Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (45422 Views)

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home / Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / Zimbabwean Woman Living With 2 Husbands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
euromilion:

Am sorry but,I had no pity on you,at 25 you allowed yrself in such a mess.

I Am Not Soliciting For Anyone's sympathy; Just Pray You Don't Get Yourself Into Some Hopeless Situations In Life! It Is Either You Wait Out The Storm Or You Do Something Crazy And Jeopardize Your Destiny! I Chose The Former! http://www.bummyla.com

When Oceanic Bank Was Still Existing, We Were Handling Some Contracts For One Of Their Top Managers. I know A Top Officer Who Ought To Be Around 42 Years Old, Who Cries Everyday Single Day I Get There, Because Of Threats And Verbal Abuse! This Man Is A Departmental Head! So It Could Happens At Any Age And Level! Pray You Don't Find Yourself In That Mess! http://www.bummyla.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
I can still remember d evil eye my aunt gave me some 15yrs back.

Its easy to forgive but not 2 forget plus I prefer being hurt by a stranger than my own relatives.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by fairheven: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

My dear, she was made ezinne in church and one of her daughters is a rvd sister

your greatest joy and reward will be to reward them with good and show how large your heart is.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by babestell(f): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Today I went to church and prayed that I would not turn out to be someone who maltreated other people children. This thread really moved me,

I know the common denominator here is the wife but the truth is that a lot of men know what is going on in the house and they just choose to keep quiet. Sometimes keeping quiet is easier than standing up for what is right. Most of those posting on nl are the lucky ones, a lot of destinies have been destroyed and people have turned out useless simply because of wickedness from relatives and guardians. God help us all.

8 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
inze:

. . . word

. . . everyone screaming see a counselor, the above poster went further to complicate issues by adding 'professional' to counselor (A counselor is a professional that gives counsel) and for the record, this is Nigeria and the eastern part of the country at that. 'for where you wan see counselor' grin
You don't know what you are saying.
Her use of professional counsellor was okay.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Elhabeeb1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
wow, I read almost all comments relishing experiences and I most say this story is one of the most important I read on Nairaland. Thank you guys for sharing your stories.

I lived with my uncle for a little above 10 years, I did a lot of washing and ironing his cloths but he make sure I know that am not his child and he will not provide for me how he does to them. I have always been a tough guy unfortunately I resorted to smoking and doing drugs but it's now all stories, I am married, have a great job with a kid. I still maintain a good relationship with him. I look back at my life and I just say thank you God.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Owliver(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
babestell:
Today I went to church and prayed that I would not turn out to be someone who maltreated other people children. This thread really moved me,

I know the common denominator here is the wife but the truth is that a lot of men know what is going on in the house and they just choose to keep quiet. Sometimes keeping quiet is easier than standing up for what is right. Most of those posting on nl are the lucky ones, a lot of destinies have been destroyed and people have turned out useless simply because of wickedness from relatives and guardians. God help us all.
most of the time the men dont know whats going on or dey wont know how serious it is trust me

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Adortem: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
babestell:

You are right,some relatives render some people's life useless,I know a story,the boy was living at an aunt's house,he was older than her kids,when it was time for him to write his o'levels,they denied him the opportunity,this guy was brilliant,she said how could he write waec before her first child? He managed to go to a poly but was denied any form of financial assistance.Now his life is so useless,he dropped out,nothing has been heard from him.Some kids are better off with their poor parents than rich relatives...

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
While I understand the plight of people, I don't know if I'm guilty in my case. We once had an household who had two sons. We enrolled them in school but the kids were unserious. I cone him twice a week and when I asked what they learnt in those two days, they could barely remember. I force them to read but it wasn't working out.
I had to follow the younger one to school one day and I got insults that could last a life time. How the boy comes to school unkempt and steals. I told the mother later that evening and she did nothing. She encouraged him instead.
At some point, I was persuaded to ensure they amount to something in life so I had to start punishing them any time I came home and they could not tell me what they have read. Their scores improved however, reading through different stories on here, I feel my actions would be termed excessive. By the way, they also get the treat my sisters get almost every weekend from me.
Lastly, is it wrong to engage punitive measures to encourage children to read?
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by honeygirl17: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
isacolukay:
Forgive wetin! God will not forgive you for forgiving them. By the way, MissAssy, u b fine gal!
vengeance is of the Lord, don't repay evil with evil dear, Isaac repent!!! grin
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:

