Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry (5737 Views)

If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? / Ladies, Can You People Marry A Virgin Man? / Modern Marriage, Modern Couple, So Much Drama... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry by Bossdavzy: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
The traditional definition of marriage is the joining together of a man and woman to become husband and wife. It means the attachment of a man to a woman in order to make them a couple and start a new married life. This is what we were all taught in school including YOU!

However, in this modern world, if you define marriage as stated above, your definition though seems to satisfy the taste of many yet lacks some facts. In this post, please let's understand that i am not trying to say whether the definition is the best or not, what i will be trying to do is to define and explain marriage as it is in the modern world.

Due to some introductions and modifications, the above conventional definition should be eliminated. This is because of some reasons.

Firstly, the definition states that marriage is the joining together of a man and woman. In the modern days, we have seen men marrying men and women marrying women. This is a product of the legalisation of homosexuality and lesbianism in the United States and other nations of the world.

Secondly, in the conventional meaning of marriage especially in Africa, when people get married, they are expected to produce children. However, we have seen cases where people marry with agreement that they won't bear children.

To my experience, when people marry in those days, they were usually expected to live together but in the modern days, many people marry and not live together. They only have places where they meet and usually go on dates.

THE MODERN DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE
In the modern days, marriage can be defined as a legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same s*x) as partners in a relationship. This implies that marriage might be between people of the opposite sex or between people of the same sex. It might be for child bearing and might just be for pleasure or other purposes.

See more: http://www.gistfree.com/2015/10/marriage-modern-marriage-and-why-people.html

CC.
Lalasticlala Ishilove

Re: Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry by camanito(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry by flawlessT(f): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Op is sounding more like a married man grin
Re: Marriage - The Modern Marriage And Why People Marry by SkyeAyers: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
The content here wasn’t new for me to know about, I have previously read about it. It was in an article where I also read about How to check if someone's married. It was a very detailed post and it was all interesting there.

(1) (Reply)

See What A Girl Told Me Just Because Of Good Time..guys Get Moni / Bbn Winner Mercy Eke Shamelessly Sitting On A Married Mans Lap Cubana Chief Prie / How I Banged Two Sisters At The Same Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.