Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken (70192 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:15am On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

"By my Lecturer"? grin

It is well, I guess you can surmise the plot of The Tale of Genji for me then! Since you have read CLASSICS!

Tell me the role THE TALE OF GENJI plays in WORLD LITERATURE and I'd take you serious. I give you a few minutes to do this and do not GOOGLE. cheesy

You want to switch to literature now!!! Lets ride... cool

Dimwit, with a fast internet connection, anyone could copy and paste stuffs to seem intelligent.cheesy

You hinted at novels and I asked you to dare me on famed novels. Next you ask me to research your seminar topic.cheesy

If you had a brain the size of a bug, you'd realize that CLASSIC and CLASSICS are different.

A CLASSIC NOVEL (time-tested) ,like Hadley Chase's novel, is different from CLASSICS as a genre.cheesy

Gosh! Who taught you?

You can try to cover your error. I'd like to see you try.grin
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:17am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Dimwit, with a fast internet connection, anyone could copy and paste stuffs to seem intelligent.cheesy

You hinted at novels and I asked you to dare me on famed novels. Next you ask me to research your seminar topic.cheesy

If you had a brain the size of a bug, you'd realize that CLASSIC and CLASSICS are different.

A CLASSIC NOVEL (time-tested) ,like Hadley Chase's novel, is different from CLASSICS as a genre.cheesy

Gosh! Who taught you?

You want to go back to Semantics again! Maybe this time I will teach you Referential, Pragmatic and Ideational Meanings! grin

Feel free to ask what they mean.

Knowledge is free.

So as not to say I dodged you as you always do when at the other end, Mr. TheSonOfMark, the issue of "Classic" and "Classics" has nothing to do with the novels you just listed. You called them "classic" and I have no objection to that appellation. Timetestedness has little or nothing and I repeat, little or nothing, to do with a work being a classic! If it were so, Thomas Shadwell's poems would be called classics.

Google that out too. smiley

Your understanding, Mr TheSonOfMark, is very myopic on this subject matter and you make yourself sound like a gypsy who just entered kindergarten after 20 years in solitary confinement.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:29am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Gosh! Who taught you?

In other not to leave you in a state of hullabaloo, I'd define "A Classic" for you:

A classic is an outstanding example of a particular style, something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality and usually associated for avantgardism. A classic is an archetype of its genre.

This, Mr. TheSonOfMark, is different from Literary Classics which essentially form a canon of their own such as the Western Canon of Literary Classics to which works by Jane Austen, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Emily Dickinson, Daniel Defoe, William Shakespeare, etc etc belong to.

All the works you listed apart from those by Soyinka, Amadi and Achebe, are neither avantgarde nor stylistically peculiar. Hence, I negate that appellation you have discriminately wrapped upon them. If you say they are classics of the Popular Literary Genre or of ANY genre at all, I may look away. Dont leave the term vague.

Knowledge is free!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:29am On Nov 03, 2015
somegirl1:

Actually the reason they have nothing against you is because you aren't and have never been dominant.
You are not perceived as a threat by any major group in Nigeria. It's a safe place to be, however safe is not always a good thing.
It's a shameful thing that you couldn't achieve your cause, that is secession, and then come together, united people that you are to show the disunited Igbos who is boss.
A rather cowardly reason to back out.
Together, you could have defeated Igbos and even have renamed Owerri - New Ikot Abasi or New Calabar.

Speaking of midgets, Igbos are taller on the average than Akwacrossians. Fact.

We knew the Igbos are parasites (like the rest of Nigeria) only craving OUR OIL.

Every tribe hates Igbos,not just Yorubas.wink
There's a reason why everyone terms IGBOS as "FRAUDSTERS".cheesy You are thieves.

Igbos bring nothing to the table yet they want BIAFRA with us so they can share from our bounties.

They call you "FLAT HEADS". So true. Flat heads, protruding stomachs and squat build.cheesy No wonder a version of your confused history states YOU CAME FROM CONGO. PYGMIES, anyone?grin

You are thieves. Akpabio used you to be Minority Leader and he dumped you.wink
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by koolkamzzy(m): 1:40am On Nov 03, 2015
I never knew this Oron people are so pained. Well who wouldn't be? When you claim to be a slave master but being overrun by your slave.

