Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL (18918 Views)

1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
freshvine:
Please don't allow any 8 cylinder engine overtake you. Car is car regardless of manufacturers, engine size, color or build. grin
u mean he should race a G63 with an Almera along Suleja Road? Sorry but this is a death wish. Our beloved nurey will come back alive.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nurey how was the trip?

Hope you and the car survived the trip?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by lonelydora: 1:54am On Oct 31, 2015
samally:
wow, i never knew lagos to kano is up to 1000km...
well, i think your car should make the journey..because have travel non stop from lagos-maiduguri many times..even with golf 3 wagon...

nothing knew there..but, you been a stranger on the road..i think you should drive as the poster above me describe*SLOW*

Peace

Lagos to Maiduguri is the longest distance in Nigeria by road. It's about 1705 km.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2015
lonelydora:

Lagos to Maiduguri is the longest distance in Nigeria by road. It's about 1705 km.

1,150km lagos to bauchi 450 km bauchi to maiduguri.

My odometer is a witness.

You can empty your speedometer bauchi to maiduguri then.
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp6M7OM0qrCkgyIgtU4gFfMAjaCZX0P_a3_uWBJ01ot3laOmtbRQ[/img]
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2015
sorry guys for not updating, I have been busy, when am free I will let you know besides I said coming soon, when the date is close will let u guys know. Thanks to the guy that called to ask for my well being
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by Jakumo(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2015
Acquire a live tortoise, and tie it around your neck, to protect you while on this epic journey accross Nigeria's bad lands.

Additionally, sell that car with its lawn mower engine, in order to BOW DEEPLY before the Almighty V8 Engine.

On the eighth day, after resting up a bit on the seventh day, the Good Lord created the V8 Engine, for the salvation of mankind.

I flat REFUSE to even acknowledge the existence of ANY car that is not equipped with a V8 engine, talk less of entering one, or owning one.

Repent, Young Grasshopper, and change your ways, before the Good Lord reaches for his koboko horse-whip.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2015
Jakumo:
Acquire a live tortoise, and tie it around your neck, to protect you while on this epic journey accross Nigeria's bad lands.

Additionally, sell that car with its lawn mower engine, in order to BOW DEEPLY before the Almighty V8 Engine.

On the eighth day, after resting up a bit on the seventh day, the Good Lord created the V8 Engine, for the salvation of mankind.

I flat REFUSE to even acknowledge the existence of ANY car that is not equipped with a V8 engine, talk less of entering one, or owning one.

Repent, Young Grasshopper, and change your ways, before the Good Lord reaches for his koboko horse-whip.

I'm sure this is the okada egunmogaji was talking about tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by samally: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
hmm...
the longest trip is from lagos to Gamboru Ngala here in borno state
and regarding the road, they're better than before...so, alot of accident on the road due to sweetness of the speed.

And, when will you come to maiduguri..i will like to host for some work here...at least even though is 24hrs

GAZZUZZ:

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp6M7OM0qrCkgyIgtU4gFfMAjaCZX0P_a3_uWBJ01ot3laOmtbRQ[/img]
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
nurey:
My intended speed will be around 120 and 150km, maybe 220km once just to prove am a Dare devil.

Your car will make this journey just fine. The size of the engine is irrelevant. However, your car will NOT achieve 138mph with 90hp.

It's not happening.

6 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
samally:
hmm...
and regarding the road, they're better than before...so, alot of accident on the road due to sweetness of the speed.

And, when will you come to maiduguri..i will like to host for some work here...at least even though is 24hrs

Kingreign come see o!

Ghost mode dem no de see me.....[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUwtly6O3sVur4uVTiI0YRyp5HL7o9w_RIq5ybb4v73OYkhx8c[/img]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by aieromon(m): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Following.....

The slow points are Akure-Akoko-Okene-Lokoja. You should be just fine.

1 Like

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by samally: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gazzuz..No where to run..you will be fine in my care man
At least you have been to bauchi so many times...
Maiduguri is as normal as Bauchi

GAZZUZZ:

Kingreign come see o!

Ghost mode dem no de see me.....[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUwtly6O3sVur4uVTiI0YRyp5HL7o9w_RIq5ybb4v73OYkhx8c[/img]
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Siena:

Your car will make this journey just fine. The size of the engine is irrelevant. However, your car will NOT achieve 138mph with 90hp.

It's not happening.

