Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken (70360 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
pazienza:

Yes, Ikot Abasi is oil producing, but without Ibeno, Obolo and Oron, Akwa Ibom wont be a major oil producing state.

Take a look at a picture showing the locations of Nigeria oil wealth, both onshore and offshore.
Notice that Akwa-ibom has next to nothing onshore production. And that like 90% of its offshore oil fields are located offshore of Ibeno Obolo and Mbo( Oron).

Ndiigbo have never been bad neighbors to Ibibio- Annang- Efik people, why you would seek to start painting Ndiigbo in badlight, over comments made by an Urhobo man is beyond me.

You went far over the Line to bring Ndiigbo into a thread that had nothing to do with us, and then denigrate us, and caused some Igbos here to react in negative manner, it's too bad of you.
I want to sincerely apologize for onbehalf of my ppl (Akwa ibomites) on this thread for trying to create jinx btw Akwa ibom & our s/east brothers on this peaceful and educative thread I guess it was due to the first comment by the urhobo man on this thread which one of us misconstrued & thought was a s/easterner , therefore, I apologise on their behalf ..... The ibibios & Ibos are like A & B .....one love, proudly ibibio ...#VisitAkwaibom

4 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
pazienza:

This is totally unnecessary and uncalled for. Please can you delete this, please I beg of you.

Ndiigbo can't afford to be fighting at all fronts, against the Edoids, the Arewa-Oduanistans, Ijaws and now Ibibios, mbanu!

We can't have, everyone should sheath their swords, Ibibios are natural allies to us, no need spoiling that now.
thank u very much , I love our s/east brothers I don't care what ppl post on the internet it could be an hausa man, yoruba or even urhobo trying to cause confusion btw we & our s/east brothers ... I over love the igbos ooooooooooooo ,oya enemies go and commit suicide ... #VisitAkwaibom , proudly ibibio ,proudly Uruan LGA ...''

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by pazienza(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
I want to sincerely apologize for onbehalf of my ppl (Akwa ibomites) on this thread for trying to create jinx btw Akwa ibom & our s/east brothers on this peaceful and educative thread I guess it was due to the first comment by the urhobo man on this thread which one of us misconstrued & thought was a s/easterner , therefore, I apologise on their behalf ..... The ibibios & Ibos are like A & B .....one love, proudly ibibio ...#VisitAkwaibom

Thanks. That's the spirit.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
DerKaiser:

The ammo in my arsenal has barely been tampered with.

I am just waiting for your madness to leave you before I get more specific with your Ibibio people.

After I am done with you, you would reevaluate your entire existence and would never come at Igbos in your lifetime.

Little worthless snitch from a tribe of undeveloped savages who is dreaming of overestimating his relevance.

If the other Igbos are reluctant to tackle you, I am not and you will know why I am called Ceasar.

Brace yourself.

Dog.

I've got countless pictures of your erosion-ravaged homeland. Even Somalia looks relatively picture-esque compared to your gully terrains.cheesy

I've got countless newslinks describing how Igbos are caught for fraud.

Not forgetting your infamous BABY FACTORIES!cheesy

How many of your nephews and nieces have you sold? Gosh! Doesn't your conscience prick you?!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

[highlight]
You are a stray dog and I am putting you in your place.

My attack on you began when you dared to opine that Christemmbassy's grammatical shortcomings were as a result of him ALWAYS SPEAKING IBIBIO.

That was a TRIBAL slur and you are paying for it. The Igbos who dared to spew invectives albeit subtly paid for it.

In my history on Nairaland, I have always stayed away from tribal wranglings but this direct insult on my people was one-too-many. Playing the victim won't help you. The feigned allegiance and alliance are off. That ship sailed when you created this half-truth of a thread.

I won't stop my attacks on you until you acknowledge you are in no place to rewrite the history of other people that was already written.

Drunken fleabag! Your pseudo-intelligence is what I am laying bare. Scrubbing your masked falsified hogwash and leaving the fibres of your shame glaring.

I am serving you your own medicine by insulting your people in return. Two can play, right?

Hopefully you'd find solace in 'Sapele water'. You always do, don't you? Dementia--ravaged Neanderthal!

