Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35842 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babysophie(f): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

No I get high quality education for my kids FOR FREE and the teachers still don't beat them because they have been trained better, MUCH BETTER. See the difference between developed and developing nations? God, this thread is so depressing.
Go joor,nigeria oyibo,if parents v trained deir children well definitely dere wl b no nid for d cane.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 9:15am On Oct 27, 2015
I
Valeree:

Thank you... people also needs to go watch some historian movies like " Jango unchained, 12 years a slave. etc,
these white masters actually used the Bible to justify the ruthless beatings on their slaves while they treat their kids as prince and princesses. this is because they have seen how gullible the blackman can be with imaginary and supernatural things. ( did u observe how a particular verse from the bible was being quoted on account of this topic)
also training a child doesn't stop at their childhood, what about when he becomes an adult, will he still be a good person to all around him? or he is something else behind closed doors... talking about the Nigerian attitude as a whole.

Thank you very much. My dear the bible can be used to justify anything and the evil ones are quick to use it to justify whatever evil they want to perpetuate. The same way some very nice people I know use the Bible as a guide.

I just love the last bit of your post. Take this forum for example, because of the anonymity it offers, some people behave as animals because nobody knows who they are. They would probably not do the same thing in real life. Beating brings fear and being afraid is not the same thing as being disciplined or respectful. Beating makes you do what the person wants you to do out of fear and while they are there.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by henryhemon(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Discipline is the watchword....yes I will buy a special cane for his/her teacher to deal with them. It beats me the way people reason,african culture has always been that way and you form western ways for me if I marry you and say teachers shouldn't beat my kids.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by tete7000(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]My father was flogged at school
I was flogged at school
My children will be flogged at school[/size]

Yes o, I concur with you. A child should not be spared spanking when necessary. The scripture says 'In the heart of a child is bound up folly, it is the rod of correction that drives it away'. The only thing that shouldnt be encourage is abuse of it, a mixture of admonition and flogging helps a child grow with sense.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2015
kunzaar83:
as I said earlier, I don't blame u, most women are like you when it comes 2 dia kids, yes its love but in the wrong way, my Dad and Mum were all teachers, and if I remember when I was a kid I never fear my mum for any reason but my Dad eve his voice will make me park well, my Dad contributed koboko 2 my teacher to beat the hell out of me if I missbehave, I was thinking my Dad never loved me, but 2day I know if not for my Dad's way of discipline I wouldn't have been who I m 2day educatinally and morrally, and beside we're seeing what is happening 2 parents like u that thinks discipline for Ūя̲̅ child is for only you alone, for u as a lady its normal coz most of u think this way, but if Ūя̲̅ Hubby is also having such mentality like Ūя̲̅s, then I m sorry for Ūя̲̅ future... It only takes the grace of God for u 2 be proud of them 2maro

cheesy cheesy
I don't need to reply you further
I know you have faults
Pls ask your neighbour to join hands and beat the hell outta your child
Infact donate rod
cheesy

My son not scared of no one except me, his mum
He's just 3
Yes stubborn but listens and fears anything he does will get to me
So at the hear of I will tell your mum
He comports
Why would any sane person beat another persons child till wounds and marks appears?
That's cos you the parent, you def doing a bad upbringing
Train your child the way you want him/her to behave outside
Done with you
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by vivianbekee(f): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2015
beating up a child in skul wil nt help he/she 2 learn rather she/he wil b affraid of d teacher,so it is nt adviseable 2 beat dem
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by tete7000(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:
I

Thank you very much. My dear the bible can be used to justify anything and the evil ones are quick to use it to justify whatever evil they want to perpetuate. The same way some very nice people I know use the Bible as a guide.

I just love the last bit of your post. Take this forum for example, because of the anonymity it offers, some people behave as animals because nobody knows who they are. They would probably not do the same thing in real life. Beating brings fear and being afraid is not the same thing as being disciplined or respectful. Beating makes you do what the person wants you to do out of fear and while they are there.

Fear of authority figure is necessary. A child should fear those in position of authority over him. Of what use are you as a parent or a teacher when your child has no iota of fear for you? That way I don't see how you can enforce discipline into anyone. Punishment ( to instil some element of fear) and reward (to show love) are two essential elements necessary for proper upbringing of a sensible child. I have watch often times with dismay parents who share your kind of view and who has lost virtually all authority they ought to command over their children. They talk repeatedly that a child shouldn't do something and the child decides that's what he would do and they looked painfully helpless and unable to do anything. Let your child knows that as much as you like him/her and won't want to harm him/her, you equally posses the capacity to inflict pain on him/her if he/she tries to drive you crazy. Sometimes in life, you need some measure of madness to cure madness. The child will learn to stay within their limit when they know they can be dealt with if they refuse to obey instruction. It is that sample. Any other sermon as far as I am concerned comes from deep recess of hell.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2015
henryhemon:
Discipline is the watchword....yes I will buy a special cane for his/her teacher to deal with them. It beats me the way people reason,african culture has always been that way and you form western ways for me if I marry you and say teachers shouldn't beat my kids.
And what is so special about the African culture that it cannot be changed? cultures are meant to evolve my dear, at least part of it.
it beats you why people form western? then I hope you still tie your money at the edge of your wrapper... that way it is much easier to withdraw your money anytime instead of using the ATM.
you could have also sent a local messenger to use a metal gong to send this message to seun to send to the mods before we can read this message instead of typing with your device. we are Africans aren't we?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Teslaraj121(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Ahbeg, Mr Teacher plz beat d hell out of my kid
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by slightlyMad(f): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..

at childhood, children pick vibes from their environment.
these vibes end up shaping them.

