Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? (4792 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable / Military Scheming To Overthrow Buhari - Militants / Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Jesusloveyou: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have watched in amazement the open threats and boasting by supporters of the All Progressive Congress that they will capture Rivers state by deploying federal might in the forthcoming governorship rerun election. Specifically, supporters of the APC maintained that with Amaechi as minister of Niger Delta Affairs, will supervise the DSS, Police force and Military to ensure that Rivers electorates fall in line so as to pave way for them to rig the election in favor of the Rivers state rejected Hon Dakuku Peterside.

There is no smoke without fire. I believe that the position of these APC supporters is a reflection of the deliberate plan of Buhari and APC to put Rivers state in crises in their bid to impose an unpopular and rejected Peterside in Rivers state. As a proud Rivers indigen, though I am very disturbed by the position of APC, I am not in any way surprised. The position of APC is a confirmation of the undemocratic and unrepentant trait of President Muhammadu Buhari and his party APC which patriotic Nigerians have always cried against.

Buhari should be reminded that we are in a democracy, and we shall deploy every legitimate tool to resist every form of electoral hijacking and intimidation. Amaechi and Peterside should remember that the collective Will of Rivers state people will defeat their fraudulent manipulation. Treachery can never defeat the aspiration of Rivers people. The APC should be very much concerned with the unpopularity of their candidate even among the ever loving riverine people, and the non-existent of their party in Rivers state. They should set their sight on the impending defeat and humiliation that is guaranteed to greet them at the re-run poll.

I want to remind Buhari that DSS, Police and other security agencies are institutions of the State that must not be reduced to appendages of his party. I am not 'begging' Buhari and his crew not to deploy their devilish tactics on Rivers people. However, I want to assure them that they will meet the legitimate resistance of Rivers electorate. Nigerians should note that Buhari inherited a relatively peaceful Niger-Delta and Rivers state in particular. He must be held responsible for any breakdown of law and order that may result due to his attempted hijacking of the collective will of Rivers people in the rerun elections.

Finally, the rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states, and the forthcoming governorship elections in Bayelsa and Kogi states must be devoid of State manipulation. Let the people decide, except Buhari wants to make Nigeria to be ungovernable.

God sparing our lives, we shall meet at the polls.
see as u talk tough today, we hear ur warning, so go and sleep

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Are you not aware that the DSS invaded Rivers tribunal and arrested the Resident Electoral Commissioner? Are you not aware of the moves of APC/DSS to intimidate witnesses and the arrest of PDP's witness? Are you not aware of the continuous boastings of APC? But we won't keep quiet neither shall we be cowed. Riverians will meet them at the polling booths.

well articulated but I sure know anything shot of a free,fair and credible election will be a deprivation of the democracy Nigerians are yarning for, need I remind you that hope you know wike did not become the governor in the proper way his election was full of so many irregularities both the use of thugs to intimidate the APC supporters, high rate of ballot box snatching, death of so many APC supporters, we all saw the thumb printing videos, so don't try to paint PDP as saints they robbed democracy you can attest to that, be that as it may we know wike is loved but let him win in a clear contest not through abuse of electoral rights.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by kingdompropty: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
They will fail again.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
Barcanistar you missed this one as well as your last post following the Tribunal verdict on Rivers governorship elections. Nairaland APC supporters don't speak for the party; just as you don't speak for PDP. I haven't read any ranking member of the APC threaten what you just described. Besides, Buhari is not a judge and hasn't made any public statement on the Tribunal verdict. Also your last post immediately after the verdict sounded brash, hollow and conceited at the same time. I encourage you to introduce balance more often, plus depth. I'd like to see you move from a howling PDP minstrel to an analyst. Don't always write from the heart; write from the brains. You've got good command of English and you can do it.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
aieromon:
It is my humble belief that the rerun elections in Rivers state will serve as the fine blueprint for subsequent elections around the country.
Let the contestants go and test their popularity at the polls. PDP has nothing to worry about if they are sure of their popularity. With the gentleman agreement between the riverine/upland regions, this will turn out to be a very interesting election to follow. The voters will surely decide the outcome.
The world is watching.
Peterside is not a "bonafide" riverine and has never been considered as one that is fit to be Governor. He's Amaechi's PA and a rejected traitor.

Wike may be an Ikwerre man but he's more riverine and Ijae than Peterside.

Peterside and Abiye Sekibo will never govern Rivers!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by aieromon(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Peterside is not a "bonafide" riverine and has never been considered as one that is fit to be Governor. He's Amaechi's PA and a rejected traitor.

The best place to reject "unfit" candidates is at the polls. The PDP team should learn from APC and document any case of rigging and/or malpractice if they do occur. This is the only way we can strengthen the election process.

