Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35843 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by GamaG(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:
DO NOT BEATVMY CHILD I MEAN DO NOT I can beat myself but not you
then keep dat child of urs in ur house n teach him/her ursef. Nonsense.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by basille(m): 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
This thread is eye opening. No wonder most Nigerians behave like animals.
Any one that hits my child will spend time in jail.
I don't care what any stupid religious book says, hitting your fellow human especially an underage is wrong!

Children should be corrected with love not stupidity.

And most of these parents don't practice what they preach, children emulate what they see.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mimiwhite4real(f): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
No cos some teachers are heartless if u c d way they beat dis kids is not encouraging at all

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Cool83(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
jaykaylegend:
I don't think I can raise up my hand to beat my own child (except some little slaps and knocks when necessary) not to talk of another person beating him/her....
Seems inhumane to me.. There are other ways to correct a child then beating...

FTC for the first time since I joined nairaland. Congrats to me, more FTCs to come....

Meanwhile,
BREAKING NEWS !!!
Dstv has moved all Chelsea matches to cartoon Network to pave way for SERIOUS matches on super sport
channels.
you wouldn't say this if you know how our students behave nowadays
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
GamaG:
then keep dat child of urs in ur house n teach him/her ursef. Nonsense.

Why you mad?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by sinator(m): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Touch not my children and do my offspring no harm

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by dacovajnr: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Go and re-read your first post to me again.
I don't think that's necessary coz I knw wah I wrote is quiet plain..you should go back and read over again to the best of your knowledge..perhaps making it a memory verse would do...

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..

Children don't learn by beating. If parents keep on beating their children, they become more stubborn and hardened.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by deeone10: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
BEAT YOUR CHILD REN SO THAT THE WILL NOT BE LIKE WHITE CHILD REN THAT TEL THEIR PARENTS 'SHUT UP'
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by banio: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Yes. Pls flog sense into them
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Don't mind these clowns. Ask those of them that already have kids how many hours they spend with their kids in a day to watch and correct them!! I have the loveliest kids on earth yet, they chop cane wella when the need arises. Even the western world we try to copy are really having a rethink. For so many years now, there have been heated debates in the UK's house of common on the subject. angry angry angry

Pidggin:
Yes, why not? I was beaten too and it helped me. Parents cannot train children alone. Okay, imagine one family having like six kids, they will be deceiving themselves if they think they can do all the training on their own. The society through teachers and other responsible adults can help in disciplining children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babysophie(f): 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

So according to you, children who didn't have the opportunity to enjoy proper parental care, deserve to be flogged?
So children whose PARENTS FAILED need to be punished on top of that?
U r d only paranoid person hre n y shld a PARENT dt FAILED complain wen a teacher s correcting a child of PARENT dt FAILED ? My students love m so much,those abroad r d reason am on fb cos dey always communicate wif m,n dose around r always wanting to do somfin for m evn after school. I am like a queen to my students,school n community. I am proud to b a teacher,esp in my hometown.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
babysophie:
U r d only paranoid person hre n y shld a PARENT dt FAILED complain wen a teacher s correcting a child of PARENT dt FAILED ? My students love m so much,those abroad r d reason am on fb cos dey always communicate wif m,n dose around r always wanting to do somfin for m evn after school. I am like a queen to my students,school n community. I am proud to b a teacher,esp in my hometown.

Of course you are but you shouldn't be until you learn to write properly.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
.AM A SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER. I ONCE THAUGHT IN A SCHOOL WHERE EVEN THE DIRECTOR BOUGHT CANE FOR TEACHERs TO USE ON STUDENTS AND PUPILS. THE DISCIPLINE I THE SCHOOL WAS AT 99.9%. WHEN I CHANGED TO ANOTHER SCHOOL, FLOGGING WAS NOT ALLOWED AND THE DISCIPLINE is AT 3%. CAN YOU BEAT THAT.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by sparta(f): 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
Am an educator and I spank real good . I have no apologies for that. The result? tremendous improvement. Majority of the children i taught last session are well respected by their new teachers and parents love the results. couldn't have done it without some good ol' spanking.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by sparta(f): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
Joshuaoseoboh:
.AM A SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER. I ONCE THAUGHT IN A SCHOOL WHERE EVEN THE DIRECTOR BOUGHT CANE FOR TEACHERs TO USE ON STUDENTS AND PUPILS. THE DISCIPLINE I THE SCHOOL WAS AT 99.9%. WHEN I CHANGED TO ANOTHER SCHOOL, FLOGGING WAS NOT ALLOWED AND THE DISCIPLINE is AT 3%. CAN YOU BEAT THAT.
I feel you. no beat wetin? even my pikin go chop cane wella.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by blackprowler: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
lagmostkuit:
When a kid is dull to a fault like the ones I have in my class, u've got no choice than to beat the child!

