Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election (3082 Views)

Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal Nullified The Election Of Senator Athan Achonu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 26, 2015
in Delta state tribunal upheld the victory of PDP, in cross rivers state, the tribunal Upheld the Victory of PDP. In Ebonyi state tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP. In Enugu state, tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP. In akwa Ibom the tribunal partially Upheld the victory of PDP and the PDP candidate celebrated the Judgement.

Why Tribunal May Nullify More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Elections

I have seen alot of complain from PDP and PDP sympathiser that more PDP elections are being annulled compared to APC.

The weakness in this argument is that PDP had more power and might to rig during April 11 elections. APC was the under dog at that time. PDP controlled most of the Army, Police, civil defence and INEC during the election. It is only natural and logical that most of the rigging will be by PDP knowing fully well that it is the same Nigerians in PDP that are in APC.

Since it is the same corrupt Nigerians that are in APC and PDP, it is only natural to understand that it is the survival of the fittest/strongest. During the April Election, PDP has the might, so more Power to rig. Any neutral mind or objective mind will understand that clearly PDP outshine APC in rigging in South South. Also, we should know that most losers in the North especially in the North West in the April 11 Govenorship election did not go to court. Most of them accepted the result.

In the north even though PDP had the Army, police and INEC, it was difficult for them to succeed because of the massive support the APC candidate got because most of the Northern APC candidates use Buhari popularity to thier advantage. Also couple with high political participation by northern masses in terms of voting consciousness, it was more difficult for the federal might to work effectively in the North.

Coming to south south and Rivers in particular. I live in PortHarcourt. Though i am pro APC, I know very well if April 11 governorship elections was free and fair, wike would have still won with atleast 60% of the vote. Not because the people love WIke, but because the people were pained by Jonathan loss and saw it as way of showing solidarity to Jonathan. Wike was generally seen by rivers people as a thug and cultist (personally i dont know if this tag is true or not, but that is the believe of more than 80% of rivers people). Initially the popular slogan in rivers state among rivers ordinary people was " Jonathan for President, Dakuku for Governor". But when Jonathan lost, they didnt care anymore. even if Wike is the devil himself, they would have still gave him atleast 60% of the vote at that time. (April 2015).

Wike greatest Mistake

Wike greatest mistake was trying to prove that the result in terms of voters turn out Jonathan got from rivers state is genuine. Which i considered completely unneccessary since Jonathan has already conceded defeat before the April 11 elections. Naturally, most south south people dont turn out for elections. Also in rivers, many people were afraid of violence and most people stayed at home. Wike trying to prove Jonathan March 28 results was genuine, ensured the total voters turn out was similar to March 28 elections. The only way he can do this is to inflate the turn out and claim manual registration. The greatest mistake in this idea is that, the card reader records both failed and sucessfull attempt. According to INEC guidelines, the card reader must be tried first before doing manual accreditation. Had wike allowed the result of only people that voted to be announced, he would have won, and the tribunal would have find it difficult to annul it.

In rivers state the card reader recorded less than 320,000 attempts (both failed and successful accreditation). Why the total voters in the result declared by INEC is about 1.5million. That means only 20% of the voters made attempt to use Card reader. In all sincerity we all know this is too obvious to be ignored. The rigging was done without tact. It was reckless.

For example in Delta state tribunal upheld the victory of PDP, in cross rivers state, the tribunal Upheld the Victory of PDP. In Ebonyi state tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP. In Enugu state, tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP.

But in Abia state, there is alot of confusion because the APGA candidate was also very popular with the people. Most people in Abia believe the APGA candidate won the true vote. They may be wrong or right. But what is clear is that it was a close contest in Abia because it was APGA vs PDP. which are currently both Igbo parties.

If we are sincere with ourselves, we will agree that the Tribunal have been fair when we look at substantial compliance to the guidelines.

APPEAL COURT

There is 50-50 chance that Wike might win in the appeal court .
The Court of Appeal, in a judgment delivered by Justice Obande Festus Ogbuinya, in Agbaje vs Ambode (APC), declared categorically that the Card Reader has no Life of its own, and as a result, cannot be used to determine the result of an election, since it is not contained in the Electoral Act, 2010, as Amended.

