteur that was elected UNN SUG president and hung as a common criminal by Abacha to enligten his folks,but no. Greed and envy clouded his sense of reasoning until it was too late...one attribute of the Igbos that is worthy of emulation by other ethnic groups is our sense of "LOYALTY".when we give our words to support or stand by an individual or an idea,we would do so,come hell or high water;even at the risk of great personal loss,WE WOULD STAND BY YOU, till the very end.These neighbours of ours,we treat them with love and kindness,defending their cause and supporting them at every turn.But,when the opportunity comes for them to return the favours,they hesitate. Next thing you know,they break rank and take sides with our enemies.for this very reason and others too numerous to mention,i was not outspoken in my support for jonathan,cos i know for a certain,they would never return the loyalty...today,we are taking all the bashing and vitriol because of jonathan.i keep telling people this;whenever nigeria breaks up,i want an igbo only country...cos,i would not want us to start encountering the same problems that have bedevilled nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by simplycarro: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
In addition to the above, I find it disrespectful and insulting on the sensibilities of the Ijaws(Okrikans) and the Ikwerres over claim by some IPOB promoters that Portharcourt belongs to the Igbos and they will "reclaim" it. Unfortunately, no promoter of the IPOB struggle has stated otherwise. For the record, the status of Portharcourt as the exclusive ownership of the Okrikans(PH South) and the Ikwerres is non-negotiable. Specifically, not a single inch of Okrika and other Ijaw land, whether in PH or anywhere else will be surrendered to anyone under any guise.

You are not going to be popular with this your stand on this issue. They have masked their real intention with the fact that majority of SS and SE now see GEJ and PDP loss at Federal level as personal loss to these two regions. They have now capitalized on these and cunningly want to align the SS to their eternal desire to exit the Nigerian federation.
Remove this GEJ and PDP issues out of this love-affair and you will see the relationship fall flat.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by brize(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
kettykin:
I weep for Niger deltans.
I really weep for the present generation of niger deltans. Their fathers like Clark, Saro Wiwa, Spiff and co could be forgiven for first time mistake but these present generation learnt absolutely nothing from their fathers.
they will continue to be niger-delta and be refereed as minority group and some are foolishly enjoying it, but not until they will have no where to stand, they will live in an island.... But only a referendum will solve all that because i know that at least 73% identifies with Biafra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by mulattoclaro(m): 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
Tonyebarcanista you're indeed an intellect of our generation. May God continue to increase your wisdom. It's simple SS doesn't want to be part of biafra. What annoys me most is that they're even calling PH igweocha and that's one thing that annoys me. It's obvious that's the same way they'll use to claim other people's land let's assume they decide to join biafra. Igbos are very greedy people and they want SS to be part of biafra cos of our resources and access to the sea.

I'm happy that we are speaking with one voice and rejecting their fraud of a country. Any attempt by biafrans to encroach on our lands will be met with heavy resistance. This is 2015 and not 1967. Igboland starts from the 5 SE states and ends in Asaba. There's no such thing as Rivers igbo or whatever. Nigeria is an indivisible entity. If they want to go they're very free to go but with the 5 cursed states. Edo, Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers have nothing in common with the igbos. I'm happy you spoke the minds of the SS people.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by kingdompropty: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
Thanks Barcanista. You just took a political stand. Even though you are an incredible guy in terms of politic, on this matter I defer with you.

While I prefer a united Nigeria, a big and vibrant country, I don't think radio Biafra is a national threat.

We still operate freedom of all kind and some of which is association and information, this for me is all part of the politics.

7 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by cybertyrant(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
After the announcement of the result of March 28 Presidential election, I recall vividly how some of us brought about the idea of a collective unity of interest and purpose between the South-South and South East geopolitical zones within the Nigeria State. I remember calling for a restructured Nigeria that will promote the interests of all citizens irrespective of ethnic group. I also remember saying that in absence of that, a referendum be held among citizens to determine whether the people of the South South and South East prefer the present Nigeria structure that favours no one over a separate sovereign State, the Lower Niger Congress/Federation that will favor citizens of the region, and also define the right, interest and terms that is acceptable to all ethnic nationalities that make up the 'federation'. I remember maintaining that this struggle should not be seen as confrontation with other groups and regions but must be confined in the most legitimate manner. It should be one that promote the legitimate interest of the SSSE and not one that set the SS/SE against other regions. This remains my position!

Let me state that the struggle for a better Nigeria that promotes good governance, equity and fairness irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation remains my primary objective. The LNF is meant to be an alternative where the hope for restructured Nigeria diminishes. Though some of my brothers either prefer a united Niger Delta Republic or an exclusive indivisible Nigeria. That however, will be determined by a referendum should there be any. I, shall however align myself with the position of my people.