Let's stamp out all forms of rigging and make the votes count. Wike should test his popularity at the polls and put this matter to rest once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
kITATITA:
Barcanistar you missed this one as well as your last post following the Tribunal verdict on Rivers governorship elections. Nairaland APC supporters don't speak for the party; just as you don't speak for PDP. I haven't read any ranking member of the APC threaten what you just described. Besides, Buhari is not a judge and hasn't made any public statement on the Tribunal verdict. Also your last post immediately after the verdict sounded brash, hollow and conceited at the same time. I encourage you to introduce balance more often, plus depth. I'd like to see you move from a howling PDP minstrel to an analyst. Don't always write from the heart; write from the brains. You've got good command of English and you can do it.
Hmmm I was actually taken aback by the boldened part of this post.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
Another thread full of assumptions, conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated innuendos

Do you have any evidence for all these accusations you have made against the PMB and APC?

If you have any evidence, can you pass them to the relevant authorities or provide it on this forum or any social media outlet.

I know what the problem is, you are scared almost to the case of defecating on yourself, you can see the handwriting on the wall. All your political predictions have failed to occur.

You know that Rivers people will now honor the Gentleman arrangement that ensures that there is power-sharing between the vested interests in the state.

You know Wike will lose the elections and it scares you that the PDP you now belong to is imploding before your eyes

You are from Okrika, stop making noise online. Go and campaign for Wike in your village instead of writing nonsense on NL.

won tun ti de ooooooh,
are u in rivers state, those who are there are giving first hand news you are here tepo sobe
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by hinwazaka: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
We know why he picked a gambari as south south INEC commissioner. But it will not work. The state judiciary is behind wike. The civil servants are behind wike. The trade unions are behind wike, the lecturers, teachers and students are behind wike, the bus drivers are behind wike, the market women are behind wike. So who does peterside have, the president. Well, even if PMB, gets off his high horse, and comes down to rivers to rig the election, peterside will still lose
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
This rerun promises to be intresting................

Buh e no concern me
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by CharlyNick: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
My Happiness is the election will be re-conducted and not as it happened between Celestine Omehia and Amaechi.

Wike should still be hopeful provided the re-run will be free and fair.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Kingspin(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
I always ask, which election in Nigeria is credible?
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
I believe that the position of these APC supporters is a reflection of the deliberate plan of Buhari
Now i can confirm that the OP is a mad man, so the opinion on nairaland is Buhari's opinion
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Are you not aware that the DSS invaded Rivers tribunal and arrested the Resident Electoral Commissioner? Are you not aware of the moves of APC/DSS to intimidate witnesses and the arrest of PDP's witness? Are you not aware of the continuous boastings of APC? But we won't keep quiet neither shall we be cowed. Riverians will meet them at the polling booths.

one begin to wonder what kind of change this one chance party tend to bring, just noise, propaganda, we will use federal might, dss is now in our control, bla bla bla.
The most anoying thing is those noise maker sitting down from osun, lagos, ogun etal, who are not qualify to vote in akwa ibom, rivers, bayelsa, kogi, creating useless online poll (u need to see how e- apc warriors swaming on those useless poll).
Well this is a test match for change government, let see how it play out, we are watching, but let it be known to PMB and APC dat no intimidation will wwork.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
engineerboat:

one begin to wonder what kind of change this one chance party tend to bring, just noise, propaganda, we will use federal might, dss is now in our control, bla bla bla.
The most anoying thing is those noise maker sitting down from osun, lagos, ogun etal, who are not qualify to vote in akwa ibom, rivers, bayelsa, kogi, creating useless online poll (u need to see how e- apc warriors swaming on those useless poll).
Well this is a test match for change government, let see how it play out, we are watching, but let it be known to PMB and APC dat no intimidation will wwork.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
IyaIode:

Now i can confirm that the OP is a mad man, so the opinion on nairaland is Buhari's opinion
and ur point is,
is it not on this nairaland ur e-warriors posting amechis wife rejoicing over river tribunal, amechi landing in airforce base PH, who send dem,
abeg if you no get any meaningful thing to say pls COMET TO TA PE
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by MyMouth(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Are you threatened that the scheme of APC as propagated by APC is not what we fear? Wike and PDP does not need to campaign, even in the Riverine area and in Opobo where Peterside is from. We Riverine know our candidate. From Okrika to Bonny to Kalabari. There is no contest.

However, we are prepared to match the evil scheme of Buhari and APC with every legitimate means. Enough is enough
The problem with u is that u make alot of noise with very little or no action at all!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
If Buhari tries any nonsense, nigeria will head into dungeon. Thats all i can say.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
engineerboat:

and ur point is,
is it not on this nairaland ur e-warriors posting amechis wife rejoicing over river tribunal, amechi landing in airforce base PH, who send dem,
abeg if you no get any meaningful thing to say pls COMET TO TA PE
You get mind o
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
MyMouth:

The problem with u is that u make alot of noise with very little or no action at all!
mr mouthpiece abeg show any noise (abi na ur prog word u wan call am wail; proud to be) dat no action have followed.
Ma so nkan toju e ko ri oooooooo

this is an acid litmus test for APC led change govt, but the moment they refuse to bring in neutrality well their acid will be met with rivers people VERY STRONG and CONC base, wel you know the result, neutralisation will occur which will be too shameful for this self acclaimed glorified APC govt
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
IyaIode:
You get mind o
IYALODE isale eko, efunsetan aniwuram,
n je iwo mo oun ti o gbehin arabirin yen,
fi awon ara river sile ooooooooh
iwo ko mo wipe APC ko le bori ninu ibo ti o n bo yi ni.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
MyMouth:

Boss, what's your point?
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by funlord(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin
TonyeBarcanista:

Nobody wants to burn down the country except APC

Bia this failed blogger! You never tire to wail?

