Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin (2142 Views)

Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos) / Russia Spy: Allies Condemn Nerve Agent Attack, UK Expels Russian Diplomats / U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
America’s traditional Middle East allies, having
run out of patience with President Barack
Obama's policy in Syria, are now reaching out
to a resurgent Russia -- even though it is
bolstering the very dictator so many of them
have pushed to leave power.
Some in Washington see the new ties as a
threat to U.S. interests, especially because the
U.S. has worked since the 1970s to keep
Russian influence out of the Middle East. But
the Obama administration sees an opportunity.
The State Department is now quietly
encouraging U.S. allies to engage with Moscow,
as part of Secretary John Kerry's quest to win
Russian support for a political process in Syria.
Kerry is the main U.S. official still arguing for
cooperation with Russia to start peace talks that
could resolve the Syrian civil war. But the
Russian response has been consistently to
rebuke Kerry’s offers. Since Kerry began his
latest diplomacy push in the spring, the
Russians have sent tanks, bombers and soldiers
to Syria. The Russian air force has focused its
bombing on the U.S.-backed opposition instead
of the Islamic State, the terrorists whom Kerry
believes present a common enemy for Russia
and the U.S.
Nevertheless, Kerry has been pushing forward
with his plan to convince Russia to be a partner
in stabilizing the Middle East. He convened a
meeting in Vienna last Friday between the
foreign ministers of Russia, Saudi Arabia and
Turkey and expressed optimism the four
countries could work together on Syria.
“While we can agree to disagree on what and
when might occur with respect to the
resolution of the Assad problem, we clearly can
agree on a process that helps to bring about a
resolution of that question. And that is a very
important starting place,” Kerry said.
After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister
Sergei Lavrov in his remarks to the press
briefly focused on common objectives Russia
shared with the U.S. But Lavrov used the
opportunity mainly to launch into a broad
criticism of U.S. policy in the region. He
complained about the U.S. interventions in Iraq
and Libya and said that Russia would never
support a plan that included regime change in
Damascus.
“I have already heard rumors that deals are
being or will be made here that in a certain
time period President Assad will go,” he said.
“All this is not so.”
A senior administration official told us last
week that this time around Kerry is trying to
start a political process despite the
disagreement over Bashar al-Assad. Kerry has
said recently that the U.S. could accept Assad
remaining in power for a transition period, but
the official said the Russians won’t concede to
that.
“If we can get into a political process,
sometimes these things have a way of resolving
themselves,” Kerry said Friday.
But while Kerry focused on convincing Russia to
join with the West, Putin has been working to
convince America’s Middle East allies that
Moscow is the new power in the region.
Prince Turki al-Faisal, Saudi Arabia's former
ambassador to Washington and former
intelligence chief, said as much Friday at the
Center for Strategic and International Studies
in Washington. There he gave President
Vladimir Putin credit for outmaneuvering the
U.S. and said Russia was now in a position to
demand attention and respect.
“Putin is a man who has done so much harm to
innocent people throughout the area in Syria.
But I must also consider that he is the head of
a state, and that state is a big state, and he
feels that state should have a decision-making
role in the world,” he said. “And we have to
deal with him. And it’s not that you ignore him
or cast him off as a megalomaniac. He has a
vision of the world and a strategy to put that
vision in place.”
By hosting Assad in Moscow, Turki said, Putin
sent a message to the region that anyone who
wishes to oust Assad must go through him.
Putin may not be sincere when he says he
wants to fight the Islamic State, but the U.S.-led
coalition has not committed the resources
necessary for the mission either, he said.
While Russia participates in the new U.S.-led
discussions over Syria, it is simultaneously
striking side deals with U.S. allies to further its
military presence there, which the U.S.
government has called counterproductive.
On the same day as the Vienna meeting, Russia
signed an agreement with Jordan to coordinate
militarily against the Islamic State. The next
day, Kerry traveled to Jordan and Saudi Arabia
to discuss Syria with leaders there. (Putin didn’t
have to go to Saudi Arabia; the Saudi defense
minister had visited Moscow earlier this
month.) And while Kerry was in the region, the
government of Iraq announced it had given
Russia the green light to begin airstrikes there
too, over U.S. objections.
Other gulf states have sent senior diplomats to
Moscow in the last two weeks to discuss Russia's
recent moves into Syria. One senior Arab
diplomat told us that these discussions were
mainly to gauge Russia's long-term intentions
in Syria and to try to persuade Moscow to