[/b]

Since I have seen that you are only here to incite tribalistic innuendos, I have decided to become the bigger brother and ignore your call for tribalistic tantrums entirely. This is not an acknowledgement of defeat, in fact, this is the defeat itself because you are just too blind and myopic for me. This argument has left the trail of reason that I enjoyed to a tribalistic war! You have brought Igbo, Urhobo and now "Sapele" into this.
Urhobos are peace loving people and to prove that to you, I will ignore you and leave you to your own machinations and devices. Hatred has so clouded your reasoning that I just have to pity you. Arguing with you wont solve this problem. You have proven yourself to be silly. I suggest you have an existential cogitation and look at where you are coming from. Examine your people and be more like them. AkwaCross people are not known for violence and tribalism as I have witnessed on this thread. However, I still wont judge the good people of AkwaCross because of your likes on this thread. Say no to xenophobia! Go and sin NO MORE!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Scared of quoting your lexical god, huh? I always best you litluns. I can even provide a link of me ridiculing you tactically and laying waste to your claims with facts till you cowered in submission.

"Litluns" or "Littluns". Kindly take that Oxford Dictionary for Kids you so cherish and flip through its pages for the correct spelling of this word you so love to use as a lexical description of your delusion of grandeur. You should know, since you claim to read CLASSICS, that delusional characters are tragic heroes who, by the curse of the gods or their own hubris and hamartia, end up losing everything they hold dear! You remind me of Macbeth, Othello, Julius Caesar, Hamlet, Faustus, and all the tragic heroes I can conjure. One thing ties all of you together, IT NEVER ENDS WELL!!! Even these tragic characters have more dignity than you do!
I wont argue with you on language again because it is crystal clear, like the MEME, MEME, TEKEL, UPHARSIN, that you are a troubled lad with no grasp on language and decorum whatsoever! I would love to see those links where you defeated people, as claimed, till they cowered in submission! That is if you can even do that, because it has been established here that you are a nobody and you fear that your privacy as such should be tampered with.

You have home trouble bro. You are not well. "Lexical god" indeed! Keep ranting, I'll keep putting you in your place.!

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
princesslucy83:
Efik: Categorised as Riverain Ibibio. This dialect is spoken by the Efik people of Cross-River State. Although it is a dialect of Ibibio, Efik is recognised as a distinct ethnic nationality in Nigeria! This is why Ibibio people from Cross-River State are referred to as Efik/Ibibio or Ibibio-Efik people. This dialect is also studied at tertiary institutions in Cross Rivers State. Efik is spoken widely in Calabar, the Cross River State capital as a central language. The Efik dialect is mutually intelligible with Ibibio. In fact, inexperienced listeners and speakers will conclude that Efik and Ibibio are exactly the same. While they are intelligible, variations exist in the language that other the native speakers themselves can truly spot. The Efik King, the Obong of Calabar, is a first class ruler that is seen as the Efik most paramount monarch.

OP, Please do your research well. there is nothing like Riverian Ibibio knows as Efik. there is also nothing like Ibibio people from Cross River State.
Good you mention that the EFIK KING IS A FIRST CLASS RULER what class is an Ibibio ruler?

I beg you brother! Let's drop this issue. Too much bad blood has already been spilt. I apologise if I said something in a bag light! Efik is a member of the same linguistic cluster as Ibibio! That is all I said and all I will always say. Let's leave the other issues to those who are troubled! I know you are not.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Jewelbaby01(f): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
I want to correct something op. There is nothing like efik-ibibio or ibibio-efik, we have efik language for the efiks and Ibibio language for the ibibios. The efik language is the major language spoken in Cross River State, while Ibibio is the major language spoken in Akwa-Ibom State. Akwa-Ibom State was created out of Cross River State on the 23rd of September 1987, though the efik and Ibibio languages sound similar, there is so much difference in the pronunciations and meanings of the words. The ibibios are not efiks please, they are Akwaibomites, the efiks are the Crossriverians, take note please. And for the record, Ibibio, Anang, Eket and Oron are all one, they make up Akwaibom state which is presently the richest, neatest and finest state in Nigeria. You can hate if you want, just saying the truth as it is. ...straight face

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
DerKaiser:

Lol.

A lexical god that writes "opportunists" as "oppurtunists"

Sometimes you gotta love these self acclaimed "smarties" who come off dumber the more they talk.

You write like a kid. A bunch of disjointed ramblings that make little sense. You are better off munching away all your house pets in the name of delicacies.

All the monkeys and baboons in the Akwa-ibom and cross river jungle habitat are on an extinction course because of your voracious and inhuman appetite for nasty animals. Cave men.