If you doubt this, Visit Ajegunle suburb of lagos and see how everyone in that area behaves.

bring a child from a decent US neighborhood, put him there and see how he marvels at everything around him
my conclusion is we are shaped by our environment and when the parent is there to use force such as beating to put a child in order.
once the child is able to reach adulthood obeying those laws

chances are very high such child will remain well behaved because he has lived all his life being well behaved, it isn't hard to do anymore.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Moz22:

By the time u get here, u will know what have u done..u can aswell bring urself down here. Bring me Oliviaarims!!!..*scream uncontrollably*
So,I'm here... Ur scream was deafening!
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by dacovajnr: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Is it the flogging you received that makes you so aggressive and crude?
Come off it Oga, you don't even know me...and my writeup doesn't depict cruel thought or aggressive tendencies..so baami you need to be watered for you to grow up...
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by kunzaar83(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy
I don't need to reply you further
I know you have faults
Pls ask your neighbour to join hands and beat the hell outta your child
Infact donate rod
cheesy

My son not scared of no one except me, his mum
He's just 3
Yes stubborn but listens and fears anything he does will get to me
So at the hear of I will tell your mum
He comports
Why would any sane person beat another persons child till wounds and marks appears?
That's cos you the parent, you def doing a bad upbringing
Train your child the way you want him/her to behave outside
Done with you
I m sorry for u, Ūя̲̅ types die out of high BP, some even killed by dia kids when d child remebers he was miss-led, I don see plenty of Ūя̲̅ type laugh @ them, and also the way u talk shows that the child has no father, they all refuse 2 agree that they re the father, and also Ūя̲̅ not even sure who is the father amongs them all........ The the major reason reson why when a child is good is the son of his father, and when he bcomes a problem 2 d society he becomes the child of his mother... Is bcoz generally women spoil children and men make them great in life, if I knew that Ūя̲̅ child since I m not allowed to discipline him I'll teach him how to smoke weed 1ns he taste how sweet getting high is I will see how only u will discipline him 2 be usefull 2 himself in life talkless of u grin
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Chibabe1(f): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]My father was flogged at school
I was flogged at school
My children will be flogged at school[/size]

Exactly!
But some teachers over do it o. I believe in flogging a child to correct/ discipline the child. Not beating the child like an animal.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Moz22: 9:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

So,I'm here... Ur scream was deafening!
em sorry bou that..didn't intend doing that. I really do like ur brain. U got a perfect response to every mention coupled with a comprehensive vocalbularies.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by jackobi(m): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Beating was common for my generation throughout our schooling era and we didn't die but learnt a lot from it. So discipline is a necessary factor for a child's development and shouldn't be abused.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2015
its a pity we have to discuss this even when we know the stand of God on this. The bible prescribes canning yet people are indulging themselves. If you dont correct the child today, with cane when necessary the child will challenge you with a gun in the nearest future.... I cannot teach a child that i cannot cane or flog.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mikkypel(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2015
Why not.. Beat him or her ooo.. I'm telling u. It was when I grew up I knew the importance of the beatings they gave me.. It changed our life

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mikkypel(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2015
kunzaar83:
I m sorry for u, Ūя̲̅ types die out of high BP, some even killed by dia kids when d child remebers he was miss-led, I don see plenty of Ūя̲̅ type laugh @ them, and also the way u talk shows that the child has no father, they all refuse 2 agree that they re the father, and also Ūя̲̅ not even sure who is the father amongs them all........ The the major reason reson why when a child is good is the son of his father, and when he bcomes a problem 2 d society he becomes the child of his mother... Is bcoz generally women spoil children and men make them great in life, if I knew that Ūя̲̅ child since I m not allowed to discipline him I'll teach him how to smoke weed 1ns he taste how sweet getting high is I will see how only u will discipline him 2 be usefull 2 himself in life talkless of u grin

Then u tell the child it would be nice if he adds the weed to their soup at home.. Maybe that man's brain will automatically reset
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by henryhemon(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

And what is so special about the African culture that it cannot be changed? cultures are meant to evolve my dear, at least part of it.
it beats you why people form western? then I hope you still tie your money at the edge of your wrapper... that way it is much easier to withdraw your money anytime instead of using the ATM.
you could have also sent a local messenger to use a metal gong to send this message to seun to send to the mods before we can read this message instead of typing with your device. we are Africans aren't we?