At OP, I bet you have been schooled. Next time you see an anang man, don't go calling him Ibibio cos those people don't play with their cutlass, if you think I'm joking, as their Igbo neighbours.

As for the efik, I can understand their argument. Though I'm of the ibibio speaking tribe, but I think the efik is the most accepted general language of the Akwa-Cross.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:41am On Nov 03, 2015
spiralwedge:
My friend from ikom L. G. in Cross River state who speaks ofutop says she isnt efik nor ibibio.

What saith thou?

She is right!

Her language belongs to the same AkwaCross family but is not directly Ibiboid.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:43am On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

Your understanding, Mr The.SonOf.Mark, is very myopic on this subject matter and you make yourself sound like a gypsy who just entered kindergarten after 20 years in solitary confinement.

Firstly, your definition of "CLASSIC" corroborates my earlier assertion. All the Novelists I listed have written CLASSIC novels.cheesy

Secondly, you can't opine that I "SOUND LIKE". My replies were/are TYPEWRITTEN and NOT SPOKEN OR VOICED.cheesy

Lastly, GYPSIES are NOMADIC so why opine that A GYPSY IS IN CONFINEMENT?cheesy

It pleases me to teach you.smiley
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:45am On Nov 03, 2015
koolkamzzy:
I never knew this Oron people are so pained. Well who wouldn't be? When you claim to be a slave master but being overrun by your slave.

At OP, I bet you have been schooled. Next time you see an anang man, don't go calling him Ibibio cos those people don't play with their cutlass, if you think I'm joking, as their Igbo neighbours.

As for the efik, I can understand their argument. Though I'm of the ibibio speaking tribe, but I think the efik is the most accepted general language of the Akwa-Cross.

Yes sire. Even if you take a look at my writeup on Efik, I said it. Just see it there. I said Efik is an ETHNIC NATIONALITY of its own.

My angst with most here is that they are allowing sentiments cloud their judgements of facts. My article spoke from a purely linguistic point of view and that is why the article title states dialect!

However, like you said, I've been schooled on ALOT OF THINGS concerning THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE that hitherto, I thought were very calmly disposed.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:46am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Firstly, your definition of "CLASSIC" corroborates my earlier assertion. All the Novelists I listed have written CLASSIC novels.cheesy

Secondly, you can't opine that I "SOUND LIKE". My replies were/are TYPEWRITTEN and NOT SPOKEN OR VOICED.cheesy

Lastly, GYPSIES are NOMADIC so why opine that A GYPSY IS IN CONFINEMENT?cheesy

You dont even understand sarcasm. Chei! Even you too? How low of you!!!

Dont bring this semantic issue again. I have already whooped you here before now.
Have you heard of primacy of oracy in written speech?
You should have learnt by now that you cant beat me in English! No matter how long and how well you think you have done. You just cant, Mr. TheSonOfMark.

You have avoided all my earlier questions on Grammar, Literature and on this subject matter and yet you are quick to repeat the same errors that prompted the said questions and suggestions. How logical your brain works.

Google it! cool

I NEVER Collaborated your assertions, instead, I unearthed your solitary inspired gypsy mentality.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:53am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

[b]Lastly, GYPSIES are NOMADIC so why opine that A GYPSY IS IN CONFINEMENT?cheesy

[/b]

I am sure YOU HAVE NEVER read a line of poetry in your entire life. I know your type!
If you have done so, you wont be asking me your first question.

"TheSonOfMark sounds like a silly troll"

Negate this utterance and provide a grammatical framework for such negation?

This is about the 3rd, if not more, work I've given you that you have "gypsically" eluded!

You are so egotistical that you actually think you are winning this fight!
Nemo iudex in causa sua!

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by koolkamzzy(m): 1:54am On Nov 03, 2015
No doubt I have learnt a lot from the arguments on your thread. Even those you thought were your brothers are more of an enemy. In actual fact, I never knew we had Masters and Slaves in the same state! shocked

fratermathy:

Yes sire. Even if you take a look at my writeup on Efik, I said it. Just see it there. I said Efik is an ETHNIC NATIONALITY of its own.