The IPOB Struggle Not Our Interest
The Mr Kanu-led IPOB struggle for an independent Biafra is not in conforminity with legitimate struggle for TWO basic reasons:

1. It promotes hate and violence against the State, other ethnic groups and also against members of Igbo ethnic nationality that does not share the Biafran ideology as preached by Kanu and his IPOB crew. Violence was never part of the UN charter on self-determination

2. The ethnic Nationalities in the Niger-Delta are yet to enter into any agreement with anybody as regard the composition, structure or otherwise of the IPOB proposed country. We are already facing a challenge in Nigeria where our forebearers in their wisdom failed to define terms of our unity as a country. In fact, we are working on correcting these anomalies legitimately.

In addition to the above, I find it disrespectful and insulting on the sensibilities of the Ijaws(Okrikans) and the Ikwerres over claim by some IPOB promoters that Portharcourt belongs to the Igbos and they will "reclaim" it. Unfortunately, no promoter of the IPOB struggle has stated otherwise. For the record, the status of Portharcourt as the exclusive ownership of the Okrikans(PH South) and the Ikwerres is non-negotiable. Specifically, not a single inch of Okrika and other Ijaw land, whether in PH or anywhere else will be surrendered to anyone under any guise.

I recognise and respect the right of everyone to self-determination but I have to state that the Kanu-led IPOB ideology is not what my people desire. I also respect the right of our Igbo brothers to their own interest but I disagree with call for violence as propagated by members of IPOB.

I remain committed to the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger-Delta region and also that of every good citizens of the Nigeria State whether Igbo, Yoruba, Berom, Fulani, Igala, Idoma etc.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria
TRASH
straight to the dust bin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Rose2014: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
fastestfinger:
Na so SABOTAGE dey start...dat was how our fathers thought this guys were on our side,only to have them chicken out to go after our properties...one would have expected the other saboteur that was elected UNN SUG president and hung as a common criminal by Abacha to enligten his folks,but no. Greed and envy clouded his sense of reasoning until it was too late...one attribute of the Igbos that is worthy of emulation by other ethnic groups is our sense of "LOYALTY".when we give our words to support or stand by an individual or an idea,we would do so,come hell or high water;even at the risk of great personal loss,WE WOULD STAND BY YOU, till the very end.These neighbours of ours,we treat them with love and kindness,defending their cause and supporting them at every turn.But,when the opportunity comes for them to return the favours,they hesitate. Next thing you know,they break rank and take sides with our enemies.for this very reason and others too numerous to mention,i was not outspoken in my support for jonathan,cos i know for a certain,they would never return the loyalty...today,we are taking all the bashing and vitriol because of jonathan.i keep telling people this;whenever nigeria breaks up,i want an igbo only country...cos,i would not want us to start encountering the same problems that have bedevilled nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by CyberWolf: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
The OP has always been a clown who doesn't know what he wants..He is like a mercenary whose only interested in monetary gain. So your position doesn't change anything because we've said several times that Biafra is only Igbo speaking areas. You can stuck to your 'one Nigeria', we don't fvcking care!

19 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by codedslayer: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
The OP is Yoruba. Lolzzzz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by glassjar1: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
After the announcement of the result of March 28 Presidential election, I recall vividly how some of us brought about the idea of a collective unity of interest and purpose between the South-South and South East geopolitical zones within the Nigeria State. I remember calling for a restructured Nigeria that will promote the interests of all citizens irrespective of ethnic group. I also remember saying that in absence of that, a referendum be held among citizens to determine whether the people of the South South and South East prefer the present Nigeria structure that favours no one over a separate sovereign State, the Lower Niger Congress/Federation that will favor citizens of the region, and also define the right, interest and terms that is acceptable to all ethnic nationalities that make up the 'federation'. I remember maintaining that this struggle should not be seen as confrontation with other groups and regions but must be confined in the most legitimate manner. It should be one that promote the legitimate interest of the SSSE and not one that set the SS/SE against other regions. This remains my position!

Let me state that the struggle for a better Nigeria that promotes good governance, equity and fairness irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation remains my primary objective. The LNF is meant to be an alternative where the hope for restructured Nigeria diminishes. Though some of my brothers either prefer a united Niger Delta Republic or an exclusive indivisible Nigeria. That however, will be determined by a referendum should there be any. I, shall however align myself with the position of my people.