While an average onitsha man may find it difficult to differentiate between the two alphabets R and L, he at least can boast of an intelligible language whose syllables could be picked out word for word.

The problem is that your so called language is not even a language to begin with. It is just a combination of really disgusting sounding noises put together to create an illusion of a language, no syllables, no intonations. Get the phuck outta here with that nonsense.

Our women have high dowries so that wretched things like your people could be waded off. Our women are beyond your grasp. They are famed for being among the most intelligent and beautiful on the African continent so it is only right that queens be reserved for kings and not stunted, dog eating savages called "calabar" men.

Your women on the other hand are worthless and utterly useless. Only good as house-helps, restaurant or drinking bar attendants and ashawos.

Come to europe or Houston and watch Igbo boys passing your girls around like fliers, 2 for the price of 1. Something you can never try with Igbo women.

Which female achievers have your people ever recorded since the inception of this godforsaken contraption called Nigeria? None. Zero. You phools always have to hide behind the Igbos in order to have any sense of self worth.

Your Uyo has nothing. Even with your 100 percent oil derivation, you people are still wretched as phuck. Your women are still being enslaved as maids and your mens' best profession is still riding okada. Aren't you ashamed?

Talking about building a Niger Delta State, please do not make me laugh. You as an Ibibio man has been wholly rejected by your peers and called sub-human right here on this thread, in the full glare of the world so who exactly do you think you are fooling?

You lack an identity and can't even maintain a single state and you are talking about a country with the same OP, an Urhobo man, that you have been going at since this thread was created. Boy are you dense or what?

By the way, you are not fooling anybody with your juvenile sounding grammar, that most times makes no sense. Lexical god indeed. More like a failed Patrick Obiahagbon who wasted his life soaking up the dictionary. You really sound dense with every reply you post.

Get lost you lazy, worthless, dog and monkey munching piece of s.hit. Crawl back into your jungle. You have more malnourished innocent kids to butcher in the name of exorcism.

Shameless people with no identity or stand.

Igbos will forever be your Gods and dominate every aspect of your existence. Unfortunately you can't wish us away. You are at our backyard so we can bring it any day.

Thank you for putting him in his place. He has delusions of grandeur! He is a much troubled individual.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jewelbaby01:
I want to correct something op. There is nothing like efik-ibibio or ibibio-efik, we have efik language for the efiks and Ibibio language for the ibibios. The efik language is the major language spoken in Cross River State, while Ibibio is the major language spoken in Akwa-Ibom State. Akwa-Ibom State was created out of Cross River State on the 23rd of September 1987, though the efik and Ibibio languages sound similar, there is so much difference in the pronunciations and meanings of the words. The ibibios are not efiks please, they are Akwaibomites, the efiks are the Crossriverians, take note please. And for the record, Ibibio, Anang, Eket and Oron are all one, they make up Akwaibom state which is presently the richest, neatest and finest state in Nigeria. You can hate if you want, just saying the truth as it is. ...straight face

We have already flogged this issue too much. Kindly go through the previous posts!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
daemonville:
Sowell is only attempting to clear the erroneous conception that the Oro region is an extension of Ibibio land, though he is not going about it properly. The Oro people have a very different and unique/distinctive origin, they migrated from upper camerouns at a time long before the ibibio's migrated to modern day Akwa Ibom, the Oro people share more in common with the Efiks than the Ibibios. Peaceful coexistence and intermarriage has over the years forged a strong and common bond among this indigent ethnic groups in Akwa Ibom/Cross River to a point whereby the dialects intermingle. If u research the family tree of the Ibibios and the Oros, you will understand that they are brothers by association not by kinship. As regards Oil, given the fact that Oro is on the bank of the Atlantic Ocean and having a very huge chunks of territorial rights, offshore oil in that territorial waters fall in d domain of the Oro people, thus making them the biggest Oil producing region in the Delta. Fratermathy, thanks for your write up, we indigent Ibibios/Oros will contribute to it positively.

smiley I appreciate your comment!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Goodboiy:
fratermathy sorry I couldn't contribute to this thread yesterday. ,I saw your Mention in my other moniker but I couldn't Reply because Se-un and his mod place a ban on me because I told them they are moving trash to FP..onovio nor b small battle oo.. atleast the Thread Hit FP.. am happy with that grin

These mods nor funny at all. To talk true na problem again? Anyway, welcome back bro!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
[/color]
Who wan follow u drag popularity, na food ne? Ur always on d edge, always on d defense, brag unnecessarily n u use ur big grammar to cover up ur inferiority complex,.. No bi so life be hmmm take a chill pill no one is out for you.