My angst with most here is that they are allowing sentiments cloud their judgements of facts. My article spoke from a purely linguistic point of view and that is why the article title states dialect!

However, like you said, I've been schooled on ALOT OF THINGS concerning THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE that hitherto, I thought were very calmy disposed.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:57am On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

You dont even understand sarcasm. Chei! Even you too? How low of you!!!

Dont bring the semantic issue again. I have already whooped you here before now.

Have you heard of primacy of oracy in written speech?

Google it! cool

I NEVER Collaborated your assertions, instead, I unearthed your solitary inspired gypsy mentality.

Every time you are cornered with the truth speared in your face, you resort to put your stale, cliched defense of "sarcasm".

Simpleton, I reiterate that it's impossible to SOUND via TYPEWRITTEN MEDIUM.

GYPSIES are carefree, happy-go-lucky persons. "CONFINEMENT" in your context depicts "SOCIAL RECLUSION" which isn't gypsy-esque.

"CAVEMAN" would have gone well with "CONFINEMENT".

You really are featherbrained.grin
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Divepen1(m): 2:02am On Nov 03, 2015
hhhmmm
hhmmm
Download my book for free at
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172#
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Every time you are cornered with the truth speared in your face, you resort to put your stale, cliched defense of "sarcasm".

GYPSIES are carefree, happy-go-lucky persons. "CONFINEMENT" in your context depicts "SOCIAL RECLUSION" which isn't gypsy-esque.

Like I said before, too much dependence on lexical semantics is your undoing. This is why people fail exams and blame bad grades on witches!

Impossible to SOUND via TYPEWRITTEN MEDIUM!!! Yet it is possible to state a sound through it right? Write me a tale about an engine room without "SOUNDING"! You think you know English so well right? Just construct a simple sentence on the above.

GYPSIES and their denotations have nothing to do with my connotations! Once again, lexical semantics!!!! You are like the stale machine that "G-I-G-O" without any form of fluidity whatsoever. Maybe a reading of Wole Soyinka's "Telephone Conversation" can give you some sense tonight. Go and tell Soyinka that he cannot describe the SOUND of buttons and voices via WRITTEN MEDIUM. I laugh at your dimwitteness.!!!!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Like I said before, too much dependence on lexical semantics is your undoing. This is why people fail exams and blame bad grades on witches!

Impossible to SOUND via TYPEWRITTEN MEDIUM!!! Yet it is possible to state a sound through it right? Write me a tale about an engine room without "SOUNDING"! You think you know English so well right? Just construct a simple sentence on the above.

GYPSIES and their denotations have nothing to do with my connotations! Once again, lexical semantics!!!! You are like the stale machine that "G-I-G-O" without any form of fluidity whatsoever. Maybe a reading of Wole Soyinka's "Telephone Conversation" can give you some sense tonight. Go and tell Soyinka that he cannot describe the SOUND of buttons and voices via WRITTEN MEDIUM. I laugh at your dimwittedness.!!!!
TheSonOfMark:

GYPSIES and their denotations have nothing to do with my connotations! Once again, lexical semantics!!!! You are like the stale machine that "G-I-G-O" without any form of fluidity whatsoever. Maybe a reading of Wole Soyinka's "Telephone Conversation" can give you some sense tonight. Go and tell Soyinka that he cannot describe the SOUND of buttons and voices via WRITTEN MEDIUM.
I laugh at your dimwittedness.!!!!

Just accept this simple fact! You do not understand the linguistic and literary resourcefulness of the English Language other than what you read in the first few pages of the Oxford Dictionary for Kids.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:06am On Nov 03, 2015
koolkamzzy:
No doubt I have learnt a lot from the arguments on your thread. Even those you thought were your brothers are more of an enemy. In actual fact, I never knew we had Masters and Slaves in the same state! shocked

There's no slave-master relationship amongst the Akwa-Cross people. Just majority and minority.

If you believe we have a Master-Slave relationship, then it's alright for me to believe that Anambrains and Imolites have a Master-Slave relationship based on the e-wars between CHINO11 and ABAGWORO (and their cronies).
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Candyrain(m): 2:08am On Nov 03, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Where you went wrong was calling all of us Ibibios. We are NOT ibibios mbok. Yes we are related, yes we are family, yes we are under one umbrella. Just that we don't have any umbrella name like the Yorubas, Igbos, Hausaa call themselves. Calling all of us Ibibios is like calling all Yorubas Ijebus. That's sacrilege!
So you understand what I'm trying to say now huh?

