Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35927 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2015
dacovajnr:
Talking sense into Nigerian child? Baami don't let us decieve ourselves..Talking Sense without discipline makes the child feel special thereby misbehaving but Talking sense after flogging helps Nigerian kids alot..infact it adjust them back to their default settings for the main tym till they need servicing again..which happens many once in a month it continues till it get to a certain age n stage when flogging won't be necessary but advice..it would be up to the child to listen or not..there is a saying in yoruba adage that @ a certain stage it becomes..Omo yi ma pa mi,Omo yi ma pa mi(This child don't kill me) and it would get to a stage when it becomes...Omo yi ma pa ara e(This child don't kill yourself

Why is it not possible to talk sense into a NIGERIAN child?

And why do you have to adjust them to their "default setting"? Who messed them up in the first place?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

After all the beating, you still ended up like this. Unable to have a simple discussion without insulting someone's mum. So after all the beating your mum gave you, you did not learn to have respect for another human being and their opinion. You have just proved me right.

have fun training your kids madam
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by jtjohn(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2015
I don't encourage that......i believe advice is better than flogging....because this was the strategy I used when I was serving it really worked for me compared to other teachers who flogged them.....because of the constant advice the student were so attentive,quite in the class and never want to missed school for any reason.....
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

Thank you for noting that, I also wondered why he had to refer to the woman as " yeye mother" which was just uncalled for. Nigerians and curses.
meanwhile I feel that this beating is an extension of slavery and punishment by the white masters which was learnt by our fore fathers, and was used to train their kids too now its part of our living. just like they brought Christianity and now we are carrying it on our head, like we are the one's that invented the bible

Well said.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Ramos16(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2015
I see myself smoking weed, secondary school drop out and womanizing, without those helpful beatings from my parents those days, in as much as it goes a long way to help, there is still better way, and it is this way that our African parents do not take
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Good observation. This is the average Nigerian for you. And this behavior perfectly reflects what he was taught at home. If there is fear involved, he will do the right thing. If he knows, he will go unpunished, he will do the wrong thing. Morally crippled.

Exactly.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by xkris11(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Disneylady:
I marvelled at some comments on this topic! We are Africans and that's the way we were also brought up. Why will you have to spare the rod and spoil the child? Most of you were brought up this way and turned out good. So u people want to bring 'oyinbo mentality' in this too and destroy the lives and future of our young ones? This is catastrophe!!!

1 bottle of coke for you
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Ramos16(m): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

Thank you for noting that, I also wondered why he had to refer to the woman as " yeye mother" which was just uncalled for. Nigerians and curses.
meanwhile I feel that this beating is an extension of slavery and punishment by the white masters which was learnt by our fore fathers, and was used to train their kids too now its part of our living. just like they brought Christianity and now we are carrying it on our head, like we are the one's that invented the bible

Bro abi na sis, your thought process right now is an extension of slavery of our fore fathers, the fact that you think slavery is the cause we beat children, it means that it has messed up your head.

Are you trying to say they do not beat people before slavery, it is in the Bible that they say spare the rod and spoil the child not in 12 years a slave.

Baba get your facts and thought process straight before talking, I am not staying beating is the ultimate solution, I detest it, just like I detest your comment

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2015
kunzaar83:
its this kind of mentality that spoils child more than anything, @ a time in children's life they re just like animals, its only discipline that can restore them to order, if ppl knows that they have no right 2 correct Ūя̲̅ child outside bcoZ u think u can do it yourself, trust me no 1 will even tell u anything they do that is wrong they will even be waiting for the time for u to cry bitterly when the child bcome an armed robber, or u think children that end up as armed robbers their parents don't love them? Too much love and being in Ūя̲̅ childs side when ever there is a problem outside, infact ppl ppl will teach Ūя̲̅ child how to smoke marijuana 2 see how u correct them alone, I remember when I was small I dare I go home crying that some 1 beat me outside, worse to even say a fellow pear, I will receive another beating on top, so I advice you teach Ūя̲̅ child to defend himself rather than banning people from beating them, if u don't do that expect high BP from the chnild

Are you me?
Why do you think it's only by beating a child will learn
I beat my son
I beat him till he swallows his cries
No one has the right to beat my son that way cos he/she will rot in jail
Your mentality is so poor
Beating is no Way to correct a child wrong
undecided undecided
Typical
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by charlsecy(m): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2015
jaykaylegend:
I don't think I can raise up my hand to beat my own child (except some little slaps and knocks when necessary) not to talk of another person beating him/her....

Seems inhumane to me.. There are other ways to correct a child then beating...
Your post would have made sense only if you had put forward what other ways are.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2015
slimmy05:
then go and create a world for you and your child. Why send them to school, it's now character and learning, if you're not satisfied, then go to hell

Why you mad
If you have your kids
Ask people beat them to stupor
Your world
Your kids
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by justkaycee1(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2015
freethinker01:
Hell to the noooo.
I can't just allow ma kids to be caned, it doesn't just make any sense tho ma parents used it on me countless times, i would say it doesn't have any effect on me.
Rods are meant for animals n criminals nah.
No b human being born criminals too?