Pray You Don't Find Yourself In A Situation Where It Seems All Hopes Are Lost! Where It Seems Heaven Is Shut Against You! But Thank GOD Something Beautiful Came Out Of It! I Became BORN AGAIN! http://www.bummyla.com

I pray so too but my brother, all hope can never be lost!! That is the vendetta the world wants you and I to believe. But is all hope ever lost?
You were feeding and clothing before going to her, weren't you? You had your certi intact, you could have taught in a school.
Forgive me but it seems you were carried away by the lofty dreams she promised you. And like the manipulator that she was, she kept dangling it before you to keep you in line.

I had an uncle who was being treated unfairly by relatives in Lagos when he went job searching. One of the places was his own sister. She would insult him and denigrate him, though she is a nice person, maybe she had issues then.

Omo, he ran back to my mum one day when the lady went to work. She came back and didn't find him, she had to ask her neighbors for his whereabouts.

Maybe he knew he had a welcoming family to run back to. Which is why everybody might not take that type of decision if their own is otherwise...

For me it's not like I'm judging you. But please as much as possible try to stay away from those who'd rather you believe all is lost. That is how they keep you in their chains. Take care....

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:

I Am Not Soliciting For Anyone's sympathy; Just Pray You Don't Get Yourself Into Some Hopeless Situations In Life! It Is Either You Wait Out The Storm Or You Do Something Crazy And Jeopardize Your Destiny! I Chose The Former! http://www.bummyla.com

When Oceanic Bank Was Still Existing, We Were Handling Some Contracts For One Of Their Top Managers. I know A Top Officer Who Ought To Be Around 42 Years Old, Who Cries Everyday Single Day I Get There, Because Of Threats And Verbal Abuse! This Man Is A Departmental Head! So It Could Happens At Any Age And Level! Pray You Don't Find Yourself In That Mess! http://www.bummyla.com

My brother,
Am sorry if I offended you,it was not my intention to hurt anyone,but just to let you know that if we all tell our stories, I bet you that what I went thru was worst than this young lady,however,I think at 25 no one should blame anyone for their calamity,I mean no one.

Life has taught me to be the master of my destiny,at age 14 I was living on my own without any help from mom or dad nor anyone.am not telling u to believe me,but I thank time,because time changes everything.

By age 18 I was a millionaire already throu hard work,I was never involved in crime in my life.hard work pays,I was shocked to see a graduate reduced to yr post.

Once again,my apologies if I was offensive to you.

just to put this across,faith without work is futile.prayer is good,but hard work is better.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
stanvesco:

d men don talk tire,
I pray 4 a God fearing,people loving,
sensible wife,
i pray 4 u luwiluwi,
kai,
i fit kill my wife with hand if she turns out to be a bad woman

This is just an example of how most Nigerians are inherently abusive. Especially when in 'authority' over them. What makes you think you own your wife's life that you would kill her? Why would you even think of killing someone?

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:

Thank God you mentioned a bank. It is a scene I am all too familiar with. Most bankers are too comfortable with the fat salary and the trips abroad. They would rather weep everyday but they are comforted when they remember their salary. It becomes a vicious cycle till they are sacked and then they have to face the reality they've been running from.

During morning meetings, the supervisors don't fail to remind you that there is no job out there. But I ask, don't people get jobs everyday?

Its well sha. May God help us all....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by silverr(f): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijaboiy:

Meehn you fuçked up
Where is the THUMBS DOWN smiley when I need one. Seun take note. angry
Flye:

Honestly I'm really mad at u for allowing her to maltreat ur sister even though u know b4 hand.
bammo:

Sorry about that. But u fvck up And i'm dissapointed.. Why did you send your sister to her despite knowing her character
paranorman:

Nawa o! No chop me nau
Accepted, it was a wrong of me to keep mute after everything but I was quite young then. Its not like I dont regret not talking now.
She mistreated me, but I never thought she'll go that far with my sis. She always favoured my sis over me.