I brag a lot 'cause I can back it up. wink
It's no fault of mine that you litluns are intimidated by my typo-eloquence, is it?
I understand I make you halfwits feel inferior.

I suggest you do more reading than preening.wink

Pint- size,

I'm done with this exchange.
I'm interested in bigger fish.

Maybe if you Igbos had enough guts you'd have challenged those who ransacked, pillaged and seized your properties. Maybe you would have challenged the 20 Pounds payment!

No, like Ojukwu, you all are cowards!

From thence, the Igbos resorted to fraud, money rituals and other such crimes to survive!

You are worth nothing! Alright, you have £20 ! grin

Of course you'd give up. INFAMOUS COWARDS!

"Litluns" Oh Grammarian the GREAT! We bow before your feet! cheesy
You are so delusional bro. I am sure you were assaulted as a young boy and consequently brainwashed into believing you are something special. I just dont have the time to analyse your syntactic and grammatical errors since this argument ensued. I'd consider using them as samples for my next academic research paper on discourse analysis.

Have you ever wondered why you are the ONLY IBIBIO here insulting and fighting Igbos? Please think about your future! I dont see it being too bright.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I've got countless pictures of your erosion-ravaged homeland. Even Somalia looks relatively picture-esque compared to your gully terrains.cheesy

I've got countless newslinks describing how Igbos are caught for fraud.

Not forgetting your infamous BABY FACTORIES!cheesy

How many of your nephews and nieces have you sold? Gosh! Doesn't your conscience prick you?!

It is often said that a man who believes that where he comes from is devoid of things he sees in the place he visits is as blind as Adam on the first day of creation. There is no utopia or Eldorado in Nigeria! You do not know when the rain began to beat you! Do not unearth the worms in a termite's mound when you stay under the ground!

This thread was meant to uplift the rich cultural complexity and linguistic peculiarity of the good AkwaCross people and you SINGLEHANDEDLY turned it into a verbal war of wits, a tribalistic cesspool and a veritable means of egotistical paranoia through your violent tantrums and delusions of grandeur. You have spoilt your own image, reputation and intellectual congruity. I used to think you were one of the sane people on Nairaland until yesterday. There was someone I handled in my earlier thread on Ijaw People, an ethnocentrically warped individual named Omonnakoda! Kindly locate him and ask him how far we went or even better, locate the thread and go through its pages!!! I am not new to people like you who think yourselves superior and special. I love to psychologically deconstruct your types as much as I do same to Okonkwo, Obi, Ezeulu, Kambili, etc in literary analyses. Afflatus scorns upon you! Aridon has waged a war with your half-baked wittedness. The Spirit of the Age shall make sure you and your types are forever lost to the faceless computers housing Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

You are so delusional bro. I am sure you were assaulted as a young boy and consequently brainwashed into believing you are something special

It's "you're so delusional , bro" not "you're delusional bro".

smiley
I just dont have the time to analyse your syntactic and grammatical errors since this argument ensued. I'd consider using them as samples for my next academic research paper on discourse analysis.

It's "DON'T" not "DONT".

It's "COMMENCED" not "ENSUED". Now worship KingSlay!

Have you ever wondered why you are the ONLY IBIBIO here insulting and fighting Igbos? Please think about your future! I []dont[/b] see it being too bright.

Again, it's "DON'T" not "DONT".

I cursed them out so badly that they've retreated to their caves.

See my future? How can an orangutan who gulps 'Sapele water' CONSTANTLY see clearly?

First things first, get your destitute, drug-addicted siblings into rehab.cheesy
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

You are so delusional bro. I am sure you were assaulted as a young boy and consequently brainwashed into believing you are something special

smiley
I just dont have the time to analyse your syntactic and grammatical errors since this argument ensued. I'd consider using them as samples for my next academic research paper on discourse analysis.

It's "DON'T" not "DONT".

Have you ever wondered why you are the ONLY IBIBIO here insulting and fighting Igbos? Please think about your future! I []dont[/b] see it being too bright.

See my future? How can an orangutan who gulps 'Sapele water' CONSTANTLY see clearly?

First things first, get your destitute, drug-addicted siblings into rehab.cheesy

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It's "you're so delusional , bro" and not "you're delusional bro".

smiley

It's "DON'T" not "DONT".

