Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy (31920 Views)

Access Bank Raises $158m From 13 International Banks / Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / World Bank Raises 2016 Oil Price Forecast To $41 Per Barrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by numen(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
trapQ:
Lmao!! I've lost hope in Nigeria. I'll strive to be a better person for myself, family and society, but for me to hope on the govt?? Hell Nah

Love the bolded...some pple replace nah with yes without comprehending the meaning of their exclamation! Big Ups!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by trapQ: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
wink wink wink
numen:

Love the bolded...some pple replace nah with yes without comprehending the meaning of their exclamation! Big Ups!
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Golderald(m): 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kudos to the military,may God protect and enable you guys to sweep them off.keep it up,
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by funsho75(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
Going through the comments, I realized that most people did not read the post all the want is negativity so that they can call the Slow man a dullard
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by kpolli(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
From number 1 Economy in Africa to number 50. Buhari the conductor, where is my change ooo
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Fearcom(m): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Oblion:
The effect of 'change' is now glaring, but the strong will survivecheesy

You cannot compare five months of change with 16 years of PDP rule
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by banio: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
coldsummer:
we know. God just saved Nigeria that Jonathan did not return as a president. The country would have been broke and economy crashed now.

Let us give PMB a chance to put the country back on the right track. What we are facing now was done be GEJ and co. believe it or not.

BTW, when will the international guys start returning our loot?

PMB said Abacha did not loot.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Goodnuel: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
trapQ:
Ask dangote, bill gates, carlos slim helu, Oprah winfrey etc. Did you think it was rosy for them all? Dangote made a name for himself in this Nigeria with all the corruption, unemployment, tribalism, bad governance etc.

Bill gates obviously needed nobody's validation. He needed nothing from the government.

Carlos slim helu is mexican and everyone knows that only the strong survive in mexico. All the things we complain about in Nigeria are present in mexico, yet he scaled through.

Oprah winfrey suffered racism and a lot of criticisms from whites when she first started. She fought through and became a billionaire.

So No, I don't need to depend on the govt for nothing.
Actually thought you would give your own ideas that may benefit one or two persons here.

All the best bro.
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by dowjones(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2015
Warldbest:
Apga is the only nigeria solution

You're wrong! AFCP is the solution
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2015
The Nigerian Youth are death. How long shall we give powers to our grand fathers. Instead of taking over power we are here wailing and casting blames on past govt. Remember this, the life of the future generation is in ur hands. Enough of the vicious circle in govt. This country belong to the you and the future generation. Enough of this madness.
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by trapQ: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Ok.. What we have in Nigeria is an emerging economy, which is very good for impending enterpreneurs; with low cost of labour and of course tax evasion grin (these are blessings in disguise to all entrepreneurs) that's why most american manufacturing now base in china. They get to spend less there, hence maximising profit.

Look around you, what and what do you think we lack in Nigeria?? A lot. As my sister would say, anything you produce in Nigeria must sell. Do you know we import basically everything? From toothpick to match box. Do you know that the cocoa business is a good one? In 2012 mars(chocolate) grossed $16.8billion and guess where all that cocoa came from. Africa! Yes. 72% came from cote d'ivoire and ghana, the rest from Nigeria, mali etc. Meanwhile all we know is oil.

A nigerian in the uk made millions from yam flour. There are so many things that can be exploited in Nigeria but sadly everyone wants to work in offices.
Goodnuel:
Actually thought you would give your own ideas that may benefit one or two persons here.

All the best bro.
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Goodnuel: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2015
trapQ:
Ok.. What we have in Nigeria is an emerging economy, which is very good for impending enterpreneurs; with low cost of labour and of course tax evasion grin (these are blessings in disguise to all entrepreneurs) that's why most american manufacturing now base in china. They get to spend less there, hence maximising profit.

Look around you, what and what do you think we lack in Nigeria?? A lot. As my sister would say, anything you produce in Nigeria must sell. Do you know we import basically everything? From toothpick to match box. Do you know that the cocoa business is a good one? In 2012 mars(chocolate) grossed $16.8billion and guess where all that cocoa came from. Africa! Yes. 72% came from cote d'ivoire and ghana, the rest from Nigeria, mali etc. Meanwhile all we know is oil.

A nigerian in the uk made millions from yam flour. There are so many things that can be exploited in Nigeria but sadly everyone wants to work in offices.
My problem, how do you achieve all that without the being affected by our bad govt and shaky economy??

I'm an entrepreneur too but the bad govt makes things very difficult for those who try to be successful legally.
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by trapQ: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
With determination and a purpose driven attitude, you'll suceed anywhere. The most important thing is your mindset. Just think of what to do and start with the little you have. Fine, there's a bad govt and shaky economy, but people have scaled through and you'll scale through if you persevere against all odds.
Goodnuel:
My problem, how do you achieve all that without the being affected by our bad govt and shaky economy??

I'm an entrepreneur too but the bad govt makes things very difficult for those who try to be successful legally.
Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Goodnuel: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
trapQ:
With determination and a purpose driven attitude, you'll suceed anywhere. The most important thing is your mindset. Just think of what to do and start with the little you have. Fine, there's a bad govt and shaky economy, but people have scaled through and you'll scale through if you persevere against all odds.
Alright. Thanks

1 Like

Re: World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy by Nmeri17: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity / Bus Direction From Obalende To Landmark Event Center In V.I / Ventura Mall, Ibadan Is On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.