Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home (29882 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / I Allowed The Devil Into My Home / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by stressedout: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
I am a hustling young nigerian and although i am comfortable, i cant afford to cater for another. One of my relation from the village visited me last 3 weeks here in calabar. I dont really know him well but i have met him just once in a meeting back in the village.

He came with his 2 boys of 7 and 11 years, begging me to take one and school him while he helps me with house duty. As i am a bachelor i declined and said i did not have money and also did not need a help. He begged that they cant even see food to eat and such things but i still refused. I dont even know how he got my address. I allowed them to sleep over since it was late and told him to go back the next day.

When the next day came (a saturday) he said let him go to the atm to get money to transport them back to the village. He left the boys and went out. Afternoon came and i started getting worried as he had not returned. He wasnt picking calls until 10pm when he called me and said i should not be angry that let the boys just do holiday in my house, that he will pick them the next day and then switched off his phone.

i havent been able to reach him since then. He just disappeared and abandoned his sons with me. Its more than 15 days now. I have called people, nobody knows his wearabouts. Nobody in the village agreed to collect the boys. They said he and the family moved to PH years ago. The boys are finishing my food and they are not telling me where they live. I even threatened to throw them out but they still refused to talk. I am just confused and angry. What do i do? this man has disorganized my life

88 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Ameeria: 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
I think this country is finally in the ruins. Only God can safe us. I would find time to take them to the village head, if I were you. You don't have any choice, just return them. grin

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Caustics: 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
grin give them pure water to sell on the streets.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by eyinjuege: 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Wonders shall never end..

Since you can't afford to take care of them, it's better you inform the police and any orphanage around your side.

Maybe they can temporarily look after the children till their father arrives. Please what of their mother?

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Kamelot77(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
congrat to d newest fada

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by LordKO(m): 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
@OP

It's obvious that you're competing with Lia Mohammed.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by stressedout: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
eyinjuege:
Wonders shall never end..

Since you can't afford to take care of them, it's better you inform the police and any orphanage around your side.

Maybe they can temporarily look after the children till rjeir father arrives. Please what of their mother?
according to people i contacted they said in ph. I have even flogged these boys they refused to say where they live in port harcourt.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by fatymore(f): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Take them to the orphanage

7 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by elektra(f): 8:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ah! Return them to the village or bundle them to an orphanage.
It is like your village people do not want you to have peace. First your friend chase you from his house because of milk. You moved to your own place only for your neighbor's kid to start treating you anyhow, now your relative has dumped his kids on you.

320 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by baby124: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Na wa o. OP, I know it's very annoying and disappointing but do the best you can. Don't get frustrated and angry. Inform the police and start rationing the boys food. Where is the mother of the boys? Can you trace their grandparents in the village? All they need is shelter and food. I pray God blesses you. They must have been really hungry. If school is free around you, government school, enroll them so that they are not at home eating you dry. That their father has run away and won't be coming back any time soon. Do your best to how your conscience permits. Try to treat them well but keep your money and ATM cards safe.

35 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by yanabasee(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Buahahahahahhahahahaha...... so they guy drop the kids there...then tricked u and ran off and begged u to allow them to do holiday huh?

lol.... dude learn to be a father...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by keepingmum: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3881070/friend-wants-chase-me-out

Op remember how you were angry with your neighbor who asked you to move out of his house after he accommodated you for months despite your jobless and self entitled state?
Yet you can't house X2 relatives for a month but your neighbor who isn't even remotely related to you fed/housed you for months on end and all you could do was to come online and bash him

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by baby124: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
keepingmum:

Op remember how you were angry with your neighbor who asked you to move out of his house after he accommodated you for months despite your jobless and self entitled state?
Yet you can't house X2 relatives for a month but your neighbor who isn't even remotely related to you fed/housed you for months on end and all you could do was to come online and bash him
grin. So Na this guy? Baba super story teller.

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Daviddson(m): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Keep on manufacturing stories grin grin

Assuming these stories are real....is it every aspect of your life you must bring to Nairaland? No, bros, it's wrong.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 26, 2017
The resident nairaland Milk Man has come again. Remember when you were sucking food and nepa from your host? What of the neighbor's daughter? Hopefully she she is more respectful now that you are a father. Milk Man do the needful and give those children milk. cheesy

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Fortissimo502: 2:11am On Jul 26, 2017
Dude you are full of super stories.

8 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by cococandy(f): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Lol. I feel sorry for you if your story is true.
Trust nairalanders to go dig out the past. I'd even forgotten that milk story cheesy
Please send those boys to the orphanage. Human beings are incomprehensible.
This man that supposedly can't take care of two children will probably end up impregnating another woman soon. Irresponsible people

12 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
Mr Lienus is at it again

15 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by stressedout: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2017
baby124:
Na wa o. OP, I know it's very annoying and disappointing but do the best you can. Don't get frustrated and angry. Inform the police and start rationing the boys food. Where is the mother of the boys? Can you trace their grandparents in the village? All they need is shelter and food. I pray God blesses you. They must have been really hungry. If school is free around you, government school, enroll them so that they are not at home eating you dry. That their father has run away and won't be coming back any time soon. Do your best to how your conscience permits. Try to treat them well but keep your money and ATM cards safe.
both grandparents are dead. I am considering giving out the older one as house boy
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by stressedout: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2017
keepingmum:

insult me very well sir. it is not your fault.

3 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by shaneroberts26: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
stressedout:
both grandparents are dead. I am considering giving out the older one as house boy
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by NoToPile: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mr "3 spoons of milk" just take care of them for the holidays nau all they need is just food and shelter.

On a more serious note report to the nearesr police station what happened just in case , and feed them what you can afford till their papa comes back for them. Those boys can say you are their relative if they are questioned.

Sorry you hear just manage them, that's if your story is true anyway.

6 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
What do u gain from creating false stories? Dont blame anybody by the time they starts happening to u real in life.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by yvesboss(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Eyi lee ooo
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by yvesboss(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
FortuneTeller:
The resident nairaland Milk Man has come again. Remember when you were sucking food and nepa from your host? What of the neighbor's daughter? Hopefully she she is more respectful now that you are a father. Milk Man do the needful and give those children milk. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin Queen of Savage grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Sammiejokes(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
serzly Op you the most creative guy on Nairaland. This guy sabi cook story. God I don laugh tire.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Destined2win: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2017
grin

Your stories are always hilarious.
First, you were chased out of the house because you took some spoonfuls of your friend's milk.
Second, your female neighbor and her wahala.

Now someone has abandoned his 2 boys for you to feed. Better go and make peace with your village people, they are seriously on your case

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by oldschooljam(f): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Such reply thumbs up

U very good ,getting authorities, or child welfare ogarnisation could reveal more on this issue ,children deserve better treatment no what the parent(s) situation
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by oldschooljam(f): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
baby124:

grin. So Na this guy? Baba super story teller.

U don't say was thinking it real angry

2 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by EfemenaXY: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
The replies on this thread though! grin

10 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by jashar(f): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Please help me spare my ribs.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga, I beg, don't flog or maltreat those boys.

You never can tell.

It is a small world.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Share In Common With Your Wife? / **pls, Is It Possible For a Lady To Be Pregnant And Still Menstrate** / My Husband Always Fills His Forms As Single, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.