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2015
frank317:

Wow...so what is the function of the teacher in cases where ur child misbehaves?

We have seen children become extortionists and premature cultists in school environs... So teachers and principals shouldn't dicipline the child....

Oh.. No hope for Nigeria Nigeria

In your own word
Discipline gotta be beating?
You are pathetic
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by wacoj(m): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2015
This is one area where my wife and I disagree.
While i am seriously against my child being caned or
beaten, my wife believes its good for the child.

I know a child can be disciplined once in a while through any other possible
means like not getting him what he wants, toys etc but as per flogging i say NO !

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Okies27(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..
. I don't know how many of you taught in private schools. You need to see what these kids bring from their homes. No respect for teachers and they can't even do their homework. Mothers aren't helping at all and when you discipline a child,they come to school to fight the teacher. Teachers always love their students and it hurts them to see kids with bad upbringing and at times they are forced to use the cane. You discover later in life you like the teacher who disciplined you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by kunzaar83(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:

Are you me?
Why do you think it's only by beating a child will learn
I beat my son
I beat him till he swallows his cries
No one has the right to beat my son that way cos he/she will rot in jail
Your mentality is so poor
Beating is no Way to correct a child wrong
undecided undecided
Typical
ok I don hear u mrs high class mentality, I don't blame u many women are like u, they cause the major problems in the society, they turn their children in to drug addicts and armed robbers, prostitutes bugglers, any way I believe 1 day u shal remember I 1nce told u so, but by then it will be too late
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by dacovajnr: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Why is it not possible to talk sense into a NIGERIAN child?

And why do you have to adjust them to their "default setting"? Who messed them up in the first place?
Well I had to go back to my writeup to figure out where I wrote IT IS NOT POSSIBLE and fortunately I never said such which means you didn't read to understand but rather misjudged the situation...point out that Nigerian child that grows up in Nigerian and never been Flogged before by either parents or teacher and I will boldly tell you that you are being psychically disturb...2ndly which it's necessary to restored them settings is coz most of them are quick to forgets why they got disciplined the previous days or weeks..even if it's by same mean but another mean..3rdly in most cases the peer group in which they belongs messed them up even though parents plays their role partially in that aspect but they still discipline the child if the need arises..#Nxt
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2015
kunzaar83:
ok I don hear u mrs high class mentality, I don't blame u many women are like u, they cause the major problems in the society, they turn their children in to drug addicts and armed robbers, prostitutes bugglers, any way I believe 1 day u shal remember I 1nce told u so, but by then it will be too late

Then you must really have had a bad parenting
And I dunno where you got not beating a child leads to those
When you grown
You will realise beating don't do it
Smh
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Moz22:
pls can someone get me dis lady?? For God sake?
Why? Have I done sth wrong?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2015
dacovajnr:
Well I had to go back to my writeup to figure out where I wrote IT IS NOT POSSIBLE and fortunately I never said such which means you didn't read to understand but rather misjudged the situation...point out that Nigerian child that grows up in Nigerian and never been Flogged before by either parents or teacher and I will boldly tell you that you are being psychically disturb...2ndly which it's necessary to restored them settings is coz most of them are quick to forgets why they got disciplined the previous days or weeks..even if it's by same mean but another mean..3rdly in most cases the peer group in which they belongs messed them up even though parents plays their role partially in that aspect but they still discipline the child if the need arises..#Nxt

Is it the flogging you received that makes you so aggressive and crude?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Okies27:
. I don't know how many of you taught in private schools. You need to see what these kids bring from their homes. No respect for teachers and they can't even do their homework. Mothers aren't helping at all and when you discipline a child,they come to school to fight the teacher. Teachers always love their students and it hurts them to see kids with bad upbringing and at times they are forced to use the cane. You discover later in life you like the teacher who disciplined you.

Not true.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by smartkc45(m): 8:52am On Oct 27, 2015
There ar some children tht if u don't beat them, they will nt learn. But if u beat them whenever they do wrong, if they want to do tht again they will remember the beatings and this will tell them that wht they want 2 do is nt good. I thank my grand Ma who disciplined me during my childhood period. I still remember this adage tht says "spare the rod and spoil the child" So i encourage beating children cos its part of discipline. Bt beating has a limit oooooo!
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by kechywillz(m): 8:54am On Oct 27, 2015
African kids are not supposed to be pampered,we were disciplined when we were kids,thats why we didnt go wild like the westerners,u kind find all sorts of abominable life style within their country,gayism,beastiality,drug addiction and so on.If those spoilt children were flogged when they were kids,evil wouldnt be as it is today
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