Hmmm... I understand your argument.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:13am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Your arguments are vain, baseless, and I daresay, plain silly. You have shifted the whole crux of this topic and derailed it beyond its scope. You have insulted yourself, your people, and all that you think you stand for. You have unearthed your incorrigibility, lack of direction and intellectual aridity. You are nothing but a troll and a shadow of it. Here you are, in a thread about your people, mincing words and measuring penile sizes with someone so kindhearted enough to do an expose on your people, however flawed. You are the definition of unappreciation and violence. Your vanity and adamant nature is reminiscent of the fly that dodges a stray bullet only to be killed by the snarl of a broom. Your words and actions are like those of the much fabled witches and wizards of Ibibioland. You seem to negate progress, scholarship and everything expository about you and your people. You have an Oedipian flaw that makes you shield and guide your personality and privacy for the simple truth that you are a nobody and that shall you remain as long as you attack and betray the good Ibibio people, their friends and their lovers! Only a T.B.Joshua can cure you of your affliction and innate hatred for everything positive, intellectual and Ibiboid. In fact, a T.B. Joshua would be disgusted! Only an Olumba Olumba Obu can tolerate your silliness and cure you of your imperial affliction of xenophobia, violence and the hate of progress, peace and stability of the good people of AkwaCross.

I sheath my good words at this juncture, they can be better put to poetic usage and not wasted on you and your calibre of people with a socially fermented and intellectually warped ethnocentric disposition that equals madness mixed with a sense of wizardry and "marijuanism". !!! cool.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by sonnie10: 2:17am On Nov 03, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
nice one there ,though , udara in Ibo is udara in ibibio & not urari #VisitAkwaibom
Some more similarities

God: Efik/Ibibio - Abasi while in Igbo (Onitsha) -Obasi
Rice: Efik/Ibibio - Eresi while in Igbo Orisi
Two: Efik/Ibibio - Iba while in Igbo Ibuo
Three : Efik/Ibibio - Ita while in Igbo Ito
Town: Efik/Ibibio - Obio while in Igbo - Obodo
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:22am On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

Like I said before, too much dependence on lexical semantics is your undoing.

"OPINED" not "SAID". Do I have to keep correcting you? undecided

This is why people fail exams and blame bad grades on witches!

Impossible to SOUND via TYPEWRITTEN MEDIUM!!! Yet it is possible to state a sound through it right?

Marsupial, you can only describe a sound you've heard and not a conversation in TEXT format. You READ my replies, you didn't HEAR them! Gosh!
Write me a tale about an engine room without "SOUNDING"! You think you know English so well right? Just construct a simple sentence on the above.

If I typewrite the tale, I'd only be describing a what I HEARD not READ.cheesy

GYPSIES and their denotations have nothing to do with my connotations! Once again, lexical semantics!!!! You are like the stale machine that "G-I-G-O" without any form of fluidity whatsoever. Maybe a reading of Wole Soyinka's "Telephone Conversation" can give you some sense tonight. Go and tell Soyinka that he cannot describe the SOUND of buttons and voices via WRITTEN MEDIUM.
I laugh at your dimwittedness.!!!!

Just accept this simple fact! You do not understand the linguistic and literary resourcefulness of the English Language other than what you read in the first few pages of the Oxford Dictionary for Kids.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. You know nothing. Oh yes, I have always loved dictionaries and novels. Little wonder why lexical arsenal is feared.wink

I ask, again: How many novels have you read this year?
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by somegirl1: 2:24am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

We knew the Igbos are parasites (like the rest of Nigeria) only craving OUR OIL.

Every tribe hates Igbos,not just Yorubas.wink
There's a reason why everyone terms IGBOS as "FRAUDSTERS".cheesy You are thieves.

Igbos bring nothing to the table yet they want BIAFRA with us so they can share from our bounties.