You go sabi cry for biscuit for primary school that time when you small oh!
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by dazdilijae(m): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
What most APC supporters forget is a good product sells itself hence the statement "A trial would convince you" we ve tried Ameachi n APC also we ve tried Dakuku n both products were fraud. We ve tried Wike n he sells flawless so we ve decided.
I would try to remind those that care to listen that PDP was in the centre but APC won Lagos, Imo Kaduna Adamawa etc if it was federal might those states would be PDP states. Ameachi n APC was in Rivers and PDP won( call it what u want) Ameachi could not move even in his ward cos his people made life difficult for him.
If Buhari n APC want peace they would let Rivers be. Our economy is not yet diversified it is still reliant on oil @least for the next 12months so peace in the Niger Delta is golden. Let Ameachi not deserve APC cos he has no grounds in Rivers State if not he would ve delivered same way Okorocha did in Imo either by rigging or free, fair elections meaning he didn't ve control of the state even as Gov talkless of when he is a nobody.
It's 1 tin 2 bully a kid it's another tin 2 get away with it. ( read accidental public servant u would understand)
A word is enuf 4s d wise.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok so it is just the writer's opinion.

No hard evidence. Ok.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by 1wolex85: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

the way you and your pdp cohorts use the word 'never' always baffles me. when did you become God? Anyway, that is how you guys said PMB will 'never' rule Nigeria again.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by 1wolex85: 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
dazdilijae:
What most APC supporters forget is a good product sells itself hence the statement "A trial would convince you" we ve tried Ameachi n APC also we ve tried Dakuku n both products were fraud. We ve tried Wike n he sells flawless so we ve decided.
I would try to remind those that care to listen that PDP was in the centre but APC won Lagos, Imo Kaduna Adamawa etc if it was federal might those states would be PDP states. Ameachi n APC was in Rivers and PDP won( call it what u want) Ameachi could not move even in his ward cos his people made life difficult for him.
If Buhari n APC want peace they would let Rivers be. Our economy is not yet diversified it is still reliant on oil @least for the next 12months so peace in the Niger Delta is golden. Let Ameachi not deserve APC cos he has no grounds in Rivers State if not he would ve delivered same way Okorocha did in Imo either by rigging or free, fair elections meaning he didn't ve control of the state even as Gov talkless of when he is a nobody.
It's 1 tin 2 bully a kid it's another tin 2 get away with it. ( read accidental public servant u would understand)
A word is enuf 4s d wise.

Amaechi is a fraud, yet his administration built the best and highest number of primary schools in Nigeria. We get it, you guys don't like Amaechi because you feel he betrayed your brother,even when leaving pdp was never his 1st choice, he was forced out so you guys didn't really leave him with any choice. You push someone out, he then turns against you then you turn around to label him a betrayer, how is that logical?
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by engineerboat(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
1wolex85:

the way you and your pdp cohorts use the word 'never' always baffles me. when did you become God? Anyway, that is how you guys said PMB will 'never' rule Nigeria again.

there u go again, this is between wike and peterside,
moreso did PMB win in rivers, how many senator nd house rep membas did apc get in rivers.

Once again its time to give apc complete hatrick in this replayed match
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rivers state is 100% PDP.

How many votes/Polling unites did Buhari and Dakuku get in April 11 and March 28 poll abeg?
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
engineerboat:
IYALODE isale eko, efunsetan aniwuram,
n je iwo mo oun ti o gbehin arabirin yen,
fi awon ara river sile ooooooooh
iwo ko mo wipe APC ko le bori ninu ibo ti o n bo yi ni.
Eyan mi, ma gba fun e.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
engineerboat:

moreso did PMB win in rivers, how many senator nd house rep membas did apc get in rivers.

They still don't get the message.
Re: Rivers Rerun: APC, Buhari Scheming To Make Rivers and Nigeria Ungovernable? by 1wolex85: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
engineerboat:

I think you need to read my post again to comprehend. I wasn't saying Dakuku or Wike will win, I was only cautioning on the use of absolute terms. Not everything goes the way we expect. Almost all assembly seats belonged to PDP when Peter Obi was Gov of Anambra, Apc doesn't have a majority of assembly seats in Imo, yet they produced the governor. Nothing is absolute, though it might be a long shot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Cant Stop Thanking Gov Rochas Okorocha For This In House Swimming Pool(photo) / Pictures Of Ize-iyamu Of PDP And His Family Member Crying For Loosing Election / Nigeria To Commercialise River Basin Growth Authorities – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.