Absolute disaster of a Nigerian mistake that has produced uncountable millions academically inferior students. I'm not against very serious caning to draw the line in the sand for disciplinary purpose but I can assure you that caning a child for learning deficiency is the death of that child's ability to learn. I know it VERY WELL because it is done very regularly. The most brilliant teachers should be brought to the earliest period of a child's learning as that is where it is decided if the child would believe they can learn or think they can't. Most so-called dullards actually become conditioned to believe they can't learn. If one can learn to speak a language, go blame teachers like you who damaged the child's belief in their ability to learn right at the beginning

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mummymi: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
SirJeffry:
Beating a child only hardens him in good and bad ways but talking sense into him helps a lot. I'm talking from experience.
. u re right
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Olayinka8793(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]My father was flogged at school
I was flogged at school
My children will be flogged at school[/size]
lol,generational flogging.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
freethinker01:
Hell to the noooo.
I can't just allow ma kids to be caned, it doesn't just make any sense tho ma parents used it on me countless times, i would say it doesn't have any effect on me.
Rods are meant for animals n criminals nah.

not true.
Have you read the book: Dare to Disciple? Written by a white man.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by temmytayur(f): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Professionally it is wrong to raise cane unto a child, but it can be used when the need arises. Only few of this 20th century children understands body language, infact they take their teachers for granted mostly because the use of cane is not involved. The issue was raised at my work place today, we parents shouldn't just say no one can cane my child, if my child doesn't misbehave i don't think any teacher would cane him so we shouldn't always run to the school to embarrass ourselves. Always make your findings and be sure of the reason(s) for which your child was punished or caned.

We cannot totally eradicate the use of cane.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by GamaG(m): 11:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:

Why you mad? cheesy cheesy
ur very stewpid
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 1:07am On Oct 28, 2015
GamaG:
ur very stewpid

Hahahahaha
Lwtmb
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by gneisss: 2:38am On Oct 28, 2015
all this poo talk...lie that child down on the table face down and administer some good flogging...and his brains resets automatically

koboko resetting african kids to default mode since 16BC
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by morichy(m): 9:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Teachers as loco parentis....
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
Cool83:

you wouldn't say this if you know how our students behave nowadays

How do they behave?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
DrHazard:
Don't mind these clowns. Ask those of them that already have kids how many hours they spend with their kids in a day to watch and correct them!! I have the loveliest kids on earth yet, they chop cane wella when the need arises. Even the western world we try to copy are really having a rethink. For so many years now, there have been heated debates in the UK's house of common on the subject. angry angry angry

Are you saying that the topic whether teachers should flog students is seriously discussed in the UK?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2015
deeone10:
BEAT YOUR CHILD REN SO THAT THE WILL NOT BE LIKE WHITE CHILD REN THAT TEL THEIR PARENTS 'SHUT UP'

So all white children tell their parents to shut up?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
blackprowler:

Absolute disaster of a Nigerian mistake that has produced uncountable millions academically inferior students. I'm not against very serious caning to draw the line in the sand for disciplinary purpose but I can assure you that caning a child for learning deficiency is the death of that child's ability to learn. I know it VERY WELL because it is done very regularly. The most brilliant teachers should be brought to the earliest period of a child's learning as that is where it is decided if the child would believe they can learn or think they can't. Most so-called dullards actually become conditioned to believe they can't learn. If one can learn to speak a language, go blame teachers like you who damaged the child's belief in their ability to learn right at the beginning

EXACTLY! 100 000 likes!
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
temmytayur:
Professionally it is wrong to raise cane unto a child, but it can be used when the need arises. Only few of this 20th century children understands body language, infact they take their teachers for granted mostly because the use of cane is not involved. The issue was raised at my work place today, we parents shouldn't just say no one can cane my child, if my child doesn't misbehave i don't think any teacher would cane him so we shouldn't always run to the school to embarrass ourselves. Always make your findings and be sure of the reason(s) for which your child was punished or caned.

We cannot totally eradicate the use of cane.

It has been SUCCESSFULLY eradicated in developed countries and their schools are way better and produce better results.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Joshuaoseoboh:

Tales by the moonlight.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by temmytayur(f): 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

It has been SUCCESSFULLY eradicated in developed countries and their schools are way better and produce better results.

Like you said " developed country" and the last time i checked Nigeria isn't one. My people there is a different between a Mushin or Agege raised child and that of Ikoyi or Lekki. Some children just need body language to sit right, some just the sight of cane and some others canning. We all have our various opinion but i will never fight my son's teacher for canning him if it is done the right way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend / Father Pretends To Give Toddler Daughter Haircut To Maintain Peace (video) / Herbert Wigwe Son Biography: Age, Family, Wife, State Of Origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.