They call you "FLAT HEADS". So true. Flat heads, protruding stomachs and squat build.cheesy No wonder a version of your confused history states YOU CAME FROM CONGO. PYGMIES, anyone?grin

You are thieves. Akpabio used you to be Minority Leader and he dumped you.wink

A sad attempt at comedy. I barely managed a chuckle.
What would be really funny is hearing you say all that poo in your accent.

8 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:31am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Marsupial, you can only describe a sound you've heard and not a conversation in TEXT format. You READ my replies, you didn't HEAR them! Gosh!

Yadda, yadda, yadda. You know nothing. Oh yes, I have always loved dictionaries and novels. Little wonder why lexical arsenal is feared.wink

I won't bother correcting you again. This is a case of a blind man who is being led by the smell of his own fart.

You've asked me about novels I've read. In only last week, I read a novel EVERY TWO DAYS and I'm that slow because I have a job and a life! You want me to list them too? cheesy

I've SAID it before that you should go and read Soyinka's poems and answer my cumulative questions that you have so obviously eluded. Don't claim to being a boss in English ever again. I can keep teaching you. In fact here's a lesson for you now:
In English, we have grammatical models of analysis ; they include Functional grammar, transformational grammar, immediate constituent analysis, etc. Google them.

Just say the word and I'd keep teaching you, Barack-O-Dullard!

One thing about you that I find foregrounded is your ethnocentric bigotry and ability to derail issues like a WORM. Guess what? I'll keep giving you your salt. cheesy
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:38am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

"Little why lexical arsenal is feared". Whose?

"A What I heard" TheSonOfMark, the grammarian cool

Although, unlike you, I haven't been doting on your mechanics, I find it laughable that an English BOSS NO 1 OF NAIRALAND constructed these utterances. grin
Your siblings who help you edit atleast 80 times have gone to sleep. Huh undecided
How ironic.! "Oya food don don, serve am."
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by DerKaiser: 2:39am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Alright. You want a few home truths? Be my guest!

Igbos are federal pawns - we all use and dump them.

Igbos are so disunited that they turned against their hero, Ojukwu, when he bid to be president in 2003. Heck! The man who antagonized Ojukwu most was Ogbonanya Onu!cheesy

We, the Akwa-Cross people, dumped your BIAFRA CAUSE in 1968 when plans leaked of you scheming to rename UYO to NEW OWERRI. Two-timing oppurtunists!

You should ask yourself why Colonel Philip (Ojukwu's successor and an Ibibio man) surrendered immediately to Nigeria. WE REJECTED BIAFRA.

Why are Igbos always hated?

Why do the Yorubas and Hausas have nothing against the Ibibios!

Maybe Hitler, with time, would have wiped out you pseudo-descendants of Jews.

For the record, Abia State is begging my SG to assist with road constructions.cheesy

Maledict offspring of a leprous midget!

Lol. It is funny that a people whose only national relevance, before the exploration of crude oil, was exporting illiterate houseboys and house girls could even dream of throwing shades towards the Igbos.

Even an intelligible language you people couldn't create and you are talking of nsibidi lol.

If you know how you lot sound to an average intelligent human, you people would abolish the nonsense you call language and start again from scratch.

You people and your culture are so worthless that an entire nation calls you all "calabar" which mind you is just a place and not even one of the lazy ethnic groups you have wallowing away there. Isn't that a shame?

Little wonder why all of you crawled out from your swamps to come and tear each other to shreds on this thread because you lack something as simple as identity. Shameless lot.

Igbos may be hated but every movement they make is feared by weaklings like y'all. That is dominance.

Aren't you ashamed that you are a snitch and proud?

Little kid, hausa or yoruba may have nothing against you but when the chips are down they would still cut you to pieces without hesitation. Doesn't that say much about your self esteem that you have to sulk up and look for acceptance before feeling a single self worth.

At least Igbos know their enemies and always tackle them head on. The question is could you phools do that?

Anyway you people are too tiny and irrelevant to be taken seriously. You are not a threat even to yourselves talk more of the great Igbos who have been taking shots from every godforsaken tribe in Nigeria but still hitting hard.

Get lost and get back to shamelessly clawing each other to shreds.

If your fellow statesman has just called your Ibibio inferior, how do you think I, a thoroughbred Igbo would view you.