However, rivers election tribunal (high court equivalent) has already ignored the court of appeal Judgement in lagos while making its Judgement. The appeal court in Wike case is not bound by the court of appeal decision on Ambode vs Agbaje since they are court of equal juridiction thus can make independent Judgement on similar issue but not related. Also the Supreme court Judgement in Ambode vs Agbaje case was not base on card reader. The supreme court upheld the argument by Ambode’s lawyer, Olabode Olanipenikun, that the appeal had been rendered incompetent and academic by the virtue of the fact that the PDP refused to join Agbaje to appeal against the decision of the Court of Appeal, which had earlier upheld the judgment of the Lagos State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal to uphold Ambode’s election.
This gives the appeal court in wike case leverage to deliver its own Judgement its own way since there is no superior court judgement on the issue

However upon all the noise from PDP, only one PDP governorship election has been fully nullified as at end of today 26th October, 2015.

Sources: Myself-Atbu1983 ( I am an Engineer Not a Lawyer though however, i have common sense)

Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
front page

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by merry02(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Thrash...... Shara reporters and The nation ll always be bias in analysis... The judgement was on card reader and noting else.... Did Akwa ibom gov bribed the judge as well? By the time you ppl scatter Nigeria, we shall see

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 26, 2015
merry02:
Thrash...... Shara reporters and The nation ll always be bias in analysis... The judgement was on card reader and noting else.... Did Akwa ibom gov bribed the judge as well? By the time you ppl scatter Nigeria, we shall see

you did not even read the post before commenting. This is not from nations or sahara reporters. it is my personal sincere analysis. i live in PH.

8 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by osebaba8(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

you did not even read the post before commenting. This is not from nations or sahara reporters. it is my personal sincere analysis. i live in PH.

I guess so

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by timidot(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Great write up..i must confess buh I can assure you some states where tribunal should hv nullify there elections e.g yobe state with allegation so strong on 15m bribe.. Pdp conducted a free and fair election dis year..all eyes on apc to do d same or better if not.. We re watching
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by kossyablaze(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2015
This country politics ehen!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by LastSurvivor: 8:38am On Oct 26, 2015
Keep deceiving ur self man..
Only the truth will set u free..
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
timidot:
Great write up..i must confess buh I can assure you some states where tribunal should hv nullify there elections e.g yobe state with allegation so strong on 15m bribe.. Pdp conducted a free and fair election dis year..all eyes on apc to do d same or better if not.. We re watching

No tribunal has annulled election base on bribe to INEC Resident Electoral Commisioner. There was the same allegation in Akwa Ibom states and Rivers state. The Judgements of the tribunals made no reference to those allegations in all the states in Nigeria where Judgements have been delivered. Also note that most states in the North governorship elections is not in the tribunal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2015
OP, u're thinking too much.

The dunces in the other knws nothing aside whatever trash they are fed with. They dnt think or ruminate on anything.

What you said is a perfct reason why PDP will get the hammer, but this baboons from Biafra will attack u and leave the intelligence part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2015
LastSurvivor:
Keep deceiving ur self man..
Only the truth will set u free..

What is not factual in the write up?comment logically not with emotions.
we are not fighting each other. If you have a contrary opinion you can state it and i will learn from you.

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
OP, u're thinking too much.

The dunces in the other knws nothing aside whatever trash they are fed with. They dnt think or ruminate on anything.

What you said is a perfct reason why PDP will get the hammer, but this baboons from Biafra will attack u and leave the intelligence part.

yeah true. Thanks.
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by dulaman: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2015
Who remember FEBRUARY 2014 grin

Wike boasting once upon a time in February when they enjoyed Mbunity: grin grin grin

“Once the Independent National Electoral Commission announces the victory of President Jonathan, we will immediately shut down the Port Harcourt International Airport and all land and sea borders in Rivers State to prevent Governor Amaechi from escaping. Does he (Amaechi) think we don’t know that he is planning to run away? But he and his cohorts will not succeed. All they can do thereafter is to lock themselves inside the Government House and at the appropriate time, we will go there and pick them up one after the other."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fgll-arrest-amaechi-after-jonathans-victory-wike/

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by drss(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2015
sad

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2015
drss:
sad

This is my analysis not saharareporters. Please can you post the sahara reporters equivalent here.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:
I have seen alot of complain from PDP and PDP sympathiser that more PDP elections are being annulled compared to APC.