The Mr Kanu-led IPOB struggle for an independent Biafra is not in conforminity with legitimate struggle for TWO basic reasons:

1. It promotes hate and violence against the State, other ethnic groups and also against members of Igbo ethnic nationality that does not share the Biafran ideology as preached by Kanu and his IPOB crew. Violence was never part of the UN charter on self-determination

2. The ethnic Nationalities in the Niger-Delta are yet to enter into any agreement with anybody as regard the composition, structure or otherwise of the IPOB proposed country. We are already facing a challenge in Nigeria where our forebearers in their wisdom failed to define terms of our unity as a country. In fact, we are working on correcting these anomalies legitimately.

I recognise and respect the right of everyone to self-determination but I have to state that the Kanu-led IPOB ideology is not what my people desire. I also respect the right of our Igbo brothers to their own interest but I disagree with call for violence as propagated by members of IPOB.

I remain committed to the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger-Delta region and also that of every good citizens of the Nigeria State whether Igbo, Yoruba, Berom, Fulani, Igala, Idoma etc.

you're designing your coming back . you love money . and you will write anything to get some egunje grin grin

APC will forgive you job grin grin you want your own corrupt money too grin grin you lost your propaganda value last election when you decamp from APC grin grin

Biafra is bigger than you cool sorry for your 1 NIGERIA.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by FreeGlobe(f): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
The moment TonyeBarcanista proposed Pdp would win election in 2019 if they present Ribadu/Peter Obi was when I knew he was a joker and a novice. Incidentally, this is his first post I'm responding to since that joke. lol

16 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@HopeAtHand and Goodboiy like u told you guys earlier, my position on this subject should be very clear by now. I hope I won't be drawn into unnecessary controversy.

Clear throat... Enter thread.. Read wat baca just typed.. Hmmmm.. I go comment later but b4 I go make I address this 1

they will continue to be niger-delta and be refereed as
minority group and some are foolishly enjoying it, but not until
they will have no where to stand, they will live in an island....
But only a referendum will solve all that because i know that at least 73% identifies with Biafra

How did this 1 come to this conclusion na ?.. 73% re in support of what ?? nothing worst than Self Deceit.. keep fooling yourself

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by januzaj(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
BUSTED.......TONYEBARCANISTA IS A YOLOBA MAN

7 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Gr8tasign: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
You do well to personalize ur position without making it seem as if it's ur peoples stand.

I do not value politicians view on matters like this as we all know that politicians in Nigeria are after their personal interest, thus will not support movement as this lest they jeopardize their political ambition, (selfishness). Even the SE east u tried to paint it to look as if it their affairs alone, our governors and politicians haven't in anyway show their support for the movement. Does it then define the peoples position on Biafra matter? NO! op I have always known u as one of them.

On territory claims: u fall hand a big time here. How do u allow fears to preside over ur judgement instead of reason. As a Anambrarian, I know my father's land and it can't be possible for me to lay claim over a plot of land in another town in same Anambra unless I bought it over from indigene who is a hereditary owner of the land. How then will it be possible in Ijaw and Ikwerre land that is far away from mine. You are a good politic analyst but this subject is beyond ur scope of knowledge as proven by ur submissioms. Therefore, desist from writing on the subject unless if u have ulterior motive of causing division.

8 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Good luck, cos you will need it.

3 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by modath(f): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
januzaj:
BUSTED.......TONYEBARCANISTA IS A YOLOBA MAN

Your signature makes me laugh everytime.. cheesy

Yours & chancit the clown.. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
CyberWolf:
[s] The OP has always been a clown who doesn't know what he wants..He is like a mercenary whose only interested in monetary gain. So your position doesn't change anything because we've said several times that Biafra is only Igbo speaking areas. You can stuck to your 'one Nigeria', we don't fvcking care! [/s]

Ever since this same Baca was chanting LOwer Niger Congress u never Called him names, Now that he his speaking the mind of his people you are now calling him names..

Baca Good morning..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by januzaj(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
modath:

Your signature makes me laugh everytime.. cheesy
Yours & chancit the clown.. grin
Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by stebell(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Hensben Truckpusher Dearpreye Talktimi Stebell

My broda, yu are on point on this one. Tha above stated fact is wat I've been telling/warning ma Ibo brodas but they won't listen.
They made the same mistake years back and are still doing so again expecting to get a different result. Maybe dis ones claiming Ph as theirs were not born then.
Port Harcourt remains a property of Rivers State and not Biafrans.

So ma brodas frm another mother, wen it gets down, don't come here or any other forum to shout betrayal cos I hav not heard of any negotiations as regards being Biafra.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Energito: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@HopeAtHand and Goodboiy like u told you guys earlier, my position on this subject should be very clear by now. I hope I won't be drawn into unnecessary controversy.
i have never for one day dream of having ijaws in biafra.i keep telling people offline that is better to have biafra of igbos.ijaw can never and will never stay in the contry with igbo.
Godbless Anioma
Godbless ndigbo
Godbless biafra.