Look who is talking about midgets lol

Go to any state in the East or Lagos and watch how your fellow "calabar" men whose only viable profession is Okada riding could barely reach the gear pedals on their bikes.

I would really go in on you but just keep this for now.

People are speaking and calabar chimps want to join the convo.

7 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:41am On Nov 03, 2015
[s]
fratermathy:

Your arguments are vain, baseless, and I daresay, plain silly. You have shifted the whole crux of this topic and derailed it beyond its scope. You have insulted yourself, your people, and all that you think you stand for. You have unearthed your incorrigibility, lack of direction and intellectual aridity. You are nothing but a troll and a shadow of it. Here you are, in a thread about your people, mincing words and measuring penile sizes with someone so kindhearted enough to do an expose on your people, however flawed. You are the definition of unappreciation and violence. Your vanity and adamant nature is reminiscent of the fly that dodges a stray bullet only to be killed by the snarl of a broom. Your words and actions are like those of the much fabled witches and wizards of Ibibioland. You seem to negate progress, scholarship and everything expository about you and your people. You have an Oedipian flaw that makes you shield and guide your personality and privacy for the simple truth that you are a nobody and that shall you remain as long as you attack and betray the good Ibibio people, their friends and their lovers! Only a T.B.Joshua can cure you of your affliction and innate hatred for everything positive, intellectual and Ibiboid. In fact, a T.B. Joshua would be disgusted! Only an Olumba Olumba Obu can tolerate your silliness and cure you of your imperial affliction of xenophobia, violence and the hate of progress, peace and stability of the good people of AkwaCross.

I sheath my good words at this juncture, they can be better put to poetic usage and not wasted on you and your calibre of people with a socially fermented and intellectually warped ethnocentric disposition that equals madness mixed with a sense of wizardry and "marijuanism". !!! cool.[/s]

Your delusional assumption which led you to attempt to reconstruct the history of a people whose history was documented centuries before your people, The Urhobos, could even write has been your downfall.

There are already countless articles and books on and off the internet about the Akwa-Cross people so do you think you are to rewrite that?! We know our history, half-wit.

You should research on your dypsophilic Urhobo loafers and your vague history. Maybe you should research the confused history of Warri.

I'd take it that you were drunk when you typed this rubbish. Well,that's what Urhobo people are known for...and being JESTERS. Airheaded fleabag!

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by DerKaiser: 2:43am On Nov 03, 2015
Double post
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 2:50am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
[s]
Your delusional assumption which led you to attempt to reconstruct the history of a people whose history was documented centuries before your people, The Urhobos, could even write has been your downfall.

There are already countless articles and books on and off the internet about the Akwa-Cross people so do you think you are to rewrite that?! We know our history, half-wit.

You should research on your dypsophilic Urhobo loafers and your vague history. Maybe you should research the confused history of Warri.

I'd take it that you were drunk when you typed this rubbish. Well,that's what Urhobo people are known for...and being JESTERS. Airheaded fleabag!

Insult Urhobo all you want, unlike you, I am not tribalistic and won't claim what Urhobo is or is not. I am myself and I can write whatever I want to write and however I want to. In essence I have shamed your new penile call. If you want to drag Urhobo into this as you did Igbo, that is your own cup of tea! I won't die on top Urhobo's defence because I know my people and what we can do. You have insulted your people, Igbo, yoruba and Urhobo. You are suffering from acute ethnocentric syndrome. Are you the only one on Nairaland? Why the hate? Are you the devil himself? Even Lucifer loves something.

You have proven that you are simply a troll who is blinded by ethnicity, tribalism and ego. All these will be deflated after my repeated engagements with you. I'd make you understand that you are a nobody. Even your tribesmen have abandoned you because they know you are self centred. Your disease is pathological and only O. O. O can solve it.

If you know your history so much then query wiki for meltpoting your people as one but since you can't, coupled with your hatred for those who are better than you, you troll threads and spark up controversy. May the eternal Nous cogitate an amber to soothe your frail grey matter.

