Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! (85767 Views)

Lady Confess How She Put Poison On Nipple To Kill Her Cheating Husband / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by AfroKnight: 7:06am On Oct 28, 2015
texanomaly:

Nah

If my husband cheats on me, he will be the one to die an untimely death! angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dangerous

1 Like

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nairaplus(m): 7:30am On Oct 28, 2015
That's life for you. Good ones hardly last. May her good soul rest in peace. Amen!
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Adortem: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Its likely the woman died of high blood pressure and I am sure the man stopped(assumption) cos the woman died after the calm confrontation and out of guilt. This part of the world isn't fair on women. I can see feminists on this thread,well,there is little you can do,even religion isn't on women's side...

1 Like

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2015
sexynabila:
u think just as or name implies ...Animal
and you are just as your name implies...PROSTITUTE
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Cutex01(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Moral of the story: put up with a cheating man & you're going to die early/before him.

RIP to your aunt, btw.
And her putting up with her husband lead to her death? Nonsense!
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by doyinisaac(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2015
grin
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2015
Cutex01:

And her putting up with her husband lead to her death? Nonsense!

Who knows? You can't say it didn't either. Stress is the crux of many killer diseases eg. heart problems, stroke, HBP, etc. Nobody can say what she went through didn't have an impact on her health. We're not robots now. So you're the one speaking rubbish here for not knowing that a tremendous of stress can put you 6ft under. STDs too. The OP didn't say what actually took his aunt's life so it's open for debate.

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2015
Adortem:
Its likely the woman died of high blood pressure and I am sure the man stopped(assumption) cos the woman died after the calm confrontation and out of guilt. This part of the world isn't fair on women. I can see feminists on this thread,well,there is little you can do,even religion isn't on women's side...

The last time I checked both religions condemn fornicationundecided

6 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by bukatyne(f): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2015
lezz:
How do measure when a partner strays? Since one can have emotional affair or physical ones. Inside marriage, emotional affairs are often more dangerous than physical ones.

How can you drag marriage to a mere contract? It is a convenant of the highest order. The Catholic church deems it a Sacrament. It is a union of life, spirit, soul and body.

Too much 21st century _sex has cheapen the institution of marriage.

Pastor,

What do you advise the husband of a cheating wife?

6 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by sweatlana: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2015
dearestaramide:
MY uncle and I love to have conversations on life, relationships, politics etc. Any way, we got into discussion on the high rate of divorce in Nigeria and he went on to express what he felt were cause of it. He emphasized on patience and forgiveness and went on to tell me of an experience that cured him of his player life style

Years ago, my uncle was like the average Nigerian man, that is of course womanizer but like the average man, he was smart not to flaunt it, though as women, we always can tell. His wife had always known and was always told by her over sabi friends but since she never caught him red handed, she couldn't do anything about it.

The constant late night calls, meetings, sudden travels increased her belief of what she already knew. what could she do? yes, as any average wife, she was in pains but still showed him love and made sure she was there for him any time he needed a friend to talk to. She never complained or cried to her family or friends but kept in all inside her. He respected her for this even though as he said, he was too addicted to women to stop, though he tried.

My uncle was called off for a conference which was to last for one week and as usual with out delay, he jetted off. A cousin of my aunt whom she had not seen for over two years then came to visit and but was staying in a hotel which was by all means high standard and very expensive. My aunt decided to visit her on a Saturday so as to stay longer and catch up on old times. My aunt as you suspected caught sight of her husband really romancing a woman in the pool area and as you know, the man was supposed to be in Port Harcourt and had presumably jetted off three days before. She calmly finished what took her to the hotel and went back home.

My aunt never showed her husband any difference and still treated him normal as usual but one day whilst he was in a very good mood and they were watching an interesting movie in their room, she calmly told him what she had seen THREE MONTHS EARLIER and asked him not to do it again as he had hurt her deeply.

That night, shame, shock, fear all kinds of thoughts but best of all respect clouded my uncle's thought. He did eventually stop but not immediately oooo. He said it was gradual but he eventually stopped.

MY aunt fell ill and died years later and my uncle was sooo heart broken. He is still single by the way.

WHAT I LEARNT

all men are the same only thing that differentiates them is fear of God and self control.
Women need to be wiser and more matured than men.
Never act immediately this enables you time to think and strategise
shouting doesn't change men but pushes them away

I'm sorry but your aunt died of heartbreak. She had no one to talk to and bottled all that hurt within herself.

I don't agree with this advise
Would u say same if it were to be a woman who was cheating?
Cheating is a choice and it's wrong. It's high time we stop making it look like a necessity for men!

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by sweatlana: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Moral of the story: put up with a cheating man & you're going to die early/before him.

RIP to your aunt, btw.