You are back for more! I am ready to shove it down your anal cavity!

"So" is an adjunct in a sentence and hence it has the function of multiplicity and mobility. This means it can appear anywhere as well as be done away with entirely! I chose not to use it as a filler!

"Dont" is not an error. I chose not to put the sign of contraction as much as you have done in earlier posts! It makes for a faster informal conversation.

"Commenced" and "Ensued" are complementary pairs that can grammatically and semantically stand for each other. Kindly refer to sense relations and complementary distribution.

In essence, NONE of the issues you raised are as glaringly enmeshed into a cesspool of grammatical deviations as yours have. A word of advice, do not attempt to perform an error analysis when you commit errors beyond redeemability! You keep making errors and when I point them, YOU SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT and attempt to digress by picking out something YOU ARE NOT USED YOU! How CLASSIC of you! I know your type. You think you are clever! I am here to debunk that to the whole world.

When next you want to point out someone's errors, make sure you argue authoritatively and with proof on what makes them errors! You know NOTHING of ENGLISH LANGUAGE and I'll keep reminding you about that.

Once again, you have derailed into tribal slurs and appellations which I WONT RETURN! You can keep hitting a cul-de-sac on this issue.

Your scribbles remind me of a boy I once knew as my student a few years ago! He had the intellectual capacity of a fish and believes himself to be devoid of errors! Whenever I see your comments, I relish in the memories of the delusional boy.

KingSlay my teeth! I have told you; you can NEVER EVER EVER beat me in ANYTHING! However, unlike you, I am not delusional! I'll keep my calm and put you in your position even if it means that this thread will end in 300 pages or more.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

smiley

It's "DON'T" not "DONT".

Mr English, answer this as I usually answer mine:
What is the grammatical implication of the "out" in your quoted utterance below:
"I cursed them out so badly"

Ngwanu! Food don ready. English Master! Serve it for ALL OF US. Let me see how well you know ENGLISH and how you can dodge this. Every one of our spectators here would agree that I flog EVERY grammatical issue you spot satisfactorily because YOU CANNOT WIN ME on this matter! Let us see how you satisfactorily answer this.

By the way, I am still waiting for your call to contest! Bring your writings and recordings and let them be reviewed!

Even in correction, you fall into a trap of your own gambit. Dont worry, "Abasi is your akpobi" cool
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

It is often said that a man who believes that where he comes from is devoid of things he sees in the place he visits is as blind as Adam on the first day of creation. There is no utopia or Eldorado in Nigeria! You do not know when the rain began to beat you! Do not unearth the worms in a termite's mound when you stay under the ground!

You should have thought about your sentimental hogwash when you, a servile URHOBO sloth, dared to dabble into and rewrite the history of the Akwa-Cross people.
Such audacious insult.

You should have to manipulating the history of YOUR people! That you posted half-truths as our authentic history and even continued to argue with us about OUR history depicts your arrogance.

This thread was meant to uplift the rich cultural complexity and linguistic peculiarity of the good AkwaCross people

You are in position to create a thread about our history!
and you SINGLEHANDEDLY turned it into a verbal war of wits, a tribalistic cesspool and a veritable means of egotistical paranoia through your violent tantrums and delusions of grandeur.

Dyslexic marsupial, it's "LEXICAL" not "VERBAL". It's typewritten and not spoken.cheesy
You have spoilt your own image, reputation and intellectual congruity. I used to think you were one of the sane people on Nairaland until yesterday.

Who cares about your pseudo-sanctimonious online persona?! I am real. I am no hypocrite. I state my opinions bluntly without being vague.

I don't crave for friends or women like you do. I have a very functional SOCIAL LIFE offline. You seek verification of your banal existence here.
There was someone I handled in my earlier thread on Ijaw People, an ethnocentrically warped individual named Omonnakoda! Kindly locate him and ask him how far we went or even better, locate the thread and go through its pages!!! I am not new to people like you who think yourselves superior and special. I love to psychologically deconstruct your types as much as I do same to Okonkwo, Obi, Ezeulu, Kambili, etc in literary analyses. Afflatus scorns upon you! Aridon has waged a war with your half-baked wittedness. The Spirit of the Age shall make sure you and your types are forever lost to the faceless computers housing Nairaland!

Let get this straight:

I update my pictures regularly but you don't.

Everyone knows my full names, yours is vague.

I interact with countless Nairalanders off-Nairaland.

