Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (669027 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2015
Seun:
What's the commonwealth part about? Perhaps we should create a new thread titled "Yorubas In Diaspora News Thread"?

Aareonakakanfo should be sleeping in his base now.

When he comes online, when he wakes up, he will change the title to whatever title you want.

We are ready to obey you Sir.

Thanks. May Edumare Bless You Sir.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Who will stop yoruba from igbo obsession? When will yoruba stop igbo obsession? Even that one called modath can't make two sentences without bringing igbo. Them swear for una? smh
We have never been obsessed with your tribe but your people are obsessed with the great Yoruba race because of their success worldwide. Azikiwe,Ojukwu etc...lol and your numerous traders in the SW will testify to this.
Yorubas do not usually go to your region,did not discuss about your tribe until recently when you could not control your sentiments and started the vituperations,so we the young ones are just giving you in kind...
Pls,I would not want you to reply me on this thread again...ciao.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Who will stop yoruba from igbo obsession? When will yoruba stop igbo obsession? Even that one called modath can't make two sentences without bringing igbo. Them swear for una? smh

lol,i tot u sed this thread would now get 0 views from u....geez ur so hypocritical.Just admit that you are obsessed.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

idiot, I must reply you cool.. Yorubaland that is poverty ravaged is now successful worldwide? Yorubaland that is trailing SE in economic viability according to recent NBS Stats? Anyway, I dont want to dabble into who is better or not because that is the same yoruba igbo obsession. Just look at this thread, you people can't make two sentences without bringing igbos. What will it take to stop the yoruba obsession with igbos? We dont even have anything in common.. wtf

Talking about NBS stats,i hope you know the SE is the poorest region in the south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2015
I had searched 6 pages on the politics section for this thread,i had to go through aare's profile to find it. Lyk seriously?,culture section?.Jeez...... seun you dun Bleep up ooo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2015
I had searched 6 pages on the politics section for this thread,i had to go through aare's profile to find it. Lyk seriously?,culture section?.Jeez...... seun you dun Bleep up ooo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FreeGlobe(f): 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Talking about NBS stats,i hope you know the SE is the poorest region in the south.
The SE was ahead of yorubaland, unless you decide to smuggle Lagos into yorubaland
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uniklinkum(m): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The SE was ahead of yorubaland, unless you decide to smuggle Lagos into yorubaland

Wow will this transgender born from intercourse between devils just stay clear off our thread. Mofo we don't talk about you, we don't go to your land yet you idiiots populate our space like the accursed that y'all low lifes are. You can sell your horseloads of craps to peeps that have not step on your wasteland.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Pls,do not answer that loser again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Pls,do not answer that loser again.Let him console himself with whatever he likes.He really needs the consolation...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FreeGlobe(f): 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
uniklinkum:

[s]
Wow will this transgender born from intercourse between devils just stay clear off our thread. Mofo we don't talk about you, we don't go to your land yet you idiiots populate our space like the accursed that y'all low lifes are. You can sell your horseloads of craps to peeps that have not step on your wasteland.[/s]
modath, mayoroflagos, ilekehd and you will all disagree with you..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Aminat508(f): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Sigh angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
PrincessJaneDoe:
Seun, we have had to change the title of this thread a few times in the past just so that it stays in the politics section. The Igbo threads on the hand have been there for over a year and nobody has asked them to change the title or moved their threads.

The content of those threads is not in anyway different from ours. Why then do we have to be the only ones to bend? If you are going to enforce rules, the least you can do is to make it applicable to everyone.

This thread is the only reason some of us visit this site. It has even brought some old members back as we have all found something we are interested in, which is the advancement of our group.

Please do right by us and move our thread back to the politics section.

Cheers.
Seun:
What's the commonwealth part about? Perhaps we should create a new thread titled "Yorubas In Diaspora News Thread"?

I agree with the Princess. Even non-Yoruba folks like us, have learnt a great deal from this thread. The title says "Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics", which I truly believe captures the essence of this thread. Some aspects of a people's culture, cannot be totally separated from their political lives. And I believe that while there would still be a mix of culture and politics in this thread at any given time, the politics aspect would still hold sway and have the upper hand. undecided

So Seun, please kindly move this thread back to the Politics section. May God bless you, as you do so. May your babe never leave you, even if Dangote comes to toast her. And may your heartthrob continue believing you are still the world's best thing, since sliced bread. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
uniklinkum:

Wow will this transgender born from intercourse between devils just stay clear off our thread. Mofo we don't talk about you, we don't go to your land yet you idiiots populate our space like the accursed that y'all low lifes are. You can sell your horseloads of craps to peeps that have not step on your wasteland.
Pls,do not answer that man again...pleeeeease...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IFELEKE(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
Seun:
Seun Good Day,
Commonwealth according to my dictionary is a politically organized body of people under a single government and I think this thread served and it's still serving the purpose it was so named. If time permits, please go through the thread thoroughly you'll discover that majority of what goes on here is actually political, we discuss our history, our connections, our bond and we discuss developmental initiatives across the states that make up the south west geo-political zone.
As expected of a thread like this, emotions and opinions often heat up bringing up issues and discussions that might be termed non-political but then we still keep track of the thread's intent and purpose.
I think you should move the thread back to politics as the name already implies and get the moderator to maybe clean up if need be.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uniklinkum(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ritchiee:

Yeah!!! Why talk to a wannabe. In the country where I live they have been coming here since the end of the world war. The only trademark they have here are for drugs, crimes and all illegalities. Yorubas start coming few decades ago and the achievements of only Ogun Moses have make a shit of all there decades of coming here and collective achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

See i'm not in the mood for this sw vs se trash,fact is i have been round the sw and know that while we are not there yet, we are not the poorest people in this nation,infact,on a average,we are the richest....Even the NBS,UN and WorldBank con firm it.