Finally, I shared my experienced as a lesson to anyone out there who is suffering and smiling as I want you to know its not righteousness but foolishness. I didnt go back the traumatic memory lane to be judged or to let everyone see how much of a cane I deserve.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by naijaboiy: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
silverr:

Nawa o! No chop me nau
Accepted, it was a wrong of me to keep mute after everything but I was quite young then. Its not like I dont regret not talking now.
She mistreated me, but I never thought she'll go that far with my sis. She always favoured my sis over me.

Finally, I shared my experienced as a lesson to anyone out there who is suffering and smiling as I want you to know its not righteousness but foolishness. I didnt go back the traumatic memory lane to be judged or to let everyone see how much of a cane I deserve.
Not like you're being judged. I was livid with anger while reading your experience so it was just natural for anyone to think you didn't do much to protect your sister from the hands of that wicked witch.

Thank God it's over now though.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
MrBLING:

Look here Mr, I will quote you till thy kingdom come as long as you keep spilling your vile filled insensitive vomit on this thread created by such a courageous kind hearted lady.

You surely have relatives as no one fell from the sky.

For being so hateful God will make you suffer so that you will become reliant on those your perceived none existent relatives and like I said may they reign a thousand misery more than OP on you.

Say a big AMEN!!!

If I call you sewer rat, then it's an insult on sewer rats themselves

Why are you wasting your precious time talking to this Devil Incarnate called DICKtator? Someone who is cursed and does not know who his parents are! He is already dead...what it remains is for him to be pronounced "Clinically Dead".
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by subzidi: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:
What a touching story.
I always wonder why people treat others children(even family) so bad.
It seems their is some sort of sadistic fulfilments they gain from it.
That is why one shouldn't trust a child to live with anybody even if they
are relatives.
All I can say is congrats on scaling through MissAssy.
And by forgiving them you become free yourself.
Very saddening really! I think it's common amongst uneducated/unexposed women who come from deprived background and perhaps luckily gets married to a rich folk...dunno. This is so wrong on all sides regardless

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by franklingud(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Read this post last nyt but couldn't comment, hope it's not late now.
MissAssy, well I ain't got much to say but "Forgiveness is Divine".

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Adortem: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
franklingud:
Read this post last nyt but couldn't comment, hope it's not late now.
MissAssy, well I ain't got much to say but "Forgiveness is Divine".
Let me buttress your forgiveness point. Bitterness doesn't make anyone any happy,infact,it draws back God's blessing.You can't do it by yourself@OP,pray to God to help you forgive those who hurt you,then watch him purge you and everyonelse is happy.I tell you,bitterness can hinder a lot of things...I know its not easy,that's why you need the holy spirit to give you the strength to forgive.I have had a personal encounter,go ahead and free yourself@ OP