bomb Islamic State targets rather than more
moderate rebels.
American allies who are not active in
multilateral diplomacy over Syria have been
establishing closer ties to Moscow as well. This
month, after Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu went to see Putin, Israel established
a hotline with Russia's military to avoid an
accidental confrontation between their forces.
After Egyptian President Abdel el-Sisi visited
Putin in August, he pledged Egypt would work
with Moscow against the Islamic State.
Retired General Jack Keane testified last week
that Moscow is betting on U.S. inaction.
“Putin is counting on the United States’ fear of
escalation and fear of confrontation to scare off
any U.S. retaliation,” Keane said. “We need to
continue to push for Assad to go, but lets be
realistic. Russia, as Assad’s protector, will now
play the decisive role.”
Some within the Obama administration tell us
that Putin and Lavrov are leading Kerry on and
that the only way Russia would become a
constructive partner in Syria would be through
coercion, such as sanctions against Putin or
more military aid to the rebels Putin is
attacking. But the White House is unwilling to
escalate pressures against Russia because the
guiding principle is to avoid a new crisis with
Moscow.
The immediate problem with Kerry's approach
is that it forces America’s friends in the region
to hedge their bets and move closer to Russia.
Over the long term, there is a contradiction in
Kerry’s plan. Putin is either the key to a
peaceful resolution in Syria or the main
obstacle. He can't be both.
www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-10-26/u-s-is-driving-mideast-allies-toward-putin
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
It's all about dominance and diplomacy. America can penetrate into Syria but it might lead to war. America should leave Syria alone. They should go and rest. America have caused so many problems in the middle east. Only that Obama is the weakest President America has ever had and things will continue to get worst untill Obama leaves. That man is so dumb and clueless on international matters.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2015
mazeltov:
It's all about dominance and diplomacy. America can penetrate into Syria but it might lead to war. America should leave Syria alone. They should go and rest. America have caused so many problems in the middle east. Only that Obama is the weakest President America has ever had and things will continue to get worst untill Obama leaves. That man is so dumb and clueless on international matters.
It's easy for you to stay in your village and condemn Obama . You don't know how politics works in US. One of the main reasons Obama won the Presidency in 2008 was because Americans are tired of war that almost bankrupt the country. Thousands of young Americans died for nothing and tens of thousands are maimed for life. Two nephews of mine fought in Iraq/Afghanistan wars. Obama is a great President and I am very proud I voted for him twice. Pray to achieve 1\1000 of Obama's achievement in life before talking trash. Make your third world country better before critising a great man.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It's easy for you to stay in your village and condemn Obama . You don't know how politics works in US. One of the main reasons Obama won the Presidency in 2008 was because Americans are tired of war that almost bankrupt the country. Thousands of young Americans died for nothing and tens of thousands are maimed for life. Two nephews of mine fought in Iraq/Afghanistan wars. Obama is a great President and I am very proud I voted for him twice.
save me the epistles, slowpoke. You are not the only American who voted for Obama and Your statement are more of excuses than facts. None of your twaddles and bluffings can change the fact that Obama is the weakest president to have ever graced the oval office. America likes interfering in what doesn't concern them because they are looking for reasons to justify their huge defence budget. It's not about being tired of war, the question is, does America really need to match boots on grounds in Iraq and afghanistan? The Americans were so dumb not to have known the effect of going to war as at the time of crumbling economy. For example, it cost america about 11.7 trillion dollars to fund iraq/afghanistan war as at the time of deepning economy deficit, which means an average america citizen paid singlehandedly about 5,667 dollars on the war. In a related study, the U.s war in Iraq cost about 1.7 trillion dollars with additional 490 billion dollars in benefits over the war veterans- expenses that could grow to more than 6 trillion dollars over the next 4 decades counting interest. The war killed about 134,000 iraqi civilians. americans are tired of war yet, obama has pledge another 20,000 troops to afghanistan, don't let me talk about the terrorist they are funding. American are tired of war but their leaders are not tired of war. One can still maintain his standard level of international relation and dominance without engaging in an uncalled-for war. Yes I'm in my village typing buh believe you me, you can be in your village and still be well informed than a man roaming the street.