The weakness in this argument is that PDP had more power and might to rig during April 11 elections. APC was the under dog at that time. PDP controlled most of the Army, Police, civil defence and INEC during the election. It is only natural and logical that most of the rigging will be by PDP knowing fully well that it is the same Nigerian in PDP that are in APC.

Again, God bless you. Menh, I owe you origin this Xmas if we jam for Pitakwa. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2015
musKeeto:

Again, God bless you. Menh, I owe you origin this Xmas if we jam for Pitakwa. grin grin

That will be great. We can meet in Lesuka bar smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Eziachi: 10:13am On Oct 26, 2015
This is the sort of opinion I love, respect and very much appreciated. This write up is unbiased, balance, intelligent, factual and well written. And very informative. Well done poster.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Eziachi: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

What is not factual in the write up?comment logically not with emotions.
we are not fighting each other. If you have a contrary opinion you can state it and i will learn from you.
Don't bother with Zombie Nigeria follow follow people who often reply an article they did not read

4 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Eziachi:
This is the sort of opinion I love, respect and very much appreciated. This write up is unbiased, balance, intelligent, factual and well written. And very informative. Well done poster.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by AbuMikey(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2015
merry02:

Why are You shouting? gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2015
AbuMikey:

smiley
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2015
Eziachi:

Don't bother with Zombie Nigeria follow follow people who often reply an article they did not read

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by BALLOSKI: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2015
dulaman:
Who remember FEBRUARY 2014 grin

Wike boasting once upon a time in February when they enjoyed Mbunity: grin grin grin

“Once the Independent National Electoral Commission announces the victory of President Jonathan, we will immediately shut down the Port Harcourt International Airport and all land and sea borders in Rivers State to prevent Governor Amaechi from escaping. Does he (Amaechi) think we don’t know that he is planning to run away? But he and his cohorts will not succeed. All they can do thereafter is to lock themselves inside the Government House and at the appropriate time, we will go there and pick them up one after the other."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fgll-arrest-amaechi-after-jonathans-victory-wike/
now we know who's going to run very soon. Amaechi is even organizing a thanksgiving event in rivers right now- he did not run.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
BALLOSKI:
now we know who's going to run very soon. Amaechi is even organizing a thanksgiving event in rivers right now- he did not run.

H.mm
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by johnjunior39(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
God bless you bro,for long i have been asking myself when shall we say the truth,the rigging and violence in rivers was out of the world,thank God some nairalanders were even doing reporting,i am not a fan of another election but that rivers own deserve it. if wike is as popular as he claimed, he should have done the needful.nice one broda, let the truth be told, i am neither apc or pdp

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by duwdu: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

The weakness in this argument is that PDP had more power and might to rig during April 11 elections. APC was the under dog at that time. PDP controlled most of the Army, Police, civil defence and INEC during the election. It is only natural and logical that most of the rigging will be by PDP knowing fully well that it is the same Nigerians in PDP that are in APC.

Since it is the same corrupt Nigerians that are in APC and PDP, it is only natural to understand that it is the survival of the fittest/strongest. During the April Election, PDP has the might, so more Power to rig. Any neutral mind or objective mind will understand that clearly PDP outshine APC in rigging in South South. Also, we should know that most losers in the North especially in the North West in the April 11 Govenorship election did not go to court. Most of them accepted the result.

In the north even though PDP had the Army, police and INEC, it was difficult for them to succeed because of the massive support the APC candidate got because most of the Northern APC candidates use Buhari popularity to thier advantage. Also couple with high political participation by northern masses in terms of voting consciousness, it was more difficult for the federal might to work effectively in the North.

Coming to south south and Rivers in particular. I live in PortHarcourt. Though i am pro APC, I know very well if April 11 governorship elections was free and fair, wike would have still won with atleast 60% of the vote. Not because the people love WIke, but because the people were pained by Jonathan loss and saw it as way of showing solidarity to Jonathan. Wike was generally seen by rivers people as a thug and cultist (personally i dont know if this tag is true or not, but that is the believe of more than 80% of rivers people). Initially the popular slogan in rivers state among rivers ordinary people was " Jonathan for President, Dakuku for Governor". But when Jonathan lost, they didnt care anymore. even if Wike is the devil himself, they would have still gave him atleast 60% of the vote at that time. (April 2015).