Well said.
Thank you... people also needs to go watch some historian movies like " Jango unchained, 12 years a slave. etc,
these white masters actually used the bible to justify the ruthless beatings on their slaves while they treat their kids as prince and princesses. this is because they have seen how gullible the blackman can be with imaginary and supernatural things. ( did u observe how a particular verse from the bible was being quoted on account of this topic)
also training a child doesn't stop at their childhood, what about when he becomes an adult, will he still be a good person to all around him? or he is something else behind closed doors... talking about the Nigerian attitude as a whole.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by excellentwork: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2015
mehn such a long page

Get Your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, Visit Signature Below
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 27, 2015
smartkc45:
There ar some children tht if u don't beat them, they will nt learn. But if u beat them whenever they do wrong, if they want to do tht again they will remember the beatings and this will tell them that wht they want 2 do is nt good. I thank my grand Ma who disciplined me during my childhood period. I still remember this adage tht says "spare the rod and spoil the child" So i encourage beating children cos its part of discipline. Bt beating has a limit oooooo!

My grandma spanked me only ONCE. I don't even remember it. She said it was a light spanking because I made my clothes dirty on a Sunday right before she wanted to take me to church. And even though, she spanked me only one, she made me understand what is right and what is wrong without resorting to beating. She was so good to me and I loved her so much because she was so good to me that I ALWAYS wanted to do the right thing for her to like it and be proud of me. I had so much RESPECT and LOVE for her that when she gave me a look that showed her dissatisfaction, I would IMMEDIATELY adjust my behavior. She didn't even need to say anything.

My grandfather NEVER spanked me, NEVER. And I would go beyond my limits to please him.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2015
Ramos16:

Bro abi na sis, your thought process right now is an extension of slavery of our fore fathers, the fact that you think slavery is the cause we beat children, it means that it has messed up your head.

Are you trying to say they do not beat people before slavery, it is in the Bible that they say spare the rod and spoil the child not in 12 years a slave.

Baba get your facts and thought process straight before talking, I am not staying beating is the ultimate solution, I detest it, just like I detest your comment
And who brought the bible to us?
anyway my point was based on a comment by a poster here that we are Africans and therefore talking to a child instead of beating will not work, and I was trying to let him know that not all our attitudes are African, some where actually adopted and therefore needs to change.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

Thank you... people also needs to go watch some historian movies like " Jango unchained, 12 years a slave. etc,
these white masters actually used the bible to justify the ruthless beatings on their slaves while they treat their kids as prince and princesses. this is because they have seen how gullible the blackman can be with imaginary and supernatural things. ( did u observe how a particular verse from the bible was being quoted on account of this topic)
also training a child doesn't stop at their childhood, what about when he becomes an adult, will he still be a good person to all around him? or he is something else behind closed doors... talking about the Nigerian attitude as a whole.

EXACTLY! Beating does not teach children what is right or wrong but only to do the wrong behind closed doors as to avoid punishment. Good upbringing goes further. It teaches children to do the right thing even if they are unobserved.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Moz22: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Why? Have I done sth wrong?
By the time u get here, u will know what have u done..u can aswell bring urself down here. Bring me Oliviaarims!!!..*scream uncontrollably*
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Okies27(m): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Not true.
. Have you taught or been with kids from different background?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by kunzaar83(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:

Then you must really have had a bad parenting
And I dunno where you got not beating a child leads to those
When you grown
You will realise beating don't do it
Smh
as I said earlier, I don't blame u, most women are like you when it comes 2 dia kids, yes its love but in the wrong way, my Dad and Mum were all teachers, and if I remember when I was a kid I never fear my mum for any reason but my Dad eve his voice will make me park well, my Dad contributed koboko 2 my teacher to beat the hell out of me if I missbehave, I was thinking my Dad never loved me, but 2day I know if not for my Dad's way of discipline I wouldn't have been who I m 2day educatinally and morrally, and beside we're seeing what is happening 2 parents like u that thinks discipline for Ūя̲̅ child is for only you alone, for u as a lady its normal coz most of u think this way, but if Ūя̲̅ Hubby is also having such mentality like Ūя̲̅s, then I m sorry for Ūя̲̅ future... It only takes the grace of God for u 2 be proud of them 2maro
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by tosyne2much(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2015
softandsweet:
Spare the rod and spoil the child was no coincidence.... flogging is part of discipline, but moderation is the key. And it shouldn't always be regular and most of all, the child should know why he is been punished. At a certain age in children, (2-14 years) words of wisdom sounds like gibberish to children. So after 14 years, you can start talking and advising them.... but till then, when a child is stubborn, and doesn't behave, after advising or telling them what to do, flogging them will not fail to restore them to their factory settings .....
You are so on point cool

Can't stop laughing at the bolded cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity / Has A Wife In Nigeria But Sleeping With Client As A Psychologist In Canada / Annoying Attitudes Some Men Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.