Lucasbalo:
Pray to achieve 1\1000 of Obama's achievement in life before talking trash. Make your third world country better before critising a great man.
lolzz. You are simply an illiterate. What brought my achievement in life with obama's achievement in life. Honestly, you are a clown.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It's easy for you to stay in your village and condemn Obama . You don't know how politics works in US. One of the main reasons Obama won the Presidency in 2008 was because Americans are tired of war that almost bankrupt the country. Thousands of young Americans died for nothing and tens of thousands are maimed for life. Two nephews of mine fought in Iraq/Afghanistan wars. Obama is a great President and I am very proud I voted for him twice. Pray to achieve 1\1000 of Obama's achievement in life before talking trash. Make your third world country better before critising a great man.

You are a F.uckta.rd delusional f..ool.

You are a black american modern day slave Mr 3rd World @ass hat.

Now run of and do your 3jobs a day slave we know you own jack shiiit in your masters enclave.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=DictatorZAR post=39473568]

Now run of and do your 3jobs a day slave we know you own jack shiiit in your masters enclave.
[/quote
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Lucasbalo post=39481751][/quote]Anonymous Mental dwarf. I don't need to get into any diatribe with your punk a/s. People like you always hide your face to foam in the mouth after America refuse you vids. Poverty will kill you in your poverty ridden hell hole you are condemned to dwell in earning less than $2 a day. Show your face and let's see the effect of poverty in ur subhuman life.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
mazeltov:
save me the epistles, slowpoke. You are not the only American who voted for Obama and Your statement are more of excuses than facts. None of your twaddles and bluffings can change the fact that Obama is the weakest president to have ever graced the oval office. America likes interfering in what doesn't concern them because they are looking for reasons to justify their huge defence budget. It's not about being tired of war, the question is, does America really need to match boots on grounds in Iraq and afghanistan? The Americans were so dumb not to have known the effect of going to war as at the time of crumbling economy. For example, it cost america about 11.7 trillion dollars to fund iraq/afghanistan war as at the time of deepning economy deficit, which means an average america citizen paid singlehandedly about 5,667 dollars on the war. In a related study, the U.s war in Iraq cost about 1.7 trillion dollars with additional 490 billion dollars in benefits over the war veterans- expenses that could grow to more than 6 trillion dollars over the next 4 decades counting interest. The war killed about 134,000 iraqi civilians. americans are tired of war yet, obama has pledge another 20,000 troops to afghanistan, don't let me talk about the terrorist they are funding. American are tired of war but their leaders are not tired of war. One can still maintain his standard level of international relation and dominance without engaging in an uncalled-for war. Yes I'm in my village typing buh believe you me, you can be in your village and still be well informed than a man roaming the street.

lolzz. You are simply an illiterate. What brought my achievement in life with obama's achievement in life. Honestly, you are a clown.
Show your face subhuman mongrel dwelling in a God forgotten he'll hole condemning America … Your lots are well known here. America doesn't give a damn about you and your ilks. You can spew trash anonymously. Village clown in a third world hell hole suffering from poverty caused by generational curse. How come people of low mental IQs like you never show your true identity ?. No one recognise you in your third world village and you can throw your venom at a great man who have achieved what anyone in your lineage will never achieve in 100 lifetime. I don't want to hear a damn thing from u until you show your clownish village face.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
[s]
Lucasbalo:
i am subhuman mongrel dwelling in a God forgotten I'll hole condemning America … my lots are well known here. America doesn't give a damn about me and my ilks. I can spew trash anonymously. I am a Village clown in a third world hell hole suffering from poverty caused by generational curse. How come people of low mental IQs like me never show your true identity ?. No one recognise me in your third world village and you can throw your venom at a great man who have achieved what anyone in my lineage will never achieve in 100 lifetime. I don't want to hear a damn thing from anybody until i show my clownish village face.
[/s]

nairaland is breeding animals

1 Like

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
mazeltov:

nairaland is breeding animals
Animals like you that cannot show your poverty laden face.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Third world jungle bunny dwelling in unthinkable and unlivable hell on earth. When you show your poverty ridden face in the public you can talk then. Mr Anonymous trying to throw jabs. At least I am not like you selling gala and commiting robberies at night.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Animals like me that cannot show my poverty laden face.
grin
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by ValerianSteel(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Can we all calm down please. undecided

There's no objective response to the thread yet insults and insults.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Coach8: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Third world jungle bunny dwelling in unthinkable and unlivable hell on earth. When you show your poverty ridden face in the public you can talk then. Mr Anonymous trying to throw jabs. At least I am not like you selling gala and commiting robberies at night.