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Jyde89: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
queenfav:
@op at least your's happened when you were 11.Mine happened from april-july 2014.I had a problem with my law school posting for court and chambers attachment.Instead of my house local govt area in ughelli south,I was posted to Effurun.My mum had to arrange for me to stay with a family friend who was living around refinery,very close to Effurun high court.Now this couple is well travelled,both are lawyers and have been friends with my family since I was a kid.They owned the duplex they lived in, with a maid and gateman.They are very well to do.The first 2 weeks were very ok.since they had a maid,I cudnt really sweep the house because she does that.So I made sure I washed dishes anytime I saw any in the sink.I normally leave the house by 8,return 4 or 5 depending on when my court closed.I wasn't even eating breakfast in the house o,just dinner.
Everything started when she started complaining that I don't work in the house."I thought to myself, like..seriously?I had bar finals I was reading for.Was she expecting me to do eye service?"I wash dishes I meet in the kitchen without being told.Even when the househelp insists I leave it ,I still do it.She even went as far as gossiping me to her friends o.On many occasions,she would wake me by 3am on sunday.She would then pile the clothes of she,her husband and her four 4 kids for me to iron.At times after ironing for like an hour she would bring another set,that she prefers that one to the ones I have ironed.
I was so depressed at a point I couldn't read.I had to caution myself to bear.The househelp at a point stopped greeting me,because she felt we were now mates.lol.Many nights in a week,the husband would buy suya or barbecue,she wouldn't even ask if I want to eat.I would come back from court and find the fridge locked.As if the drinks they noemally keep there was my problem.she would even go as far as counting the coke inside the crate kept in the kitchen store.it got to a stage she started telling the househelp to lock her store when ever I get home.All that was to safeguard her provisions.I called my mum to tell her,she cried eh!She asked me to come back home,that even though my house was like an hour plus to the court,she would ensure I leave the house on time.I packed my things then told her I was leaving.The husband was home that night,he was shocked I even considered going.The poor man no know say e wife na countess dracula.He begged me to forget about anything that happened and stay.That one even worsened things,I will greet her at times she won't answer.On saturdays,she would instruct the househelp to tell me to sweep both upstairs and downstairs of the duplex.I was always sad..The day I was leaving to go back to school for our bar finals,my friend came to pick me up with his car back to my house.Na so the lady call me o,that I should go and mop the guest room I lived in before leaving.A room I always kept clean,and moped the tiles every friday afternoon?I almost cried!I had to come down from the car,then gave the househelp 500 to do it.My friend was so pissed.He was asking how I managed to cope for 4 months.I just told him I knew it wasn't forever.Recently she called my mum saying I don't keep in touch,I just laughed!Thank God for the bad experience o,because it spurred me to read with zeal.At least I passed my exams with honours to her shame.That's why I have vowed never to squat with any friend or relative.If I even get a job in abuja where housing is expensive,I'd rather share a room with someone ,than stay rent free in a mansion and take sh.it.Many people just become demi-gods once you are eating their food an living under their roof.Forgetting that no condition is permanent!I would not advice my enemy to squat with anyone o.Because thats when you get to see the person's true nature.

Op you try gan o, if say na me the woman go hear am o; na she go beg me mek I komot o cos by the I finish with am, if she see me she go run, I be small pikin ni wey she go maltreat me
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by damola1: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Parents should only have children they can take care of, parents should listen to their children more and believe them even when they tell 'lies', in due course the 'lies' will be sorted,

Parents should not allow their wards stay with other people no matter how poor they are.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by stanvesco(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
aameyah:

This is just an example of how most Nigerians are inherently abusive. Especially when in 'authority' over them. What makes you think you own your wife's life that you would kill her? Why would you even think of killing someone?
i fit kill u 4 quoting me o.lol
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
aameyah:

I pray so too but my brother, all hope can never be lost!! That is the vendetta the world wants you and I to believe. But is all hope ever lost?
You were feeding and clothing before going to her, weren't you? You had your certi intact, you could have taught in a school.
Forgive me but it seems you were carried away by the lofty dreams she promised you. And like the manipulator that she was, she kept dangling it before you to keep you in line.

I had an uncle who was being treated unfairly by relatives in Lagos when he went job searching. One of the places was his own sister. She would insult him and denigrate him, though she is a nice person, maybe she had issues then.

Omo, he ran back to my mum one day when the lady went to work. She came back and didn't find him, she had to ask her neighbors for his whereabouts.

Maybe he knew he had a welcoming family to run back to. Which is why everybody might not take that type of decision if their own is otherwise...

For me it's not like I'm judging you. But please as much as possible try to stay away from those who'd rather you believe all is lost. That is how they keep you in their chains. Take care....

Thank You Very Much! You Said It All he knew he had a welcoming family to run back to Sorry I Wouldn't Say At That Time I Had One; But Thank GOD for Now, Success Begets Love And Friendship! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by dhummystecah(f): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Eeyah Sorry. People can be mean o.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by campbelljosh(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
That's even ur aunt...I faced hell when I stayed with my blood sister. I can neva allow my kids experience such in Jesus Name
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
euromilion:

My brother,
Am sorry if I offended you,it was not my intention to hurt anyone,but just to let you know that if we all tell our stories, I bet you that what I went thru was worst than this young lady,however,I think at 25 no one should blame anyone for their calamity,I mean no one.