You've said it all

1 Like

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Cestmoi1(f): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:

I think it is too much 'it is a man's birthright to cheat' in the 21st century that has cheapen the institution of marriage

if we can c collectively castigate men who cheat, women will not see marriage as a mere institution and they will know better than to chat on their husbands
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by bukatyne(f): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Kgdavid:

lol...oh ok well if divorce is an option then I get where you might be coming from

What makes divorce NOT an option?

Christianity and Islam supports divorce in the event of adultery, not so?

What advise would you give the husband of a cheating wife?

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by bukatyne(f): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Going through this thread makes me wonder what kind of training they received from their parents' marriage and the fate of the unfortunate young women who would marry them.

5 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Adaeze003(f): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2015
dp
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Adaeze003(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Just another stwpid thread...

Any woman that condones cheating is automatically a "good" woman...

And the rest of us must thread the same path...

Disgusting people... going shamelessly to a hotel pool in the same damn city your home is and kissing a ho!

Mtcheew.... I'm outta here.

6 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Lezzlie(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:

Bwahahaha

Fact created by the same people who believe in human sacrifice.

You are losing it brocheesy
Human sacrifice? ?? What has that got to do with anything on this topic?

Keep the rail or take the plunge, commentary isn't by compulsion.
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Lezzlie:
Human sacrifice? ?? What has that got to do with anything on this topic?

Keep the rail or take the plunge, commentary isn't by compulsion.

It is an analogyundecided
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Lezzlie(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:

It is an analogyundecided
A very unsuitable one I think. One that gravely throws the debate into a distasteful context.
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Lezzlie:
A very unsuitable one I think. One that gravely throws the debate into a distasteful context.

Eeyah

Pele smiley
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Lezzlie(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Pastor,

What do you advise the husband of a cheating wife?
I like the allusion of pastor grin grin cheesy

A woman who cheats on her husband is the equivalent of a violent, cold-blooded and remorseless murderer grin grin grin cool cool cool Now how do you feel, Bukky?

Am I joking? Nope.
Am I trolling, if truth is trolling, then I am.
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Kgdavid(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2015
bukatyne:

What makes divorce NOT an option?

Christianity and Islam supports divorce in the event of adultery, not so?

What advise would you give the husband of a cheating wife?

Well it all depends on whether or not divorce is an option. Divorce is not an option for me, because even though divorce is permitted in the bible, it is only reluctantly permitted and in fact, I am certain that to forgive is more honorable in the sight of God.

I would advise a man with a cheating wife to get to the root of the matter, with regards to why the wife is cheating, and see what steps can be taken from there, if she is repentant.

If she is not repentant, then I would advise the fellow to carry his burden like that, because marriage is for life.

Only in the most extreme of circumstances, where a woman is repeatedly unfaithful and unrepentant and does not love nor respect her husband, would I advise a man to divorce his wife.
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Itsmenyou: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2015
There is no honour in a man blatantly dishonouring his matrimonial vows made before God in church or wherever else, or before the law in court. You choose one woman for whatever reason, marry her, professing vows with weighty words, then you turn right around and break them, expecting the woman to behave "maturely", reminding you as if you are some retard (apologies to those suffering some affliction) of the vows you have made and the import of those words, only then you "reluctantly" give heed.

In a different situation, won't the breaking of your vows, especially before a court of law, lead to your incarceration?

There is a reason why this scripture in the bible is written; "A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable. He must know what he’s talking about, not be over fond of wine, not pushy but gentle, not thin-skinned, not money-hungry. He must handle his own affairs well, attentive to his own children and having their respect. For if someone is unable to handle his own affairs, how can he take care of God’s church?"

Little wonder we have men failing in leadership positions world wide, simply because they can't keep their word. If you don't intend to be true to your vows, then don't make them! If you foolishly have, own up to your mistakes. Be upfront with the woman you have yoked and tell her the truth. If she decides to stay to keep up appearances, good for her. But man up!

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by awesome11(m): 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
sexynabila:
tank u...
U're always welcome. Hope you are enjoying ur day
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:

Bwahahaa

On the first point, you are right but you failed to look a the issue itself. The issue is that men justify their cheating. For them it is okay, they know they are going to get a free pass. They know people like you would caution the woman to take it easy and if she left her house because of that, you will call her names. Why can't she tolerate things for the sake of the greater good that is marriage(she is too petty, isn't she). And the circle keeps rotating. You won't declare marriage a state of emergency when men cheat and fail to see the inherent wrong in what they do. They keep getting away with it and their wives keep hurting deep inside. But it doesn't matter, they can get hurt but they must not leave.

However if it were a woman, OMG, she must leave that marriage today. The man must walk out o. There wouldn't be any state of emergency because it is a guy and he is justified.