OGA Siena, do you mean my car cannot attain the 220 mark on the Odometer or it can attain it but LATE. Also thanks for the word of encouragement
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
nurey:

OGA Siena, do you mean my car cannot attain the 220 mark on the Odometer or it can attain it but LATE. Also thanks for the word of encouragement

What it is www.nairaland.com/attachments/3009304_almera1_jpeg8cbbe0a72fffe52a0f7fd468b0057ad7

What nurey thinks it is

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS_SanLqqjAzxGHhkvPVl4oQNHwA0qyzZ-Mk5jTUuHYuvS_fhVheJ7YPOV[/img]
grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by lonelydora: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Respect Sir. Maybe with internal movement at bauchi, we forgot to minus that from the odometer. We had to see a friend inside bauchi. That bauchi to maiduguri road is Nigerian version of autobahn.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by FestacGirl(f): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What it is www.nairaland.com/attachments/3009304_almera1_jpeg8cbbe0a72fffe52a0f7fd468b0057ad7

What nurey thinks it is

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS_SanLqqjAzxGHhkvPVl4oQNHwA0qyzZ-Mk5jTUuHYuvS_fhVheJ7YPOV[/img]
grin
at first it was his sienna, now its the almera
Nurey you need to buy a super car

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
FestacGirl:
at first it was his sienna, now its the almera Nurey you need to buy a super car
somebody jealous me, somebody jealous me because of my sportcar, lol

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
FestacGirl:
at first it was his sienna, now its the almera Nurey you need to buy a super car
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by FestacGirl(f): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
nurey:

i didnt do it Gazuzz did
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
nurey:

Your car can't achieve 220 km/h, late or otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2015
Siena:

Your car can't achieve 220 km/h, late or otherwise.

ok thanks for the info grin
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2015
FestacGirl:

i didnt do it Gazuzz did

see as i shakara you grin you come dey fear tongue
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by ataspray(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2015
samally:
hmm...

sorry oo, but dis maiduguri u people are talking about, is it not d capital of borno state? asin home of boko haram?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by edoyad(m): 10:51am On Nov 01, 2015
nurey:

ok thanks for the info grin

Even if your Nissan Almeira could make it to 220km/hr , why would you want to drive that fast on Nigerian roads biko ? That car is just not designed for that purpose. The 120~150km/hr you mentioned is the best advice you've given yourself
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
edoyad:

Even if your Nissan Almeira could make it to 220km/hr , why would you want to drive that fast on Nigerian roads biko ? That car is just not designed for that purpose. The 120~150km/hr you mentioned is the best advice you've given yourself

80-100km/hr is for sisi's, 120-150km/hr is for the faint hearted while 200km/hr and above is for Daredevils which I fall into. Besides this journey is a journey of return so probably I won't be doing upto 150km, I just want to get to my destination safe and in one piece.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
Plenty talk no action

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 4:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Took the car for a test drive first journey was 90km and second journey was 150km, I probably did more but I calculated my fuel economy only based on the second journey and I got 6.7L for the whole of 150km. Well am satisfied but my aim is not based on fuel economy but to get there safely.

So I fixed a new side mirror (passenger side) cost me an arm and a leg based on the unpopular availability of this rides spare part.

The speed sensor was damaged so I got a toks too, I really need this to be fixed cause the odo has stopped reading it was damaged by a quack mechanic.

Shopping for fresh set of tires

I made a sketch map for my self to make my journey easier and indicate that I am on the right track since I don't know the way, also will use my BlackBerry when I am confused. Would have loved to have sygic but too powerful for my BlackBerry.

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by BTT(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Jakumo:

Mean!

But you never jam badass Nissan or Peugeot V6 where them dey humble V8s abi?

1 Like

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by kingreign(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2015
BTT:

Mean!

But you never jam badass Nissan or Peugeot V6 where them dey humble V8s abi?

Bad market is when you try getting the notion that you'll win a race against a Nissan/Infiniti V6 SE-R model

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2015
please for those of you who will also be making this journey on the same day as me or who I will probably meet on the road, please you are warned stay clear of my way, I don't take any prisoners I can easily out smart a V8 or V10 with the combination of my clutch, gear 3 then gear 5, you don't want to be caught in my whirl wind as for the V6 and I4 better luck next time.

Like if you feel my swags and share if you think this is total crap and bullshit lol.

2 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2015
kingreign:

Bad market is when you try getting the notion that you'll win a race against a Nissan/Infiniti V6 SE-R model

Depends on what vehicle my notion is contemplating, don't get smart lomomike lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hand Brake Or Gear Park(p) Which Should Come First? / Golf3 Differences / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.