Life has taught me to be the master of my destiny,at age 14 I was living on my own without any help from mom or dad nor anyone.am not telling u to believe me,but I thank time,because time changes everything.

By age 18 I was a millionaire already throu hard work,I was never involved in crime in my life.hard work pays,I was shocked to see a graduate reduced to yr post.

Once again,my apologies if I was offensive to you.

just to put this across faith without work is futile.prayer is good,but hard work is better.

Thank You Very Much! No Offence Taken! Cheers! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
aameyah:

Thank God you mentioned a bank. It is a scene I am all too familiar with. Most bankers are too comfortable with the fat salary and the trips abroad. They would rather weep everyday but they are comforted when they remember their salary. It becomes a vicious cycle till they are sacked and then they have to face the reality they've been running from.

During morning meetings, the supervisors don't fail to remind you that there is no job out there. But I ask, don't people get jobs everyday?

Its well sha. May God help us all....

Amen! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by shut(f): 1:01am On Oct 26, 2015
softandmoist:
Sometimes I don't care to share this story, but I feel doing so will lessen the pain I feel with time. When I lost my dad my mom's younger sis told my mom that she wants to help me further my education. I was just out of secondary and had my baby.

I can't put down all that she did to me and the innocent baby boy.
Tell me to go to a neighbor's kiosk and collect tgings on credit, then lie to them that I misplaced the money and I will pay back. I did this so much the woman wanted to arrest me. When I asked her she told me that until I am covered by the earth like my father I should never ask her again.
She would insult my dad who wasn't even 2 weeks in the grave, call me a witch because soldier aunys entered the house.
She said I would never prosper, that no man would marry me, that my father ruined my mom's life and that how I'll end up. I can't forget, ever, even though I've forgiven her.
She'll beat me, force me to eat rubbish, as old as I was one day she just called my name and I peed on my body. It was that bad. I was like a mumu. Her baby that is just learning to talk will say I beat her, and she would beat me in return. She will tell me to feed her baby before my 9 month old baby. She said no one would imagine my son eating noodles in his life. Only pap, no milk. A growing baby.
Ah!
One day my sis came and saw me and wrote to my mom that if she doesn't come and take me away from there that she'll run away with me and she'll never find us again. That ended the episode. I forgave her.
When I was prepping for my wedding she started acting all friendly, said she knows someone who can make exotic aso oke outfits. We sent the money in August for a wedding that was to take place in December. Do you know as at Nov 30 not a single thread had been woven. I had to rush to agege to get emergency one made. She collected 70k for our 35k traditional wedding cake, told me it was 100k and she was paying for the balance.

I didn't do anything to this woman. I didn't ask to be related to her. The worst pain in my life comes from living with her. She would tell me to wash pad and reuse for menses, make me trek from Asa dam to post office.

I thank God for Me too. I have really disappointed her.

awwww that's horrible.so stuffs likethis still happen in this modern day?
thank God you survived.
Nigeria tho,no social security,no working insurance schemes,no nothing...lemme not go further
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by softandmoist(f): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2015
shut:

awwww that's horrible.so stuffs likethis still happen in this modern day?
thank God you survived.
Nigeria tho,no social security,no working insurance schemes,no nothing...lemme not go further

Funny enough, we were not poor. Things just got bad, then worse.
My dad rose to the peak of his career(associate professor) and we had the best education. The root of our problem is that my mom never worked since she married my dad. When he fell sick she spent almost everything we had, sold some stuffs. The rest were taken by his brothers because we were girls. All this happened in the space of 2 weeks.
We had nothing to fall back on, and the bread winner never made it back home.
So my mom saw her sister's offer as a better idea.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by cupidhero(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2015
Times are really hard for some people. I pray y'all find a place where love is free,where feeling good don't have to cost a thing. These are actually real stories from real people.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by GboyegaD(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Owliver:
most of the time the men dont know whats going on or dey wont know how serious it is trust me

I want to believe they know but can't voice out for the sake of peace. A simple way to know they know is why would you expect a child to sleep as late as midnight and be awake by 4:30am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.