Isn't that a hypocrisy? I agree that there are times we have to look the other way in a marriage but when the world and you believe that it is your birthright to cheat and it is your wives' birthright to look the other way to avoid disrepute, then there is a big problem. If we can't join hands to castigate hypocrites, please don't be afraid of state of emergency nor should be afraid of women cheating in their married homes. Because once you think a woman should/must stay with a cheating partner, you no longer have an opinion because you are biased.

My own palava is that I want you to recognise that a woman can have affairs too. If she can't discipline herself not to, then the man has no excuse. Also, women should be given a choice either to stay or not to stay without fools who think they have an opinion calling her names.

I didn't insult him, he threw the first stone with his ‘mature and learn'.

When the so-called leader lack self-discipline, how is the follower/partner supposed to respect himundecided

Every woman that has an opinion is frustrated, depressed and unhappy abitongue. Yes, I am all the above if that makes you feel good as a man

When next you try to tackle issues, use your objective mind. If you can't please do not quote me.

Omg hun you sooooo rock.

To be honest if my hubby was really rich and cheating and we have kids, I would fight him but I wouldn't leave grin. I would double wrap it during sex, male condom on him, female on me. I would tell him straight up, I don't want to catch any diseases. I would stack my chips. Build my career /business save up lots 9f money. By the time the kids grow up , if he hasn't changed by then I would leave him and try to find love again or a toyboy.

Life is what you make of it

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:

I didn't know she was dead. Learn to look at the cause instead of misquoting somebodyundecided

He uses his aunt as a case study. If you are a student or better still a lawyer, you should know that you attacking/assassinating the evidence yo win the argument. In this case it was his aunt.cheesy

Don't quote me again please, if you are biased.

I like objective mindscheesy

He did say she died. I guess you were too outraged by his hypocrisy to read properly grin

1 Like

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nimk(f): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Itsmenyou:
There is no honour in a man blatantly dishonouring his matrimonial vows made before God in church or wherever else, or before the law in court. You choose one woman for whatever reason, marry her, professing vows with weighty words, then you turn right around and break them, expecting the woman to behave "maturely", reminding you as if you are some retard (apologies to those suffering some affliction) of the vows you have made and the import of those words, only then you "reluctantly" give heed.

In a different situation, won't the breaking of your vows, especially before a court of law, lead to your incarceration?

There is a reason why this scripture in the bible is written; "A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable. He must know what he’s talking about, not be over fond of wine, not pushy but gentle, not thin-skinned, not money-hungry. He must handle his own affairs well, attentive to his own children and having their respect. For if someone is unable to handle his own affairs, how can he take care of God’s church?"

Little wonder we have men failing in leadership positions world wide, simply because they can't keep their word. If you don't intend to be true to your vows, then don't make them! If you foolishly have, own up to your mistakes. Be upfront with the woman you have yoked and tell her the truth. If she decides to stay to keep up appearances, good for her. But man up!

all I can say is God bless you......one of the sensible comments on this thread... I rarely comment but I find it disappointing the way people have justified cheating by men. as far as I'm concerned a man who cheats on a woman he claims he loves... doesn't love her truly if not he would stay faithful to the vow he made. Women are humans too, they have feelings,it is painful to discover a cheating spouse but then justifying it by saying most men cheat is simply heart breaking....very sad, @op only God knows what your aunt was going through within those 3 months,...except she wasn't affected by his escapades....he didn't cheat once twice or thrice but several times....... that is very sad....like the person above me and other people like daretodiffer punkyveer akike and others have said there is no justification for cheating by both spouses.... rather than telling ladies to mature you should advice men to zip up because whether you like it or not ur uncles escapades might have added to what made her die.
thee is NO justification for cheating ......... don't come and be saying testosterone that is a flimsy excuse.... and also not All men cheat .
my opinion

3 Likes

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by babygirlfl: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fen fem fem29, I missed youoo, where have you been?
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
babygirlfl:
Fen fem fem29, I missed youoo, where have you been?

Missed you guys too oo. Got some bad news just had to take a break from nairaland. But back to normal now. All is well. kiss

1 Like

Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by sexynabila(f): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
awesome11:

U're always welcome. Hope you are enjoying ur day
yea cheesy tks for asking.. wink
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by babygirlfl: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
fem29:

Missed you guys too oo. Got some bad news just had to take a break from nairaland. But back to normal now. All is well. kiss

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Welcome back dear.
Re: How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
babygirlfl:
I have no problem with women who decide to stay with a cheating husband. It's her choice. What I have a problem with is when people try to make women feel that they all have to stay with a cheating man. When people make such women an example for all women to follow. Also it is very annoying the way everybody thinks they are in the position to give married women advice. Men quit advising women and start advising yourselves. Start telling your fellow men to save their marriage by not cheating or better still, give them manual on how to act maturely and keep a cheating wife.

Misery likes company. wink Stay away from miserable people, let God help them figure it out. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.