Are you going to keep referencing 'Third world' in every post of yours?
Did you learn about that phrase today?
With that sort of language I'm sure you are the reason developed countries are crying out against immigration.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Coach8:

Are you going to keep referencing 'Third world' in every post of yours?
Did you learn about that phrase today?
With that sort of language I'm sure you are the reason developed countries are crying out against immigration.
I mentioned Third World in replying the guys attacking me for defending Obama and US. I am in favor of immigrants. Read the earlier posts that led to me using that word and see what led to it.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Coach8: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I mentioned Third World in replying the guys attacking me for defending Obama and US. I am in favor of immigrants. Read the earlier posts that led to me using that word and see what led to it.

You stated that that line in 4/5 of your posts on this thread. It kind of gave the idea you were bent on something.
You can defend your nation without resorting to insults, once you do that, you've lost it.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Coach8:

You stated that that line in 4/5 of your posts on this thread. It kind of gave the idea you were bent on something.
You can defend your nation without resorting to insults, once you do that, you've lost it.
Go back to the earlier treads and see where the insults starred. I have defended Nigeria so many times too since I have Nigerian blood in me. I love US and I love Nigeria too. I am not saying anything negative about Nigeria . I am just getting back at the two guys hurling unnecessary insults at me.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Appleyard(m): 2:41am On Oct 30, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Can we all calm down please. undecided

There's no objective response to the thread yet insults and insults.
My brother, i just don't understand why all these insults from respectable men like Lucasbalo, Dictatorzar, and Mazeltov. You see wetin America with wars they cause?
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 5:55am On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:
My brother, i just don't understand why all these insults from respectable men like Lucasbalo, Dictatorzar, and Mazeltov. You see wetin America with wars they cause?
feel free to read our conversation from the begining and you wld see that I did nothing wrong.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 6:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:
My brother, i just don't understand why all these insults from respectable men like Lucasbalo, Dictatorzar, and Mazeltov.

here is my first comment

mazeltov:

see his reply
Lucasbalo:

for the fact that you mistakenly won Visa lottery doesn't mean that you should be insulting others. If not because of the little leave that I have, I wouldn't have had time to be trading words with this slowpoke whose retrobulbar moral values has been sunk by high level of illiteracy and foolhardiness.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 6:16am On Oct 30, 2015
mazeltov:

see his first comment
It's midnight here and I have to say the insult starts from you. Hurling insults at people is not my thing. If I offended you anyway, accept my apology. You can go through my posts and see if I am the kind of guy that insult people. That's very unlike me. No animose against you . just feel like I have to defend Obama .
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by mazeltov(m): 6:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It's midnight here and I have to say the insult starts from you. Hurling insults at people is not my thing. If I offended you anyway, accept my apology. You can go through my posts and see if I am the kind of guy that insult people. That's very unlike me. No animose against you . just feel like I have to defend Obama .

the question is did I insult you? please keep your apology. I don't need it.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by ValerianSteel(m): 8:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:
It's sickening they are fighting like jealous men in a polyandry.It beats me that trivial issues like the US actions would warrant such from individuals hiding behind their computer screens.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Appleyard(m): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2015
mazeltov:

here is my first comment

see his reply

for the fact that you mistakenly won Visa lottery doesn't mean that you should be insulting others. If not because of the little leave that I have, I wouldn't have had time to be trading words with this slowpoke whose retrobulbar moral values has been sunk by high level of illiteracy and foolhardiness.
It is okay. I understand that you didn't throw the first punch, however, as men, and reasonable men for that matter, lets take things calm and forge ahead in crirtical analysis of global issues. Thats why we are MEN at the first place. The MidEast today is like a bubble waiting to burst anytime soon. Both you and Lucasbalo are on the same footing here - the concept of America's senseless wars, just that you guys differ on Obama's weakness and relativity to the MidEast. Each time i take to the news and see what is happening in the MidEast, i begin to wonder what is it that the US have gained from the endless disruption of life in that part of the world. Right from the Bush era, down to the Clinton tenure, the place have been a hub of violent activities; and when you compare theirs to Obama's, you may want to say the man is a saint sort of, but if you are to judge him by the currrent situation in the region, particularly with ISIS and Syria, then you will want to say he ain't fare better either, in terms of a clearly defined policy to the MidEast. This is where the problem is; there seems to be a pattern here - pleasing the military industrial complex controlled by the satanic warmongering elites and their agents like John MCcain, why caring little for the future reparcussions - the economy. They need something like IS and a strain relations with Russia to keep up with the sham cry of " threath " in order to keep maintaining the over bloated defence budget and the MIC. Left for me, Obama's weakness have nothing to do with his inability to confront Putin's Russia, infact, the man faired better in that regard. Bush was there when Russia thrashed Georgia in 2008, and the US did no sh1t! But Obama even summoned the courage to shake the Russian economy with sanctions, and even dare to poke the Bear by meddling in his backyard - Ukraine. So, all these talk of Obama is weak ditto Russia, entails a lack of understanding of the situation. When it comes down to the likes of Russia, there are Red lines you can't cross. No, not when the enemy is more than capable to reduce you to radioactive ash. So when some people shout Obama is weak, is like they expect him to start killing Russians in Ukraine and in Syria. Nah!
Obama real weakness is his inability to free the white House from the shackles of the backdoor shadow government - the 1%ters elites, the greedy, criminal banksters and neo-cons zionist that owns the multi-nationals and the military industrial complex. That is why we still see IS running around and the US playing hide and seek with it. That is why US war ships are converging in the South China Sea, with China threatening consequencies - war storms are gathering in the horizon. That is why after fifteen years of fruitless war in Afghanistan, troops are still remaining there, bugged down and fighting a battle they can neither win nor run away from. That is why Russia will remain " the greatest threat to America ", even though it never shot a pin against America and its core interests before now.

This whole thing goes way beyond Obama alone. Here is an institutionalized and organized criminal syndicate and occultic cabal, with whom you must stand, or turn the other eye, otherwise end up like JFK.

We are talking of Satanism at its peak!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
mazeltov:

here is my first comment

see his reply

Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
mazeltov:

here is my first comment

see his reply

I see where your unending anger and inbred hatred of Obama came in. You didn't win the Lottery Visa. Sorry about that since I apologized to you and you are not man enough to accept my apology. I grew up here and have spent almost all my life here, so obviously what you are insinuating about L/V doesn't apply to me. Calling someone a slowpoke whom you don't know says all about you. I doubt if you can hold my jock strap. Until you can show your face I am done with you. Don't have to be going back and forth with an anonymous being trying to gain relevance in a faceless forum.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by kinibigdeal(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Show your face subhuman mongrel dwelling in a God forgotten he'll hole condemning America … Your lots are well known here. America doesn't give a damn about you and your ilks. You can spew trash anonymously. Village clown in a third world hell hole suffering from poverty caused by generational curse. How come people of low mental IQs like you never show your true identity ?. No one recognise you in your third world village and you can throw your venom at a great man who have achieved what anyone in your lineage will never achieve in 100 lifetime. I don't want to hear a damn thing from u until you show your clownish village face.

I could hardly see anything wrong in Mazeltou analysis. He just gave you the hard truth about the politics in America. Is so unfortunate that Americans have forgotten so soon the state of their economy under George W. Bush Republican, millions were spent on War in the middle East, and that cripples the economy of US. Although, Obama have been Liberal in American Foreign policy but "A poke" in the way he is handling the crisis in Libya
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:

It is okay. I understand that you didn't throw the first punch, however, as men, and reasonable men for that matter, lets take things calm and forge ahead in crirtical analysis of global issues. Thats why we are MEN at the first place. The MidEast today is like a bubble waiting to burst anytime soon. Both you and Lucasbalo are on the same footing here - the concept of America's senseless wars, just that you guys differ on Obama's weakness and relativity to the MidEast. Each time i take to the news and see what is happening in the MidEast, i begin to wonder what is it that the US have gained from the endless disruption of life in that part of the world. Right from the Bush era, down to the Clinton tenure, the place have been a hub of violent activities; and when you compare theirs to Obama's, you may want to say the man is a saint sort of, but if you are to judge him by the currrent situation in the region, particularly with ISIS and Syria, then you will want to say he ain't fare better either, in terms of a clearly defined policy to the MidEast. This is where the problem is; there seems to be a pattern here - pleasing the military industrial complex controlled by the satanic warmongering elites and their agents like John MCcain, why caring little for the future reparcussions - the economy. They need something like IS and a strain relations with Russia to keep up with the sham cry of " threath " in order to keep maintaining the over bloated defence budget and the MIC. Left for me, Obama's weakness have nothing to do with his inability to confront Putin's Russia, infact, the man faired better in that regard. Bush was there when Russia thrashed Georgia in 2008, and the US did no sh1t! But Obama even summoned the courage to shake the Russian economy with sanctions, and even dare to poke the Bear by meddling in his backyard - Ukraine. So, all these talk of Obama is weak ditto Russia, entails a lack of understanding of the situation. When it comes down to the likes of Russia, there are Red lines you can't cross. No, not when the enemy is more than capable to reduce you to radioactive ash. So when some people shout Obama is weak, is like they expect him to start killing Russians in Ukraine and in Syria. Nah!
Obama real weakness is his inability to free the white House from the shackles of the backdoor shadow government - the 1%ters elites, the greedy, criminal banksters and neo-cons zionist that owns the multi-nationals and the military industrial complex. That is why we still see IS running around and the US playing hide and seek with it. That is why US war ships are converging in the South China Sea, with China threatening consequencies - war storms are gathering in the horizon. That is why after fifteen years of fruitless war in Afghanistan, troops are still remaining there, bugged down and fighting a battle they can neither win nor run away from. That is why Russia will remain " the greatest threat to America ", even though it never shot a pin against America and its core interests before now.

This whole thing goes way beyond Obama alone. Here is an institutionalized and organized criminal syndicate and occultic cabal, with whom you must stand, or turn the other eye, otherwise end up like JFK.

We are talking of Satanism at its peak!

You are absolutely right Appleyard. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are still having a rippling effect on America . Imagine thousands of young Americans dead and tens of thousands maimed and psychological maimed for life. Military Industrial Complex as you rightly pointed out is the main deal behind the eagerness for all the unnecessary wars. Most Americans are not into war unless America is under attack or about to be attacked. For all I care, Middle East can turn to ashes because the people in that part of the world will always hate each other. I almost lost two nephews of mine in the war and that's why it became personal to me. The main reason Obama beat McCain in 2008 was because Americans were tired of the war that almost bankrupt the country. Towards the end of George W presidency, America was losing 700.000 jobs a month and big corporations like Lehman Bros, AIG, H/P were about to fold up and Dow Jones was 7.000. The investment firm I work for almost fold up too and Americans were scared to death. McCain lost in a landslide to a Freshman Senator from Illinos. Now every Economic indexes are back to normal. Dow Jones is almost 18.000 points and the unemployment rate is down to 5.2%. There are presidential primaries going on now and the candidates like Ted Cruz and others salivating for war are not going anywhere. Left to me and millions of America Peaceniks, Putin and Russia can have Syria and all Middle East to himself. He would find out that war ain't cheap. Spending five to seven billions dollars weekly for war will bankrupt any nation talk less of Russian Economy that's hailing. I have always believed that McCain and his war mongering ilks are not good for America. He's in his 80s and how long this he have on earth ?. As long as America stays out of unnecessary and unwinnable wars, America will be fine. Down with Military Industrial Complex. They worry not about human lives, they only worry about making money.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
kinibigdeal:

I could hardly see anything wrong in Mazeltou analysis. He just gave you the hard truth about the politics in America. Is so unfortunate that Americans have forgotten so soon the state of their economy under George W. Bush Republican, million were spend on War in the middle East, and that cripples the economy of US. Although, Obama have been Liberal in American Foreign policy but "A poke" in the way he is handling the crisis in Libya
You are right, Obama made a mistake about Libya. I am not excusing Obama for that. Obama's not a saint either, but to castigate and demonize him for George W follies is wrong too. I was in the midst of America's economic meltdown in 2008 when my company almost went belly up. The next Presidential election will go Democratic for the reasons you stated above. Americans do not forget. It's a big part of the Presidential primaries going on now in the two parties. It's personal to me because I know what happened to two nephews of mine who fought in the worthless war. I believe that war is not the answer. I will defend myself if I am attacked or about to be attacked. That's the only justification for war.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by kinibigdeal(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You are right, Obama made a mistake about Libya. I am not excusing Obama for that. Obama's not a saint either, but to castigate and demonize him for George W follies is wrong too. I was in the midst of America's economic meltdown in 2008 when my company almost went belly up. The next Presidential election will go Democratic for the reasons you stated above. Americans do not forget. It's a big part of the Presidential primaries going on now in the two parties. It's personal to me because I know what happened to two nephews of mine who fought in the worthless war. I believe that war is not the answer. I will defend myself if I am attacked or about to be attacked. That's the only justification for war.

Exactly! I think you both have the same Ideologies with Mazeltou but different opinion. We all know what the Republican stands for "Fierce American Foreign Policy" without looking at the effect on the economy. I think, I'm in support of not blaming Obama for the deed of W.Bush but I will blame him for is Failure in Syria. Close to 5 years now, American have been fighting an ending war in Syria, it all started from the Era of W.Bush but I expected Obama to do a clean up, with a year Budget of close to $325 million (I stand corrected) on the Military, we can hardly trace the reflection in Syria. What does American interest stand for in Syria? For good 5years without the intervention of Russia, who are American Targets? Is it the ISIS, Syria Force, Rebels or Assad Loyalist. Its a palpitating question that seriously need an attentive answer? Am not blaming Obama either but he should have acted otherwise, he made it obvious to the world through the intervention of Russia that America is Technically in Support of the Islamic State.
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by kinibigdeal(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
mazeltov:

I don't think Obama is Weak or neither cluesless, I will advice we take our time before we use vague words. However, Obama is only being diplomatic, don't forget many Democratic candidate will do same thing Obama is doing. You don't expect Obama to go to war, all in the Name of proving to the world that America is strong. Hell No! There are other diplomatic means that can be used to strengthen your National interest. The only blame I have for Obama in Syria, is US tactical support for the Islamic state and not trying to solve the uprising in the middle East. Obama also have to be careful not to Trigger any world war between the world power. Paradoxically, Russia already have the support of the middle East. Currently in Syria, there is a Ground support from Iran and some other small country. Negotiation and Agreement will do better than a mistake of War. Mind you, the country in the middle will face the middle if such happens. Russia and America will never face each other
Re: U.S. Is Driving Mideast Allies Toward Putin by Lucasbalo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
kinibigdeal:

Exactly! I think you both have the same Ideologies with Mazeltou but different opinion. We all know what the Republican stands for "Fierce American Foreign Policy" without looking at the effect on the economy. I think, I'm in support of not blaming Obama for the deed of W.Bush but I will blame him for is Failure in Syria. Close to 5 years now, American have been fighting an ending war in Syria, it all started from the Era of W.Bush but I expected Obama to do a clean up, with a year Budget of close to $325 million (I stand corrected) on the Military, we can hardly trace the reflection in Syria. What does American interest stand for in Syria? For good 5years without the intervention of Russia, who are American Targets? Is it the ISIS, Syria Force, Rebels or Assad Loyalist. Its a palpitating question that seriously need an attentive answer? Am not blaming Obama either but he should have acted otherwise, he made it obvious to the world through the intervention of Russia that America is Technically in Support of the Islamic State.
You are absolutely correct about Obama stand on Syria. I never wanted him to get involved in Syria either. Have always said The Middle East is a cursed part of the world. Let them deal with their own problems. Irag is worse now after Sadaam Hussein and so is Afghanistan after the Taliban and so is Libya after Quaddaffi. I am against American interventionist anywhere in the world. Let America deals with her own problems. God knows there are tons of problems in America that needs attention. I believed that war is worthless but the power behind the presidency thrives on wars for their selfish reasons.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What President-elect Joe Biden Just Posted That Has Caused Reactions From Pe / Israel Army Destroys HAMAS In Northern Gaza And Raises Israel FLAG / IDF Reveals: Al-jazeera Journalist By Day, Hamas Commander By Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.