I put up my personal details but no one knows yours.

Pray tell, who is THE FACELESS _fool if not you?

Have you wondered how easy it seemed to have lexically-slayed countless Igbos on this thread?

May blowflies breed in your nostrils while vultures make a feast of you!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You should have thought about your sentimental hogwash when you, a servile URHOBO sloth, dared to dabble into and rewrite the history of the Akwa-Cross people.
Such audacious insult.

You should have to manipulating the history of YOUR people! That you posted half-truths as our authentic history and even continued to argue with us about OUR history depicts your arrogance.

Dyslexic marsupial, it's "LEXICAL" not "VERBAL". It's typewritten and not spoken.cheesy

Who cares about your pseudo-sanctimonious online persona?! I am real. I am no hypocrite. I state my opinions bluntly without being vague.

I don't crave for friends or women like you do. I have a very functional SOCIAL LIFE offline. You seek verification of your banal existence here.

Let get this straight:

Have you wondered how easy it seemed to have lexically-slayed countless Igbos on this thread?

Once again, I am ready! You've still not answered my previous post. A sign that you are not as grandiose as you claim to be in language.

You have insulted URHOBO people again! I will still not reciprocate that gesture. You know that Urhobos are not like you! Have you seen any Urhobo answering you? That itself is self-explanatory. cheesy

According to the DICTIONARY you so love to use as a reference point, Verbal is defined as "relating to or in the form of words." -Barack-O-Dullard! You have unearthed your dimwittedness once again grin. I am sure the only knowledge of Grammar you know is the dichotomy between typed and oral verbal renditions since that is where ALL YOUR GRAMMATICAL "ERROR ANALYSES" COMES FROM. I just love seeing you fool yourself each time you try to spot errors! You think I just started speaking or writing English! "Na Today E don tey!!!". You try to correct others when you have no proper grasp of the language yourself!!! So much for a slayer. !Efulefu No 1 of Ibibioland.

If you are not afraid of your own self, kindly post your name and let others make a proper research on both our names and see who turns up better! cool My name is on my profile! Who ARE YOU? undecided

Faceless ingrate like you! A troll from the depths of senselessness. I am not done with you yet.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Such audacious insult.

Let get this straight:

The English Master, I have another grammatical work for you based on your speech:
"You are in position to create a thread about our history!"
Tell me what is wrong with this utterance? Meanwhile, thank you for commending my dexterity.

"I don't crave for friends or women like you do"
Do you think I am like you? See what comes to your mind!!! A man's thought surmises his actions.

You know nothing and yet claim to be king! Well, I wouldn't blame you. They say in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is KING! You really need to check those people around you! They are just too dull. They make you believe you are the best there is! Mingle more with intellectuals and learn a few things instead of ranting verbously and illogically.

Once again, tell us who you are or at the very least, give us a sample of your intellectual writings and let others be the judge! You say no one knows mine. Check the first page of this thread! My name and email are there. Check my profile, my book cover is there! As for you, what proof do we have that it is not your estranged girlfriend that gives you all your mentally deranged nonsensical ideas that closely resemble those conjured by a troubled toddler? undecided Delusional buffoon! Faceless NOBODY! I'll put you in your place even if that is all I'll do. For every point you raise, I'll flog you ten times over! For every sneeze, I'll cough! You have seen NOTHING! Go and ask Omonnakoda about me.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by spiralwedge(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

She is right!

Her language belongs to the same AkwaCross family but is not directly Ibiboid.

I just read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_River_(state)

You tried, especially as an outsider, but you mix a lot of things up.

And Niger-Congo language family is much more appropriate than AkwaCross.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
spiralwedge:

I just read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_River_(state)

You tried, especially as an outsider, but you mix a lot of things up.

And Niger-Congo language family is much more appropriate than AkwaCross.

Thank you for pointing that out. We learn everyday!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

The English Master, I have another grammatical work for you based on your speech:
"You are in position to create a thread about our history!"
Tell me what is wrong with this utterance? Meanwhile, thank you for commending my dexterity.

"I don't crave for friends or women like you do"
Do you think I am like you? See what comes to your mind!!! A man's thought surmises his actions.