I thought this thread was your problem, it is not. Your problem is Oedipian and innate. Carl Jung would have marvelled at your bigotry.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:22am On Nov 03, 2015
fratermathy:

Insult Urhobo all you want, unlike you, I am not tribalistic and won't claim what Urhobo is or is not. I am myself and I can write whatever I want to write and however I want to. In essence I have shamed your new penile call. If you want to drag Urhobo into this as you did Igbo, that is your own cup of tea! I won't die on top Urhobo's defence because I know my people and what we can do. You have insulted your people, Igbo, yoruba and Urhobo. You are suffering from acute ethnocentric syndrome. Are you the only one on Nairaland? Why the hate? Are you the devil himself? Even Lucifer loves something.

You have proven that you are simply a troll who is blinded by ethnicity, tribalism and ego. All these will be deflated after my repeated engagements with you. I'd make you understand that you are a nobody. Even your tribesmen have abandoned you because they know you are self centred. Your disease is pathological and only O. O. O can solve it.

If you know your history so much then query wiki for meltpoting your people as one but since you can't, coupled with your hatred for those who are better than you, you troll threads and spark up controversy. May the eternal Nous cogitate an amber to soothe your frail grey matter.

I thought this thread was your problem, it is not. Your problem is Oedipian and innate. Carl Jung would have marvelled at your bigotry.

[highlight]
You are a stray dog and I am putting you in your place.

My attack on you began when you dared to opine that Christemmbassy's grammatical shortcomings were as a result of him ALWAYS SPEAKING IBIBIO.

That was a TRIBAL slur and you are paying for it. The Igbos who dared to spew invectives albeit subtly paid for it.

In my history on Nairaland, I have always stayed away from tribal wranglings but this direct insult on my people was one-too-many. Playing the victim won't help you. The feigned allegiance and alliance are off. That ship sailed when you created this half-truth of a thread.

I won't stop my attacks on you until you acknowledge you are in no place to rewrite the history of other people that was already written.

Drunken fleabag! Your pseudo-intelligence is what I am laying bare. Scrubbing your masked falsified hogwash and leaving the fibres of your shame glaring.

I am serving you your own medicine by insulting your people in return. Two can play, right?

Hopefully you'd find solace in 'Sapele water'. You always do, don't you? Dementia--ravaged Neanderthal!

[/b]
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:52am On Nov 03, 2015
[s]
DerKaiser:

Lol. It is funny that a people whose only national relevance, before the exploration of crude oil, was exporting illiterate houseboys and house girls could even dream of throwing shades towards the Igbos.

Even an intelligible language you people couldn't create and you are talking of nsibidi lol.

If you know how you lot sound to an average intelligent human, you people would abolish the nonsense you call language and start again from scratch.

You people and your culture are so worthless that an entire nation calls you all "calabar" which mind you is just a place and not even one of the lazy ethnic groups you have wallowing away there. Isn't that a shame?

Little wonder why all of you crawled out from your swamps to come and tear each other to shreds on this thread because you lack something as simple as identity. Shameless lot.

Igbos may be hated but every movement they make is feared by weaklings like y'all. That is dominance.

Aren't you ashamed that you are a snitch and proud?

Little kid, hausa or yoruba may have nothing against you but when the chips are down they would still cut you to pieces without hesitation. Doesn't that say much about your self esteem that you have to sulk up and look for acceptance before feeling a single self worth.

At least Igbos know their enemies and always tackle them head on. The question is could you phools do that?

Anyway you people are too tiny and irrelevant to be taken seriously. You are not a threat even to yourselves talk more of the great Igbos who have been taking shots from every godforsaken tribe in Nigeria but still hitting hard.

Get lost and get back to shamelessly clawing each other to shreds.

If your fellow statesman has just called your Ibibio inferior, how do you think I, a thoroughbred Igbo would view you.

Look who is talking about midgets lol

Go to any state in the East or Lagos and watch how your fellow "calabar" men whose only viable profession is Okada riding could barely reach the gear pedals on their bikes.

I would really go in on you but just keep this for now.

People are speaking and calabar chimps want to join the convo.
[/s]

Firstly, it's "LOL" and not "Lol".

About diction : Igbos are jokers. You pronounce "LAGOS" as "RAGOS", "PLATE" as "PRATE", "RAT" as "LAT"...cheesy

I bet you pronounce the letter M as "EMMU"!