Wike greatest Mistake

Wike greatest mistake was trying to prove that the result in terms of voters turn out Jonathan got from rivers state is genuine. Which i considered completely unneccessary since Jonathan has already conceded defeat before the April 11 elections. Naturally, most south south people dont turn out for elections. Also in rivers, many people were afraid of violence and most people stayed at home. Wike trying to prove Jonathan March 28 results was genuine, ensured the total voters turn out was similar to March 28 elections. The only way he can do this is to inflate the turn out and claim manual registration. The greatest mistake in this idea is that, the card reader records both failed and sucessfull attempt. According to INEC guidelines, the card reader must be tried first before doing manual accreditation. Had wike allowed the result of only people that voted to be announced, he would have won, and the tribunal would have find it difficult to annul it.

In rivers state the card reader recorded less than 320,000 attempts (both failed and successful accreditation). Why the total voters in the result declared by INEC is about 1.5million. That means only 20% of the voters made attempt to use Card reader. In all sincerity we all know this is too obvious to be ignored. The rigging was done without tact. It was reckless.

For example in cross rivers state, the tribunal Upheld the Victory of PDP. In Ebonyi state tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP. In Enugu state, tribunal Upheld the victory of PDP.

But in Abia state, there is alot of confusion because the APGA candidate was also very popular with the people. Most people in Abia believe the APGA candidate won the true vote. They may be wrong or right. But what is clear is that it was a close contest in Abia because it was APGA vs PDP. which are currently both Igbo parties.

If we are sincere with ourselves, we will agree that the Tribunal have been fair when we look at substantial compliance to the guidelines.

APPEAL COURT

There is 50-50 chance that Wike might win in the appeal court .
The Court of Appeal, in a judgment delivered by Justice Obande Festus Ogbuinya, in Agbaje vs Ambode (APC), declared categorically that the Card Reader has no Life of its own, and as a result, cannot be used to determine the result of an election, since it is not contained in the Electoral Act, 2010, as Amended.

However, rivers election tribunal (high court equivalent) has already ignored the court of appeal Judgement in lagos while making its Judgement. The appeal court in Wike case is not bound by the court of appeal decision on Ambode vs Agbaje since they are court of equal juridiction thus can make independent Judgement on similar issue but not related. Also the Supreme court Judgement in Ambode vs Agbaje case was not base on card reader. The supreme court upheld the argument by Ambode’s lawyer, Olabode Olanipenikun, that the appeal had been rendered incompetent and academic by the virtue of the fact that the PDP refused to join Agbaje to appeal against the decision of the Court of Appeal, which had earlier upheld the judgment of the Lagos State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal to uphold Ambode’s election.
This gives the appeal court in wike case leverage to deliver its own Judgement its own way since there is no superior court judgement on the issue

Sources: Myself-Atbu1983 ( I am an Engineer Not a Lawyer though however, i have common sense)

Cc: lalasticlala

This write up is a product of you engaging yourself in very good thinking, OP, and is much appreciated. I couldn't have put/articulated the subject any better myself, so, thanks.

[I have quoted the write up verbatim, because I'd want to be able to make a reference to it from within my own archive of posts here on Nairaland.]

Well done!

P34c3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
duwdu:

This write up is a product of you engaging yourself in very good thinking, OP, and is much appreciated. I couldn't have put/articulated the subject any better myself, so, thanks.

[I have quoted the write up verbatim, because I'd want to be able to make a reference to it from within my own archive of posts here on Nairaland.]

Well done!

P34c3

Thank you. You guys shoud tell the moderators to push it to front page.
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
johnjunior39:
God bless you bro,for long i have been asking myself when shall we say the truth,the rigging and violence in rivers was out of the world,thank God some nairalanders were even doing reporting,i am not a fan of another election but that rivers own deserve it. if wike is as popular as he claimed, he should have done the needful.nice one broda, let the truth be told, i am neither apc or pdp

True talk.
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by spako4(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
PDP ruled n rigged with impunity
Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
spako4:
PDP ruled n rigged with impunity

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
AbuMikey:

I tire

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shites Not Innocent As We All Think, A Chat With A Soldier (PICS) / Why I Decided To Restore Biafra - Kanu / Bianca Ojukwu Bags A Masters Degree In International Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.