You know nothing and yet claim to be king! Well, I wouldn't blame you. They say in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is KING! You really need to check those people around you! They are just too dull. They make you believe you are the best there is! Mingle more with intellectuals and learn a few things instead of ranting verbously and illogically.
Sir, with all due respect, I advise you stop wasting your time on Thesonofmark/thesonofawhore. That boy has a disfunctional brain. He resides in a world of his own. No one takes him seriously. He has been severally disgraced on NL. The below links attest to that: http://www.nairalandp.com/2516147/hasnt-seen-see-what-chinese https://www.nairaland.com/1156958/nl-rap-battles-chatroom/730 Engaging him further would only lead to a significant reduction in your IQ.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Such audacious insult.

Let get this straight:

Once again, Mr English Master, analyse this:
"Let get this straight"

What is wrong with this utterance?

He who has a log in his eyes and wants to point the toothpick in another's mouth.

I laugh at your dimwittedness. You ought to know that you should do a proper cleanup and editing if you want to attack other people's grammatical constructions that are correct! I told you and I reiterate henceforth, YOU CANNOT BEAT ME in ENGLISH LANGUAGE! Better rest your case or I'll keep embarrassing you ad infinitum.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
DarrkkRebel:

Sir, with all due respect, I advise you stop wasting your time on Thesonofmark/thesonofawhore. That boy has a disfunctional brain. He resides in a world of his own. No one takes him seriously. He has been severally disgraced on NL. The below links attest to that: http://www.nairalandp.com/2516147/hasnt-seen-see-what-chinese https://www.nairaland.com/1156958/nl-rap-battles-chatroom/730 Engaging him further would only lead to a significant reduction in your IQ.

Thank you for giving me proof that he is virtually a deranged fellow! I'll tread carefully until he falls into his own machinations.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by free37: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
See all the arguments......sad, very sad.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

Thank you for giving me proof that he is virtually a deranged fellow! I'll tread carefully until he falls into his own machinations.
You're welcome. This is just me carrying out my civic responsibilities as a compatroit of our great Nigeria. With all pleasure, I will.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by shaboti: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
DerKaiser:

Guy no make me vex honestly. For how long would you keep coveting people who have nothing but disdain for you? Aren't you guys ever tired of that s.hit?

The thread was going on and I saw some Igbo monikers reading and moving on or watching from the side line as they tore each other to shreds. I was there from the inception of this thread.

For no justifiable reason, the son of an eaten dog called sonofmark or whatever began throwing subtle jabs at Igbos, talking s.hit.

I decided that if every Igbo would ignore him, I will not.

Anyway the happenings of recent on this site with every godforsaken and irrelevant idiot trying to gang up on the Igbos have rekindled my inner hatred and prejudice and I will go in for the kill anytime I happen to come across any shades thrown our way.

Anybody can get it. No sacred cows.

The question is, where do you stand?

You just watched this animal called sonofmark tell you right in your face that they used and dumped you and you are still sulking up to them.

Where is your allegiance really?
bless you brother.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Such audacious insult.

Let get this straight:

Mr English King, yet another work for you:
"You should have to manipulating the history of YOUR people!"

Find what is wrong with this utterance! KingSlayer!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow before thee! Your English would make a kid with down syndrome exclaim in agony! Your blunders can make a deaf go blind! Your English reeks of immaturity and inability to grasp basic grammatical concepts. I am sure you must have written your GST Use of English for 8 years before you even attained this pitiable level of mastery!

Once again, Mr. Kingslayer, come and defend your "ENGLISHES"!!!

He who knows not how to construct simple utterances yet attacks the correct ones he is not familiar with. Like I said, YOU CAN NEVER EVER EVER BEAT ME IN ENGLISH. Even your brightest(as dull as they'd be) future children wouldn't DARE!

I know you would soon zero in on another construction of mine soon and in so doing, you'd unveil your own inability to construct English like a rational being. I am always ready for you! You've boarded the wrong bus! Like I said, those you've come in contact with before now are not ME! Even Sweetlemon and Christemmbassey have abandoned you to your own devices. I will wire you all day, all night till you cry home to your mum and confess your wizardry to your Obong.

If you like, dodge this one too as you have dodged the others! Everyone is watching you make a parody of yourself! English PROFESSIONAL No 1 of Africa!
"Ekwensu romancing mammy-water! Onyoshi"

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by BreezyRita(f): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
pryd:

Awww wonderful people, very amiable and affectionate. grin wink

errrm sweerie how can I make them my "direct in-laws"? smiley

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? cheesy kiss

Yes, I am.
You've got to meet one of em 'shape-like-coca-cola' Ibibio girls na tongue gringrin
Need introductions? tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.