FLATHEADED RACCOONS!

You are dogs. Nobody takes you seriously. Little wonder why you are called "CHEST BEATERS".

You are blood ritualists, fraudsters, robbers and everything ill with the Nigerian society. You even sold Ojukwu out for money!

Every fraud case always has an Igbo man involved. Your women are known pilferers. CHINO11, an Anambrarian, even confirms that Imo State women are prostitutes. cheesy

Everyone treats Igbos like pests. Two weeks ago, your Igwe was stripped _naked and flogged in Akure! cheesy He was chased out then he returned to plead for mercy. cheesy

Months ago, your Igbo brothers were shot like dogs in Aba market by the police.

The Ijaws used you, we did same too.

You sell your sisters in the disguise of bride price to feed your poor families.

You are so wretched that Ebonyi people cook HOUSE RATS. Yuck!

Everyday, online and offline, you are the butt of jokes. You'd always be slaves to be discarded when you serve your purpose.

Your people come to Uyo staring enviously at our infrastructures. Your leaders are thieves and South East is underdeveloped. You suck! I bet erosion has washed away half of your ancestral lands. Even your topsoil is clayey!

Igbos are uncivilized oppurtunists who try to latch on to other people's successes. You only wanted our oil. We uncovered your plan of renaming UYO to NEW OWERRI. Fraudsters.

You want access to sea. Your supposed friendship with us online is in the hope that we join your Biafran cause. Rivers State government vowed to deal with Biafran calls and so have we.

Next time you'd learn never to rub shoulders with your betters.
We won't join you in Biafra, thieves. Live with that! tongue
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by BabaTony: 4:13am On Nov 03, 2015
hector:
@op. Pliz don't mind all these ppl. i am a true son of ibibio nationality. Itu precisely. i commend u for the effort, time, unrestrained energy n submissiveness despite all d abuse. i am so delighted to know how much u cherish the ibibio nation n even going as far as writing about us. God bless u n pliz keep up the gud work. Dont mind this yeye people wen dey nairaland.
I am so ashamed of that one called sonOfmark, i use to think he was saner than he is today. i am disappointed.

@topic. the Efiks, oro, n andoni ppl will never agree to be a subset of ibibio no matter the angle of affiliation u might see it. The reason is not far-fetched, especially for the efiks n oro people, as they purportedly believe in their early civilization n education as compared to the ibibios. this ofcourse lacks credence n perhaps if remotely true doesnt really matter as what is obtainable today. Are they still more educated ? are we still their slaves?

The Ibibio is very proliferative n less rigid attracting more speakers than the other ethnic groups.

The other ethnic groups can claim their nationality as they wish, nobody is forcing anybody. Linguistics has made it clear that the other languages are dialects but they will never agree because of pride n ignorance. Even in unical, ibibio language is what is offered in dept of ling n com. studies instead of efik, so wat are we saying?

They are saying wikipaedia is not credible enough, pliz let them point out any scholarly documented research online that puts ibibio as a subgrp of efik? Efik bible is what the ibibios use, and so wat? Who told them that it is only an ibibio person that must write ibibio history?

shame on all the people insulting the op for taking out time to do wat they coundnt do for themselves. Wicked, backward set of people...

YOU JUST NAILED IT SIR! MOST OF THE PEOPLE CONDEMNING THE OP ARE DOING SO BECAUSE OF POLITICS, WHICH IS VERY VERY SAD. THEY NEED TO REMOVE THOSE POLITICAL GOGGLES AND DO SOME RESEARCH OF WHO THEY TRULY ARE. OP YOU DID A FANASTIC JOB! ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THE IBIBIO PEOPLE CAN EMAIL ME, I HAVE LOADS OF MATERIALS TO EDUCATE YOU.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Orokita(m): 5:35am On Nov 03, 2015
in as much as I understand what you are trying to do here I must point out that some lies in or post are misleading. the efiks are always going veto bve the efiks and the ibibios, ibibios. calabar belongs to the efiks and not the ibibios, yeasts of inter marriage and coexistence could be said to bve the reason for the similarities in dialect. just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Photos Of Dogo, The "Tallest Man In Kaduna" / Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.