There are cultures that cannot be changed, I repeat I have never seen where just talking to a child who doesn't even understand a thing works. It only works after disciplining the child,you explain why he/she needed to be spanked.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by henryhemon(m): 9:55am On Oct 27, 2015
mikkypel:
Why not.. Beat him or her ooo.. I'm telling u. It was when I grew up I knew the importance of the beatings they gave me.. It changed our life

It sure did,use to hate my dad then cuz he beats me up but when I grew up,we were five n six,i couldn't thank him enough.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by tete7000(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

Thank you... people also needs to go watch some historian movies like " Jango unchained, 12 years a slave. etc,
these white masters actually used the bible to justify the ruthless beatings on their slaves while they treat their kids as prince and princesses. this is because they have seen how gullible the blackman can be with imaginary and supernatural things. ( did u observe how a particular verse from the bible was being quoted on account of this topic)
also training a child doesn't stop at their childhood, what about when he becomes an adult, will he still be a good person to all around him? or he is something else behind closed doors... talking about the Nigerian attitude as a whole.

Are you saying before the white man came that our ancestors didn't use beating as punishment? Do you know the same white men you try to castigate are the ones pushing forward the idea that beating a child is wrong? How many traditional African society has come out formally to condemn child's flogging? Are you aware that in Europe and America you can get arrested for beating your own child? You argument linking the bible and maltreatment of slaves is full of flaws. Colonialism and Evangelization are two different things. While it is true colonialism allowed christianity to thrive, what the christian missionaries preached antagonised what the colonialists did and the education given by the christian missionaries actually prepared ground for eventual emancipation of Africans from their imperial masters. You are mixing up a lot of things. For your information christian missionaries actually opposed slavery and worked to end it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Moz22:
em sorry bou that..didn't intend doing that. I really do like ur brain. U got a perfect response to every mention coupled with a comprehensive vocalbularies.
Lol..fanks.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by OversightTM(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Carrot-Stick approach as simple as that...the disciplining is actually needed in this part of the word
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by OversightTM(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

Thank God u said at least part of d African culture should evolve, not that aspect of disciplining,at least not now
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2015
kunzaar83:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2015
tete7000:

Are you saying before the white man came that our ancestors didn't use beating as punishment? Do you know the same white men you try to castigate are the ones pushing forward the idea that beating a child is wrong? How many traditional African society has come out formally to condemn child's flogging? Are you aware that in Europe and America you can get arrested for beating your own child? You argument linking the bible and maltreatment of slaves is full of flaws. Colonialism and Evangelization are two different things. While it is true colonialism allowed christianity to thrive, what the christian missionaries preached antagonised what the colonialists did and the education given by the christian missionaries actually prepared ground for eventual emancipation of Africans from their imperial masters. You are mixing up a lot of things. For your information christian missionaries actually opposed slavery and worked to end it.
You misunderstood me.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by tete7000(m): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2015
I have taught before and from my experience all I can say is many parents are confused. They send to school all manner of wayward children and expect you not to touch those children. Children involved in so many vices - stealing, cheating, bullying, etc. These children are often so hardened that no matter how you talk to them, they won't stop misbehaving. They make life difficult for teachers and then their senseless parents come and tell you not to touch their children. Who beats or discipline an obedient, brilliant and sensible child anyway? Before a teacher raises his cane, the child must have done something stupid. Anyone who doesn't want his child caned should send a sensible and not some senseless disobedient and errant kids. The irony of the whole issue is that some of these parents will always run back to the teacher and explaining how the same children has been given them hard times at home. Confused lots. Smh
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Talking about about coporal punishment in school, personally I'm in support of it,reasons being that, take it or leave it there's a Lil foolishness in children, which sometimes punishment can not solve, my only advice for people using cane is that they should not dare use the cane whenever they are angry, as anger is what may lead to injury concerning cane, rather take ur time. but that cane will never go in extinct for me it's too useful to throw away. As even the bible said spare the rod spoil the child.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 27, 2015
babysophie:
Go joor,nigeria oyibo,if parents v trained deir children well definitely dere wl b no nid for d cane.

So according to you, children who didn't have the opportunity to enjoy proper parental care, deserve to be flogged?
So children whose PARENTS FAILED need to be punished on top of that?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by sayoreal(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Nothing bad in it..do u know what they are doing in d skul when u were not there.Beat them where is necessary to beat them.Don't beat my child it make children spoil.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by OversightTM(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2015
jtjohn:
I don't encourage that......i believe advice is better than flogging....because this was the strategy I used when I was serving it really worked for me compared to other teachers who flogged them.....because of the constant advice the student were so attentive,quite in the class and never want to missed school for any reason.....
Oh so u think...and u wouldn't know if it's actually the discipline meted out by the teachers to these students made them calm...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Father Pretends To Give Toddler Daughter Haircut To Maintain Peace (video) / Herbert Wigwe Son Biography: Age, Family, Wife, State Of Origin. / She Retaliated After Her Husband Cheated, She Is Now Suicidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.