12 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Rose2014: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hypocrisy & mischief is when u read Barca's post n see that he desires a restructured Nigeria and you're silent on that. Of course who cares about his desire? Who doesn't know that a restructured Nigeria will put Biafra to rest?

Rather you're busy cheering the part that he's not in support of Biafra

Yorubas I hail o cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
simplycarro:

You are not going to be popular with this your stand on this issue. They have masked their real intention with the fact that majority of SS and SE now see GEJ and PDP loss at Federal level as personal loss to these two regions. They have now capitalized on these and cunningly want to align the SS to their eternal desire to exit the Nigerian federation.
Remove this GEJ and PDP issues out of this love-affair and you will see the relationship fall flat.

2 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by glassjar1: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

APC APPOLOGIST . INDIRECT WAY TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS .

YOU are done . I won't click like or share your nonsense ,never again . you will lose at last . you really think you're smart . cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by basilo101: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
You ppl keep making noise everywhere, didn't u ppl see the names of those arrested in PH for the protest? If u do not support Biafra, do u speak for the whole of ur ppl? Is it all igbos dat support Biafra?

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Olabestonic001(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
fastestfinger:

Your comments shows your level of sensationalism over rationalism! Its absurd that you speak about LOYALTY! I always tell people to be LOYAL to the TRUTH and not to me! If your position is wrong because you can't see well, do I just HAVE TO BLINDLY SUPPORT YOU? I defer much on that. If you see that a man errs please do not support him hook, line and sinker for LOYALTY sake; that is the height of folly! In life, always love people passionately but let your LOYALTY be with the TRUTH!
Will it not be a great height of hypocrisy to say Biafra stands 100% on truth and hence have your unalloyed LOYALTY? If anything is not 100% TRUE, NEVER EVER GIVE IT 100% LOYALTY.

6 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by stebell(m): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
brize:
they will continue to be niger-delta and be refereed as minority group and some are foolishly enjoying it, but not until they will have no where to stand, they will live in an island.... But only a referendum will solve all that because i know that at least 73% identifies with Biafra

With the present day Nigeria and the way things are, wud yu say yu are a majority?? Ponder over that.
Hw could yu peeps keep claiming things that are not yours?? Aren't yu guys tired of doing the same thing over and over and wanting to get a different result??

Your fraud will not work.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by stebell(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
Energito:
i have never for one day dream of having ijaws in biafra.i keep telling people offline that is better to have biafra of igbos.ijaw can never and will never stay in the contry with igbo.
Godbless Anioma
Godbless ndigbo
Godbless biafra.

Yu talk like a child.
Do yu think for once the Ijaws want anything to do wit yu?? Keep dreaming.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by brize(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
stebell:

With the present day Nigeria and the way things are, wud yu say yu are a majority?? Ponder over that.
Hw could yu peeps keep claiming things that are not yours?? Aren't yu guys tired of doing the same thing over and over and wanting to get a different result??

Your fraud will not work.
lol, i don't do shime shime for social media, if you want an arguement and facts let's talk on phone not on nairaland.....YOUR NUMBER?
Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by codedslayer: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rose2014:
Hypocrisy & mischief is when u read Barca's post n see that he desires a restructured Nigeria and you're silent on that. Of course who cares about his desire? Who doesn't know that a restructured Nigeria will put Biafra to rest?

Rather you're busy cheering the part that he's not in support of Biafra

Yorubas I hail o cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy

A 20naira condom by your late father would have save us this devilish being. A fool that blame Yoruba for all his misery and misfortune. Smh

15 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
post=39240006:

YOU are done . I won't click like or share your nonsense ,never again . you will lose at last . you really think you're smart . cool

Hopeathand see wenti i tell you this morning.. As soon as baca stop to support them those he 100k like go fly... Lolz.. We they watch..

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by stebell(m): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
brize:
lol, i don't do shime shime for social media, if you want an arguement and facts let's talk on phone not on nairaland.....YOUR NUMBER?

This is a forum, let's talk here abi una don start. After yu will ask for my bank acct no.

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Coolabbie: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
glassjar1:

And this fôol will walk around claiming to be a grown adult.
What has your "likes" done to his life? How much has it added to his bank account?
Who "likes & shares" don help?
Stupido!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete / Why MKO Abiola Won The 1993 Election, By Naptu2 / Vested Interest In APC Delaying Emergence Of Tinubu’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.