WORLD BANK
http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good
UN
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f
NBS
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/issues-in-the-new-poverty-report/137011/

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ritchiee:

Ok,bro....lol,u sef know sey na man.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
i didn't even know that seun had responded to our complaints......aare kindly change the name of the thread.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OnReflection: 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
A special dedication to all lovers of great music on this thread

Get your dancing shoes on... smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHftxPi5BP4?list=RDvHftxPi5BP4

Zeynab: Beninese golden voice, Goodwill ambassadress of UNICEF
Source: http://www.africatopsuccess.com/en/2014/09/03/zeynab-beninese-golden-voice-goodwill-ambassadress-of-unicef/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by CHRISTALLITE: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
CHRISTALLITE:
I was given admission at University of Ilorin to
study B.Sc Geology,however.
I don't have the means to pay the tutition fees plus mandated tablet,which is totally sixty three thousand (63,000)naira.It is already deadline of school fees
payment!
However,there they recently provide room for late tuition fee payment,with Five(5) days countdown to be due.It will be due on 30th,November,2015.
Ejo Ema jeki
n
forfeit admission yii! Please do help me out!
This will be my second consecutive admission
forfeited by no money. Please help me out! Do
not let me forfeit this admission! Please do
come to my aid!
Please. Acct name:Afolabibi Yinka Oluwatosin
acct no: 3047353656 (first bank)
Savings Account.
Please time runs....out!
Please kindly help me out.
Please help me out anyone
It is now four days countdown!
I don't have any means please!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Ok,bro....lol,u sef know sey na man.
Everybody knows he is one of those bitter men...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ritchiee:
Everybody knows he is one of those bitter men...

Hell Oh Hell
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
OnReflection:
A special dedication to all lovers of great music on this thread

Get your dancing shoes on... smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHftxPi5BP4?list=RDvHftxPi5BP4

Source: http://www.africatopsuccess.com/en/2014/09/03/zeynab-beninese-golden-voice-goodwill-ambassadress-of-unicef/

[size=14pt]
Won se bi n o l'eniyan, mo w'eyin firi mo r'alejo repete. She says they thought she doesn't have people but she looks back briefly and sees many visitors.

She kept mentioning "Anago". She reminds me of Mr Anago grin grin grin grin grin

Eni f'owo kan oyan apo mejo a pe, eni f'owo kan idi a ta oko a ta ile grin grin grin Let me translate, I love this line. She says he who touches Bobby must pay a complete 1,600(I guess as fine). And he who touches Idi(Buttock) shall sell his house and farm. Lord Jesus, na by force to touch Bobby and Buttock ni? I'd rather abstain grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ileke Idi lowo mi kan leni n wa re ile Oba grin grin grin grin. Ileke must see this video. She says She touches beads worn on buttocks and she's summoned to the Palace(Kabiyesi Must Hear nah grin grin)

Eni ba n wa obirin aloku a de Kutonu grin grin grin grin She says He who is looking for a fairly-used woman must get to Cotonou.

I have seen the video twice. Interesting song. Rich in Yoruba custom. I LOVE IT.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Belmot(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
i didn't even know that seun had responded to our complaints......aare kindly change the name of the thread.
Why should he?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OnReflection: 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
zimoni:

Won se bi n o leniyan, mo weyin firi mo r'alejo repete.

Nice video. Thanks Sir.

She kept mentioning "Anago". She reminds me of Mr Anago grin grin grin grin grin

I am glad you enjoyed it. wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uniklinkum(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
Michael Kueppers Adebisi

Guys you can read up about this guy. The only and oldest black face on German television. Yet some asylum seekers have been coming here since world war 2 and no one gives two phucks about them.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers

In a bid to enhance security in the state, the Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode today commissioned some security apparatus worth N4. 765 billion. Among the items commissioned include 100 4-Door Salon Cars, 55 Ford Ranger Pick-Ups, 10 Toyota Land Cruiser Pick-Ups, 15 BMW Power Bikes/Cycles, 100 Power Bikes, Isuzu Trucks, 3 Helicopters , 2 Gun Boats

5 Armoured Personnel Carriers Revolving Lights, Siren and Public Address System, Vehicular Radio Communicators Security Gadgets, including Bullet Proof Vests, Helmets, Handcuffs, etc Uniforms, Kits, etc; and Improved Insurance and Death Benefit Schemes...

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2015

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
Zeynab

Zeynab, whose real name Zeynab Habib Oloukèmi is a Beninese singer R'n'b born September 25, 1975 Abidjan Ivory Coast. She won the trophy in 2005 Kora Awards in the category best female artist of West Africa.

Biography

Zeynab comes from a Muslim family over sixteen children, she is the eighth born father an engineer in electronics and a shopping mother. From an early age, she is rocked by the music. Zeynab participated in school competitions television in Abidjan. Returned to Benin in 1993, she joined the College of General Education Allada (Allada CEG) where she followed the second cycle in series A. It began to become known in Benin notably by hosting a Karaoke Bar at Alex, a famous resort instead.

Early career

Zeynab very early abandoned the course to regain Cotonou, this was the beginning of his musical career in 1995 by integrating the Super Quartz group. Through this group she had the opportunity to work with several artists béninois. She released her 1st album in 2002 entitled "Intori" which in Yoruba language means Because Why or an album composed of 14 titres. Then in 2004, she released her second album entitled "On one place to another," an album that also contains 14 tracks. In 2011, she released her third album entitled "Olukémi", an album featuring 16 tracks including the songs "Ay lé" and "To love" have had some succèss

Albums

2002 : Intori
2004 : D'un endroit à l'autre
2011 : Olukèmi

I translated from French to English language using wikipedia.

I really like this woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.